PDA

View Full Version : R9 settings

zigwah
20th November 2009, 11:43 AM
Just wondering what experiences people have had while mucking around with settings.

I started with the heavy weight in the heel and nuetral setting

Have settled on heavy weight in the heel and nuetral upright setting.

TourFit
20th November 2009, 11:44 AM
EXACTRY...

same for me Zig. Heavy wgt in heel and neutral upright (at the moment, anyway)

razaar
20th November 2009, 11:49 AM
Read up on "gear effect" as it relates to woods. If you slice move the weight towards the heel and vice versa if you hook. If the weight can be adjusted vertically, raise it for a lower flight and lower it for a higher ball. The weights relocate the centre of gravity in the head which causes the gear effect.

3oneday
20th November 2009, 11:53 AM
Not sure he is asking for the scientific benefits (read "bullshit"), more what people are doing themselves.

For what it's worth, I tried the club 1 open (had the 460) and found it performed best at Neutral, which for me sorta defeated the purpose of buying it in the first place :lol:

zigwah
20th November 2009, 12:03 PM
Read up on "gear effect" as it relates to woods. If you slice move the weight towards the heel and vice versa if you hook. If the weight can be adjusted vertically, raise it for a lower flight and lower it for a higher ball. The weights relocate the centre of gravity in the head which causes the gear effect.

I think i remember you talking about that before raz which prompted me to put the weight in the heel, Cant adjust the weight up and down, but having good results atm.

Not sure he is asking for the scientific benefits (read "bullshit"), more what people are doing themselves.

For what it's worth, I tried the club 1 open (had the 460) and found it performed best at Neutral, which for me sorta defeated the purpose of buying it in the first place :lol:

It's still a nice head though, have also found that when people say its not very forgiving, that means for me a shot out of the toe goes just as far as the mizuno and out of the guts, it's just looooooong.

Eldrick
20th November 2009, 12:26 PM
I think i remember you talking about that before raz which prompted me to put the weight in the heel, Cant adjust the weight up and down, but having good results atm.

lead tape?

drnick
20th November 2009, 01:32 PM
I found having all those settings that can be changed played on my mind too much!!!

S

zigwah
20th November 2009, 01:35 PM
I found having all those settings that can be changed played on my mind too much!!!

S

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::smt038:smt038:smt038

Captain Nemo
20th November 2009, 01:44 PM
Got the 460 8.5* (off 3), N, or on a still day NU!:smt038

zigwah
20th November 2009, 01:46 PM
Got the 460 8.5* (off 3), N, or on a still day NU!:smt038

What's the ballflight like with the 8.5?

Johnny Canuck
20th November 2009, 02:21 PM
would depend entirely on the individual.

Captain Nemo
20th November 2009, 02:23 PM
What's the ballflight like with the 8.5?

Strong, perfect for me as i hit it high in general.:smt038

ddasey
8th January 2010, 11:57 AM
Thought I would bring this back from the dead as I now have one myself.

Haven't had a chance to hit the range yet due to the damn rain.

Interested to see what settings everyone has settled on, and what sort of ball flight they are getting ??

solarman
8th January 2010, 01:19 PM
Thought I would bring this back from the dead as I now have one myself.

Haven't had a chance to hit the range yet due to the damn rain.

Interested to see what settings everyone has settled on, and what sort of ball flight they are getting ??

Weight at back and shaft set to NU. Mine is a 9.5 stiff and it seems to work the best for me although it does seem to go higher in loft...but I tend to get it high anyway.

ddasey
8th January 2010, 01:22 PM
Weight at back and shaft set to NU. Mine is a 9.5 stiff and it seems to work the best for me although it does seem to go higher in loft...but I tend to get it high anyway.

Thanks Solarman :smt023

Rain has stopped but now wife is out, leaving me home with the kids.

Maybe I should just bomb balls away up the road from the front yard :twisted:

solarman
8th January 2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks Solarman :smt023

Rain has stopped but now wife is out, leaving me home with the kids.

Maybe I should just bomb balls away up the road from the front yard :twisted:

We do it at Tinaroo Dam. Get some drivers and a stack of balls and hit them off the bank. You always get some idiot in a boat who wants to be a target.