PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Middle Ridge Open

peter_rs
20th February 2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Guys,

Its on the 26/27 March (easter weekend), For those who don't have a life :wink:

Its a 36 Hole stroke event over Sat/Sun. $35 per player. QGU/WGQ Approved.
men 1:0-9 2:10-24
Ladies 1:0-18 2:19-27

http://www.toowoombagolfclub.com.au/

Accomidation is cheap in Toowoomba $35 per peson.

Its good fun, I played last year. Sharon my partner won the Division two Best Net and got a 2 ball putter($300).

Onewood
20th February 2005, 08:00 PM
Seen a poster for this one on the notice board at Logan...

I did give it some thought but being over 2 days at Easter sorta ruled me out

peter_rs
20th February 2005, 08:09 PM
I know its a big ask being over two days and easter but as Toowoomba is cheap. rooms for a family can cost only $70 a night. U could do a long weekend. If you never been to toowoomba there is plent for kids to do, and shopping for the partner :lol: while your golfing.

Onewood
20th February 2005, 08:12 PM
Nice sales pitch Pete, :wink: you must be single :lol:

I used that one years ago :D

peter_rs
20th February 2005, 08:22 PM
No, not single have had her for 3+ years I just got smart and introduced her to golf.

She one div 2 best nett (won a two ball putter) second comp ever.

The only problem is I have to keep a agu less then hers, A problem since Until Sat I was 0/20 for breaking my handicap in comp rounds.

davidp
20th February 2005, 10:00 PM
Mmmm, might have to give this one a go. Middle Ridge is a great course. Accuracy at all costs.

Lucky I've got rellies & friends in Toowoomba. Might drop my wife and little girl out at her folks place. Morning sickness is not something you want to endure alone... :(

AndyP
21st February 2005, 08:08 AM
I usually head to the outlaws on the Sunny Coast for long weekends.

I'm actually thinking of playing the Sunshine Coast Open Amateur Tournament at Headland GC. Also 36 holes on the same weekend. Haven't looked into the details yet.

Already had one of my trips to Toowoomba for the year anyway. Can't have too many.

markTHEblake
21st February 2005, 09:41 AM
AndyP, i am interested in any Sunshine coast open day, particularily those that are not on the AB list. I am not that excietd about playing at Headland but if its an ozgolf day i"ll probably play.

markTHEblake
26th February 2005, 11:58 AM
Where are the Toowoomba boys on this one?

davidp
26th February 2005, 07:09 PM
I would say at least one of them will be up to his eyeballs in crappy nappies. :lol:

My sympathies Goughy.

BrisVegas
27th February 2005, 11:51 AM
Where are the Toowoomba boys on this one?

No chance for me. We move into our new place next weekend and will be spending the Easter long weekend building retaining walls, spreading 30-40 cubic metres of topsoil and laying turf.... I'll be lucky to get out for the Wynnum Cup and that's only a half dayer. :roll:

peter_rs
27th February 2005, 06:00 PM
I will be there at this stage- With shazza in toe she had her first game back in a month at virginia net 75. Its a medley field. I'm in the dog house for now not taking her to emerald lakes last night.

peter_rs
10th March 2005, 02:16 PM
Ok I'm send a form in by the end of the week I'm going to try and get a early tee time(7am).

1.Peter
2.Sharon

Whn I know my tee time I will post it if anyone wants to join us.

goughy
24th March 2005, 08:10 AM
Sorry peter, only just saw this thread. Unfortunately I'll be at a wedding at the sunshine coast this weekend.

And luckily I'm not getting too much of the crappy nappy work davidp. The extension and working pretty much 7 days a week for the last month has kept me off the course. It's gonna be that way for a few more months yet too :shock: :cry:

davidp
24th March 2005, 10:51 AM
Two mates of mine, (craigd & grantMc) & I are hitting off at 7:11, in the group behind Peter & Shazza.

So, 5 of us? Makes it an OzGolf event. :D

Results will be posted sometime next week.

Sorry to hear about the long work hours goughy. It's frustrating not to be able to spend a lot of time with the family, especially Kyan.

BrisVegas
24th March 2005, 01:12 PM
Two mates of mine, (craigd & grantMc) & I are hitting off at 7:11, in the group behind Peter & Shazza.

So, 5 of us? Makes it an OzGolf event. :D

Results will be posted sometime next week.

good luck guys!! Well done on getting CraigD to join up too David. 8)

peter_rs
24th March 2005, 01:33 PM
So if it becomes a Ozgolf event. does that mean its worth double the money as its over 36 holes? :lol:

Thanks BrisVegas I did it around that course

CobraSS
24th March 2005, 01:37 PM
I'll be there playing this event as well, I am teeing off in the arvo with my brother and old man.

peter_rs
24th March 2005, 01:42 PM
Well good luck to all playing and to the guys in the arvo if the wind and or rain kicks in.

We can offer hits before you tee off if you want :lol:

davidp
24th March 2005, 05:30 PM
Well good luck to all playing and to the guys in the arvo if the wind and or rain kicks in.

We can offer hits before you tee off if you want :lol:

It's okay, I've played the Ridge a few times and know where not to go. Still doesn't stop me though... :oops:

The forecast is mainly sunny for both days. As for the prizemoney, we'll take our cue from the Headland boys...

So we have:

1. peter_rs_644
2. Shazza
3. davidp
4. craigd
5. grantMc
6. CobraSS

Hope to see you guys on the course. :)

goughy
24th March 2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the long work hours goughy. It's frustrating not to be able to spend a lot of time with the family, especially Kyan.

It's not too bad cause I've got to spend a lot of time around the house with the reno's. I was actually up till 1.30am both nights before kyan was born wiring and gyprocking the walls. Fun Fun Fun.

At least we may have a kitchen in a week or so.

Sorry for the threadjack.

peter_rs
29th March 2005, 07:33 AM
Ok the first of the results-
male ccr-71
female ccr-75

The course was good and the greens great.... lots of spin for the better players. They were not as fast a pervious years.

winning male A grade net-134
winning male B grade net-135
winning female A grade net-144
winning female B grade net-158

Sharon had net 75 & 83- 158 B grade net winner- (1 shot lead over night)
Peter had net 80 & 78- 158

In the monday comp-
Sharon had a net 67
peter had a net 77

As for the other guys I have not heard yet?

I had a really bad weekend I lost my swing on the friday prac round. net 91 :oops: 11 on a par 5 1st (3 to green side sand then 5 in the sand ) followed by a 9 on the 180m par 3 11th (sand). I had the hooks with anything longer then the putter and could not hit driver. The sad thing is over the 4 days my worst number of putts was 36.

Kezza I got that shot back in a hurry. :lol:

CobraSS
29th March 2005, 12:18 PM
Well I had a shocking weekend
Sat nett 78
Sun Nett 87

My ball just seemed to find the worse kind of trouble on each hole, I was constantly bumping the ball out sideways and backwards from the trees both days.

peter_rs
29th March 2005, 12:20 PM
Well I had a shocking weekend
Sat nett 78
Sun Nett 87

My ball just seemed to find the worse kind of trouble on each hole, I was constantly bumping the ball out sideways and backwards from the trees both days.

The joy of the ridge- this is way my hcp is higher then it could be.- U HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT & KNOW YOUR DISTANCES

davidp
31st March 2005, 08:15 PM
Sorry guys, just got back from the country. Kept on driving west after Sunday's round and with good reason.

I chopped all weekend. Saturday - nett 77. Sunday - nett 76.

craigd had a nett 75 on Saturday. nett 73 on Sunday.

grantMc had a DQ on Saturday :shock: . nett 78 on Sunday.

Great course, in superb condition. It is a real precision shotmaker's course with good touch required around the greens.

davidp
31st March 2005, 08:29 PM
So, final results going by nett score is:

craigd - 148
davidp - 153
Shazza - 158
peter_rs_644 - 158
CobraSS - 165
grantMc - 78 (with a DQ on Sat)

They are a very, very, sad lot of scores. I'm almost ashamed to post them. :oops:

Onewood
31st March 2005, 10:18 PM

craigd - 148
davidp - 153
Shazza - 158
peter_rs_644 - 158
CobraSS - 165

They are a very, very, sad lot of scores. I'm almost ashamed to post them. :oops:

David, split them up between Sat and Sunday for the money list, coz it goes in as two rounds 8)

davidp
1st April 2005, 07:10 AM

craigd - 148
davidp - 153
Shazza - 158
peter_rs_644 - 158
CobraSS - 165

David, split them up between Sat and Sunday for the money list, coz it goes in as two rounds 8)

Ahhh :idea: Thanks Kev. Okay, here's the Sat / Sun results. Shazza gets the gong on Sat because the ladies play Middle Ridge in par 73. peter_rs_644 gets points over grantMc on Sunday, because grantMc decided to wrap his driver around a tap on Sunday in a fit of rage. He nearly killed craigd with the driver head flying at 60 km / h.

Blakey, grantMc is the same Grant that has played in other ozgolf days.

Sat Sun

Shazza - 75 craigd - 73
craigd - 75 davidp - 76
davidp - 77 peter_rs_644 - 78
CobraSS - 78 grantMc - 78
peter_rs_644 - 80 Shazza - 83
grantMc - DQ CobraSS - 87