PDA

View Full Version : gloves

zigwah
12th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Best way to keep gloves fresh between rounds lads? ideas

Freezer bag?

grandmasterb
12th December 2009, 07:55 PM
Put it back in its original packaging ;)

f00re
12th December 2009, 07:59 PM
I heard a sealed sandwich bag is good, with the zip thing.

zigwah
12th December 2009, 09:00 PM
I heard a sealed sandwich bag is good, with the zip thing.

sounds like it would work much the same as a freezer bag, but may last longer.

zacdullard
12th December 2009, 09:16 PM
I just throw it into my bag and it always is nice and crusty next time I use it.

What does putting your golve in a plastic bag do, keep it soft?

ParMaster
12th December 2009, 09:17 PM
Why do you even wear a glove? No need.

zigwah
12th December 2009, 09:21 PM
my left thumb gets shredded if i don't wear one.

Yeah, freezer bag keeps it from going crusty.

zacdullard
12th December 2009, 09:23 PM
I never use to wear one but when I started to play and practice more my girly little hands could no longer handle it. Also a lot of people need them because they sweat heaps.

KristianJ
12th December 2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the coaching tip, Fred. ;)

I just have them all in a pocket in my bag...they don't seem to end up going crusty on me. so I never give much thought to rebagging them.

Hamo84
12th December 2009, 09:33 PM
i put mine back into the packaging and back into the bag. having said that i am one of those that Zac said above, I am one of those who sweats a lot well at least my hands/arms do in the heat and i only get 1-2 rounds + practise (200+ pitches and 200 balls at the driving range) out of a glove before it ends up real crusty lol

ParMaster
12th December 2009, 09:36 PM
Is crusty good?

KristianJ
12th December 2009, 09:37 PM
In terms of bread, most certainly.

Hamo84
12th December 2009, 09:44 PM
Is crusty good?
not initially after 5 mins of warmup its ok though

KristianJ
12th December 2009, 09:51 PM
FWIW, I generally get about well with synthetic leather gloves, so I guess that's probably why they don't dry out.

MegaWatty
12th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Synthetic glove man myself. The entry level Footjoy is a great glove, and as I sweat a lot, I get a shit load more rounds out of it. Leaves crusty leather gloves for dead. Highly recommend it!!!

f00re
12th December 2009, 10:56 PM
I just throw it into my bag and it always is nice and crusty next time I use it.

What does putting your golve in a plastic bag do, keep it soft?

Its meant to keep it soft (not dry out) Personally I do exactly the same as you. once you wear it for a few minutes, its soft again anyway.

Stuart
13th December 2009, 07:48 AM

I agree - I've never worn a glove and can't quite work out why you would. Surely if you sweat or get blisters you should wear a glove on both hands .....

v205
13th December 2009, 09:33 AM
Most common advise and works.

Put it back in its original packaging ;)

PeteyD
14th December 2009, 08:24 AM
I gave up gloves. Waste of money.

LarryLong
14th December 2009, 08:32 AM
Store them in your underwear. The moist environment will prevent them from drying out. That's not to say they won't end up crusty though.

Stuart
14th December 2009, 09:56 PM
So why do people wear a glove only on one hand? I've been playing for many years now, but I'm still unsure of this.

Yossarian
14th December 2009, 09:58 PM
For the best combination of grip and feel.

I feel like the club will go without a glove, sweaty hands and all that.

Stuart
14th December 2009, 10:03 PM
So it is to do with the left hand (for right handers) grip predominantly? If your right hand is sweaty it doesn't matter so much?

Yossarian
14th December 2009, 10:15 PM
Pretty much, never really thought about it to much, but the left hand definately seems to provide the 'vice'. If that makes any sense.

matty
14th December 2009, 10:20 PM
I bought one of the Footjoy synthetic gloves with the metallic round ball marker a few months ago (about $25) and can't believe how durable they are.

I would also get only a couple of rounds and a couple of sessions of the non synthetic Callaway gloves I was using before a hole would appear on the inside of the thumb.

The non synthetic last ages and I don't have to look after them in the slightest.

Stuart
15th December 2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks Yoss - I've never found wearing a glove particularly comfortable so I've never bothered. You've got me starting to wonder whether I should give it a go again.

Yossarian
15th December 2009, 09:55 AM
Adlo doesn't play with a glove at all and he isn't that much of a chopper ;) Seriously though do whatever feels good man.

grandmasterb
15th December 2009, 10:29 PM
I used to feel naked without a glove but now i just feel weird wearing one. I still carry one in the bag/pocket just incase.

I think i stopped wearing it as i was sick of blowing out a brand new glove after 1-2 rounds so figured id save the money (hello new Iomic grips)

markTHEblake
16th December 2009, 10:17 PM
So why do people wear a glove only on one hand? I've been playing for many years now, but I'm still unsure of this.

because you hold onto the club with your left hand not the right hand. Think about that for a while :-)

Scottt
16th December 2009, 11:16 PM
I've never worn one and have no worries with grip.

Freddie Couples has never really worn one, has he?

Yossarian
17th December 2009, 01:19 AM
It is weird how some guys can do it. I have tried, it would be so much cheaper, but for the life of meI cannot get used to it.

Stuart
17th December 2009, 07:07 AM
because you hold onto the club with your left hand not the right hand. Think about that for a while :-)

I've heard that argument before, but I'm not totally convinced. I understand what you are saying (i.e. the right hand shouldn't overpower the left), but surely you accept it plays some role. Ben Hogan's comment about wanting three right hands comes to mind (and he battled a hook all those years).

Try hitting the ball without your right hand at all and watch your drives struggle to reach the ladies tee. People don't swing one-handed after all. And if so, why shouldn't sweat on your right hand be equally problematic to controlling the club?

I'm not trying to be argumentative just for the sake of it - this topic does genuinely interest me.

dan
17th December 2009, 08:39 AM
Started with leather then switched to synthetic....then switched back to leather. Just no comparison in feel & comfort. But I wish a glove company would solve the crusty issue.

Andrew_S
17th December 2009, 07:02 PM
I quite enjoy playing without a glove, except when it's a hot and sweaty day. It's a bit of a toss to whinge about the club slipping around in your hand after you hit a bad shot