PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Clothes, Shoes etc?

Daves
11th December 2009, 11:33 AM
I tried searching for a previous thread on this but nothing similar came up. This thread has a couple of good site links;

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10512

So where do you buy your shirts, shorts, shoes etc? online and/or shopfronts welcome. I am talking primarily Golf gear but other stuff would also be helpful. For example I am looking to buy some Sperry boat shoes at the moment, and they are much cheaper and you get much greater choice out of the US. I have just got to find the right shipping deals. Having big feet (UK 13/US 14) and needing a wide fitting makes shoe purchases a challenge in Oz at times!

Have not yet been to Cutter and Bucks, but hear they are good. Any other shopfronts worth visiting?

PeteyD
11th December 2009, 11:48 AM
Go to the Pacific Brands outlet store for shirts and pants (that is the Cutter and Buck one).

gazgolf1
11th December 2009, 01:50 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/promo/golf/

adlo
11th December 2009, 02:37 PM
Rockbottomgolf have some crazy cheap shoes and apparel. I have size 13 US shoes and can generally find something.

Hux
11th December 2009, 07:07 PM
You are a big hoofer Dave. I am only a delicate US14 myself and they support a bigger body :-)

I find that Footjoy Dryjoy medium actually fit for me.
I have found a couple of Ebay clearance places for shoes but yet to pull the pin on any from them. Other than that cabelas.com is good for all things big.

markTHEblake
11th December 2009, 07:10 PM
I dont buy any clothes. Get plenty enough free shirts through playing golf, and the mrs buys the odd pair of strides or shorts whenever she spots a bargain.

Hux
11th December 2009, 07:35 PM
I dont buy any clothes. Get plenty enough free shirts from my mates who work on the road gangs, and the mrs buys the odd pair of strides or shorts whenever she spots a bargain.

Yep noticed those high vis shirts at the champs. You get the King Gee shorts with crack proof technology to match :-)

just
11th December 2009, 07:42 PM
Blakes too skinny to have a crack.

grandmasterb
11th December 2009, 09:40 PM
Majority of my stuff i buy through a mate or through the local pro if i have vouchers to spend.

I tend to buy alot of Cross stuff mainly cause its what i've used for years snowboarding and love the quality and style of it. If im going to buy shoes (usually 2-3pairs at a time) i get them out of the US.

AlexMc
12th December 2009, 04:35 PM
I got a few things off www.trendygolf.com the other day from their Sale range - stuff like Peak Performance which is great looking gear but not sold over here...

Daves
14th December 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and sites guys.

A bit of searching threw up a couple of more shopfronts perhaps worth a visit;

The Golf Closet at Stones Corner

Reebok Factory Outlet at the Gabba

I am thinking of a trip to Prestige Brands, then to 2 above, then Drummonds at the Gabba or the Valley (have not seen the Valley store yet).

razaar
14th December 2009, 11:19 AM
Dave, we are heading over to Prestege Brands within the hour..Chrismus presents for the golfing outlaws.:)

Daves
14th December 2009, 11:24 AM
Dave, we are heading over to Prestege Brands within the hour..Chrismus presents for the golfing outlaws.:)

Might get there tomorrow with some luck.

terrys
14th December 2009, 03:13 PM
I tend to buy alot of Cross stuff mainly cause its what i've used for years snowboarding and love the quality and style of it.

I like the Cross stuff as well. Good quality. I like the slim fit as I'm only a skinny bastard and the Euro stuff is a much better fit than that fat American stuff.

Daves
7th January 2010, 05:31 PM
Finally got to Prestige Brands today and bought a bit of gear. Took the cheese and kisses and she bought some things for herself as well. Shirts, Tops, Shorts and Trousers for $10, $20 and $30. Caps 3 for $10, Ball Markers 9 for $10. Worth the trip.

I went into Drummonds at the Gabba last week, but they have a fairly limited range and its not cheap. Tried the Reebok Clearance store just around the corner in Annerley Rd, but they had little that was golf orientated. Lots of cheap Rockports, Reebok shoes etc though. There is supposed to be a place called the Golf Closet at Stones Corner, but it seems to have closed or moved.

Eag's
7th January 2010, 09:03 PM
Daves do Prestige Brands sell any other golf brands besides Cutter & Buck?
I am in the market for some new shirts and shorts.

Daves
7th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Daves do Prestige Brands sell any other golf brands besides Cutter & Buck?
I am in the market for some new shirts and shorts.

The vast majority of it is Cutter and Buck. I just checked what we bought and it was all C & B except one shirt which is branded Rhode Island. No well known name brands in the others I saw.