PDA

View Full Version : GBWG's Swing

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th November 2009, 11:08 AM
Gday,

Any suggestions on how to make it better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TpsBDCWvek

Cheers

razaar
26th November 2009, 12:21 PM
It is a bit loose from my perspective. The left knee needs to firm up a little, it has to resist all the way to the top to keep slack out of your swing. Your knee bend is borderline IMO. When setting up at address set up for the forward swing through impact. Too much knee bend feels great for the backswing but dies in the arse at the moment of truth (through impact). That's why you see the tour players with a their butt high and minimum knee flex so they can get the left hip behind with a firm left side (fairly straight left leg) and still maintain their body angles and swing plane. Get these right and you will see a marked improvement in consistency. I like your swing.

Yossarian
26th November 2009, 01:18 PM
Post it in the In the swing section?

adlo
26th November 2009, 04:19 PM
Nice tempo.

Looks like the head moves up a fair bit at the back of your backswing. Maybe need a bit more room for your shoulder turn??

Anyway, let Raz and Virge do their thing.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th November 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks Razaar, Aldo. Much appreciated. Not sure how to keep my fat shoulder from moving my chin up on the back swing. Might book myself for a lesson.

Yossarian, sorry as i didnt notice the 'In the Swing" section.

adlo
26th November 2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Razaar, Aldo.

I give up..........

:lol:

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th November 2009, 04:55 PM
Sorry mate. I get dislexic at times.

adlo
26th November 2009, 04:57 PM
No problem, it is a bit of a running joke, everyone misspells it. I always laugh when a new member calls me Aldo. Proof that I have lost the battle.