amanda
25th May 2004, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone - Brad sent me this and I had a go - IQ of 140 :shock:

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/

McMw
25th May 2004, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone - Brad sent me this and I had a go - IQ of 140 :shock:

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/

I did the same test about a month back, and I got really really bored with it when it kept on going on and on and on and on...

in some cases, I couldn't even be bothered thinking about it, and just whacked in an answer...

if I remembered correctly, I got 132 (with an inclination towards math and visual)...whatever that means... :lol:

prob confirms everyone's else's opinion of me - dumass... :lol:

Courty
25th May 2004, 10:58 PM
Just did it and got 135... :roll:
what's an "average" IQ score these days? :?

markTHEblake
25th May 2004, 11:02 PM
ihave done this test a few times and from memory i am not getting better at it :-(
133 today. It says I am a word warrior, but i think its too short a test to be meaningfull.

Its still got me stuffed why john likes 400 not 300 and 100 not 99 and so on, for the life of me i cant work that one out.

Ilike the test it www.iqtest.com its much more comprehensive, l lots more questions and if i remember right, you score more points by doing it faster. So perhaps its as close as a layperson gets to doing a Mensa test.

If you have the patience sit down and do this one, and you should get a better idea of where the stengths and weaknesses are. FWIW i got 159 here.

mike
25th May 2004, 11:27 PM
I got 129...thought I was smarter than that.

Its still got me stuffed why john likes 400 not 300 and 100 not 99 and so on, for the life of me i cant work that one out.

John is just hard to please.

amanda
26th May 2004, 09:19 AM
mTb - thanks I'll have to try that other one.

I thought the average IQ was meant to be 100?

I don't think the IQ means much - I got 140 and yesterday I had to ask Brad whether there are brakes on all 4 wheels of the car (when you push the brake pedal) :oops:

andylo
26th May 2004, 09:28 AM
I don't think the IQ means much - I got 140 and yesterday I had to ask Brad whether there are brakes on all 4 wheels of the car (when you push the brake pedal) :oops:

In my opinion, IQ mean how well and how quick you can react to certain situation with your brain..... and it's nothing to do with knowledge.

Knowledge is coming from experience (i.e. That brake pedal thing)

I believe I am high in IQ but I have no patient to sit down there doing that IQ test thing. Pretty sure (with very humble evaluation) I can get at least 120 plus.

But there's no way I can sit down to do long test. I learn it from experience (knowledge)

Well... maybe there's one way.... but you don't want to know it. :oops:

markTHEblake
26th May 2004, 10:18 AM
Here is a special IQ test for busy people, only 11 questions, should take you less than a minute, in fact you have only 110 seconds to answer the questions.

http://www.richstevens.com/flash/iq.swf

Take care, the answers require carefull thought.

This test has been around a while, and many people here would have seen it before, but its still a classic. and if anybody posts that they got 11/11 then you are a BS artist, it means you have done this test before :-)

Flowergirl
27th May 2004, 08:52 AM
nine............is the innings question a baseball one?????

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 02:50 PM
yep, yankee baseball.

Why are 2003 australian $2 coins worth more than 2002 australian $2 coins?

amanda
27th May 2004, 04:11 PM
mTb - is it because the of the diminishing time value of money?

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 04:34 PM
Amanda, with an IQ of 140 and an Accountant I am not sure if i should get you to do my taxes :-)

2003 $2 coins is $2 more than 2002 $2 coins.

(ie 2003 x $2 = $4006)

Try this one :

How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

McMw
27th May 2004, 04:37 PM
Amanda, with an IQ of 140 and an Accountant I am not sure if i should get you to do my taxes :-)

2003 $2 coins is $2 more than 2002 $2 coins.

okay...I'm a dumass, but I still don't get it!!! :?

the only logical reasoning I can come up with is that the price of gold went up, hence 2003 $2 is worth more... :oops:

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 04:44 PM
Simple Maths Mau :-)
( i see you posted before i edited the answer with more info so you are not a dumass)

Imagine you have 2 piles of $2 coins.

There are 2003 coins in one pile, and in the other pile there are 2002 of them.....

Good trick next time you are in a bar, guarantee nobody will get it unless they have heard it before.

drunken
27th May 2004, 05:19 PM
[quote=Try this one :

How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?[/quote]

just the once :wink:

McMw
27th May 2004, 11:18 PM
[quote=Try this one :

just the once :wink:[/quote]

ya know...I was thinking the same thing...

IQ test??? unlikely...more like a trick test!!! :lol:

burger
28th May 2004, 09:02 AM

I remember and old guy i used to work with (about 15 years ago) telling me about an Army (i think) officers exam he had done which was full of questions like the above or like . . .
How far can you walk into a forest?

drunken
28th May 2004, 12:14 PM

I remember and old guy i used to work with (about 15 years ago) telling me about an Army (i think) officers exam he had done which was full of questions like the above or like . . .
How far can you walk into a forest?

however far halfway is, once you reach the middle you're walking out of the forest 8)