PDA

View Full Version : Golf Teacher

GolfBallWhackerGuy
16th November 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi,

Im interested in getting lessons to help me find a decent golf swing.

Any one know of a good teacher in the Sydney area? If so, what do they offer that others might not.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

sms316
16th November 2009, 04:42 PM
What part of Sydney?

GolfBallWhackerGuy
16th November 2009, 04:50 PM
I live in Strathfield but willing to drive 30+ mins in any direction if it means that Im getting my money's worth.
Cheers

Captain Nemo
17th November 2009, 10:10 AM
I go to Geoff Murtha at Moore Park.
This is his spiel:
http://images.miclub.com.au/upload/moorepark/wysiwyg/tuition/2009%20Geoff%20Murtha%20Prof%20Profile.pdf

Didnt try and change my swing, got me swinging like a modified stack-and-tilt, more weight on front foot and just turn shoulders etc....
I recommend him, there are others there as well who get good results.
L

3oneday
17th November 2009, 10:13 AM
Wouldn't you just go to Homebush ?, the range there. It depends on your level and what you are hoping to achieve I guess, maybe less of a whacker and more of a striper ?

symowallo
17th November 2009, 10:27 AM
I go to Geoff Murtha at Moore Park.
This is his spiel:
http://images.miclub.com.au/upload/moorepark/wysiwyg/tuition/2009%20Geoff%20Murtha%20Prof%20Profile.pdf

Didnt try and change my swing, got me swinging like a modified stack-and-tilt, more weight on front foot and just turn shoulders etc....
I recommend him, there are others there as well who get good results.
L

I vote for Geoff Murtha at Moore Park too. He's awesome. I'll be on my third group lesson with him next Sunday and the difference he made in my game so far has been unbelievable. He keeps it simple and is very patient. Heck, I was almost an hour late to my class and he stayed on for a bit longer to help me out. I'm really happy with his techniques. He had me make a change to my grip and my slice has been cut by 80%. I've progressed further in my group lessons than I ever did in my 2 private lessons elsewhere.

My missus is getting group lessons at Hudson Park on Wednesday nights from Kylie (don't know her surname) - she's a Pro based at Marrickville Golf Club. She also says that she's very good, very patient and really knows her stuff.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
17th November 2009, 10:35 AM
Cheers Guys. Much appreciated.

3oneday
17th November 2009, 10:35 AM
Kylie Moulds, pretty sure this is the girl who's Dad was Pro out at Windsor for years and years.

symowallo
17th November 2009, 02:04 PM
Kylie Moulds, pretty sure this is the girl who's Dad was Pro out at Windsor for years and years.

Yeah that's her. The missus likes her teaching style and her game has come forward in leaps and bounds since she started her group lessons with Kylie Moulds. Her confidence has shot up 200%.

symowallo
17th November 2009, 03:41 PM
Cheers Guys. Much appreciated.

I like your user name :razz: Gee, wonder where it came from!!!!