PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Ping Driver

kingslayer33
27th November 2009, 01:57 PM
Anybody had any experience with a cracked Ping driver?

I remembered one thread from last year about a cracked Alpha that I think was replaced.

The old man's G2 has just developed a crack in the sole of the club. (He's been forced to take one of my drivers to Barnbougle for his games yesterday and today - so don't pity him at all - In fact I reckon he deserves it as he left me here to hold the fort in the office. ;) )

I know it's an old model but is it even worth sending a photo/email to Ping?

Jarro
27th November 2009, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't expect Ping would want anything to do with a driver model that old.

grandmasterb
27th November 2009, 02:08 PM
Given its age and how much use its probably had i doubt they would do anything. But sending an email with a couple of pics cant hurt ;)

Johnny Canuck
27th November 2009, 02:30 PM
What the others have said. Usually, the warranties are good for a year. With the age of the G2, you're probably out of luck.

An email never hurts though, could possibly get you a discount on something new.

grandmasterb
27th November 2009, 02:40 PM
What the others have said. Usually, the warranties are good for a year. With the age of the G2, you're probably out of luck.

An email never hurts though, could possibly get you a discount on something new.

I sent an email to Srixon after i had drama's with my tour bag (just out of warranty) and Odyssey about a putter face cracking.

Srixon had the bag repaired at their costs, sent me 2 dozen balls and a gift voucher.

Odyssey replaced the putter with a brand new one and offered me a "cash back" offer on my next purchase.

goonie
27th November 2009, 02:44 PM
TM are the only ones I can think of that have a warranty longer than 1 year. 3y or 5y depending on the age of the club.

grandmasterb
27th November 2009, 02:50 PM
TM are the only ones I can think of that have a warranty longer than 1 year. 3y or 5y depending on the age of the club.

True but if you word the email correctly you will be surprised that warranty really means nothing in a situation like this.

I pointed out my disappointment on both occasions with the bag/putter but wasn't extremely blunt in doing so either. I also made mention that my previous bag/putter were ALOT older than these products and were still in great working condition with no signs of letting me down but switched to there product as it was "supposed to be superior".

If you show your support for the product they are generally more than happy to keep a customer in the good books given it costs them nothing.

3oneday
27th November 2009, 02:52 PM

last i heard it was 2 years on the head.

No harm in asking for it to be sent back to Ping, they might reward his loyalty :)

TheTrueReview
27th November 2009, 02:53 PM
I have just sent back my G10 driver to Ping. The shaft broke near the hosel after hitting 5 balls on the range at Brookwater.

There was no issue of prior abuse of the club by me. My club pro had a look at it & thought the metal ring on the shaft at the break area hadn't been properly beveled inside thus causing a sharp edge to cut into the shaft (my understanding of his explanation).

goonie
27th November 2009, 03:04 PM
last i heard it was 2 years on the head.

No harm in asking for it to be sent back to Ping, they might reward his loyalty :)

could be, i know they changed it recently, but the older ones still have 5 years.

pt73
27th November 2009, 03:04 PM
If he bought it locally then call the local distributor and see what they say.

Here's the info:

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/busSearch.do?subscriberName=American+Golf+Supplies +Pty+Ltd&location=

kingslayer33
27th November 2009, 09:22 PM
He bought it in the US when on a holiday - along with the rest of the set.

no cracks in the fw's or irons yet though ;)

I reckon I'll just send them an email with a pic. Not really expecting anything because of the age but it can't hurt.

Grunt
28th November 2009, 06:42 AM
I know someone that sent a pic of a faulty club back to the manufacturer and the club was out of warranty. They then contacted him with regards to a replacement to be delivered. Did not even want the faulty club back at all. Just a pure replacement plus extras to try and keep him happy.