PDA

View Full Version : ING final QLD Vs Tas.

Jarro
20th February 2005, 02:33 PM
Qld batted first and in my opinion didn't get enough runs on the board (246) considering the pitch looks like a belter.

Up to Bichel and Co. now to try and bowl 'em out :wink:

Do we have any Taswegians here :?:

Onewood
20th February 2005, 03:15 PM
QLD need some wickets if there going to win this one :roll:

QLD have'nt they been in the last couple of finals and then CHOKE :wink: :D

Jarro
20th February 2005, 03:56 PM

.. at least we've been there the last couple of years :wink:

this one's not over yet .... we just got a couple of quick wickets :)

Onewood
20th February 2005, 03:59 PM

.. at least we've been there the last couple of years :wink:

this one's not over yet .... we just got a couple of quick wickets :)

Now all you have to do is get the world's best oneday player, NSWelshman Bevan out :wink:

Fishman Dan
20th February 2005, 04:46 PM
Jarro this was over when the QLD'ers failed to get 290 - this pitch is a belter. It's closing in on a run-a-ball now, but you'd have to say with Bevan and Marsh there they are just coasting.

Mind you, if Bevan goes then panic could set in...

Shouldn't this thread be "Where are the cocky QLD'ers now?" :lol:

Fishman Dan
20th February 2005, 04:48 PM
I hit 'Submit' 10 seconds too early...

Bevan hits a six off a Free Hit - and whoever the pie-chucker bowler is over-stepped again.

Bevan hits a six?? They can't lose now!

terryand
20th February 2005, 04:54 PM
Jarro this was over when the QLD'ers failed to get 290 - this pitch is a belter. It's closing in on a run-a-ball now, but you'd have to say with Bevan and Marsh there they are just coasting.

Mind you, if Bevan goes then panic could set in...

Shouldn't this thread be "Where are the cocky QLD'ers now?" :lol:

Playing today in the final 8) ...Unlike the underachieving Bulues' side :oops:

Terry.

drunken
20th February 2005, 06:48 PM

Terry.

Yeah it's terrible when most of your top players are in the Aussie squad for 99% of the summer :wink:

terryand
20th February 2005, 07:18 PM

Terry.

Yeah it's terrible when most of your top players are in the Aussie squad for 99% of the summer :wink:

What unlike the 4 or 5 Qlder's that have bee in the same squad 8)

Do you homework Drunko :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
20th February 2005, 07:29 PM
What a shame that yet another Qld team lost in a final. I'm just shattered.

Well done to the two headers.

Someone remind me why Australia dropped Bevan again. What a joke!

Bevan hits a six off a Free Hit - and whoever the pie-chucker bowler is over-stepped again.
Ashley Noffke.
Made the last Ashes away squad for Australia, as well as a West Indies tour.
I'm sure I used to hit sixes off him all the time when we were in primary school together too. Well...maybe not.

Fishman Dan
20th February 2005, 07:37 PM

Terry.

Terry.

Tex, you forgot the phrase "on and off" ;) :lol:

AP - Don't take it too hard, the writing was on the wall. Mind you, I always thought Perren was a talent, but that middle-innings brain fart cost them.

How would Maher feel, 2nd Final century for his second loss :x

AndyP
20th February 2005, 07:47 PM
AP - Don't take it too hard, the writing was on the wall. Mind you, I always thought Perren was a talent, but that middle-innings brain fart cost them.
Nah Fishy, it hurts real bad. First the Lions, now this. Could take me a while to get over it.
OK, fine now.

(Is it wrong to get so much pleasure out of Qld teams losing?)

terryand
20th February 2005, 07:47 PM

Terry.

Terry.

Tex, you forgot the phrase "on and off" ;) :lol:

How would Maher feel, 2nd Final century for his second loss :x

Current squad...I take it this is what you mean by "on"

*Ricky Ponting Tas
+Adam Gilchrist WA
Michael Clarke NSW
Jason Gillespie SA
Matthew Hayden Qld
Brad Hogg WA
James Hopes Qld
Mike Hussey WA
Michael Kasprowicz Qld
Simon Katich NSW....From WA
Brett Lee NSW
Damien Martyn WA
Glenn McGrath NSW
Andrew Symonds Qld

So that is 4 Qlder's :shock:

4 NSWmen(Including a WA ring in) :?

4 from WA(not including the poached one)

1 each frm Tassie and SA.

AP........where are the Vic's :wink:

Terry.

terryand
20th February 2005, 07:51 PM
Nah Fishy, it hurts real bad. First the Lions, now this. Could take me a while to get over it.
OK, fine now.

(Is it wrong to get so much pleasure out of Qld teams losing?)

AP, where you born the last time a Vic team won on that famous last day of September http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

I don't think I will be alive to ever see another Vic team win http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pointlaugh.gif

Terry.

AndyP
20th February 2005, 07:53 PM
+Adam Gilchrist WA...from NSW

WA has a ring in too.

World's best spinner has retired, plus there aren't enough Victorian selectors. Maybe in a couple of years they will have penetrated the selection committee like Qlders have.

terryand
20th February 2005, 07:57 PM
+Adam Gilchrist WA...from NSW

WA has a ring in too.

World's best spinner has retired, plus there aren't enough Victorian selectors. Maybe in a couple of years they will have penetrated the selection committee like Qlders have.

Sorry, forgot that one.

Funny how NSW couldn't find a spot fot him :?

Good selectors there I guess :cry:

Terry.

AndyP
20th February 2005, 07:59 PM
AP, where you born the last time a Vic team won on that famous last day of September http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

I don't think I will be alive to ever see another Vic team win http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pointlaugh.gif
Good one, Tez.

Sorry to hear about the Alzheimers.
And before 40 too. Such a waste.

terryand
20th February 2005, 08:18 PM
Help me out hear Andy.

2004...Port
2003...Lions
2002...Lions
2001...Lions
2000...Dons
1999...Roos
1998...Crows
1997...Crows
1996...Roos

I'm I right so far.

Alzheimers kicks in here.Gets a bit fuzzy after this.

I know WCE won 2 out of 3 around this time,just not sure which years.

Got to admit it a bit lean for the locals.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
20th February 2005, 08:37 PM
1995 - CARLTON

After a record setting season of heaps of wins, 2 losses, including 15 straight from round 9?

Jarro
21st February 2005, 01:41 AM
1995 - CARLTON

After a record setting season of heaps of wins, 2 losses, including 15 straight from round 9?

so 10 years without a flag.

that's gotta hurt :P

Fishman Dan
21st February 2005, 09:05 AM
1995 - CARLTON

so 10 years without a flag.

that's gotta hurt :P

We won a pre-season flag since then :roll:

Yes, it hurts.. (but what a season that was!), this year they're expected to scrape into the 8 [-o<

AndyP
21st February 2005, 09:32 AM
2004...Port
2003...Lions
2002...Lions
2001...Lions
2000...Dons
1999...Roos
1998...Crows
1997...Crows
1996...Roos
That's correct.

1995...Blues
1994...Weagles
1993...Dons
1992...Weagles
1991...Hawks
1990...Pies
1989...Hawks
1988...Hawks
1987...Blues d Hawks
1986...Hawks
1985...Dons d Hawks
1984...Dons d Hawks
1983...Hawks

82 and 81 were Richmond or Carlton probably. Can't recall any more consecutive years back, just the numerous Hawks premierships.

10 years is nothing Fishy. Geelong, St. Kilda, Melbourne, Bulldogs and Swans fans have been waiting 30 years plus.

Fishman Dan
21st February 2005, 09:40 AM
82 and 81 were Richmond or Carlton probably. Can't recall any more consecutive years back, just the numerous Hawks premierships.

I think you'll find that 81 and 82 were both Carlton - vs Richmond and Collingwood. ;)

drunken
21st February 2005, 11:01 AM
Tez,

Symonds & Hopes were obviously in the Test squad for the first two thirds of the season weren't they... :roll:

AndyP
21st February 2005, 01:26 PM
Mark Waugh must be getting smarter as he gets older. First he got rid of his horrid missus, now this.....

Former batsman feels it is biased

Mark Waugh slams Australian selection panel

Cricinfo staff
February 20, 2005

Mark Waugh has slammed the current Australian selection panel and claimed that there is a bias towards picking players from Queensland. Waugh, who is being pushed as the New South Wales candidate for the national selection panel, revealed that he had been baffled at Andrew Symonds playing ahead of Simon Katich on Australia's tour of Sri Lanka last year and even termed it as "one of the worst decisions" he had seen. He also felt that Nathan Hauritz and James Hopes were undeservedly given chances ahead of Stuart MacGill and Cameron White.

In a column for The Sun Herald, Waugh wrote that half the selection panel was from Queensland (Allan Border and Trevor Hohns) and said that "people subconsciously favour what's close to their heart and home."

"I think there are a couple of Queenslanders in the past season or two who have been lucky to gain a spot in the one-day or Test teams," Waugh continued. "Andy Bichel is probably the exception, but I can count three players and situations that would support the theory that the bananabenders are receiving a leg-up.

"Though Queensland have been the benchmark in recent years in domestic cricket and that inevitably gives you more oomph at the selection table, there is that lingering thought that in 50-50 calls, the Queenslanders are getting the rub of the green."

Speaking about Katich's exclusion from the side after making a brilliant hundred in the Sydney Test against India, Waugh said: "Admittedly, Symonds's offspin may have been handy on the spin-friendly pitches but Katich can bowl decent left-arm spinners and the position was primarily for a batsman.

"The next selection, which was a major surprise, was the inclusion of Nathan Hauritz in the tour party to India ahead of the second-best spinner in world cricket, Stuart MacGill. Hauritz is a pretty good one-day bowler but he was averaging about 50 or 60 with the ball in first-class cricket at the time and to think he could be Australia's second spinner on such an important tour was a selection totally from left field."

Waugh was also surprised at James Hopes being picked for Australia's current tour of New Zealand. "I played against Hopes last season," he said, "and I couldn't see him wearing Australian colours. Despite Hopes's recent improvement, I believe Cameron White could consider himself most unlucky. He has better overall figures than Hopes and led Victoria to a Pura Cup win last year."

The strength of the current Australian team, Waugh believed, allowed the occasional blunder and he also acknowledged that "by and large the selectors have done a good job." Yet, he thought it was a time for change so that other states could get "a fairer run for their money".

------------------

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Jarro
21st February 2005, 01:43 PM
Mark who :?: :smt017

.. i didn't hear him whinging when he was left in the side after that little betting fiasco ... did that one go thru to the keeper or what :roll:

I think Markeyboy should learn to shut his mouth and stick to the nags.

AndyP
21st February 2005, 01:53 PM

Mark Waugh firms as national selector candidate (http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/182483_AUS_15FEB2005.html)

Jarro
21st February 2005, 01:58 PM

Mark Waugh firms as national selector candidate (http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/182483_AUS_15FEB2005.html)

well that will make for some interesting debates between Junior and AB at the selection meetings :roll:

FWIW, i watch "The Cricket Show" on Foxtel quite a bit. The show they did right after the Pakistan Tour was interesting. Junior was a quest, along with AB and Merv Hughes. All night Junior was in a foul mood... whinging about this and that, and generally going against what everyone else was saying :roll: kinda made me think a lot less of the bloke (if that was possible) He was bagging the Aussies batting performance big-time that night if i remember correctly .... and even had the nerve to say that Glenn McGrath didn't bowl that well against a pathetic Pakistan batting order :smt017

.. the guy really does have some issues at the moment.

AndyP
21st February 2005, 02:28 PM
well that will make for some interesting debates between Junior and AB at the selection meetings :roll:
The article says he would actually be taking AB's place.

Why is it that we only hear from AB and Hohn from the selection committee, and not from Boonie and Hilditch?
Maybe because Hohn is chairman, and Border is always in the media.