PDA

View Full Version : Qld: 2010 NQ Matchplay

Pages : [1] 2

Courty
27th November 2009, 08:33 PM
2010 OZgolf NQ Matchplay

Scoring is 20 points for a win, 10 for a squared match, with a point per margin (eg 2&1 is 3 points, 5&3 8 points).

http://imgur.com/fERjX.jpg

mike
27th November 2009, 10:23 PM
1. Courty
3. Mike

Courty
1st December 2009, 09:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/shakespeares_sister/shakes3/aligpatbfistbump.png

AndyP
1st December 2009, 09:47 PM
Good luck in the 2010 final, you two.

Russell
1st December 2009, 10:26 PM
:lol:my guess for the playoffs
1st vs 2nd elimination final

mike
1st December 2009, 11:10 PM
Lock it down Courty. It's just you and me.

When does the first round have to be played by?

haysey
2nd December 2009, 05:48 AM
1. Courty
3. Mike
5. haysey

Julie
2nd December 2009, 05:57 AM
1. Courty
3. Mike
5. haysey
2. Julie
4. Russell

Ned
2nd December 2009, 07:56 AM
Whats the format going to be ?

2009 had a few changes/additions from start to the yet completed finish that were discussed with some but not others.:-k

solarman
2nd December 2009, 08:16 AM
1. Courty
3. Mike
5. haysey
2. Julie
4. Russell
6. Solarman

mike
2nd December 2009, 02:13 PM
Whats the format going to be ?Does it matter?

2009 had a few changes/additions from start to the yet completed finish that were discussed with some but not others.:-k
Such as?

solarman
2nd December 2009, 02:38 PM
Ned,.....Please read your PM. I have been trying to get hold of you for eternity !!!

Tomson
2nd December 2009, 02:38 PM
I'm only going to play if bob plays and he has to bring the candy along.. don't want the kids to go hungry now.

solarman
2nd December 2009, 02:45 PM
I reckon everyone should put in few bucks at the start as a membership fee, so we can have some sort of prize at the end and maybe a piss up somewhere.
Doesn't have to be much I reckon and plasterers, jail wardens, glass cutters and council reps all get paid heaps I heard.

haysey
2nd December 2009, 02:51 PM
Doesn't have to be much I reckon and plasterers, jail wardens, glass cutters and council reps all get paid heaps I heard.

Bah. No where near as much as some lycra wearing Solargeek

solarman
2nd December 2009, 02:52 PM
Courty
1. We could have 3 for a win, 2 for a square and 1 for a loss. This is so people who always loose (like Haysey) can still get some points up. That way people who turn up at away courses can still benefit somehow.
2. Also, people who come from towns that start with an "M" should have points deducted just because they should (rednecks).
"Here's a story 'bout a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer, born in etc etc".

BrettM
2nd December 2009, 02:54 PM
1. Courty
3. Mike
5. haysey
2. Julie
4. Russell
6. Solarman
7. BrettM

Lucky number 7, will be how many matches I'll win next year.

solarman
2nd December 2009, 02:57 PM
Gidday mate....how are the new clubs. Any scores to share.

haysey
2nd December 2009, 03:12 PM
Lucky number 7, will be how many matches I'll win next year.

You're staying next year now?

BrettM
2nd December 2009, 03:19 PM
Gidday mate....how are the new clubs. Any scores to share.

Had one game and dropped them back to Tomson on Monday to be regripped. Pick them up from him tomorrow. Might walk up and get the latest on solar panels while I'm there.

I can't believe how close your place is to haysey's. Anyone mooned another through the office windows before? :mrgreen:

You're staying next year now?

Yep.

Julie
2nd December 2009, 06:36 PM
Great idea, Russell and I will throw in whatever you guys decide on.

Julie
2nd December 2009, 06:40 PM
Courty

2. Also, people who come from towns that start with an "M" should have points deducted just because they should (rednecks).
"Here's a story 'bout a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer, born in etc etc".

Hahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Better a redneck than a bogan.:D
Where have you been Solarman we have missed you. The place is not the same without you.:D

haysey
2nd December 2009, 06:41 PM
I can't believe how close your place is to haysey's. Anyone mooned another through the office windows before? :mrgreen:

One of my guys (an indigenous chap) mooned Solarman recently. Solarman's response "I've just seen an oreo":lol:

Yep.

Is that good news or bad?

Ned
2nd December 2009, 06:56 PM
1. Courty
3. Mike
5. haysey
2. Julie
4. Russell
6. Solarman
7. BrettM
8. Ned Kelly (SB)

If NKJ has his handicap by the time the 2009 version has finished he may play also!

Courty
2nd December 2009, 09:49 PM
Whats the format going to be?

I'm going to split us all into two (hopefully) even groups. Each group will play a round robin as per the 2009 system, then the top place-getters from each group will play off for the final.

2 reasons for this, everyone gets at least a few games, but there aren't so many games that we don't get through them all (a la this year).

Not sure what you're alluding to here. You wanna be more specific?

1. We could have 3 for a win, 2 for a square and 1 for a loss. This is so people who always loose (like Haysey) can still get some points up. That way people who turn up at away courses can still benefit somehow.

Nope, I'm not going to reward mediocrity. ;)

No one is bound to play their matches at any specific course. Anyone who's smart would probably try to make it happen at a neutral course, but that's up to the competitors themselves to work out.

AndyP
3rd December 2009, 07:37 AM
No semi-finals?

Ned
3rd December 2009, 10:36 AM
If NKJ gets his handicap within the next three weeks, is he able to be included in the draw for 2010 ?

Ned
3rd December 2009, 10:46 AM
Not sure what you're alluding to here. You wanna be more specific?

There was some messages posted that I cant see anymore about changing to a finals etc towards the end of the matches and a few other things, no biggy.

Hence thats the reason why I asked what the format was going to be.

8-)

Courty
3rd December 2009, 03:31 PM
No semi-finals?

I kind of implied that (in my own mind, at least), but I should have specified. 1 vs. 2 in each group, then the 2 winners play off, and the 2 'losers' play off for 3rd & 4th.

If NKJ gets his handicap within the next three weeks, is he able to be included in the draw for 2010 ?

Absolutely. This thread is an EOI only. If he is interested, he needs to express it in this thread. ;)

There was some messages posted that I cant see anymore about changing to a finals etc towards the end of the matches and a few other things, no biggy.

Hence thats the reason why I asked what the format was going to be.

I'm still not quite clear on what you're getting at. If you're referring to the finals format, I was kinda waiting to see how much time we would have (with a view to finishing before the Champs) before I decided on exactly how to play it. Where possible, I'd like as many OZgolfers to play as many matches as possible.

Ned
3rd December 2009, 04:02 PM
Absolutely. This thread is an EOI only. If he is interested, he needs to express it in this thread. ;)

Ok Ill get him to post!:smt023

Is Chopper 71 and Cookie putting in an EOI ?

NKJ
3rd December 2009, 04:12 PM
Hi Courty

Im interested in playing please.

NKJ8-)

Courty
3rd December 2009, 07:12 PM
Is Chopper 71 and Cookie putting in an EOI ?

See the first post. ;)

Courty
3rd December 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Courty

Im interested in playing please.

NKJ8-)

You're in. How soon before you have a handicap?

Russell
3rd December 2009, 09:07 PM
instead of ned kelly junior,why not call yourself joe byrne,afer all he was the young one of the kelly gang ,and was also a bit of a burgler as well:lol::lol:

Ned
3rd December 2009, 11:06 PM
instead of ned kelly junior,why not call yourself joe byrne,afer all he was the young one of the kelly gang ,and was also a bit of a burgler as well:lol::lol:

Takes one to know one!:mrgreen:

solarman
4th December 2009, 09:22 AM
Courty, the 1st in Group 1 should play the 2nd in Group 2 and vice versa with winner play winner.

Courty
4th December 2009, 06:07 PM
Courty, the 1st in Group 1 should play the 2nd in Group 2 and vice versa with winner play winner.

That'll work.

NKJ
4th December 2009, 07:38 PM
You're in. How soon before you have a handicap?

Hi Courty,

Two cards to go, had my first 18 holes today and even had a par.:mrgreen:

solarman
7th December 2009, 08:20 AM
Holy crap.....another burglar

solarman
7th December 2009, 08:21 AM
Courty....how many do you want to limit it too.

Courty
7th December 2009, 08:42 AM
There's no limit, but everyone must be a forum member.

haysey
7th December 2009, 09:13 AM
This over yet:roll:

solarman
7th December 2009, 11:53 AM
should we start when the new handicap system is in ?? or get into it asap.

Courty
7th December 2009, 11:55 AM
should we start when the new handicap system is in ?? or get into it asap.

We'll start asap (preferably after the 2009 is completed, but they can crossover if needs be).

Courty
7th December 2009, 12:31 PM
I'll be asking Haysey to do the honours of drawing the names out of a hat this afternoon for the makeup of the groups.

solarman
7th December 2009, 12:34 PM
I don't want a gay group, but that leaves most of you out (you know who you are).

haysey
7th December 2009, 12:36 PM
I'll be asking Haysey to do the honours of drawing the names out of a hat this afternoon for the makeup of the groups.

Woohoo. Corruption at its finest:D

I don't want a gay group, but that leaves most of you out (you know who you are).

You just go back to playing with your puppy Solargayman:roll:

Courty
7th December 2009, 10:07 PM
1st post updated with table & groups. 8)

razaar
8th December 2009, 05:54 AM
Ned may know the answer to this question:

Will the match play index still be in play in 2010?

Ned
8th December 2009, 06:48 AM
Ned may know the answer to this question:

Will the match play index still be in play in 2010?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vW-f8QS75wg/SjBGTGBivrI/AAAAAAAAALU/7txKKu_ahec/s512/confused.jpghttp://lh5.ggpht.com/_vW-f8QS75wg/Sx1p2M332PI/AAAAAAAAAiM/Wjjb7ndPggE/Schulz%20I%20know%20nothing.jpg

solarman
8th December 2009, 01:42 PM
I have got a trophy done for the winner of "FNQ OZGOLF MATCHPLAY CHAMPION" which is to be passed on each year. Who will be the first shield on it for the year 2009 ???
Is it numbnuts Ned, is it the Count, is it Russell the love muscle, is it Cookie Monster, or does Solarman the underdog have enough shots to win.
Will Solarman or Cookie fall this Saturday......all this and more, stay tuned.

solarman
8th December 2009, 01:48 PM
Haysey says his group is full of gays and he wants to change over to the studs group. What we really need is a hornbag in our group as they have one in theirs.
I suppose at least if we get Haysey, then he will put out for the boys.

haysey
8th December 2009, 02:08 PM
:roll:

Have you forgotten to take your meds again?

mike
9th December 2009, 07:04 PM
1st post updated with table & groups. 8)

Looks good courty.

mike
9th December 2009, 08:10 PM
Looks good courty.

On second thoughts, could you make it slightly narrower please. It doesn't quite fit on my screen and it's too much hassle to scroll across.

Last year's spread sheet was the same, I put up with it for a year but not this time.

Here's the smilie.
;)

sms316
9th December 2009, 08:12 PM
Mike - are you ok with the fact that one of the entrants has the keys to the handicapping cupboard?

mike
9th December 2009, 08:16 PM
stfu

Courty
9th December 2009, 08:29 PM
Anyone bold enough to make some predictions about how this will finish?

I'm tipping the final 4 will be BrettM & Ned Kelly, Chopper71 & myself. 8)

Julie
9th December 2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks Solarman8)

Ned
9th December 2009, 09:12 PM
:smt017 Caddies allowed ? :-k

henno
9th December 2009, 09:32 PM

AndyP will somehow win this as well.

Ned
9th December 2009, 10:26 PM

I'm tipping the final 4 will be BrettM & Ned Kelly, Chopper71 & myself. 8)

Haysey, Solarman, Cookie, Julie:mrgreen:

solarman
10th December 2009, 08:09 AM
I pick myself, mainly because everyone else will at some stage break a part of their body due to unforeseen circumstances.
On top of that its my trophy and if I don't win it I will take it back.
My crystal ball says......Ned, Cookie, Chopper71 and an outsider possibly Mike.
Let's face it.....they're all gay anyway.

mike
10th December 2009, 06:17 PM
Bob you're getting weirder and weirder.

Courty
10th December 2009, 07:01 PM

Bwahahahahahahaha! :mrgreen:

Ned
10th December 2009, 07:37 PM

Well didn't he post some where that he reckons his handicap will be 28 on the new USGA system ?????????;)

That puts him into Solarman's league then doesn't it ?:-k

BrettM
10th December 2009, 07:38 PM
Solarman, I'm with you.

Group 2 looks like more of a 'players' group: the group to drink a little more around the course, the group who would throw a few more clubs around the place, the group who set a few more style guidelines, the group who will have more fun.

Look forward to it.

haysey
10th December 2009, 07:41 PM

Fixed those shanks yet?:wink:

Well didn't he post some where that he reckons his handicap will be 28 on the new USGA system ?????????;)

That puts him into Solarman's league then doesn't it ?:-k

That 28 was a reference to what Solarmans handicap will be. Mine will be less than Courty's:wink:

Courty
10th December 2009, 07:54 PM
Fixed those shanks yet?:wink:

Yep. 8)

That 28 was a reference to what Solarmans handicap will be. Mine will be less than Courty's:wink:

I know, and it's burning you up inside, isn't it? :twisted:

haysey
10th December 2009, 07:57 PM
I know, and it's burning you up inside, isn't it? :twisted:

Yes, yes it is. I plan to play like crap for the next 2 months:cry:

Ned
10th December 2009, 08:10 PM
Yes, yes it is. I plan to play like crap for the next 2 months:cry:

You reckon you already are arent you ????????????:shock:

haysey
10th December 2009, 08:13 PM
You reckon you already are arent you ????????????:shock:

Courty and that 21 handicapper are dragging me down:oops:

Tomson
11th December 2009, 09:43 AM
hey don't bring me down to your level of shennanigoats...

solarman
11th December 2009, 11:00 AM
Say this fast:
"I slit the sheet - the sheet I slit - and on the slitted sheet I sit"

Ned
11th December 2009, 07:57 PM
Solarman, we playing one match play tomorrow or you want to include the 2010 game as well ?:-k

haysey
12th December 2009, 08:18 PM
OK. So I'm a little bored tonight. My attempt at a form guide for 2010.

Chopper71: Awesome player to watch when on song. Figured deep into his home club championship matchplay rounds. Often goes under par. Will be there at the end.
Ned Kelly Jnr: Unknown quantity. Has the pedigree to spring the odd surprise.
Courty: Semi finalist 2009. (at least) Handicap has blown out recently. Needs to ho a game from somewhere as his seems to have disappeared of late. Will enjoy getting a shot or two off haysey.
Julie: Consistency the key. Can never go to far wrong from the centre of the fairway. Guaranteed to hop into it.
Mike: North Queenslands golfing elf. Experienced matchplayer. Has contributed greatly to Mareebas pennants team over the last couple of years. Can do better than 2009 results show.
Haysey: Sucked in 2009. Has problems between the ears. Must do better early in 2010 to have any sort of credibility.

haysey
12th December 2009, 08:20 PM
And the choppers group

Ned Kelly: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) Happy to have avoided Ned Kelly Jnr. Superb matchplayer, having lost only once in 2009. May be hampered by reduced amount of golf in 2010. Will be there at the end.
Russell: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) Needs new clubs to compete in 2010. Has suffered a drop in form late in 09. Still a tough competitor with the right handicap.
Cookie: Ozgolfs Carson Kressley. Great swing, burglars handicap. Had a baby in 2009 and still to get his balls back from his wife's purse. Won't play golf enough to figure.
Solarman: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) How the **** this happened is beyond me. Massive handicap helps immensely. Has to be a contender in this group. Opponents must play him at Paradise Palms.
BrettM: Will put opponents to sleep talking about the agronomy of the golf course. Each way bet if it doesn't take him another 5 years to bed those shiny new clubs in.
Tomson: Flusher who hits it miles. Struggles around the greens. Each way bet whether he'll finish each round with 14 clubs. Needs to lose the headcovers.

mike
12th December 2009, 08:25 PM
Say this fast:
"I slit the sheet - the sheet I slit - and on the slitted sheet I sit"
Try this one;
"One smart fellow, he felt smart. Two smart fellows, they felt smart. Three smart fellows, they felt smart. They all felt smart together"

mike
12th December 2009, 08:33 PM
Mike: North Queenslands golfing elf. Experienced matchplayer. Has contributed greatly to Mareebas pennants team over the last couple of years. :-s
3 games in the last 2 years. My contribution consists of not actually playing.
However the year before that was the gun. Went through undefeated and sunk the winning 6 ft putt that won us the flag. When you've got a few hours to spare I'm happy to tell you all about it.

Nice rundown btw.

Courty
12th December 2009, 10:43 PM

Haysey: Sucked in 2009. Has problems between the ears.
Must do better early in 2010 to have any sort of credibility.

I think it's too late for that. :p

Ned
13th December 2009, 09:27 AM

You took your meds in the right order for once!!!!:smt045

:wink:

Chopper71: Awesome player to watch when on song. Figured deep into his home club championship matchplay rounds. Often goes under par. Will be there at the end.

Never seen him play but is spoken of in whispers by his Cairns peers!!!!:smt108

Ned Kelly Jnr: Unknown quantity. Has the pedigree to spring the odd surprise.

From his first Junior coaching with Carl Mattsson, was described as unlimited potential (which is the same for most kids), Is practising every day so only time will tell.

It will be interesting being the Caddy/Minder!!!!!:-k

Courty: Semi finalist 2009. (at least) Handicap has blown out recently. Needs to ho a game from somewhere as his seems to have disappeared of late. Will enjoy getting a shot or two off haysey.

Well he may have copped a bagging about the extra mid drift but IMO Courty''s swing is :roll: actually not as slow as it used to be and his ball striking for distance and power was much better yesterday when we played, danger man when he gets rid of that bale out/push right.:smt087

Julie: Consistency the key. Can never go to far wrong from the centre of the fairway. Guaranteed to hop into it.

Miss J, only one thing she needs consistently and when she gets it we boys be in lots of trouble............CONFIDENCE!

Haysey: Sucked in 2009. Has problems between the ears. Must do better early in 2010 to have any sort of credibility.

Yes big time and what Courty said.................although was playing with much more confidence yesterday, but that may have been because he was nailing Cookieman!!!!

Ned
13th December 2009, 09:51 AM
And the Movers and Groovers group.:D

Ned Kelly: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) Happy to have avoided Ned Kelly Jnr. Superb matchplayer, having lost only once in 2009. May be hampered by reduced amount of golf in 2010. Will be there at the end.

:-k A couple of sporting projects in play for the kids will be taking up some of my time...................... with the split format, making the top four with the quality in this group is going to be the MAJOR problem, but I expect that the winner will most probably come from the Movers and Groovers just looking at the Class (or in Solarman's case..............ARSE)

Russell: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) Needs new clubs to compete in 2010. Has suffered a drop in form late in 09. Still a tough competitor with the right handicap.

Ive always said to him imagine the heights he could climb if he had a FULL Set of decent crubs, not just two!!!

Cookie: Ozgolfs Carson Kressley. Great swing, burglars handicap. Had a baby in 2009 and still to get his balls back from his wife's purse. Won't play golf enough to figure.

Yes well when he does get the family jewels back and actually plays more then once in 6 months the Cookieman will be hard to beat.

Solarman: Semi finalist 2009 (at least) How the **** this happened is beyond me. Massive handicap helps immensely. Has to be a contender in this group. Opponents must play him at Paradise Palms.

The debonair, eccentric Latex Suited Wonderman, go help us if he either gets a golf swing or a new back!

BrettM: Will put opponents to sleep talking about the agronomy of the golf course. Each way bet if it doesn't take him another 5 years to bed those shiny new clubs in.

The consummate professional, knows how to put a golf course together, keep it that way as well as blaze around it with the game to match.

Those new sticks certainly are sweet looking and I don't think he bought them just because they looked good either.

Tomson: Flusher who hits it miles. Struggles around the greens. Each way bet whether he'll finish each round with 14 clubs. Needs to lose the head covers.

Meh, the head covers are loosing themselves going by what you were saying, Courty reckons he just needs to learn to play the deft side of the game and he is a winner.

adlo
18th December 2009, 02:33 AM
1. Courty
3. Mike

Good luck in the 2010 final, you two.

Lock it down Courty. It's just you and me.

When does the first round have to be played by?

:smt038:smt038

I should have read this thread earlier. Mike, please ensure you attend the Sandgroper Champs.

:lol::lol::lol:

Courty
27th December 2009, 08:34 PM
As discussed today, the first of these matches will be contested at Cairns GC on Wednesday. :D

haysey
27th December 2009, 08:50 PM
Who's playing?

Courty
27th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Russell & Tomson. I think Russell was also making noises about playing another match at Mossman next weekend, too.

Iain
27th December 2009, 09:38 PM
Shouldn't you finish 2009 first?

Courty
27th December 2009, 09:41 PM

Why? There's only 2 left in the 2009 edition. I don't see it as any reason to hold back the rest from starting.

Ned
27th December 2009, 09:42 PM

Would some one actually smack him with a golf ball for real on Wednesday!!!!:twisted:

Iain
27th December 2009, 09:45 PM
:lol:

Courty
30th December 2009, 03:43 PM
And they're off!

1st post updated.

haysey
30th December 2009, 03:45 PM
And what a match it was. Kudos to the pair of them:smt038

Courty
3rd January 2010, 02:27 PM
1st post updated.

Solarman has too many frikkin shots. Case in point, his last hole of the day, the 18th at Mareeba. He approaches the green from the wrong fairway, overshoots it, flubs a couple of chips and walks off with a 7/2.:roll:

solarman
3rd January 2010, 07:33 PM
1st post updated.

Solarman has too many frikkin shots. Case in point, his last hole of the day, the 18th at Mareeba. He approaches the green from the wrong fairway, overshoots it, flubs a couple of chips and walks off with a 7/2.:roll:
I got nothin'

BrettM
3rd January 2010, 08:17 PM
And Solarman takes the lead....

We might as well highlight this for prosperity :mrgreen:

mike
3rd January 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm equal leader in my group.

solarman
7th January 2010, 03:51 PM
And Solarman takes the lead....

We might as well highlight this for prosperity :mrgreen:

Brett, If you make it down on Saturday, do you want to get our match over with?

Ned
7th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Brett,

If the Minsiter for War, Finance and Golfing Permissions agrees, (and you can play) do you want to play at Sea Temple tomorrow ?

BrettM
7th January 2010, 04:42 PM
Brett, If you make it down on Saturday, do you want to get our match over with?

Might be a bad idea for me given you are in a bit of form, but sounds good. I will definately be there Saturday - still 8.01am?

Brett,

If the Minsiter for War, Finance and Golfing Permissions agrees, (and you can play) do you want to play at Sea Temple tomorrow ?

Sorry mate, far too busy during the summer keeping the place under control to take even a few hours off to play during the week.

haysey
7th January 2010, 05:23 PM
Might be a bad idea for me given you are in a bit of form, but sounds good. I will definately be there Saturday - still 8.01am?

Yep. Still 8.01. And are you insane?

Ned
7th January 2010, 05:27 PM

Well he will fit in with Solarman if he is then hey ?

haysey
7th January 2010, 05:37 PM
Well he will fit in with Solarman if he is then hey ?

Actually not that insane. The Bobsticle is rubbish around his home track. Just dont play him in Mareeba

haysey
7th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Chopper, wanna tee it up next saturday morning? Someone's gotta get our side of the draw going:roll:

Chopper71
7th January 2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Chopper, wanna tee it up next saturday morning? Someone's gotta get our side of the draw going:roll:
Sorry mate but will be @ Begarra Waters for 10 days. Would be a good match as both our form at the moment is........how would you say it.....yep that's it, CRAP! Sorry forgot about the 3 birdies in a row at Royal G.

haysey
7th January 2010, 06:26 PM
Sorry mate but will be @ Begarra Waters for 10 days. Would be a good match as both our form at the moment is........how would you say it.....yep that's it, CRAP! Sorry forgot about the 3 birdies in a row at Royal G.

Bugger. Fair enough mate. I got nothing anyway:roll:

Courty
7th January 2010, 08:46 PM

Sorry mate but will be @ Begarra Waters for 10 days.

Bugger. Fair enough mate. I got nothing anyway:roll:

I'll play you. 8)

haysey
7th January 2010, 09:04 PM
I'll play you. 8)

Maybe. Depends what the handicapper brings me this saturday:D

Courty
7th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Maybe. Depends what the handicapper brings me this saturday:D

Tomson said you'd be child free next weekend... wanna play arvo with him, me & JD next Saturday?

haysey
7th January 2010, 09:16 PM
One child down. I'll still have the other one unfortunately

Courty
7th January 2010, 09:21 PM
One child down. I'll still have the other one unfortunately

Is that a 'no'?

haysey
7th January 2010, 09:28 PM
Is that a 'no'?

Its a maybe. I'll put it to the trouble and strife in the morning and let you know

Courty
7th January 2010, 09:31 PM
Its a maybe. I'll put it to the trouble and strife in the morning and let you know

OK. I'll book you in anyway and we can work it out later in the week.

haysey
7th January 2010, 09:37 PM
OK. I'll book you in anyway and we can work it out later in the week.

Rightio Joe

BrettM
8th January 2010, 08:17 AM

Haha, just throwing a bit of respect for our current leader :mrgreen:

solarman
8th January 2010, 08:26 AM
Haha, just throwing a bit of respect for our current leader :mrgreen:

I still got nuthin'

haysey
9th January 2010, 01:46 PM
Tomson beat BrettM 6 and 5 today.

Chopper71
9th January 2010, 03:05 PM
Tomson beat BrettM 6 and 5 today.
Tommo....always dangerous

Tomson
9th January 2010, 03:36 PM
Tommo....always dangerous

I was lucky to get shots for once...

went to sleep on the back nine though.. I need some putting lessons from bob.

mike
9th January 2010, 04:59 PM
Tom you've almost finished all your matches and my lot haven't even started yet.

haysey
9th January 2010, 05:10 PM
Meh. They're just getting rubbish over with first before the main event starts:mrgreen:

mike
9th January 2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah true. I couldn't give a shit about the other side of the draw.

haysey
9th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Its a bit like the reserves hacking it about before the premiers tee off8)

Courty
9th January 2010, 05:57 PM
1st post updated.

Good win Tom. What did you score?

Commiserations Brett. I told you that stock shaft was rubbish. ;)

BrettM
13th January 2010, 06:05 PM
Commiserations Brett. I told you that stock shaft was rubbish. ;)

The more I swing that shaft, the more it feels like a piece of cooked spaghetti. Luckily its days are numbered and will be replaced next week.

Hopefully I can improve next match.

Courty
13th January 2010, 09:10 PM
The more I swing that shaft, the more it feels like a piece of cooked spaghetti. Luckily its days are numbered and will be replaced next week.

Good man.

What's replacing this? ;)

Ned
13th January 2010, 11:03 PM
Russell,

You up for a game next Tuesday at Mossman ? (If Im not working or its not raining)

Russell
14th January 2010, 12:24 AM
Russell,

You up for a game next Tuesday at Mossman ? (If Im not working or its not raining)
ill let you know by sunday;
just finished fishing for last couple of weeks,and switching back to plastering,so not sure of my joblist at the moment

BrettM
14th January 2010, 07:43 AM
Good man.

What's replacing this? ;)

Tom had a Fubuki lying around so in it goes :mrgreen:

haysey
14th January 2010, 08:29 AM
Tom had a Fubuki lying around so in it goes :mrgreen:

What happened to mine?

solarman
14th January 2010, 09:12 AM
ill let you know by sunday;
just finished fishing for last couple of weeks,and switching back to plastering,so not sure of my joblist at the moment

good on ya Russ..priorities right....golf - fishing - work in that order

Ned
14th January 2010, 09:14 AM
good on ya Russ..priorities right....golf - fishing - work in that order

Russ is also a professional fisherman Bobsicle!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:

Courty
14th January 2010, 09:20 PM
Click (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=426389#post426389). 8)

BrettM
15th January 2010, 07:52 AM
What happened to mine?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Fubuki-63X-Shaft_W0QQitemZ320474154654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_S port_Golf_Equipment?hash=item4a9dbf869e#ht_560wt_1 165

:D

Hope I get a good price too

haysey
15th January 2010, 09:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Fubuki-63X-Shaft_W0QQitemZ320474154654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_S port_Golf_Equipment?hash=item4a9dbf869e#ht_560wt_1 165

:D

Hope I get a good price too

:smt013 Hey...

8)

Courty
16th January 2010, 04:54 PM
Haysey smashed me 5/3. I was lucky it wasn't more after being dormie with 6 to play.

Well played, sir!

haysey
16th January 2010, 05:09 PM
If nobody plays anymore matches that means I win our group right:D

Ned
16th January 2010, 05:40 PM
Congrats Haysey!!!!!!:smt038

I do recall commenting that you would be a threat this year.

Comiserations Courty, 12 months of boasting glory for Haysey, what a true mate you are!!!!!!!:roll:

Eag's
16th January 2010, 06:45 PM
Well done Haysey, bad luck Courty.

Courty
16th January 2010, 07:47 PM
If nobody plays anymore matches that means I win our group right:D

Yep. Good luck with that. :roll:

1st post updated.

mike
16th January 2010, 10:29 PM
Holy shit I'm not playing Haysey while he's smack in the middle of a purple patch. Very impressive. Well done.

BrettM
17th January 2010, 08:13 AM
Bad luck Courty. Looks like Haysey turned it around during the week.

Courty
17th January 2010, 09:34 AM
Bad luck Courty. Looks like Haysey turned it around during the week.

It seems I've been playing a few people into form. In my last 2 matches my opponents have had 41 pts. :roll:

haysey
17th January 2010, 10:03 AM
It seems I've been playing a few people into form. In my last 2 matches my opponents have had 41 pts. :roll:

It was actually something you'd said about your own swing on thursday? that reminded me of some thing I wasn't doing properly. Especially with driver.

Courty
17th January 2010, 10:05 AM
It was actually something you'd said about your own swing on thursday? that reminded me of some thing I wasn't doing properly. Especially with driver.

You're welcome. ;)

haysey
17th January 2010, 10:07 AM
You're welcome. ;)

Send me the bill.

How's the ankle I ran over:lol:

Courty
17th January 2010, 10:11 AM
Send me the bill.

I'll itemise the motivational stuff separately from the swing instruction. :p

How's the ankle I ran over:lol:

It's full of scar tissue anyway, so no harm done. ;)

solarman
18th January 2010, 12:09 PM
Russell,

Danny, if Russell can't play....come down to Cairns and I will play you here.

solarman
18th January 2010, 12:10 PM
I'll itemise the motivational stuff separately from the swing instruction. :p

It's full of scar tissue anyway, so no harm done. ;)

The scar tissue isn't on your ankle, its on your long appendage that gets overworked by your left hand....I keep telling you to use liquid soap.

Ned
18th January 2010, 01:23 PM
Danny, if Russell can't play....come down to Cairns and I will play you here.

Amother smashing from you in such a short time......................I havent recovered from the last one yet!!!!!:smt087

solarman
18th January 2010, 02:13 PM
Amother smashing from you in such a short time......................I havent recovered from the last one yet!!!!!:smt087

text me if you wish to play...i await with baited breath

Ned
18th January 2010, 02:21 PM
...i await with baited breath

http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/4/8/7/4/5/ar125018580154784.jpg

solarman
18th January 2010, 03:00 PM
5055Danny...this isn't you getting ready for a game with your mates is it?

solarman
18th January 2010, 06:09 PM
Dan....leave a semi-automatic lying around on the job site, did we?

Ned
18th January 2010, 07:08 PM
text me if you wish to play...i await with baited breath

Text me with what the weather is like around 10.30 am..............the forecast isnt looking too flash for anywhere tomorrow.:(

haysey
18th January 2010, 07:14 PM
Greens were cored at Cairns today. (Why, I have no flipping idea)

Ned
18th January 2010, 07:27 PM
So if its not p*****g down tomorrow then where are you able to hack around Robert ?

haysey
19th January 2010, 06:44 AM
Bob/Ned, let me know if you decide to play somewhere today. I may be able to attend...

Julie
19th January 2010, 08:16 AM
Russell is sitting at home at the moment because an unreliable glazier never turned up to do his job.:D:D

He is deciding if he is going to play as well, it is looking pretty overcast here at he moment.

Ned
19th January 2010, 09:20 AM
http://www.bom.gov.au/radar/IDR192.gif?20100118231211

haysey
19th January 2010, 11:26 AM
Russell is sitting at home at the moment because an unreliable glazier never turned up to do his job.:D:D

:mrgreen: That Hayes glass Mossman glass bloke is a joke.

Ned
19th January 2010, 11:30 AM
Well looks like the only reasonabley dry place is Mareeba (Birth Place of Bobsicle).

haysey
19th January 2010, 12:09 PM
No rain here...

yet:cry:

solarman
19th January 2010, 12:24 PM
probably not a good idea under the circumstances

Ned
19th January 2010, 12:41 PM
Well Biobsicle was going to ring me..............but Cairns greens have been cored.

We could go for a game at Babinda tomorrow ?????????

haysey
19th January 2010, 12:58 PM
Thursday arvo at Royal G?

mike
19th January 2010, 01:03 PM
Play it at Yorkeys.

Ned
19th January 2010, 01:09 PM
Thursday arvo at Royal G?

Working Thursday night!:(

BrettM
19th January 2010, 02:09 PM
Greens were cored at Cairns today. (Why, I have no flipping idea)

Gutsy call at this time of the year, considering the rain we are expecting over the next few days.

haysey
19th January 2010, 02:15 PM
Gutsy call at this time of the year, considering the rain we are expecting over the next few days.

Tommo and I had that discussion as we were wandering around yesterday. Turns out they cored the front nine and scarified the back. Why, I still have no idea:smt102

Tomson
19th January 2010, 02:20 PM

Thats what I thought brett, why would they do it this late in the wet season??

I'm no greenskeeper but even I know that when it rains it washes the sand away. Oh well they must know something that I don't.

Ned
19th January 2010, 02:23 PM
Not a bad way to allow disease to get right into your greens as well!!!!!

BrettM
19th January 2010, 03:03 PM
WOW, scarified the back as well.

Problem with the disease you have (like the 1st green) is that it is spread by renovations.

Big call. I wouldn't be surprised if they take until at least April to fully recover as they'll probably be hammered by disease first.

Ned
19th January 2010, 03:19 PM
Wednesday's forecast isnt looking real good either.

Courty
19th January 2010, 03:25 PM

An email was received from the consultant (Burrup) to say that they need to core again. Of course, this ill-advised email was sent from the comfort of his office in Brisbane.

Courty
6th February 2010, 04:04 PM
A good opportunity to get some more matches played: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17547

haysey
19th February 2010, 09:47 AM
These scores updated yet8)

solarman
19th February 2010, 11:05 AM
Couple of pictures of Courty playing golf this week....hhmmm

Courty
19th February 2010, 08:44 PM
These scores updated yet8)

Nope. :mrgreen:

haysey
19th February 2010, 09:21 PM
Nope. :mrgreen:

Liar. Go me:D

Ned
19th February 2010, 09:25 PM
Based on early season form, Haysey would be one in the semi's in his group and Id have to say that it will be Tomson and Solarman in the second group.

mike
19th February 2010, 09:47 PM
Bit early to be making calls like that.

These scores updated yet8)You're way in front. Stop being greedy.

Is cookie playing somebody tomorrow? Would be a good idea.

haysey
19th February 2010, 09:55 PM
You're way in front. Stop being greedy.

I fully expect to be propping up the table in 2 months time. Just enjoying the lead while I can:cry:

Is cookie playing somebody tomorrow?

Tommo

mike
19th February 2010, 09:57 PM
Tell Cookie I said hi.

Lui is fixing the louvres on Monday.

mike
19th February 2010, 09:58 PM
BTW those cuts cookie made were very straight. You should pay him more.

haysey
19th February 2010, 10:01 PM
Tell Cookie I said hi.

Lui is fixing the louvres on Monday.

Will do. And excellent

BTW those cuts cookie made were very straight. You should pay him more.

Good. And no chance:razz:

Ned
19th February 2010, 10:26 PM
I fully expect to be propping up the table in 2 months time. Just enjoying the lead while I can:cry:

You have 9 more points already then your entire result from 2009.

I dont think you will be coming last this year and if even moderate success is to be had from this point on in your group, you will be an excellent chance of being one of the finalists!!!!

Now if I can get NKJ to stop being money hungry and play, (and fit in some practice) it will be good fun caddying for him.:mrgreen:

BrettM
20th February 2010, 06:49 AM
Based on early season form, Haysey would be one in the semi's in his group and Id have to say that it will be Tomson and Solarman in the second group.

Doubt it. I'm planning a late season charge with my new B grade handicap :mrgreen:

haysey
20th February 2010, 01:20 PM
You have 9 more points already then your entire result from 2009.
I dont think you will be coming last this year and if even moderate success is to be had from this point on in your group, you will be an excellent chance of being one of the finalists!!!!

Courty has put a lot of work into my mental game. I think he may be regretting it:wink:

Doubt it. I'm planning a late season charge with my new B grade handicap :mrgreen:

Do you play golf at anything less than a world top 100 course?:D

Courty
20th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats on the win Cookie. Mucho unexpectedo.

mike
27th February 2010, 01:41 PM
This updated yet?

Chopper71
27th February 2010, 02:30 PM
Well played Haysey...too good for me today.

haysey
27th February 2010, 02:52 PM
Well played Haysey...too good for me today.

Cheers Chopper. I was just lucky to get you on a bad day.

haysey
27th February 2010, 03:40 PM
PS. Solarman is a pillow-biter! :mrgreen:

Bahahahaha:lol:

And, go me8)

Ned
27th February 2010, 06:07 PM
Based on early season form, Haysey would be one in the semi's in his group.

:-"

haysey
1st March 2010, 10:12 AM
Apparently Solarman has lost a shot for his efforts in Mareeba (nice one Ned, he's gutted:D)

Like his love life, the Bobsticle only gets one handicap reduction a year. If you haven't played him yet, hit him up now, he's screwed till 2011...

:mrgreen:

solarman
5th March 2010, 10:12 AM
What's happened to Jed and Granny up at Mossman, they been pretty quiet.
Probably brewing their own alcohol up there out of turnips etc and doing runs to Cairns like the Dukes of hazard. Hillbilly rednecks.
Managed to get some photos from Mossman's last council meeting.

solarman
5th March 2010, 10:14 AM
Russell overseeing Mossman's course upgrades.

BrettM
5th March 2010, 07:36 PM
I think that your playing partners must play a role in how you score.

Bob scored well because he had two partners from Group 2 who complimented him on good shots, and encouraged him when things got difficult.

Group 2 are like this, unlike the 'hand-picked' Group 1 try hards.

Cheers.

haysey
5th March 2010, 08:29 PM
I think that your playing partners must play a role in how you score.

Bob scored well because he had two partners from Group 2 who complimented him on good shots, and encouraged him when things got difficult.

Group 2 are like this, unlike the 'hand-picked' Group 1 try hards.

Cheers.

Bob scored well because he gets three million shots......and the law of averages says sooner or later even a fat kid will get laid

Edit: Smileys no workey :-(:mrgreen:

Julie
2nd April 2010, 09:21 AM
Hey Ned Kelly Junior,
Have you played any comps and dropped your handicap yet!:D:D
Are you still off 36, it just don't seem right a Bradley getting 2 shots a hole!!!!!:smt022

Ned
3rd April 2010, 01:06 PM
Solarman v Ned Kelly - Match Squared

Ned
5th April 2010, 07:19 AM
Russell versus Ned Kelly - Ned wins 4/3

Courty
7th April 2010, 09:02 AM
Ladder updated in first post.

solarman
7th April 2010, 10:15 AM
Isn't Courty doing a great job as the co-ordinator of our group.
His expertise is greatly appreciated and now he is moderator, some degree of fairness and non rude behavior will take place.
It is about time someone cleaned out this group with all its lude comments.

PS I'm only saying this so I don't get expelled by the gheylord.

Ned
7th April 2010, 01:01 PM
Isn't Courty doing a great job as the co-ordinator of our group.
His expertise is greatly appreciated and now he is moderator, some degree of fairness and non rude behavior will take place.
It is about time someone cleaned out this group with all its lude comments.

PS I'm only saying this so I don't get expelled by the gheylord.

Where's the "Poll" you are going to start ?:-k

(Not the one you said you use for your gheylord dancing either):roll:

haysey
7th April 2010, 01:17 PM
lude

And what's a lude anyway?

Courty
7th April 2010, 01:22 PM
And what's a lude anyway?

I'm guessing it's a freudian slip that was either meant to be 'lewd' or 'lube'. ;)

haysey
7th April 2010, 01:26 PM
Note: Solarmans dog has just been neutered.

Solarman to Mrs Solarman: "I want to get the dog prosthetic testicles so the other dogs don't laugh at him"

Mrs Solarman: "Why don't we get yours cut out and use them. It's not like you need them anymore"

:twisted:

Courty
7th April 2010, 01:30 PM
:lol:

Tomson
7th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Champagne comedy

Courty
7th April 2010, 01:32 PM
I'm guessing that means another drought is underway. :lol:

haysey
7th April 2010, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing that means another drought is underway. :lol:

The date I'd heard on the weekend was the 23rd of December. :mrgreen:

Tomson
7th April 2010, 02:03 PM
worst christmas present ever :)

haysey
7th April 2010, 02:20 PM
For Mrs Solarman. Yes:lol:

solarman
8th April 2010, 08:13 AM
The eagle has landed !!!

haysey
8th April 2010, 10:20 AM
The eagle has landed !!!

Sigh, ok, I'll bite. WTF is that about:smt102

Tomson
8th April 2010, 10:22 AM
Bob is a lunar module that has just landed on the moon.

Julie
8th April 2010, 10:34 AM
I was thinking that was a code word for ...."he got lucky"!:wink:....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

haysey
8th April 2010, 07:03 PM
For anyone considering playing at Cairns. Here's a really good reason not too

Ned
8th April 2010, 07:06 PM
Why ?

Cause Tomson is in the foto's ?:mrgreen:

haysey
8th April 2010, 07:09 PM
Why ?

Cause Tomson is in the foto's ?:mrgreen:

Well of course:razz:

We have bigger problems than the greens. Just the greens are the obvious ones:cry:

Tomson
8th April 2010, 07:11 PM
ha ha ha

Courty
8th April 2010, 07:12 PM

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7815/newspapergenerator.jpg

;)

Tomson
8th April 2010, 07:15 PM
Are you still cranky that I hit my 3 wood 30m past your driver on the third today?

Courty
8th April 2010, 07:28 PM
Are you still cranky that I hit my 3 wood 30m past your driver on the third today?

You did? I was too busy in the trees to notice. ;)

BrettM
8th April 2010, 07:47 PM

I know quality when I see it.

Any of you guys going for the GM role??

Dcanto
8th April 2010, 07:57 PM

Is there anyone that would be willing to take on that role? The common perception is the role is a poisoned chalice...

Tomson
8th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Its crap that a club can be run like that. Its a disgrace.

Ned
8th April 2010, 08:05 PM

Dont want to take on the Green Keepers job at Mareeba do you ?

haysey
8th April 2010, 08:16 PM

Fancy throwing away your phd and getting into golf course management:D

Is there anyone that would be willing to take on that role? The common perception is the role is a poisoned chalice...

I wouldn't touch it. I've encouraged Solarman to apply

BrettM
9th April 2010, 04:10 AM
You have got to be joking if you think I'd run for that.

haysey
9th April 2010, 04:39 AM
You have got to be joking if you think I'd run for that.

:mrgreen:

Julie
9th April 2010, 05:07 AM
Lets say that Solarman did take the job - what changes do you think he would make, what would be the new rules he would enforce.:D

Courty
9th April 2010, 05:16 AM
Lets say that Solarman did take the job - what changes do you think he would make, what would be the new rules he would enforce.:D

Free Human Nature CDs for all members when they pay their subs. :lol:

Julie
9th April 2010, 05:23 AM
+1 for Courty!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

haysey
9th April 2010, 06:31 AM
A life ban for people caught wearing compression shirts, sweat bands or anything fluorescent :mrgreen:

mike
9th April 2010, 06:53 AM
Any of you guys going for the GM role??Has Ian Cooke pulled the pin?

Dont want to take on the Green Keepers job at Mareeba do you ?I don't like the sound of that. What's this all about?

haysey
9th April 2010, 07:24 AM
Has Ian Cooke pulled the pin?

That's the official version.

Julie
9th April 2010, 09:01 AM
A life ban for people caught wearing compression shirts, sweat bands or anything fluorescent :mrgreen:
Haha:lol::lol:...poor Iain would never get to play golf at Cairns again, Solarman would be a marshall out on the course watching every move he makes!!!:D

mike
9th April 2010, 12:15 PM
Damn. I just spoke to the man himself.
Mareeba losing it's greenkeeper is an absolute tragedy. Good luck to him, he's moving on to bigger and better things.

BrettM
9th April 2010, 02:46 PM

He'd have to ensure that there is a keg on tap for his mates, like me. Right Bob?

Damn. I just spoke to the man himself.
Mareeba losing it's greenkeeper is an absolute tragedy. Good luck to him, he's moving on to bigger and better things.

Where is he off to Mike? Let me know what direction the Club are thinking of taking.

mike
10th April 2010, 01:07 AM
Where is he off to Mike?Not greenkeeping. Justin is the heart and soul of our club. As you all know it's very rare, if ever, that you see Mareeba in poor condition. I worked closely with him in '06 and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a better work ethic.

Let me know what direction the Club are thinking of taking.I wouldn't have a clue. Ned is closer to the action than I am.

Courty
10th April 2010, 04:52 AM
That's a real shame, Mike. I hope you get a suitable replacement.

In other news, I'm playing Cairns with Chopper this morning. Our match may be played today.

If so, is NKJ available for a match against either me or Chopper tomorrow?

Ned
10th April 2010, 05:10 AM
In other news, I'm playing Cairns with Chopper this morning. Our match may be played today.

If so, is NKJ available for a match against either me or Chopper tomorrow?

Haysey or Chopper had put their hands up first I thought.

You wont get a reply until tonight, I'm off to work and NKJ is snoring his head off!

haysey
10th April 2010, 06:31 AM
Haysey or Chopper had put their hands up first I thought.

You wont get a reply until tonight, I'm off to work and NKJ is snoring his head off!

Happy to step aside...

Julie
10th April 2010, 06:36 AM
Haysey, is your hip okay?

haysey
10th April 2010, 06:41 AM
Sore again this morning Julie. But it came good yesterday once I got off my fat ass moving, so I'm expecting I'll be all good

haysey
11th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Haysey beat Ned Kelly Junior 5 and 3

An interesting day. I was 6 up after 9 holes before NKJ peeled off 3 wins in a row. It took a lucky 25 foot downhill putt to get me back on track and a birdie on 15 to seal the win.

Thanks for the round young fella. I'm very impressed with your golf game.

A faster start next time will make life extremely difficult for your next opponents:mrgreen:

Courty
11th April 2010, 02:17 PM
1st post updated.

Haysey is dominating Group 1 (who'da thunk it? :roll:)
Group 2 is anyone's for the taking.

haysey
11th April 2010, 02:21 PM
Haysey is dominating Group 1 (who'da thunk it? :roll:)

Certainly not haysey:shock:

Can I still claim underdog status?