PDA

View Full Version : Adam Scott tied for the lead at the Nissan

BrisVegas
21st February 2005, 01:34 PM
Looks like Adam Scott has cured his putting woes... He made a 20 footer on the 36th hole to get into a tie with Chad Campbell at -9. That might not sound like much, but the event may be called after 36 holes due to bad weather. Scott and Campbell would then go to a playoff...

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12321174-32463,00.html

http://www.pgatour.com/story/8213586

Go ADAM !!! 8) 8)

Fishman Dan
21st February 2005, 01:45 PM
There's heaps of Aussies in the top 20 - Leaney, Allenby, Badds.com :shock:

Scott was even with Tiger who looks to have struggled to -1 for the 2nd round.

Trung
22nd February 2005, 05:38 AM
FROM THE PGA TOUR
Nissan Open

Nissan Open playoff play-by-play

Adam Scott and Chad Campbell finished regulation at 133.

First playoff hole: Par-4 No. 18

First hole -- First shot:
Adam Scott: Drive lands in left rough
Chad Campbell: Drive lands in center fairway

First hole -- Second shot:
Adam Scott: Approach reaches front fringe -- about 30 feet from hole
Chad Campbell: Approach shot goes right, lands in greenside rough

First hole -- Third shot:
Adam Scott: Chips to 3 feet of hole
Chad Campbell: Chips to 3 feet of hole

First hole -- Fourth shot:
Chad Campbell: Putt lips out of hole
Adam Scott: Putt drops for par

Adam Scott wins the Nissan Open

:P

Eag's
22nd February 2005, 05:54 AM
Another Aussie winner, you little beauty \:D/

3oneday
22nd February 2005, 06:43 AM
I am reading elsewhere that it doesn't count as a PGA Tour win, because the rules stipulate 54 holes :shock: :shock: apparently the money is good for the money list, but not an official win :cry:

Pete

Iain
22nd February 2005, 07:35 AM
I am reading elsewhere that it doesn't count as a PGA Tour win, because the rules stipulate 54 holes :shock: :shock: apparently the money is good for the money list, but not an official win :cry:

Pete

No it won't get him into the Mercedes and only counts of 3/4 of the normal ranking points. But it's a good start to the year for the money list.

Iain

amanda
22nd February 2005, 07:42 AM
Trung - what are you doing up at 5.38am :shock: - no work today?

Fishman Dan
22nd February 2005, 07:50 AM

Pete

Show me a pro golfer who'd be upset at this? ;)

Jarro
22nd February 2005, 08:56 AM
A wins a win in my book.

Great stuff Scotty 8)

3oneday
22nd February 2005, 09:25 AM

Pete

Show me a pro golfer who'd be upset at this? ;)please, I don't think these guys are playing solely for the money. Adam Scott is already at the level where he is playing for titles and PGA wins. :D

I personally think there would be a few upset (disappointed would be a better word), not your Baddeleys etc, but a few of the "winners" might be. In my humble opinion, of course :wink:

Pete

Jarro
22nd February 2005, 10:09 AM
.. so did Tiger finish in the top 4 :?:

bet he'd be pissed off if he did ... because if this tournament doesn't count, he wouldn't be eligible to get his #1 spot back :roll:

Jarro
22nd February 2005, 10:31 AM
nice trophy 8)

http://foxsports.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,420015,00.jpg

Trung
22nd February 2005, 04:25 PM

it was 6.38am... you need to adjust your forum clock :wink: .

Our budgie went missing this morning. My dad & sister woke me up to told me a cat had knocked the cage on the ground and George the budgie is missing :cry:

My dad and sister gave up on him. :cry: .. I went to the yard and found him after 5 mins. The smart little bugger was hiding inside the magwheel of my sis's car.

Wasn't he glad to see me... Phewwwwwwwwwww :P
And wasn't our family glad to see him... Been with us for more than 3 years now. 8)

Fishman Dan
22nd February 2005, 05:33 PM

it was 6.38am... you need to adjust your forum clock :wink: .

Our budgie went missing this morning. My dad & sister woke me up to told me a cat had knocked the cage on the ground and George the budgie is missing :cry:

My dad and sister gave up on him. :cry: .. I went to the yard and found him after 5 mins. The smart little bugger was hiding inside the magwheel of my sis's car.

Wasn't he glad to see me... Phewwwwwwwwwww :P
And wasn't our family glad to see him... Been with us for more than 3 years now. 8)

Trung - this is a truly bizarre story. Just glad your sister didn't head off to work early :shock:

McMw
23rd February 2005, 03:57 PM
3/4 the ranking points....does that mean he also got 3/4 the money??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

perhaps the power to be should consider relocating the schedule for the nissan open to another part of the year...coz that's 2 of these tourney that's been affected by rain (badly) - surprisingly, both won by aussies...