PDA

View Full Version : Fav 'moment' from the Champs

goughy
16th November 2009, 07:54 PM
Thought we should have a spot for the moments!

So many of mine involve Grunt! One will have photo's courtesy of Eag's so I'll wait till he posts it up.

First one was on a hole with canal on the left with houses there. At one house there was a pool almost on the canal and in it a couple of rather stunning women (what we could tell from the distance) in bikini's strutting around and in and out of the pool. Grunt really struggled with his focus during his shot and in the end did his best to land his ball in their pool. Now Grunt, you should know that if you're looking far over your left shoulder while attempting to hit a ball then that is where your ball is going to go!

The second was on the back nine. Grunt lines up and swings his driver looking like he's trying to launch his ball into the stratosphere. Hits the ground behind the ball and clear bounces his driver over the ball and misses it completely. I thought for once I was gonna finish an ozgolf round without rolling on the ground in laughter but I was wrong!! Thanks for a couple of choice moments from the weekend Grunt! That's what ozgolf rounds are for me. A chance to have some fun...

Eag's
16th November 2009, 08:10 PM
That was the funniest thing I have seen on a golf course in a long time :lol:
He then proceeded to do a happy gilmore and nail it down the middle :smt038
I will post the pic of the shot Goughy is talking about soon.

Moe Norman
16th November 2009, 08:13 PM
My group, Eags, Chop Chop and Billy - were greeted by a course marshall on Saturday walking off 18 (our 9th). I was ready to give him a serve if he told us to hurry up....

"Gents, sorry to say this, but you're playing too fast, if you could just slow it up a little that would be good as we have 2 groups still to go off the 1st tee"

Eag's
16th November 2009, 08:15 PM
That would have to be a first for an Oz Golf group :mrgreen:

Iain
16th November 2009, 08:20 PM
Thought we should have a spot for the moments!

So many of mine involve Grunt! One will have photo's courtesy of Eag's so I'll wait till he posts it up.

First one was on a hole with canal on the left with houses there. At one house there was a pool almost on the canal and in it a couple of rather stunning women (what we could tell from the distance) in bikini's strutting around and in and out of the pool. Grunt really struggled with his focus during his shot and in the end did his best to land his ball in their pool. Now Grunt, you should know that if you're looking far over your left shoulder while attempting to hit a ball then that is where your ball is going to go!

The second was on the back nine. Grunt lines up and swings his driver looking like he's trying to launch his ball into the stratosphere. Hits the ground behind the ball and clear bounces his driver over the ball and misses it completely. I thought for once I was gonna finish an ozgolf round without rolling on the ground in laughter but I was wrong!! Thanks for a couple of choice moments from the weekend Grunt! That's what ozgolf rounds are for me. A chance to have some fun...

Sounds like his warm up on the range..... :?

Daves
16th November 2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds like his warm up on the range..... :?

Was going to say I am sure I saw him practicing that shot on the range!

dc68
16th November 2009, 08:48 PM
Petey stumbling in on Satdee night was funny. It was easily the drunkest I have seen him.

Hux
16th November 2009, 09:40 PM
The Sat gallery on 9 when collectively we gave the play through groups a roaring reception as good as any Masters.

razaar
16th November 2009, 09:48 PM
Watching the two guys that played through Jarro & Lucas, putt out on the ninth on the Saturday. Great entertainment while we waited.

markTHEblake
16th November 2009, 09:51 PM
I was wandering around in the scrub on 17th, (looking for someone elses ball of course, coz you cant lose a Vision UV ball) and i see a shiney ProV1. I think, i wonder if thats one of the 2nd hand ProV1's I sold someone.

Pick it up, and it has a logo "Tim Nelson", and yep, I remember that one, as there was at least a couple of these in the bunch I had.

Sold it back to Henno for a 6 Pack (plus interest), he was rather excited to get his favourite ball back.

and by the way, How much Red Cordial does Henno drink?

Ned
16th November 2009, 09:52 PM
I was wandering around in the scrub on 17th, (looking for someone elses ball of course, coz you cant lose a Vision UV ball)

Except on the 13th hole yesterday Blakey!!!!!:lol:

Hux
16th November 2009, 09:57 PM

ROFLMAO

Jarro
16th November 2009, 10:15 PM
Courty ..... Courty ...... COURTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haysey
16th November 2009, 10:24 PM
Courty ..... Courty ...... COURTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?

:mrgreen:

BrisWesty
16th November 2009, 10:37 PM
The Saturday gallery on 9 with the 2 groups playing in front of Jarro & Lucas' group.
20+ people roaring "get in the hole" as soon as the ball left the putter face, and then yelling "give us the ball" after they'd putted out.
Classic.

Henno and I walking off the 3rd on Saturday with 6s. Him with a 4 putt bogey, me with an up and down out of the bunker on the left greenside bunker.

Why did I slice into the rubbish on 5 on Sunday? Missed all of the above action.

This thread is useless without photos.

BrisVegas
16th November 2009, 10:52 PM
goughy's happy dance and woop-wooping when he realised he'd driven the par 4 12th and outdriven me.

goughy
16th November 2009, 11:04 PM
And I'd do it again in a heart beat!!! :)

Eag's
16th November 2009, 11:15 PM
Ok, here is the pic of Grunt's plugged ball.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Eags/S6000612.jpg

This is his attempt to get it out. He had 2 more swipes at it before it finally cleared the lip :lol:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Eags/S6000613.jpg

adlo
16th November 2009, 11:18 PM
Did he fall over after that effort? That stance looks near impossible to replicate.

I think he needs to learn about shutting the face on a PW when the ball plugs.

Nice pic Eag's.

Ned
16th November 2009, 11:18 PM
Speaking of grunt, Hux's faux pas on Thursday at Reddy when he mixed up Dammo with Grunt in the Crub House!!!!:lol:

Eag's
16th November 2009, 11:20 PM
Did he fall over after that effort? That stance looks near impossible to replicate.

I think he needs to learn about shutting the face on a PW when the ball plugs.

Nice pic Eag's.

No but we did when he had his air swing with the driver a little later :lol:

adlo
16th November 2009, 11:22 PM
:lol:

Grunt sounds like good value.

markTHEblake
16th November 2009, 11:40 PM

Oh I found that one easy, lost after putting out on the 13th green and found it on the 16th tee. Must have got a real lucky bounce

I lost a daggy old 2nd hand ball on the 14th so it was a blessing in disguise that I got the new one (at start of round) back.

Yossarian
16th November 2009, 11:47 PM
That pic of grunt looks like that bit in the mummy when the bad dude controls the sand. It looks like grunter is trying to fight him off.

Or he has just tonked that ball over cow corner.

Great stuff!

mike
17th November 2009, 12:01 AM
Fantastic pic Eags.

markTHEblake
17th November 2009, 12:09 AM
My fav moments at the champs was getting there and getting home. Lucky to have made it both times.

The funky little red car had been using water for a while, but nothing that a couple of cups of water added to the refill thingy before every drive didnt fix (had replaced almost everything you would to fix it). Had driven 100ks plenty of times with no worries before, but i decided to come up friday night just in case.

At 135clicks and amongst those Pine forests south of caloundra the temp needle skyrocketed. So I pull over and wait 20 mins and refill some water and limp the last 30ks or so to my destination. Bastard of a place to stop as the road is elevated so couldnt get very clear of the road, dangerous place indeed. Thanks to all the Ozgolfers that honked as they drove past circa 7.15-7.30pm

On sunday arvo left for what is apparently a 100 min drive home, I was feeling very lucky.

once on the highway Drove past a "Traffic Response Unit" vehicle helping a car, and thought "gee i might need you later". Yeah my prayer was answered, was about only about 40kms from the golf course and up the temp goes. I pull up the offramp north of Caboolture where the "Big Fish" petrol station is carefully hidden on the other side of the trees and take a 20min nap and next thing the Traffic Response Guy is tapping on my window.

He fills up my radiator with his bottle of water, and stuff me if my piddly little water bottles wouldnt have made any difference, the sucker was empty, what the hell? that hasnt happend before.

From that point i managed to drive 20-30 kms between each radiator tankfull, distance getting shorter each time. I also filled my 2 litre drinking bottle as well at petrol stations and that got me through all the gaps. Basically the water was pouring out the bottom of the engine as i was pouring it in.

All up a 100min drive took 4.5 hours. :neutral:

Took it to the mechanic today, and water pump is shot. And just to make me feel good I also have a spare old clunker ute, but the clutch was dodgy, so took that to another mechanic, and while we were checking it over, water starts leaking like crazy from the water pump.

Next year am gunna take the bus.

Ned
17th November 2009, 07:03 AM
Next year am gunna take the bus.

Good, you can drive dc in the company vehicle!!!!:razz:

LarryLong
17th November 2009, 07:14 AM
Nice shots Eag's. :)

I think it's always a golfer's duty to pull out the camera when one of his partners gets into a bunker and looks unlikely to get out.

PeteyD
17th November 2009, 07:36 AM
Bruce's shot out of the water at Pac Harbour was pretty good.

Also seeing the huge practice green totally swamped by OzGolf players.

It was pretty awesome that we got all 48 players there. Pretty amazing considering everything.

And GGF DC, I needed something to kill the pain :D

Eag's
17th November 2009, 09:13 AM
Nice pic Petey, where did the ball end up?

Davemason
17th November 2009, 09:29 AM
the whole weekend

AndyP
17th November 2009, 09:56 AM
Nice pic Petey, where did the ball end up?It flew past the hole and I think it ended up on the fringe, leaving a downhill putt. Bruce did very well and got a good piece of it.

poidda
17th November 2009, 10:22 AM
kpac finding a Ménage à trois on the menu Saturday night. Respect!

sms316
17th November 2009, 10:36 AM
WTF? Did a couple want to go for a moustache ride?

BrisVegas
17th November 2009, 10:39 AM
does that even count as a moustache at this stage??? crikey. much respect kpac.

just
17th November 2009, 11:07 AM
kpac finding a Ménage à trois on the menu Saturday night. Respect!
Details?

PeteyD
17th November 2009, 11:09 AM
Useless without home video!

goughy
17th November 2009, 11:19 AM
Poidda's drive on the 1st on Sunday! Shouldn't call it a fav moment, but who could forget it. Don't think anyone who was there will forget it. As he swung down hearing the 2 cracks! Unfortunately the first one was his knee going!!!!

Didn't think you were gonna make the round after that. Pretty impressive you finished it. How's she today?

GC
17th November 2009, 02:11 PM
Details?

Well Kpac was up in his room all night with the 2 Girls and didn't want to come down and have a drink and collect his winning Cash from the boys! so something must of been going on!

henno
17th November 2009, 08:31 PM
and by the way, How much Red Cordial does Henno drink?

I assume you are referring to me being rather hyper? Let's just say that I don't need to drink much coffee. :mrgreen:

Eag's
17th November 2009, 08:51 PM
I assume you are referring to me being rather hyper? Let's just say that I don't need to drink much coffee. :mrgreen:

At least you are not as loud as me Adam 8-[

Jarro
17th November 2009, 09:05 PM

You've got nothing on Grunt.

He's a walking fit !!!

AndyP
17th November 2009, 09:07 PM
I'm very serious and mellow regardless of whether I have been drinking or not.

henno
17th November 2009, 09:10 PM
I'm very serious and mellow regardless of whether I have been drinking or not.

I am still yet to see you smile, AngryP.

AndyP
17th November 2009, 09:21 PM
Yep.

http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/OZgolf%20Champs%202009/Serious.jpg

BrisWesty
17th November 2009, 10:55 PM
Well Kpac was up in his room all night with the 2 Girls and didn't want to come down and have a drink and collect his winning Cash from the boys! so something must of been going on!

Looks like GCswinger needs to give his swinger title to Kpac

Choppa
17th November 2009, 11:34 PM

This is all it takes henno.....

markTHEblake
17th November 2009, 11:59 PM
Speaking of smiles, i have never seen Eags so not grumpy. He was like a cheshire cat all weekend.

Hux
18th November 2009, 07:30 AM
Must have started Thursday Blakey cause he was all smiles then.

kpac
18th November 2009, 08:36 AM
:roll:

Having a go at me is one thing but leave the mo alone! ;)

The details listed here of 'goings-on' on the saturday night are entirely fictional.
I will admit fault for not getting there to slap the cash on the bar :oops: Shave (as admin) stipulated a 'no show' - 'no - dough' rule. Fair call no doubt.

That is all

sms316
18th November 2009, 09:18 AM
This is all it takes henno.....

Is Goughy chewing on some nipple?

:smt107

Choppa
18th November 2009, 09:58 AM
Is Goughy chewing on some nipple?

:smt107

Suckling I think they call it ;)

Jarro
18th November 2009, 10:02 AM
So does that make AndyP a bitch ?

AndyP
18th November 2009, 10:35 AM
My nipples are down near my belly button, so he can't be feeding.

PeteyD
18th November 2009, 10:43 AM
Actually having everyone there for that photo on Saturday morning was pretty amazing. And standing there looking over the huge practice green just covered in OzGolfers.

Jarro
18th November 2009, 10:47 AM
Actually having everyone there for that photo on Saturday morning was pretty amazing. And standing there looking over the huge practice green just covered in OzGolfers.

That was pretty amazing 8)

Eag's
18th November 2009, 10:51 AM
If we get 60+ next year we will need a wider lens :)

steverawlo
18th November 2009, 08:45 PM
had an absolute ball all weekend.

Seeing Henno almost in tears after I pulled runner, runner for a higher diamond flush when he was all-in was brilliant.

Bruce's little hops and fist pumps when holing putts on day one was a highlight. Being such a nice bloke, it was hard to believe it was the same person when he let out a chorus of sensational four letter words after missing a short putt on the 12th.

Damo has to be close to the biggest burglar on Ozgolf. Although the score on Sat didn't show it, I'm sure he'll be off a lot lower than 18 come next years champs. Also a top bloke.

Peter_rs was my partner on day one and watching him tear up the front nine with 22 pts was a joy. He must have had sore shoulders from carrying me all day. We squared the punt that day and I had 20pts. He also slammed down his first can of JB in about half a hole. Impressive stuff.

I got pretty lucky on the poker table that night. Having Grunt to my left certainly helped. Dead set called anything all night. Thanks for the chips mate....

Got fairly pissy Sat night but they shut the bar just as I made the switch to Johnnie Walker. My liver was most appreciative come Sunday morning.

I played with Shavey and GC on Sunday and took the cash. Both top blokes and we had a good laugh all the way around. The 5th was the highlight of the day but the closer we got to the glass sided pool, the dirtier I felt as I'm pretty sure those girls were pretty young......

Shavey's gag on 17 was monumental and let me back into the game. Didn't want to say too much cos I knew he was fuming underneath it all.

30pts wasn't brilliant but came home reasonably well with 17 on the back. I've got to play on the Friday next year to get into some sort of form and get the crap out of my game.

Congrats to petethepilot who came back to win after copping a mouthful from one of the local old wankers before Sunday's round. That grumpy old prick was the only down side to the weekend.

Thanks to Shavey, the two Petes, Shaz and everyone else who was among the organisers.

Sorry I had to piss off early on Sunday. I plan to stay the Sunday night next year.

henno
18th November 2009, 08:52 PM
Seeing Henno almost in tears after I pulled runner, runner for a higher diamond flush when he was all-in was brilliant.

That still burns. Thanks for the drink though, but defeat tastes so bitter.

Shavey's gag on 17 was monumental and let me back into the game. Didn't want to say too much cos I knew he was fuming underneath it all.

Oh no. A gag on 17 at Pac harbour also cost him the cash. :?

BrisVegas
18th November 2009, 09:40 PM
Damo has to be close to the biggest burglar on Ozgolf. Although the score on Sat didn't show it, I'm sure he'll be off a lot lower than 18 come next years champs.

We've been saying that about damo for years.... ;)

I've got to play on the Friday next year to get into some sort of form and get the crap out of my game.

playing Friday let me get my one good round out of the way BEFORE the champs... YMMV however!

damoocow
18th November 2009, 10:11 PM
I had an absolute ball all weekend - comes very close to almost topping the legendary Kooralbyn Champs ! - for me I met some new Ozgolfers, renewed friendships with others, played some good and atrocious golf [often on the same hole] and played some of the worst pool imaginable. To all those I had a drink with or played with, I thank you for your company. BUT the funniest thing about these champs was Razaar's Chinese Caddy / Hairy Arms story....it was a cracker - I suggest at next years champs that he should repeat the story at the prize ceremony so all can enjoy it.

henno
18th November 2009, 11:30 PM
OK, I have thought long and hard about this, and I've come up with the following:

Friday - Pac Harbour:

- Being behind Jarro's group and getting to watch him hole out for eagle on the 1st.
- Pumping my drive over the bunker and (apparently) into the cart of Ned Kelly and Grunt. I found my ball perched on top a pyramid of sand in the middle of the fairway. "It was headed for the greenside bunker had it not hit the cart!". Took a wash. (And let the games begin.)
- Shavey's "suspended" ball in the fairway bunker, and brilliant recovery shot. (henno: "I think near that alignment pole would be a good spot to be from here". Shavey: misses the pole by inches.) The pic and vid doesn't do it justice, but here you go:

http://imgur.com/6WKXZs.png (http://imgur.com/6WKXZ.jpg)

And the video of his recovery (It looks unimpressive, as most good golf shots do, but that chuckle you hear at the end is Courty as shavey's ball finishes only inches from where he was aiming to land).:

SgwUnbEweTI

- Getting in for par all other times my ball was messed with. (Sand castle on the green, a pile of ice on another occasion.)
- Having to finish 3pts 3pts 3pts 2pts just to get close to taking shavey and courty's money. (Which we did, thanks to a 3-putt by shavey on 17.)
- Being first loser at poker... twice. I lost every hand I should have won and only won one decent hand, which I should have lost (sorry PeteyD).

Saturday - Pelican:

- First hole of the champs, beating SMS off the stick with some serious bullshit. Driver went nowhere into the wind, 3w too high, caught by wind into the shit right (6-inch deep grass in the trees). 100m to go, 8-iron slash through the grass to 2 feet, and an easy birdie.
- Hitting the 3rd in two and then 4-putting to bogey. (Shazza got birdie with her 180-straighty, safe lay-up, wedge close style.)
- Thinking I lost the side-bet to shavey with a scorching 20pts to his 21. A recount later on showed that shavey actually miscounted and had 20 pts, and I had written 5/2 instead of 5/3 for 21 pts. We decided to let the bet ride on Sunday.
- PeteyD at night. Seriously, how pissed was he? Hilarious. And full points for recovering pretty well all things considered.

Sunday - Pelican:

- Hitting the fairway bunker on the 10th with driver, 9-iron out perhaps another 90m up the fairway, 5-iron stiff, and a short putt for a second birdie on the hole in as many days (and my only two for the weekend).
- Getting a questioning by the drinks cart girl about my drinks in the esky after I asked her to top up my ice. If only the poker face I put on there had been as convincing on the previous two nights of actual poker.
- Moe's 7 GIR on the front 9 and just about walking away with 3-putt bogeys on every one. Not exactly a "highlight", but memorable nonetheless.
- Knocking away my ball after missing the putt for 6/1 on the 18th, only to have hasey remind me that I had two shots on that hole. Both shavey and I had 27 points to square the freaking bet yet again.
- Taking out 2009 Best Dressed. Pink shorts, shirt, shoes and shaft isn't gay at all... is it? (All I needed was one of Boz's finest balls.)

http://imgur.com/adyz1s.png (http://imgur.com/adyz1.jpg)

I'm sure there are hundreds more memories, but coaxing them out of the bowels of my mind after a solid few days on the turps is tough work.

adlo
18th November 2009, 11:53 PM
Please be aware that an outfit that gay will not be welcomed in WA should you make the trip over.

markTHEblake
19th November 2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats to petethepilot who came back to win after copping a mouthful from one of the local old wankers before Sunday's round. That grumpy old prick was the only down side to the weekend.

who then proceeded to give myself a mouthful on driving range cos i was having a boisterous conversation with Iain and SMS right next to him. Apparently he was trying to concentrate on his game. Yet SMS didnt have any troubly at all with hitting balls whilst being sledged mid swing.

adlo
19th November 2009, 12:15 AM
What was the old man's issue with the pilot?

markTHEblake
19th November 2009, 12:34 AM
I think it's always a golfer's duty to pull out the camera when one of his partners gets into a bunker and looks unlikely to get out.

Fair enough

The UNIT on the 8th hole. I took the photo a bit late but the lie was ugly. you can see the ball in line with the lip about 1/5th from the left edge of the photo, not enough height to get out I am afraid.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/84/151120090011.jpg

PeteyD
19th November 2009, 07:14 AM
Saturday - Pelican:
- Being first loser at poker... twice. I lost every hand I should have won and only won one decent hand, which I should have lost (sorry PeteyD).
- PeteyD at night. Seriously, how pissed was he? Hilarious. And full points for recovering pretty well all things considered.

Dude, considering I won the second poker whatever you call it (even with your miracle hand) I think you might want to move that to Friday. Saturday I could not even read the cards. Mixing drugs and alcohol is good!!

Grunt
19th November 2009, 07:20 AM
What was the old man's issue with the pilot?

We had free range balls and Pete saw 2 buckets at the doorway to the pro shop and picked one up. The guy had bought 2 and got all upset. PeteyD called pete back and he replaced it and the guy just went on about it. We were laying bets as they walked to the range if the fight would start before or after the bridge.

LarryLong
19th November 2009, 07:33 AM
Fair enough

The UNIT on the 8th hole. I took the photo a bit late but the lie was ugly. you can see the ball in line with the lip about 1/5th from the left edge of the photo, not enough height to get out I am afraid.

:smt038

It's not a good sign when the ball is only just beating the puff of sand from the shot. :)

Daves
19th November 2009, 07:38 AM
:smt038

It's not a good sign when the ball is only just beating the puff of sand from the shot. :)

It was a very buried lie, straight in off the driver and ugly as hell!

goughy
19th November 2009, 08:00 AM
sunday, 4th hole I've rolled just into the front greenside bunker with no stance or backswing with a sw unless I hit it backwards away from the green. So I putted it onto the green and nearly sunk the up and down for par. Eag's thought it was a good shot from where I was but I don't think he realised I putted it at first! Got away with a bogey. Is that what you call an 'effective' 3 putt??

razaar
19th November 2009, 08:43 AM
16th hole on Saturday. Gaz and me drive it in the centre about 230 m, SMS is another 40 metres further and Ned is 200 metres to the left after hitting a tree. Ned drives past his ball and drops SMS at his and returns to his ball. Gaz and me stand around waiting for Ned to play. We waited and waited - Ned is lost in thought staring at the buggy or staring at the ipod (which he can't live without). After waiting 5 mins and seeing no further action from Ned, I decide to hit and push it into the trees short right of the green. There is a loud thump from the direction of my shot and I immediately think I have nailed one of the carts in front. Turns out it was the esky lid of the drinks cart falling. The sound of my shot or the falling lid wakes Ned up and he finally gets a club out of his bag and plays.
After a search (and blaming Ned for my poor shot) I find the ball in a hole amongst the trees and with no shot other than to punch it into the greenside bunker. Holed the bunker shot for a birdie and killing Ned was forgotten.:D

Iain
19th November 2009, 09:59 AM
Goughy for Saturday?

Grunt
19th November 2009, 10:07 AM
Guys

I'm going to need a winner for Best on Ground for Friday and Saturday nights.

Not sure there was any! Very quiet nights both nights in OzGolf Standards

sms316
19th November 2009, 10:08 AM
Going on the text message G69 sent me at around 4pm saying he had 12 Carlton Draughts under his belt, I'm going to suggest he was BOG from 1800km away.

Grunt
19th November 2009, 10:13 AM
He may have been that. The 12am cutoff had a lot to do with it too. No 2am Virge golf talks this year. Also no shared bottles of Red with Jack.

Jarro
19th November 2009, 10:31 AM
PeteyD has to get the BOG award for Saturday night.

He was in classic Zig mode 8)

PeteyD
19th November 2009, 10:46 AM
Sat night was good:smt030:smt030

Unfortunately pain killers required food in belly, but Sunday breaky was just: :smt078

Jarro
19th November 2009, 10:47 AM
You were on fire mate, painkillers or not 8)

Grunt
19th November 2009, 10:57 AM
DC, did alot of firsts at these Champs.

We saw him Eat, twice:shock:
He went to bed early:shock:

PeteyD
19th November 2009, 11:03 AM
You were on fire mate, painkillers or not 8)

At least my feet stayed on the ground ... :D

Jarro
19th November 2009, 11:17 AM
At least my feet stayed on the ground ... :D

Like i had a choice with those two gorillas around :roll:

At least i didn't go to bed early.

Daves
19th November 2009, 11:22 AM
Like i had a choice with those two gorillas around :roll:You are lucky Hux didn't try to throw you too!:mrgreen:

Actually! there is an idea for next year's champs!:lol:

Eag's
19th November 2009, 11:35 AM
Would have to be the first Champs where nobody did anything really worth reporting Rich. We were a very well- behaved bunch this year.
PeteyD was good entertainment later on though :lol:

Grunt
19th November 2009, 11:41 AM
Not sure if there was any favourite moment for me, was on the whole just a great all round event. Poker was fun until I got bored and bet myself out of the game.
Maybe the reason it was quiet was the people that fire everyone up were not there. If So who was it? G69, Jack or Flowergirl?

AndyP
19th November 2009, 11:43 AM
So what was so exciting that happened the year before?

Eag's
19th November 2009, 11:51 AM
Flourgirl flashed us her shirt potatoes !

Sms could of stood in for her this year ;)

sms316
19th November 2009, 11:53 AM
GGF!

Eag's
19th November 2009, 11:56 AM
:smt056

sms316
19th November 2009, 11:59 AM
:smt075

Grunt
19th November 2009, 12:13 PM
Even SMS behaved

Maybe 2009 was Year of the subdued Champs

sms316
19th November 2009, 12:21 PM
Now that I think about it, here is my memorable moment;

Grunt was driving us back to my place after the Sunday prezzos. We were behind a car full of 18 yo boys who were taking photos of us (holding their mobile phones through the sun roof). Grunt overtook them so I decided to hold up my mobile to take a pic from the passenger seat.

The passenger in the other car then proceeded to hold up a hand gun. :shock::shock:

If I could transfer the pic from my mobile to computer I would put the pic up.

I hope it was a fake, but even so it put me on the back foot for a second.

Eag's
19th November 2009, 12:24 PM
WTF!! :shock:

Grunt
19th November 2009, 12:25 PM

Grunt was driving us back to my place after the Sunday prezzos. We were behind a car full of 18 yo boys who were taking photos of us (holding their mobile phones through the sun roof). Grunt overtook them so I decided to hold up my mobile to take a pic from the passenger seat.

The passenger in the other car then proceeded to hold up a hand gun. :shock::shock:

Was certainly different that incident.
They were poking the phone out of the roof from the point where we got back on the Bruce Highway. I though it was a car load of OzGolfers so I pulled up alongside. SMS then tells me they have a gun! Quickly got ahead of them. Was certainly a weird moment

henno
19th November 2009, 12:25 PM

MMS it to someone who can (I can, but I don't have the cable on me right now). Or email it if your phone can do that.

Grunt
19th November 2009, 12:27 PM
Send it to me I can transfer, I think.

sms316
19th November 2009, 12:27 PM
Someone PM their mobile number who can transfer it.

sms316
19th November 2009, 12:28 PM
Sent.

Grunt
19th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Trying to upload now, Will get it on here asap. Will need to zoom in a bit to see the pistol.

Yossarian
19th November 2009, 05:18 PM
Thats ****ing crazy!

henno
19th November 2009, 05:19 PM
Send it to me SMS. Grant's clearly hopeless. ;-)

I'll be home in a hour, and I'll upload it then.

Jarro
19th November 2009, 05:22 PM
This better be worth the wait :roll:

Grunt
19th November 2009, 05:26 PM
Having a few Nokia dramas here should be up soon

Grunt
19th November 2009, 05:26 PM

Not that good

Grunt
19th November 2009, 06:39 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7695/gunpic.jpg

Passenger has pistol in hand

markTHEblake
19th November 2009, 06:46 PM
We had free range balls and Pete saw 2 buckets at the doorway to the pro shop and picked one up. The guy had bought 2 and got all upset. PeteyD called pete back and he replaced it and the guy just went on about it. We were laying bets as they walked to the range if the fight would start before or after the bridge.

Apparently he also abused Pete of something along the lines of possibly nicking his golf clubs as well.

Now that explains the real funny look I got from him long after the after the PetethePilot, and the SHUSH incident - he had two buckets of balls!

When i originally got to my spot on the range, there was already someone elses bag propped up against the bag holder i used, and buckets of balls everywhere, am pretty sure the bag was an ozgolfers, cos there was hardly anyone else there.

by the time i was ready to leave cos I had finished my bucket, most of the Ozgolfers had gone, and there is a bag in the same spot and a full bucket of balls underneath them, and he was hitting from the spot next to me.

So I am thinking one of us has might left his clubs behind, so I ask the grumpy old gun "are these clubs yours?"

So the poor old buggar was probably thinking one of us is gunna nick his clubs or bucket again :razz:

sms316
19th November 2009, 09:35 PM

Not that good
Sorry. I'll try harder next time when someone pulls a gun out in front of me.

Choppa
19th November 2009, 10:14 PM
They must have been from Caboolture. That's just normal.

adlo
19th November 2009, 10:57 PM

What a douche

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2009, 11:18 PM
Why doesn't fun stuff like that ever happen to me?

He should have handed the bucket back to him upside down with the way he was carrying on.

Jarro
20th November 2009, 08:09 AM
yep, somebody should've given the old prick a real gobful !!

Buncha chickenshits :p

PeteyD
20th November 2009, 08:22 AM
I told him to calm down it was just a misunderstanding. Stupid old wanker

AndyP
20th November 2009, 08:42 AM
After I heard about it, I went to chat some to some of the other guys near him. But only during his backswing. I didn't want to push it too much though, as tempting as it was.

Eag's
20th November 2009, 09:04 AM
Damn I missed the whole thing, sounds like an old cranky prick.

Iain
20th November 2009, 01:41 PM
He was an idiot alright, I remember SMS looked at me in disbelief, no idea what to say!!

markTHEblake
20th November 2009, 06:48 PM
Damn I missed the whole thing, sounds like an old cranky prick.

he is a rum drinker.

Hux
21st November 2009, 03:56 PM

I'd like that pic and a rego number. We have some blokes in black that love doing the follow up visits :twisted::twisted:

Got reminded the other day of a job where an asian drug dealer threatened to shoot an off duty asian cop - he had a real rethink after the visit. Sight of a gun up close & personal makes you rethink your desire to threaten people.

peter_rs
22nd November 2009, 08:52 PM
the whole weekend

Ned
22nd November 2009, 10:23 PM
Sunday - 6th Hole (Par 3) - dc68, Nudgee and BV watching yours truly go from front bunker to back bunker to back onto back edge of the green (about 50 feet from the hole).

dc68 - "aaahhh so lets see how good you are putting this one with the wedge"

NK - "normally pretty crap on the longer ones"

Short of the post, one 50 footer rolled for a single putt!!!!!!!!!:smt044

By the 17th hole all three of them were using the wedge for putting!!!8-)

sms316
22nd November 2009, 10:24 PM
On course moonings.

Ned
22nd November 2009, 10:28 PM
On course moonings.

That 6th hole again!!!!!!!!!!!!!