PDA

View Full Version : It was the best of holes, it was the blurst of holes

AndyP
17th November 2009, 03:54 PM
Which hole or holes did you completely own over the weekend?

Which hole or holes kicked your arse?

---------

Best

I had plenty of success on the 15th, which was surprising, as the approach requires accuracy. Perhaps it's not a coincidence that this hole was playing with the wind.

On both days, I found the centre of the fairway, with day one's drive only a couple of metres from the straightest drive line. Both approaches found the green, day one was a few metres past the hole, day two was well short. Birdie on day one, and par on day two.

Worst

My epic failure hole was the 5th. I wiped the hole both days without getting to the other side of the creek. I just found the hole too long into the strong wind.

On day one, I found the dry creek with my approach using one of my "banned" clubs. I tried to get a chip up and over the reeds from close range, and it got stuck in some instead. Several swipes at the ball failed to move it very far.

On day two, I watched the drive get thrown left into the water hazard...just. The approach with the second ball found the creek again, but this time the wet section.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:a_C6za_Pf_oACM:http://8.media.tumblr.com/RaAhBBk4Tjk9uc74TkOx0pmoo1_500.jpg

Jarro
17th November 2009, 04:16 PM
Best

The 10th. I played it even par for the weekend. Birdie on the Saturday, and a good scrambling bogey from the 'valley of sin' on Sunday.

Worst

par 4 17th.

I simply had a shocker on this hole, wiping it on both days. Both my tee shots ended up way left, which is pretty much dead :(

Courty
17th November 2009, 04:23 PM
Best hole: 8th.

On Saturday I made an awesome U&D for a par save, and on Sunday I stiffed my approach for an easy birdie.

Worst hole: the rest

henno
17th November 2009, 04:43 PM
Best:

10th: Two under for the weekend. Neither birdies were particularly pretty, but they were still birdies.

Worst:

16th: Hooked hybrid off the tee into the shit on day one, couldn't scramble a point. Got off the tee on day two, only to hook a 5-iron into the shit for the same result (wipe).

kpac
17th November 2009, 04:44 PM
Best hole: 8th.

Agree -
I thought 8th played the easiest over the weekend. 10 foot for a 3 on Sat 10 8 foot for a 4 Sunday - Miss them both :oops:

However 9th i'd claim as the hole i beat on the weekend. 'claim' as the index was 2
Saturday, worked the big dog just past the big tree on left - left me 115 - 120 out. Was sure to leave 1st putt below hole, and popped the 2nd in.
Sunday the driver was off - played it from right hand corner - 5 wood to 10m short of green, chip - again below the hole, just missed a simple putt but i blame the worst cup placement i've seen in a while.

16th was the hole that beat me! i didn't have any idea what to do there!
scrambled Sat for a point - not even close on sunday.

5th is the hole that i really had a tussle with.
2 points both days however both days played 3 from the tee - so i thought that was pretty good.

Daves
17th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Worst

5th - wiped it both rounds:( Caught the creek crossing both times!2nd round I actually cleared it but the ball obvious rolled back in and had an unplayable lie in the rushes:smt013 Closely followed (literally) by the 6th, I put both days tee shots in the water:oops:

Best

Par on the 11th both days with tap ins. 12th was birdie/par and a nice settler.

Jarro
17th November 2009, 05:44 PM
5 was a real brute on Sunday from the plates :shock:

sms316
17th November 2009, 06:56 PM
Birdied the 15th both days.
Birdied 18 on day one, and parred it on day two after busting driver + 3 wood to the front bunker.
3 stabbed the 9th twice for a pair of bogeys. Both times hit awful 2nd shots.

Made 10 birdies in 36 holes and shot 12 over. Not many pars!

Moe Norman
17th November 2009, 07:48 PM
I played the 18th in -1 over the two days and played the 8th in -1 over the 2 days.

Pretty much all the other holes were disasters, but I'd say 11 beat me up the most, I made triple on both days.

I think I made Par both days on 2 also.

ParMaster
17th November 2009, 07:51 PM
So what were undoubtedly the most difficult holes?

henno
17th November 2009, 07:54 PM
So what were undoubtedly the most difficult holes?

The ones with the flags sticking out of them.

goughy
17th November 2009, 07:57 PM
Best would have to have been the short par 4 12th. Had a putt from just off the green for eagle day one, finished birdie. Then into the wind 2nd day hit another great drive and m approach was like 2ft from taking hasey out for best approach on the hole. missed the birdie but got a par. I doubt there were any other holes on the course that I played within even cooee of bogey average over the weekend, but a combined -1 for this one.

dc68
17th November 2009, 08:10 PM
Talk us through it Timmy!!!!!!

FFS how do you guys remember this stuff?

henno
17th November 2009, 08:13 PM

:smt046

AndyP
17th November 2009, 08:16 PM

FFS how do you guys remember this stuff?Simple really. Less alcohol equals less brain cells killed.

BrisWesty
17th November 2009, 09:50 PM
In terms of points

Best
The 11th. 2 putt bogey on Saturday and Birdie from 2 metres or so on Sunday. 6 points all up.

Worst - 1 pointers
8th - only wash for the day on Saturday and 1 point on Sunday.
1st - 1 point on Saturday and a 3 jab for a wash on Sunday.

There were so many holes that owned me on Sunday though. 23 points total, but 10 of them came on 3, 9 & 11.

markTHEblake
17th November 2009, 11:26 PM
the 7th got me. Couldnt get my head wrapped around that long narrow green.
Hit good drives both days and klutzed a wedge and 7 iron for my approaches, to end up with a 1 putt bogey and a 4 putt triple, one of those putts being an 'airy'

the easy hole for me was the 3rd, birdied it twice.

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 08:08 AM
8th hole was my favourite. Got home in 2 both days (3&4 iron). I've been trying to hit my long irons more confidently and hit a couple of pearlers on this hole.

I struggled on plenty of holes. Both the 2nd & 18th I played in bogey then double-bogey.

Eag's
18th November 2009, 08:23 AM
Best - the 15th, I hit wedge into it both days for 2 pars.
I also played 9 & 18 in 1 over for the 2 days which I was happy with for index 1 & 2
Worst - the 3rd, this hole messed with my head wiping it both days :roll:

Lucasto23
18th November 2009, 08:49 AM
Best - 14th parred it both days i like hitting 6 iron ;)
Worst - 16th kept finding crap off the tee and could not putt on the thing to be + 5 for weekend

razaar
18th November 2009, 09:15 AM
Regulation 2-putt par on the 9th on Sunday...was happy with that.