PDA

View Full Version : Callaway X-22 Irons

IHall
11th December 2009, 06:20 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post and and hopefully I have it in the appropriate section.

As the title suggests I am after opinions from anyone about callaway x-22 irons, I am looking to buy a set from the US but have only had the chance to have a hit with them at the shop. I am 6'2, 30 years old and currently have a handicap of 17 and a swing speed around 90kmh, I understand that the uniflex shaft is not suited to my swing speed and would appreciate your advice for a suitable shaft as well.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks in advance for the help.

razaar
11th December 2009, 06:51 PM
Is the 90kmph with a 5-iron?

3oneday
11th December 2009, 06:52 PM
Hi IHall and welcome 8)

Is your game improving ? Maybe you should look at the X22 Tours as the shaft in those is stock at the Project X Flighted ?

Probably also depends on what your bad shot is, but the Tours certainly have a wide enough sole.

IHall
11th December 2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yes my game is improving slowly when i get the chance to play regularly.
Sorry I forgot to mention the speed is measured using a 5 iron.

Thanks

razaar
11th December 2009, 08:55 PM
Have you demo'ed a set of X-22s yet? If not, I suggest that you do and get fitted for shaft flex, length and lie. Then you will know what to look out for. Can't see the sense in buying a set (cheaply) if the specs are wrong for you.

Captain Nemo
11th December 2009, 09:08 PM
X-20 Tours, same horse different jockey, and are cheaper!:smt038
Plus im biased!;)

SV8
11th December 2009, 09:34 PM
Titleist is right the x20 has a better feel than the x22 - rocco does ok with his set of x20's.

Captain Nemo
11th December 2009, 09:35 PM
;)

SV8
11th December 2009, 09:37 PM
IHall - buy an old x12 pro series single iron for 5 bucks off ebay - probably as good as it gets if you like the shovel look. probably 2 dollars if your a lefty !

Tex
12th December 2009, 08:40 AM
IHall thinking I will be selling my X22's. Graphite shaft -stiff +1 standard lie 4-PW, AW/LW, SW. 6 months old... let me know if you are interested

Cheers

IHall
12th December 2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I went and got fitted today and have a much better idea of what will suit me.
3oneday - I tried the X-22 tours and they are a great set, pity the X-22 and tours are so expensive here as it would be great to be able to buy locally. I now have a bit of a issue deciding between the two. The X-22's give me more confidence due to the size of them, but the tours seem like a club i could grow with.
Tex - Thanks for the offer of the clubs but i am not looking for graphite shafts.
Titleist - Thanks for the heads up, i will check out ebay tomorrow.
I take it Callaways are great clubs due to the the fact you never really see any come up for sale, am i right in assuming this?

Thanks again everyone.

zigwah
12th December 2009, 03:10 PM
check out 3balls.com mate i think they still have free shipping on callaway sets

razaar
12th December 2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I went and got fitted today and have a much better idea of what will suit me.
3oneday - I tried the X-22 tours and they are a great set, pity the X-22 and tours are so expensive here as it would be great to be able to buy locally. I now have a bit of a issue deciding between the two. The X-22's give me more confidence due to the size of them, but the tours seem like a club i could grow with.
Tex - Thanks for the offer of the clubs but i am not looking for graphite shafts.
Titleist - Thanks for the heads up, i will check out ebay tomorrow.
I take it Callaways are great clubs due to the the fact you never really see any come up for sale, am i right in assuming this?

Thanks again everyone.
With your swing speed and height, Tex's set would be perfect for you. I have a set of X-20's with regular shafts in graphite and my swing speed is slightly faster than yours with a 5-iron and I love them. Have seen Tex's set a few times now and they are tops. Your call.

3oneday
12th December 2009, 04:16 PM
check out 3balls.com mate i think they still have free shipping on callaway sets

I think it's only $10 off now.

zigwah
12th December 2009, 04:29 PM
bugger yes it is.

Tex
13th December 2009, 02:51 PM

I take it Callaways are great clubs due to the the fact you never really see any come up for sale, am I right in assuming this?

Thanks again everyone.

No Problem...

You can find them around the place pretty easy, they are a good club (X22's and the predecessors) and do the job they were designed for (mid-high handcap forgiving shovels) pretty damn well...

Anyway.... here if you change your mind $600 + postage

Thanks for the support Razz :):smt038

IHall
14th December 2009, 07:43 PM
I have ordered a set of clubs from 'golfetail', thanks for the advice from everyone. I will not be able to blame the clubs from now on ;)
Fingers crossed they do not end up for sale on here for a long time.

razaar
15th December 2009, 05:40 PM
Was your price as good as this?

http://www.golfclubswarehouse.com/?gclid=COrnyJ7p154CFRxJagod7xJL-w

3oneday
15th December 2009, 08:08 PM
I know you hate ho'ing, but please don't encourage folks to ho from China.

razaar
15th December 2009, 09:13 PM
Behave yourself, that is your thing!!!

IHall
15th December 2009, 09:44 PM
Haha, no not that low. Hopefully a lot more reliable though.

3oneday
15th December 2009, 10:07 PM
Behave yourself, that is your thing!!!

you linked him a dodgy website though :confused: