PDA

View Full Version : who is the best club fitter in Brisbane?

Diggaboy1
9th December 2009, 10:07 PM
who is the best club fitter in Brisbane?

PeteyD
9th December 2009, 10:09 PM
The wild man of Borneo. And he works for beer.

Oh fitter. Probably the bloke from GCI that is now at Indooroopilly?

Diggaboy1
9th December 2009, 10:10 PM
The wild man of Borneo. And he works for beer.

Oh fitter. Probably the bloke from GCI that is now at Indooroopilly?

who's that ?
GCI - Gold Coast International?

PeteyD
9th December 2009, 10:14 PM
do a search for clubfitters, ptetty sure this gets done at least once a month.

GCI was (I thinkO) Golf Club Innovations. - http://www.golfclubinnovations.com.au/

Apparently allright. I did my last fitting with Richard at Mr Tees at Capalaba. He's not bad.

BrisVegas
10th December 2009, 09:23 AM
Gary Calder at GCI is the guru that teaches all the trainee pros about clubmaking and fitting etc. I've found him very good on the couple of visits with him. Apparently he's at Indro now.

henno
10th December 2009, 09:25 AM
Apparently he's at Indro now.

Sure is.

3oneday
10th December 2009, 09:44 AM
I thought you bought custom made from Titleist ?

Diggaboy1
10th December 2009, 05:08 PM
I thought you bought custom made from Titleist ?

Do you honestly believe that they will spine and weight align them correctly. I would say there would be a high possibility that the person who put them together doesn'r even play golf.

Diggaboy1
10th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Gary Calder at GCI is the guru that teaches all the trainee pros about clubmaking and fitting etc. I've found him very good on the couple of visits with him. Apparently he's at Indro now.
How much did he slug you?

sms316
10th December 2009, 05:10 PM
Do you honestly believe that they will spine and weight align them correctly. I would say there would be a high possibility that the person who put them together doesn'r even play golf.
Geez I hope Dwayne sees this post.

:lol:

PeteyD
10th December 2009, 05:18 PM
the only manufacturer that does that is TM, All the other crap ones couldn't be bothered :D:D

Deano
10th December 2009, 06:50 PM
Another vote for Gaz GCI Indro.

razaar
10th December 2009, 07:31 PM
Gary doesn't spine align iron shafts (at least he didn't when at Archerfield) and I'd ask him about this and also about MOI matching before handing over clubs for tweeking.

henno
10th December 2009, 07:35 PM
spine align... Moi matching...

witchcraft!

3oneday
10th December 2009, 07:48 PM
witchcraft!
I'd agree, except witchcraft has had better results ;)

PeteyD
11th December 2009, 07:35 AM
Spine aligning is fun. Doubt I would pay anyone to do it though.

goughy
11th December 2009, 08:11 AM
I must be the only person who wasn't happy with their GCI experience. Not disputing GC's experience which is far superior to mine. Had a driver and 3 wood reshafted by him after a club fit. My god were they just the worst shafts in the world. The 3 wood was a steel shaft that was seriously like a piece of spaghetti! Driver wasn't much better. They were shafts that he had a multitude of in his shop.

Honestly, Jaster puked when he saw what they were like and I stuck it out with them and litterally didn't hit them well once.

PeteyD
11th December 2009, 08:16 AM
I still recommend the Wild man of Borneo. Anyone who works for beer has got to be good!!

BrisVegas
11th December 2009, 09:13 AM
How much did he slug you?

I think it was $50 for a basic analysis, but if you got a reshaft thru him then it was free. I think last time I went (2+ years ago) I paid about $60 to check and adjust my iron lie and lofts.

razaar
11th December 2009, 09:13 AM
I must be the only person who wasn't happy with their GCI experience. Not disputing GC's experience which is far superior to mine. Had a driver and 3 wood reshafted by him after a club fit. My god were they just the worst shafts in the world. The 3 wood was a steel shaft that was seriously like a piece of spaghetti! Driver wasn't much better. They were shafts that he had a multitude of in his shop.

Honestly, Jaster puked when he saw what they were like and I stuck it out with them and litterally didn't hit them well once.
I had a similar experience only with iron rifle shafts. I told Gaz that the shafts he installed were too stiff for me but he refused to listen, stating that they were the shafts recommended by Precision and the Dynacraft manual for my swing speed. Must have a power leak in my swing was the comment.:shock: Shortly after Precision and Dynacraft revised their flex ratings for the rifle shaft and acknowledged that they had got it wrong. Gaz wouldn't accept any responsibility and it cost me more cash to have the set stepped down. So much for feedback from the customer. Wouldn't go back there again.
One of his former clubfitting puplis Chris McCourt, has the knowledge and equipment to cover all bases in matching every club in the bag. Of course you have to pay accordingly, but it is daylight for the aspiring champion and competitive professional. IMO it is worth getting done if you intend using your set for four or five years.

Diggaboy1
11th December 2009, 07:31 PM
I had a similar experience only with iron rifle shafts. I told Gaz that the shafts he installed were too stiff for me but he refused to listen, stating that they were the shafts recommended by Precision and the Dynacraft manual for my swing speed. Must have a power leak in my swing was the comment.:shock: Shortly after Precision and Dynacraft revised their flex ratings for the rifle shaft and acknowledged that they had got it wrong. Gaz wouldn't accept any responsibility and it cost me more cash to have the set stepped down. So much for feedback from the customer. Wouldn't go back there again.
One of his former clubfitting puplis Chris McCourt, has the knowledge and equipment to cover all bases in matching every club in the bag. Of course you have to pay accordingly, but it is daylight for the aspiring champion and competitive professional. IMO it is worth getting done if you intend using your set for four or five years.

yes I've use chris before and he does a really good job and does it all

Jarro
11th December 2009, 07:33 PM
Chris is excellent 8)

Deano
11th December 2009, 08:13 PM
FWIW Gaz at GCI does MOI if ya want a set structured that way.

Jarro
8th February 2010, 09:09 AM
One of his former clubfitting puplis Chris McCourt, has the knowledge and equipment to cover all bases in matching every club in the bag.

yes I've use Chris before and he does a really good job and does it all

Chris is excellent 8)

Anybody got a handle on where Chris is at the moment ?

markTHEblake
8th February 2010, 09:23 AM
yes, i've like mentioned he is at Parkwood like 1000 times. the search function works really well too :razz:

Jarro
8th February 2010, 09:30 AM
Parkwood 'eh.

Thanks Blake

just
8th February 2010, 09:30 AM
yes, i've like mentioned he is at Parkwood like 1000 times. the search function works really well too :razz:
Blakey
You are the fitting expert, who do you think is the best at the moment/who do you use?

just
8th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Parkwood 'eh.

Thanks Blake

What are you looking at getting done?

Jarro
8th February 2010, 09:34 AM
What are you looking at getting done?

Looking at getting the irons looked at ... i'm pretty certain they're way too long for me. Lofts and lies etc.

I might as well get the woods looked at too while i'm there.

This is all dependant on cost of course.

just
8th February 2010, 09:35 AM
Let me know what it costs, I might get the driver looked at.

Jarro
8th February 2010, 09:36 AM
Let me know what it costs, I might get the driver looked at.

http://www.precisiongolfcentre.com/driving_range/iglc.php?page=4

markTHEblake
8th February 2010, 09:36 AM
Blakey
You are the fitting expert, who do you think is the best at the moment/who do you use?

I use Gary Tozer at aussiecustomgolf.com.au - who i think is very good and doesn't charge the earth. Cant say who is the best though can I - way too subjective

the setup in the parkwood clubfitting room doesnt impress me at all - nor the previous one. Just an average pro shop bench. It seems to me that most of the fitting they do there involves ordering direct from bridgestone rather than assembling themselves.

just
8th February 2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks Jarro and Blakey.

leighthebee
8th February 2010, 12:25 PM

Same here, GCI put a Nippon steel shaft in my Titty 3 wood and the thing cracked like a whip there was that much flex.