PDA

View Full Version : Mid Week rounds

peter_rs
16th February 2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some guys or girls to play 9 or 18 holes mid week early morning or late arvo(or on weekends) on a regular bases. I live in the city and work south side.

My AGU says I'm a hacker but I'm looking to improve, so any level welcome.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Peter

Trung
16th February 2005, 08:34 AM
welcome to the site Peter :D

There are many shift workers here :wink:

Are you a member of any Brissie club?

AndyP
16th February 2005, 08:47 AM
There are many shift workers here :wink:
Peter, the site's Brisbane midweek players tend to play their midweek golf at Nudgee GC more often than not.

peter_rs
16th February 2005, 10:30 AM
No I a member at Middle Ridge in Toowoomba, I have moved to brisbane for work and I have been here for 2 years so it looks like im staying

I get Reciprocal Rights at
Virginia
Redland bay
pacific
ashgrove
redcliffe
gailes

I looking to join a brisbane club soon. I don't mind paying if the course is good.

peter_rs
16th February 2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome. The North and South courses are both nice. however I do have issuse with the 18th on the South for some reason.

terryand
16th February 2005, 11:52 AM
Welcome Peter, I'm sure you will find plenty of taker for mid week golf.

Myself being one of them on the odd occasion :wink:

Terry.

davidp
16th February 2005, 12:25 PM
Another Toowoombite!! Peter, I'm a member of City G.C but live in Brisbane.

Welcome to the site. Only midweek golf I play is when I'm so sick, the only thing that can cure me is the smell of freshly mown greens... :)

Keza_G
16th February 2005, 01:17 PM
G'day Pete...

I'm always up for a round, I usually work Monday mornings and just about always have time for a bash in the arvo's... I am a member at Windaroo and can get on at Riverlakes (cause I work there).

send me a PM whenever you are up for it or just post it and we'll hook up.

Cheers

Keza

PS.... Welcome, by the way, all of these guys n gals are really cool here and some can play golf too !!!

BrisVegas
16th February 2005, 01:52 PM
No I a member at Middle Ridge in Toowoomba, I have moved to brisbane for work and I have been here for 2 years so it looks like im staying

I get Reciprocal Rights at
Virginia
Redland bay
pacific
ashgrove
redcliffe
gailes

I looking to join a brisbane club soon. I don't mind paying if the course is good.

Welcome aboard mate! I'm another Toowoomba guy, now living in Brisbane. If you're ever looking for a game, esp. at Gailes, I'm usually keen. No chance mid-week sorry, but I can often get out on weekends. Gailes has an open comp from around 11am on Sundays.

Look forward to meeting you. 8)

Jarro
16th February 2005, 04:28 PM
Hi Peter, welcome aboard 8)

I'm a member at Nudgee, where i usually play midweek comps.

check back inthe 1st Tee section to see when the next midweek bash is on .... you're more than welcome to join us :)

Onewood
16th February 2005, 07:29 PM
Hi Pete
I'm sorry I'm not like the rest of them :cry: I actually work for a living :P

Unless ofcourse its a Mon, wed or friday, I maybe able to find a little time for 18 holes :wink:

3.00/3.30pm 9hole friday club at logan is good fun 8)

damoocow
16th February 2005, 08:42 PM
onewood wrote

I'm sorry I'm not like the rest of them I actually work for a living

oh is that what you call it Kev ? -

anyway Pete I'll be in for a hit one day - you'll be in good company - I'm a hacker too.

damoocow

peter_rs
17th February 2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcomes.

City is a nice course but not to hard-At the ridge you have to be straight or a wizard to shoot well. So how many toowoomba guys/girls are on this site. I'm playing the ridge sat morning.

As for mid week rounds my standard "work" hours are 8-5 but sense I do a lot of unpaid overtime I can leave early or start late sometimes when work isn't busy. I try to be at work by 10 or leave at 3:30, so I guess it could be 18 holes early in the morn or 9 holes in the arvo(rules out comp)- south side sounds good to me.

Cheers
Peter

Flowergirl
17th February 2005, 08:34 AM
G'day Pete...

I'm always up for a round, I usually work Monday mornings and just about always have time for a bash in the arvo's... I am a member at Windaroo and can get on at Riverlakes (cause I work there).

send me a PM whenever you are up for it or just post it and we'll hook up.

Cheers

Keza

PS.... Welcome, by the way, all of these guys n gals are really cool here and some can play golf too !!!

Welcome Pete......I not a good golfer but I'm one of the cool ones :wink:
I can play midweek - is Melbourne too far for you to travel? :shock:

peter_rs
17th February 2005, 08:44 AM
hi davidp,

I have that sickness once every few months.

Its a good day out.

peter_rs
17th February 2005, 08:49 AM
I like fast cars but not that fast.

Melbourne is a little far, but I want to get down to the sand belt for some golf sometime this year.

BrisVegas
17th February 2005, 02:11 PM
City is a nice course but not to hard-At the ridge you have to be straight or a wizard to shoot well. So how many toowoomba guys/girls are on this site.

Peter,

The City members that I know of are...

BrisVegas
davidp
jaster
goughy

In addition, stoney is an ex-Middle Ridge member.

Dion

peter_rs
17th February 2005, 03:08 PM
So is City cheap that so many of you guys are still members. Do you guys play up their much?

BrisVegas
18th February 2005, 07:27 AM
So is City cheap that so many of you guys are still members. Do you guys play up their much?

Yes. Country membership is around $250. Jaster and Goughy live in Toowoomba. I live in Brisbane and rarely play there (twice last year). I think davidP is similar to me in that respect.

I've just been a member there so long I couldn't be bothered joining anywhere else. Given that I don't play much more than twice a month and always at somewhere different, the City membership is still useful. I could probably save $150 and get an Emerald Lakes or similar "hcap membership", but I'm pretty attached to Toowoomba now. It's nice to go in there to the bistro etc when I'm visiting family and "feel" like a member. 8)