PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones...whose got what?

gazgolf1
22nd February 2005, 06:52 PM
My phone contract comes up for renewal in April and that means the Phone company will be onto me offering a new handset if I sign up for another 12 months. :?
What phones have you got and is anyone insanely happy with their handset?
Also anybody got a bluetooth headset and what do you think?

naragah
22nd February 2005, 07:35 PM
I have a Kyocera slider CDMA just good enough nothing to rave on about though gives good range

Trung
22nd February 2005, 07:37 PM
have 2 right now.

Siemens SL55 & Nokia 3120

both are good phone :D

990B Luva
22nd February 2005, 07:51 PM
i have the Vodafone Live Sagem MYV55 and have had no problems, from what i have heard 3 is the go

Fishman Dan
22nd February 2005, 10:11 PM
I have a Kyocera slider CDMA just good enough nothing to rave on about though gives good range

My wife has a Kyocera Slider (CDMA) as well, it's quite a good phone though can be a pain in the proverbial to use for texting - if you give a sh!t about that...

I've got a Nokia 6610. It's a phone with a colour screen and wanky ring tones. But it's a phone.

gazgolf1
22nd February 2005, 10:34 PM

My wife has a Kyocera Slider (CDMA) as well, it's quite a good phone though can be a pain in the proverbial to use for texting - if you give a sh!t about that...

I've got a Nokia 6610. It's a phone with a colour screen and wanky ring tones. But it's a phone.

Got the 6610 myself...not bad but its time for change. :roll:

markTHEblake
22nd February 2005, 11:04 PM
If your into the whole PDA thing check out the Motorola A768 or E680, but not sure if any Telco's are retailing it yet in OZ.

Just think you will be able to enter all your equipment specs into a database on your phone so you have instant access to all the info.

wavemaker
23rd February 2005, 09:24 AM
My nokia 6610 was a complete bucket, went for repairs 3 times, Motorola make land mines too, the samsung E700 I have now is a compact little flip phone, does everything I need and more, camera, web access, infra red transfer and so on. It has been on constantly for a year and I have not had a single problem with it. Having said that, now watch the b@stard blow up in my ear next time I use it.

gazgolf1
23rd February 2005, 03:07 PM
My nokia 6610 was a complete bucket, went for repairs 3 times, Motorola make land mines too, the samsung E700 I have now is a compact little flip phone, does everything I need and more, camera, web access, infra red transfer and so on. It has been on constantly for a year and I have not had a single problem with it. Having said that, now watch the b@stard blow up in my ear next time I use it.

Wavey,
When you say web access does that mean you can check your emails and surf Ozgolf etc?
Does that cost extra?

Fishman Dan
23rd February 2005, 03:10 PM

Wavey,
When you say web access does that mean you can check your emails and surf Ozgolf etc?
Does that cost extra?

Web access on phones isn't just overrated, it's overpriced and unreliable. Don't factor it in if you are serious about getting a phone unless someone else is paying the bill.

If you are serious about it though you'll want to start looking at PDA's.

wavemaker
23rd February 2005, 03:33 PM
Couldn't agree more Fisho, WAFTM in my opine. I tried using the web access a few times and got no where and it cost$6 to find out. Luckily it just burned up a bit of my unused call money. I dont bother with it now, but I still like the phone, it has been a beauty compared with the last coupla nokias I have had. So in answer to your Q Gaz, yes it does those things, yes it costs and no, its not worth it. But a good phone none the less.

McMw
23rd February 2005, 05:05 PM
nkia 7210 and 6710 with a 8250 as standby...

the 6710 is great for SMSing... :wink:

drunken
23rd February 2005, 08:11 PM
Mate go for one of these babies. got everything you'll need.

http://nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,48500,00.html