PDA

View Full Version : Golf Trip to Malaysia in 2010'

ktz
8th December 2009, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

Was looking at heading to Malaysia with a mate and our ladies for about a 10 day Golfing trip in about August next year.

Was just looking to see if anyone has been/going? Best places to book? Best Courses? Travel tips? Hotels? etc

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mark

ParMaster
8th December 2009, 06:09 PM
http://gilagolf.wordpress.com/ is your friend. Great website dedicated to golf in malaysia.

Also check out this course http://gilagolf.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/frasers-hill-golf-club/. Read it all. Funniest. Review. Ever! ;)

cazandpaul
10th December 2009, 07:01 PM
We have stayed at Awana Kijal on east coast - nice resort with attached course - not much else to do.

Around KL there are heaps of courses - only played Saujana but highly recommended.

Plenty of other areas we haven't been to.

rory
10th December 2009, 07:15 PM
im from malaysia. i can recomend you guys great golf courses to play and accomodations. let me know. there are too many courses that i can recomend you but depends on you budget. wont regret playing there

ParMaster
10th December 2009, 07:16 PM
Rory have you played at Frasers Hill?

rory
10th December 2009, 09:08 PM
no not there. that is in penang. ive played everywhere in kuala lumpur. which is the main state. there are alot of good courses that i can recomend there. u can also try and play golf in sabah. the course and the scenery there are perfect

pt73
20th December 2009, 09:21 PM
The Mines in KL but you may need some contacts to get a game there.

backintheswing
20th December 2009, 11:03 PM
I went to Malaysia is March/April this year to play in the World Amateur Teams event. The courses really are substandard compared to resort courses in Australia. The courses we played were just OK, but compared to a standard Brisbane course did not rate at all.

cazandpaul
22nd December 2009, 05:35 PM
backintheswing - where did you play?