PDA

View Full Version : Maxfli Revolution Tour Golf ball review.

gazgolf1
18th February 2005, 06:52 PM
Just picked up some of these balls off Ebay because I got sick of waiting for Maxfli to bring them out in Australia. :x
I checked at Golfworks recently and was told this ball was on the way but I'm not holding my breath.
Just shows how small of a market we are when Maxfli/TM/Adidas can't even send us their "top of the range" golf ball.
Anyway the Rev Tour feels pretty good...I've been playing Hogan Apex Reds for about 12 months and have been happy with the performance so I took both balls out this arvo for a comparison.

Distance; The Rev Tour is longer..about 5m with the irons and seemed a little longer with the woods too.

Trajectory;The Rev Tour has a real "high ball flight" feel about it even off the wedges,quite noticable after playing the Hogans for so long.

Spin;This was the area I was most interested in as my wedge game is very dependant on stopping the ball with spin.They felt about the same to me with the Rev Tour being a tiny bit firmer with chips and pitches but still way more spin than a HX Tour or Pro V1X.

Durability;The Rev Tour hands down....the tour grooves in my wedges tear up the Apex Reds pretty easy and Rev Tour is a huge improvement in this area.

All in all a good ball for my game with a slight distance gain chucked in...try em if you can find em. :wink:

terryand
18th February 2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks Gaz, sounds good.

Terry.

markTHEblake
18th February 2005, 07:36 PM
...try em if you can find em. :wink:

at the next Ozgolf day, can i play in the group in front of Gaz?

gazgolf1
19th February 2005, 08:17 AM
I'll be watching you Blakey. :wink:

Jarro
19th February 2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks Gaz, sounds good.

Terry.

so when are we gonna get some fron Ebay Tezza :wink:

Nice review Gaz .... thanks :smt023