PDA

View Full Version : Brand new sealed Sony PS3 Slim 120GB - $380

DracZ
1st December 2009, 12:25 AM
Hi all, have a brand new PS3 Slim 120GB, unopened and came straight from Sony a few days ago. Comes with the original receipt etc. Pickup is from Melbourne CBD, or post can be arranged at cost to the buyer.

Perfect Xmas present for the kids, get one now :D

Price: $380 pick up / plus post ONO

DracZ
1st December 2009, 10:00 AM
No bites? Price too high? I'm pretty sure its at least cheaper than what you'd pay in-store.

AndyP
1st December 2009, 10:17 AM
Why are you selling it? Not that I'm interested, my chunky PS2 is still the shizzle.

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 10:26 AM
No bites? Price too high? I'm pretty sure its at least cheaper than what you'd pay in-store.

They are on special here at the moment $380 and you get a choice of a game so it might be a touch on the high side???

DracZ
1st December 2009, 10:31 AM
Why are you selling it? Not that I'm interested, my chunky PS2 is still the shizzle.

Already have a PS3, got a new one with my new BRAVIA TV etc

They are on special here at the moment $380 and you get a choice of a game so it might be a touch on the high side???

Ahh fair enough, whereabouts is this deal?

PeteyD
1st December 2009, 11:43 AM
EBGames has it with 2 games for 499. The 380 deal sounds good, where is that?

DracZ
1st December 2009, 03:46 PM
EBGames has it with 2 games for 499. The 380 deal sounds good, where is that?

I haven't seen any deal like that online or in-store...grandmasterb?

Anyways I'll lower it to $400 guys, let me know if your interested :D

parlyboy
1st December 2009, 03:52 PM
Sony is all out of PS3's i hear for the Bravia deal?

I hear you get a Blu Ray player instead...that sux balls. Plus i dont think you get the extended warranty.

DracZ
1st December 2009, 04:27 PM
Sony is all out of PS3's i hear for the Bravia deal?

I hear you get a Blu Ray player instead...that sux balls. Plus i dont think you get the extended warranty.

They were all out since about Thursday last week, not sure about the extended warranty tho.

parlyboy
1st December 2009, 04:55 PM
im hoping they might start the deal up again...

DracZ
1st December 2009, 05:06 PM
im hoping they might start the deal up again...

They probably will, definitely not till next year at least

parlyboy
1st December 2009, 05:37 PM
i might wait then

DracZ
1st December 2009, 06:22 PM
i might wait then

Alrighty then

adlo
1st December 2009, 06:25 PM
Alrighty then

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925341275/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/08/ace_1_.jpg

grandmasterb
1st December 2009, 09:02 PM
Local shop here mate, Harvey Norman & JB are playing each other off at the moment as well with the console only down here.

Collis
1st December 2009, 09:12 PM
that rright gmb? so how much for a the unit only?

DracZ
1st December 2009, 09:27 PM
Great for the locals, but that doesn't suddenly affect the whole market rate just because one store sells it for $380.

20+ PS3's in the past week have sold for an average of $420 on eBay excluding postage, so please forgive me if I ignore all lowballs <$380. :-({|=

Local shop here mate, Harvey Norman & JB are playing each other off at the moment as well with the console only down here.

bebo
2nd December 2009, 12:36 AM
Mt Gravatt JB: $380 with a game of our choice.

House mate and I got one each 2 days ago on Sunday. I choice Assassin's Creed 2, house mate got Band Hero or some stupid game like that.

Fishman Dan
2nd December 2009, 08:40 AM
Dracz - there are retailers all over the place selling them cheaper, with games and/or controllers. JB Hifi $499 + 2 games + HDMI cable.

If you've seen them go for $420 on eBay, sell it on eBay. You can get the 250 Gb version with 2 games for not much more than you're asking.

grandmasterb
2nd December 2009, 09:34 AM
that rright gmb? so how much for a the unit only?

We paid $320 for console only last week mate, i got one as a spare for the other room for when im in the dog house :mrgreen:

Great for the locals, but that doesn't suddenly affect the whole market rate just because one store sells it for $380.

20+ PS3's in the past week have sold for an average of $420 on eBay excluding postage, so please forgive me if I ignore all lowballs <$380. :-({|=

Sorry DracZ i wasn't trying to start anything just stating that it might of been a touch on the high side given what they are going for in shops and that they are about to go on sale Oz wide for xmas.

And for the record it wasn't a "low ball offer" as i stated above i purchased another PS3 already ;)

Given that you got it for nothing with the TV promotion and they are getting great prices on EBay why not just put it on there to begin with rather than moan when someone offers some "friendly advice"???

Johnny Canuck
2nd December 2009, 10:27 AM
$200. That's a lowball offer.

DracZ
2nd December 2009, 11:07 AM
We paid $320 for console only last week mate, i got one as a spare for the other room for when im in the dog house :mrgreen:

Sorry DracZ i wasn't trying to start anything just stating that it might of been a touch on the high side given what they are going for in shops and that they are about to go on sale Oz wide for xmas.

And for the record it wasn't a "low ball offer" as i stated above i purchased another PS3 already ;)

Given that you got it for nothing with the TV promotion and they are getting great prices on EBay why not just put it on there to begin with rather than moan when someone offers some "friendly advice"???

I realise it wasn't an offer mate, I was just saying it general to everyone else who DID offer me a lowball etc, it was in no way directed at yourself.

Like I said before, if that deal was *widely* available, then by all means I'll drop the price to match that, but just because you got a great deal doesn't make the PS3 I'm offering worth any less.

The fact that I got it free is inconsequential, selling price has little to do with the manner it in which its obtained, but rather what the consumer is willing to pay for it.

I'd rather offer it on here first at a slightly better price than what you'd be able to get on ebay just due to sheer ease of transaction, and the fact that I don't have to bother putting up a listing etc, but if $350 is all I'm going to get, then like everyone else who isn't satisfied with the price offered - I'll put it on ebay as a last resort.

If everyone were to just put items straight on ebay, we wouldn't have much of a pro-shop now would we? or is offering dirt-cheap bargains the only acceptable way to conduct a sale on here?

kev
2nd December 2009, 01:09 PM
<snip>

If everyone were to just put items straight on ebay, we wouldn't have much of a pro-shop now would we? or is offering dirt-cheap bargains the only acceptable way to conduct a sale on here?

You're learning ;)

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2009, 09:57 AM
I'd rather offer it on here first at a slightly better price than what you'd be able to get on ebay just due to sheer ease of transaction, and the fact that I don't have to bother putting up a listing etc, but if $350 is all I'm going to get, then like everyone else who isn't satisfied with the price offered - I'll put it on ebay as a last resort.

If it was 'slightly better' we wouldn't be having this discussion. You're off the mark, didn't even bother to do any research, and got caught out.

So are you suggesting we should thank you?

DracZ
3rd December 2009, 12:20 PM
If it was 'slightly better' we wouldn't be having this discussion. You're off the mark, didn't even bother to do any research, and got caught out.

Prove it. Pray tell, how exactly is $400 "off the mark" and evidence that I didn't do any research? As I stated earlier - if there were a deal available nationwide on the PS3 that was better then what I was offering I'd be more then happy to adjust the price. So far no one has come up with any links, scanned brochures or otherwise - just talk of local franchises pitting prices against one other.

If HN / JB was offering a $380 deal at most of their stores, you'd think we'd know about it by now? and perhaps as a result of that people wouldn't be paying $420 on eBay instead. :roll:

So are you suggesting we should thank you?

What I do is no different from other members - offer gear on here so the community gets first dibs on whatever it is the seller has to offer, if the item is unable to sell then head on over to eBay to get rid of it.

I've been quite happy with that process, but what I tire of is tirekickers simply trying their luck by offering $50-60 beneath the price stated, but what I'm rapidly tiring of is someone like yourself who has no business in this discussion, or my thread making claims I'm both ignorant, and a bigot.

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2009, 01:51 PM
....but what I tire of is tirekickers simply trying their luck by offering $50-60 beneath the price stated, but what I'm rapidly tiring of is someone like yourself who has no business in this discussion, or my thread making claims I'm both ignorant, and a bigot.

I own a PS3. I regularly visit games stores. I know what the prices are, and I know what they should be for 2nd hand equipment (call Sony - they will explain your PS3 is effectively 2nd hand once you on-sell it).

Did you check out www.ebgames.com.au or www.jbhifi.com.au after your price was questioned in this thread (by someone other than me)?

Collis
3rd December 2009, 01:59 PM
I rang JB out of interest, best they could do was $449 for a console alone.
Then you get some place give 10% less than another price so thats $404.10
Would that mean if there was a warrenty issue that they would not fix/replace it? - as you were not the person who brought it/recieved it in an offer in the first place.

DracZ
3rd December 2009, 06:33 PM
I own a PS3. I regularly visit games stores. I know what the prices are, and I know what they should be for 2nd hand equipment (call Sony - they will explain your PS3 is effectively 2nd hand once you on-sell it).

I think we can safely ignore both the first and second sentence here, since it adds absolutely nothing to your argument, considering till now you haven't provided the least bit of solid information or evidence regarding a better deal then what I've offered.

Secondly, I wouldn't be the first person to describe a product as "brand new" when it hasn't effectively been used and is still in its original packaging - nor is it an inaccurate description of the item. Who in their right mind would actually offer information pertaining to the fact that they're not the original owner when it comes to warranty purposes?

For all intents and purposes, you are the first and original owner when making any such claim. I've purchased many goods second hand (and I mean actually second hand, used etc) and have never had any issues with a claim made when it comes to replacement i.e. my XBOX360 / Logitech 680's, so long as a legitimate serial number is provided. I'm sure you'll find that this is the case across the board and not an isolated instance.

Did you check out www.ebgames.com.au (http://www.ebgames.com.au) or www.jbhifi.com.au (http://www.jbhifi.com.au) after your price was questioned in this thread (by someone other than me)?

I've referenced price several times in my post, you seem to be quite adept at making unfounded claims despite the fact you haven't put forth any evidence yourself. To answer your question quite bluntly, yes. I have. Which is how I decided to price my PS3 accordingly. Surprise surprise.

Please stop wasting my time, if you wish to troll - do it elsewhere.

Tomo
3rd December 2009, 07:07 PM
$210?

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2009, 07:09 PM
Don't snipe my bid!

$222

Fishman Dan
3rd December 2009, 07:44 PM
Drac - there is no argument. Sell away, just don't get upset when people low-ball you if you're priced above market.

Edit: I understand what you are saying re: new product, but according to Sony, if your name isn't on your Bravia letter, it's 2nd hand goods. I know... that's how I bought mine ;)

DracZ
3rd December 2009, 08:24 PM
Don't snipe my bid!

$222

So close JC, so close :D

Sydney Hacker
3rd December 2009, 08:30 PM
So where do we sit on re-selling at a profit ???

Tomo
3rd December 2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry JC........

Minor_Threat
3rd December 2009, 10:10 PM
I bought my PS3 from a person who got one on the Bravia deal. I had no trouble what so ever in claiming warranty when it died on me 3 months later either.

Sony don't care whos name is attached to the unit as long as it is < 12 months old!

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2009, 11:24 PM
even in the worst case Ontario, you could always get dracz to claim the warranty, but it doesn't sound like it would be a problem at all.

adlo
3rd December 2009, 11:27 PM
even in the worst case scenario,

Disappointed. Beware of the shit hawks.

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2009, 11:36 PM
Happy?

adlo
3rd December 2009, 11:37 PM
8)