PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 21st Feb 2005

Jarro
21st February 2005, 12:34 PM
80 (39/41) at Nudgee South (Par 70) this morning.

drove the ball well, with my missed fairways only a few meters offline.

putted well and had a couple of birdies 8)

cazandpaul
21st February 2005, 02:53 PM
33pts off the blues this morning - really disappointed with the way I hit it but the score was OK (and the beer was cold after 8) ).

Trung
22nd February 2005, 04:44 PM
Played with an old boss today at MOnavale...

30 (12+18 ) points. 3 wipes on the front 9s to keep him happy... not :(

Ona
22nd February 2005, 05:49 PM
18 holes this arvo with my usual golf partner. my most enjoyable round in a long time, but it was weird.

we normally play match, and it's usually close, but lately it's been with poor scoring. today we both scored beter and there were some great moments. the biotch sank some stinka's and i missed less 4 footers than usual. 1down after the front but ended up trouncing him 1up :roll: Eagle on 13 :D after he chipped in for bird :P

twas weird because i was scoring well despite hitting almost everything left, nasty draw/hook. went in with the intention to swing easy and smooth and only carrying 9 clubs. couldnt hit it straight to save myelf, but had my lowest score in a while :? 2 over :D missing 4 footers on both 9 and 18 for par :evil: only hit 50% of fairways and greens, but due to the score i'll give the toned down swing another burl next time.

OH. played the two par fives 3 under. but even Trung could reach them in two :oops: .. well maybe :P

jimandr
22nd February 2005, 07:22 PM
My golfing depression is complete.

Today was about the lowest depth of despair I have ever sunk to while on the course. Whats worse, for those following the thread about golf stats, is this round was my first 'official round' for statisticcal purposes. It'll take another 20 games to recover from the statistical spike caused by this effort.

The horrible details:

24 points
Fairways: 4 of 14
GIR: 4 of 18, no birdies
Putts: 34 incl 2 three putts
Putts per GIR: 2.25
Up & Downs: 4 of 11
Penalties: 2.

The stat that should never be kept (and those who suffer shanks should avert their eyes now :oops: :oops: ) is five shanks, all really bad ones straight off the hosel.

It wasn't just that I couldn't fix it, but my attempts made it worse.

I looked up the cures on the net before logging here, and I'll be trying them all before my next game (friday).

Trung
22nd February 2005, 09:36 PM
Doh Jim #-o . Even I'm feeling sorry for you right now :smt056

Better luck next time. I went though a period similar myself. I know how you feel. :?

Courty
22nd February 2005, 09:51 PM
Went out for a quick nine after work today with a mate.
I shot 38 (+1) with a bird & 2 bogies....
Fairways: 4/7
Greens: 6/9
Putts: 16
Up & Downs: 3/4

Much better thanm the weekends efforts. :roll:

Jarro
23rd February 2005, 12:43 PM
33 points at Nudgee North this morning.

MAN IT WAS HOT :!: :!:

... add to the fact that i had about 4 hours sleep after getting home from work at around 1;30am .... i was sort've pleased with the result :?

Keza_G
23rd February 2005, 07:33 PM
Played Riverlakes.... today 23/02/05

Off the stick : 75 (par 72) - 3 over
FIR: 10/13
GIR: 13/18
Birdies : 2 (1st & 15th)
Bogeys : 3 (4th, 9th, 16th)
Doubles: 1 (5th)
Lost Balls : 2 (5th & 9th)
3 putt : 2 (5th & 16th)
34 Putts

Hit my driver left everywhere !!!

Actually quite happy but missed a lot of putts.

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
23rd February 2005, 07:37 PM

34 Putts

Cheers

Keza

Gee Keza, :shock: doubles, lost balls and 3 putts and you shoot 3 over :shock: good shootin you "new OzGolf Champ's FAVOURITE" :D

Keza_G
23rd February 2005, 07:55 PM
Gee Keza, :shock: doubles, lost balls and 3 putts and you shoot 3 over :shock: good shootin you "new OzGolf Champ's FAVOURITE" :D

Thanks Kev..... Scoring well and actually enjoying golf....
I had 3 over on the front and square on the back.

3,5,3,5,7,5,4,3,5=40 5,4,4,5,3,3,4,3,4=35 = 75 (par 72)..

Cheers

Keza

McMw
23rd February 2005, 10:23 PM
back into it this evening, after a break sun/mon/tues

hit the ball okay - just misdjudged distance (overclubbed)...
putting touch not back yet...

got tomorrow, friday and saturday to rectify that... :D

peter_rs
24th February 2005, 08:26 AM

34 Putts

Cheers

Keza

I'm impressed if you are playing this well,see how easy red is compared to blue. The next game could be close. :lol: you will kick me arse. She you on Sat.

markTHEblake
24th February 2005, 11:16 PM
had our pennant trials last 3 weeks. won 1up (was 3 down after 10) lost 3/1 (was 4 up after 9) and won 8/6 (personal best albeit unnofficial).

found out today that i made the squad. didnt like my chances with a couple of juniors improving like a house on fire. Anyway i am just happy to get another new shirt, thats 7 years in a row. nobody else in the team is longer than that. I reckon I will go for 10 and retire.

looks like I will be playing no. 7 again, or reserve, either way i will be getting a bat. But now we are in Division 1, I am crapping myself. some of these teams have 2 handicappers that cant get a game. Fortunately for me the ozgolf curse doesnt apply to pennants.

McMw
25th February 2005, 01:01 AM
shot a comfortable 36 this evening, with the only real blemish being a 3 putt bogey on the 8th...bad bad bad...

missed a few decent birdie putts here and there, but still trying to find a groove with the oddie belly... 8)

Onewood
25th February 2005, 07:15 AM
had our pennant trials last 3 weeks. won 1up (was 3 down after 10) lost 3/1 (was 4 up after 9) and won 8/6 (personal best albeit unnofficial).

found out today that i made the squad. didnt like my chances with a couple of juniors improving like a house on fire. Anyway i am just happy to get another new shirt, thats 7 years in a row. nobody else in the team is longer than that. I reckon I will go for 10 and retire.

looks like I will be playing no. 7 again, or reserve, either way i will be getting a bat. But now we are in Division 1, I am crapping myself. some of these teams have 2 handicappers that cant get a game. Fortunately for me the ozgolf curse doesnt apply to pennants.

Congrats on making the team =D> 7 years in a row is a good effort 8)

I think its off the stick so those 2 handicaps don't come into it :D

Keza_G
25th February 2005, 07:18 AM

found out today that i made the squad.

I reckon I will go for 10 and retire.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done Blakey !!! Good Luck in Div 1...

Cheers

Keza

jimandr
25th February 2005, 06:35 PM
In my previous post in this thread I described a nightmare round, so bad that the usual cure is a month away from the course to forget the existence or possibility of the dreaded shank.

I was committed to playing today, so I jumped back on the horse that kicked me so hard, my head full of swing thoughts designed not to hit the ball at a 60 degree angle to the right.

My first and more important target was achieved, in that I hit every shot more or less in the required direction during my 33 point score today.

Part of my solution was to not swing at full 100% capacity, which seemed to work. Costs me some distance (which I can't really afford) off the tee, and meant I was hitting an extra club or two into most greens, but I'm still happy.

Driving was good (9 fairways of 14), and iron play was good (10 GIR). Started with 3 one-putt greens in a row, but after I lost the magic Precept U-Tri Tour on our 5th hole I lost the feel of the putter. One birdie, one 3 putt.

Short game started well, but I missed a couple of easy opportunities on the back nine. It's actually nice to be able to complain about my short game again.

Instead of going into temporary retirement, I might have another go over the weekend, weather permitting (thunderstorms are forecast).

McMw
25th February 2005, 10:32 PM
shot another 36 today, but boy...it was UGLY...
yesterday, I had the ball under control thruout the 9...today, it was all over the place... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

McMw
26th February 2005, 02:00 PM
ugly 77 this morning...
finished up square against my 16marker fren (gave him a stroke a hole except par3s) and he was 2 up, 2 to go...so I had a sneaking feeling he played bad the last two...

hit some great drives (the one off the first hole was huge, considering)...

hope everything shows up tomorrow for the MM... :?

terryand
26th February 2005, 02:38 PM
Had my best gross around Windy today with a 74 \:D/

Beat the old best by 3 shots 8)

Terry.

Courty
26th February 2005, 05:28 PM
Played individual stableford *yawn* again. I had 39 pts off 8 (77) so I will be back off 7 again next week. A very consistent round (sort of). I had 1 birdie, 14 pars and 3 doubles :shock: , including a 4-putt after hitting a green in reg. :? Nevertheless, it was good enough to win the money anyhow.

Trung
27th February 2005, 11:46 AM
Had 29 points today 8) .

Comeon Trungie.. Pull your head together :D

BrisVegas
27th February 2005, 11:48 AM
Good shooting Terry and Courty! 8) :)

Trungy - that's just a hiccup mate. You'll be back, you got too much game ! :wink:

terryand
27th February 2005, 12:03 PM
Man its hard to win a a NTP at windy :?

On the 5th,playing around 170m,I hit it to 6" and got knocked off :evil:

Terry.

Eag's
27th February 2005, 02:26 PM
You are certainly in the middle of a purple patch Tezza, keep it going mate :smt023

Pinglauncher
27th February 2005, 04:21 PM
30 points today (15 + 15)

The greens at Carnarvon are the worst I have ever seen them and some of our fairways have been absolutely chopped to pieces by packs of crows. The course is certainly a challenge.

Grunt
27th February 2005, 06:31 PM
Well having 2 weeks off whilst doing a course for work has made my golf turn to crap.

2 rounds of 100+ on friday & Saturday. Off to see the swing coach again this week to get it back on board for the weekend.

Trung
27th February 2005, 07:28 PM
The greens at Carnarvon are the worst I have ever seen them and some of our fairways have been absolutely chopped to pieces by packs of crows.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jimandr
27th February 2005, 09:17 PM
In a way I'm happy to report that my golf game has returned to its former heartbreaking self on the evidence of my 33 point score today.

Driving was good (9 of 14), approaches good for a while until a late collapse (9 GIR), short game was OK (3 of 6 up and down) and putting was woeful (35 putts, incl 4 three putts and another 2 from inside 5 feet). 2 birdies the only positive.

Played the last 4 holes for 3 points, missing putts under 5 feet on every green after being in the middle of the fairway. The event was an aggregate, and my partner was on fire, recording 44 pts. My finish may have cost us victory in the team event.

Does a new putter help you hit the ball the right speed :?: Something has to be done, and soon.

Fishman Dan
27th February 2005, 09:33 PM
Does a new putter help you hit the ball the right speed :?: Something has to be done, and soon.

Ouch. It hurts to read that :shock:

Shorter backswing, and try taking no practice putting-strokes. I find that when i take 2/3 practices, i step up for the real putt, tense up and choke it well short.

markTHEblake
27th February 2005, 09:42 PM
1st round of Pennants today at Coolangatta Tweed - River, and there were some nasty pin positions out there.

Anyway we knocked off the reigning Div1 Titleholders 4/3. (mind you they have lost 3 players from last year). We figure as we are last years Div 2 winners, that means we have now unified both Divisions. Bring it on.

Returning to the course where i scored my inglorious 95 in the Ozgolf champs, I was a touch nervous (shitting bricks actually) Birdied the 1st which was 5 shots better than last time, so i knew i was on a roll.

Quickly allowed my opponent to lead by 3 holes after 7 before i decided to got serious. Got back to square, then gave him 2 holes back again. Got back to square again, then we had a putting comp for the last 3 holes, In which we both lipped out 3 times each, and then tragedy struck.

I three putted the 18th from about 15ft, perfect flat putt, so i lost 1 down. Its all Onewoods fault becuase he talked about my putting stroke last night. It was working perfectly until he said it was perfect :evil:

McMw
27th February 2005, 09:54 PM
kid got back from sydney couple of days ago, so we hooked up for a game this arvo (MM got cancelled)...

he had a 76 yesterday, so he was in pretty good touch, and after 6 holes, I was already 3 strokes behind him...

we got it back to square after the 15th...and on the 16th, I had a 7 (par3)...and a dissapointing bogey on 17, and a lucky par on 18 to save the 79...(last 10 rounds of 18holes under 80)...

kid was only 4 over after 17, and he NRed the last hole...
and he was smashing his driver HUGE today... :shock:

BrisVegas
28th February 2005, 08:52 AM
Played night golf (mostly in sunshine) on Saturday with the mob. Had 32 points, glad it was a stableford because it was an ugly stroke round with 7 lost balls..

32 points
7/13 fairways
7 GIR
33 putts, including 3 x 3-putts
1/1 sand save
? U&D - forgot to count them...

Onewood
28th February 2005, 09:11 AM
I three putted the 18th from about 15ft, perfect flat putt, so i lost 1 down. Its all Onewoods fault becuase he talked about my putting stroke last night. It was working perfectly until he said it was perfect :evil:

Hey mate it is perfect :wink: under no PRESSURE :D

mike
28th February 2005, 03:38 PM
I normally don't post here as a habit, as my golf is usually so crappy. However since you're all so interested, on saturday I hit an all time low score of 77 ( 5 over par ) and now have an all time low h'cap of 11.4.

Look out Courty.

By the way , my 65 nett score was only good enough for 2nd , some young mongrel shot a 63 nett . I'm having him kicked out of the club.

terryand
28th February 2005, 05:19 PM
Oya Mike, don't let Courty rule the roost up there :wink:

Terry.

Onewood
28th February 2005, 06:58 PM
I normally don't post here as a habit, as my golf is usually so crappy. However since you're all so interested, on saturday I hit an all time low score of 77 ( 5 over par ) and now have an all time low h'cap of 11.4.

Look out Courty.

By the way , my 65 nett score was only good enough for 2nd , some young mongrel shot a 63 nett . I'm having him kicked out of the club.

Good to see you coming into some form Mike 8) could be one to watch for the champs in november, this dark horse :D

PS
You know as I know Courty has Nothin :wink: :D

Courty
28th February 2005, 07:56 PM

Bring it on boys, I shoot 65's in my sleep! :twisted:

terryand
28th February 2005, 08:10 PM

Ya dreamin...

Oh yeah, your asleep so you must be :wink:

Terry.

Jarro
28th February 2005, 08:12 PM

how about you bring it on down here and play in the Champs in November :wink: :lol:

Courty
28th February 2005, 08:16 PM
how about you bring it on down here and play in the Champs in November :wink: :lol:

I'd love to. I'll have to see how things pan out. Got a lot of travel between now & then. Coming to Brisvegas for Origin 1 in May (no time for golf :cry: ) and then going to Europe for 5 weeks in July. Probably still broke in November.

AndyP
1st March 2005, 04:01 PM
Had my best gross around Windy today with a 74 \:D/

Beat the old best by 3 shots 8)
What has your h/cap dropped to now, Tez?
You did hit your lowest after Wantima (4.1). 3.7?

Flowergirl
1st March 2005, 04:29 PM
Went to Gold Coast - had fun- played bad - it's all good!!!
Loved playing in bunkers that actually have sand in them - fairway shots were embrassing :oops: Except for rescue club - mmmmmm- maybe I should use that a bit more than I do - except for chipping Damoocow - I told ya it wouldn't work :wink:
Just found out I'm in the pennant team - gees - how hard up must they be!!! We play our first game on Thursday. Cripes - I've never played pennant and only ever played a hadful of matchplay games. This could be very very ugly indeed. :evil: