PDA

View Full Version : WA: 2010 OzGolf Sandgroper Championship, EOI and info thread.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 08:23 AM
Cored greens at Busso = Saturday course change. OP updated, and a big thanks to OMS for doing the running around on that one.

Another big thing is to confirm numbers.

Here is the list, from the conversations in this thread, I really only need to hear from NUFFIE and Tiger. Yoss, it looks like G69 is leaving the door open for you. Hopefully he is not leaving the back door open.......

1. Adlo
2. simmsy
3. JC
4. ID
5. TF
6. Zeus
7. Daz_Golfer
8. Bergsey
9. NUFFIE
10. Paul (KB)
11. Tiger (KB)

Pencil:

Yoss
G69

I'm sure that Nuffie is good for Saturday and Sunday. He'll probably make his way down on Friday evening after work.

bergsey
17th March 2010, 09:59 AM
So what are the form lines like running up to this event?

I know that i've put in 7 solid 0.1's in the last 3 months to be out to 18.9

Feel like a breakthrough is just around the corner though.... maybe the dream will come together at champs

Id and JC got their teams selected yet?

TourFit
17th March 2010, 10:07 AM
My current form is a bit like Laura Davies...lumpy, bumpy & a bit out of proportion, but with some potential lurking to hit a decent golf ball !!!

And back off 10 again...

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2010, 11:14 AM
So what are the form lines like running up to this event?

I know that i've put in 7 solid 0.1's in the last 3 months to be out to 18.9

Feel like a breakthrough is just around the corner though.... maybe the dream will come together at champs

Id and JC got their teams selected yet?

I went and had a lesson last week as I'm in the process of changing my swing to hit it higher.

The first thing he wanted to do? Lower my ball flight.

I'm hoping to get a few hits in before the weekend, or I could be in trouble.

My current physique is a bit like Laura Davies...lumpy, bumpy & a bit out of proportion, but with some potential to eat a lot of pies !!!

And back off 10 again...

Fixed it for you!

adlo
17th March 2010, 11:57 AM
The teams will be picked in a live draw, I will tee that up with id and JC.

I have zero form, have not thought about golf for the past few weeks. Hoping to have a hit this Saturday to get back into it.

My tips: simmsy or Zeus. If Yoss rocks up, he has to be a chance.

Zeusgolf
17th March 2010, 01:36 PM
Nuffie is a definate he is coming down on Friday evening for Poker Hooker night......

Zeusgolf
17th March 2010, 01:38 PM
I have no form at the moment, haven't played to handicap since Sydney trip.....

Zeusgolf
17th March 2010, 01:40 PM
Simmsy what time do you want me over you place ?????

sxt me your addy as well........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexting

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 02:42 PM
I'm down to 11 from 14 last time. Last couple of rounds have been crap should be 12 by the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergsey
17th March 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm down to 11 from 14 last time

Good shooting Vic

So the handicaps at the moment look like this?

Adlo - 14
Simmsy - ?
JC - 4
ID - 11
TF - 10
Zeus - ?
Daz_Golfer - ?
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 6 ?
Paul ?
Tiger ?

Bruce Dickinson
17th March 2010, 05:06 PM
69er is no chance as he won't be on site at Wembley until after Easter

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2010, 05:17 PM
Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15 a few weeks ago
JC - 4
ID - 11
TF - 10
Zeus - ?
Daz_Golfer - ?
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 6 ? thought it was 7, he mentioned it once or twice. Could have changed.
Paul 16
Tiger 9

Pieface
17th March 2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder what would happen to Adlo & Zues if they put more cards in. Decent chops I reckon!

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 06:33 PM
Daz-golfer played Chequers on Saturday and he hit net 78 off 9.
Played Lakelands the next day and hit 35 pts. He hasn't played much of late.

I'm 11.4 and have been giving up 0.1 last couple of weeks. So not sure how I'll play on Saturday which will be my last round before Champs.

I think updated:
Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15
JC - 4
ID - 11
TF - 10
Zeus - 14?
Daz_Golfer - 9
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 7
Paul - 16
Tiger 9

Golfnut
17th March 2010, 06:43 PM
I'm still in for the Friday shenanigans if that's still ok!!!

Yossarian
17th March 2010, 09:04 PM
That is a shame 69'r, but good for me, I am looking more likely with every passing day. As for form, well I don't know about that.

Daz_Golfa
17th March 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks ID, 9 is ok.

simmsy
17th March 2010, 10:09 PM
Daz-golfer played Chequers on Saturday and he hit net 78 off 9.
Played Lakelands the next day and hit 35 pts. He hasn't played much of late.

I'm 11.4 and have been giving up 0.1 last couple of weeks. So not sure how I'll play on Saturday which will be my last round before Champs.

I think updated:
Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15
JC - 4
ID - 11
TF - 10
Zeus - 14?
Daz_Golfer - 9
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 7
Paul - 16
Tiger 9

Geez, IDG I reckon i'd put 50 on the fact you'll shoot <34pts and go out .1 and be a nice cuddly 12 for the champs.;)

Yep i'm off 15 cant get a game in between now and next w'end. Form has been ok with me breaking h/c for a good string of games up till my last one.

New wedges, hybrids and driver so nothing is sure, that is sure.

I like NUFFIE'S form the guy is a rock! a little thin rock, but a rock all the same.:lol:

bergsey
17th March 2010, 11:07 PM
I think updated:
Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15
JC - 4
ID - 11
TF - 10
Zeus - 14?
Daz_Golfer - 9
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 7
Paul - 16
Tiger 9

Oh oh i'm the chopper in the group !!... hope you guys won't mind me holding you back

Yossarian
17th March 2010, 11:08 PM
I'll probably be in there bergsey, off 23, so that makes me the chopper.

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Lock it in:
Saturday Group:

Nuffie
Tiger
Fit
Yoss.

The arguments will be a plenty.

Yossarian
17th March 2010, 11:37 PM
Please no. I don't deserve that do I?

Zeusgolf
17th March 2010, 11:39 PM
Man I want to be in the group in front so I can see them on the green.....

Yossarian
17th March 2010, 11:43 PM
Ha.

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 12:08 AM
Can we record and stream that round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simmsy
18th March 2010, 12:08 AM
Please no. I don't deserve that do I?

with the way you've been behaving of late, that is exactly what you deserve.

Yossarian
18th March 2010, 12:11 AM
Get ****ed! You are the one who was peering through windows you pervert you. Moral of the story, never let a seedy old man with risque ball markers know where you live.

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 12:16 AM
Geez, IDG I reckon i'd put 50 on the fact you'll shoot
I probably will get back to 12. I don't know how to throw out the anchor. On Saturday, I'll either shoot 40 points or 20 points in trying to go low.

12 is hardly comfortable for my style of play!

simmsy
18th March 2010, 12:27 AM
you're way too modest id.

MegaWatty
18th March 2010, 12:32 AM
Come to KB on Saturday ID. ;)

simmsy
18th March 2010, 01:10 AM
Can anyone hook us up with NTP markers.

We need 4 NTP
and 2 LD as well.

MegaWatty
18th March 2010, 01:13 AM
Surely TF could whip something up in the workshop!

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 01:43 AM
Come to KB on Saturday ID. ;)

Sorry can't - daughter's got Horse riding in the morning - my job to take her. Would do otherwise.

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 01:44 AM

We need 4 NTP
and 2 LD as well.
old CD covers with popsicle sticks?

simmsy
18th March 2010, 07:14 AM
ID can you eat 1/2doz icecreams on the way down please.

or maybe we could buy Yoss some GheyTimes i here he loves GheyTimes.

simmsy
18th March 2010, 07:18 AM
JC - Could you give us all a rundown on how the "Canadian" Matchplay format is going to work on Friday at KB please, otherwise KAOS will follow us around the course all day.

Also what's happening at B'up are we having a matchplay comp or a betting bonanza??

adlo
18th March 2010, 09:27 AM
B'up is skins game. Individual.

Golfnut, of course you can join.

I will make NTP/LD markers.

So handicaps are:

Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15
JC - 4
ID - 11 (soon to be 12, apparently)
TF - 10
Zeus - 14
Daz_Golfer - 9
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 7
Paul - 16
Tiger 9
Yoss 23

bergsey
18th March 2010, 10:38 AM

We need 4 NTP
and 2 LD as well.

You are assuming that someone will hit fairways and greens

Is the LD the straightest long drive? if it's distance only then surely JC will be taking the cash before it starts?... otherwise pick a hole he has to lay up on :)

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2010, 12:55 PM
You are assuming that someone will hit fairways and greens

Is the LD the straightest long drive? if it's distance only then surely JC will be taking the cash before it starts?... otherwise pick a hole he has to lay up on :)

Mate, after the lesson I have had, I might not be hitting anything stronger than a 2 hybrid on the trip. (That's still long enough to get Simmsy by about 25m)

JC - Could you give us all a rundown on how the "Canadian" Matchplay format is going to work on Friday at KB please, otherwise KAOS will follow us around the course all day.

Also what's happening at B'up are we having a matchplay comp or a betting bonanza??

The matchplay format will be announced later this weekend. There will be 3 separate games, Ryder Cup style over the 18 holes. Count on Ambrose being one of them, Russian stableford (multiplied stableford scores on the individual holes) being another. Not sure on the other 6.

FYI, the word you are looking for is CHAOS. KAOS are the bad guys in "Get Smart".

Man I want to be in the group in front so I can see them on the green.....

I can't wait for Tiger's famous "green etiquette. He'll stand directly in line with where you are aiming and then argue that he is nowhere near the line of the hole if you ask him to move. He doesn't factor the break into where he chooses to stand and gets offended when you ask him to move.

I'll take the group behind. The group in front is in danger of being hit by a flying putter. Tiger's one-handed throw is awesome in terms of distance.

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 01:02 PM

I'll eat the ice creams on the way there just in case.

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2010, 01:35 PM
Kennedy will supply NTPs on the day. I can make some up for the other courses.

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 01:43 PM
I'll still probably eat the ice creams - hopefully they won't spill in Bergsey's car.

TourFit
18th March 2010, 03:17 PM
lock it in:
Saturday group:

Nuffie
tiger
fit
yoss.

The arguments will be a plenty.

prizes withdrawn....

idgolfguy
18th March 2010, 03:49 PM
I'm happyto be in that group. Just to experience life in the full.

Pieface
18th March 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm happyto be in that group. Just to experience life in the full surround sound.

You'll have plenty of popsicle sticks to stab your eardrums out with at least :)

adlo
18th March 2010, 10:44 PM
JC, I already offered re NTP markers. I have a simple solution sorted already.

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2010, 11:08 PM
I missed that. No worries. Less work for me.

I'm so pumped about this weekend. Just need to get a little more familiar with the modified swing.

The Big Man is really looking forward to it as well.

Now that we've talked about it, we have to make the Nuffster, Fit, Tiger, Yoss group. Lock it in for Sat!

If someone gets into it with Tiger on Friday night, we reserve the right to sub them in Yoss' place.

Yossarian
18th March 2010, 11:13 PM
I am out. ;)

adlo
18th March 2010, 11:19 PM
Of the closet?

JC, we need to hook up a live draw with you and id on this site, sometime soon. I am not really pumped about the champs, I am too knackered. I'll be happy once we are down there.

Who is not playing Friday? Is NUFFIE the only no? And Golfnut can take his place to make even numbers.

Anyone else? I am going to struggle to make it, but I will pull some strings.

Yossarian
18th March 2010, 11:20 PM
No i am out if that is the grouping. :D I am in for friday.

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2010, 11:30 PM
If we can get a confirmed list of Friday starters, Captain Canuck will need a day to formulate a plan and prospective pairings and then will participate in a live draft.

Time to get in trouble by telling the wife I need the TV for UFC on One HD.

adlo
18th March 2010, 11:36 PM
Friday list is definite. Pieface is out, MegaWatty is out.

As long as Paul and Tiger are in, we have 12 (ie the champs list minus Nuffie, plus Golfnut).

JC
Adlo
Simmsy
TourFit
Daz_Golfa
Bergsey
Yoss
Zeus
Golfnut
Paul
Tiger

And the opposing captain iTree

Zeusgolf
18th March 2010, 11:46 PM

I got a box of pop sticks....

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2010, 11:56 PM
The Big Man is 100%. Tiger says he's 100%, but I will confirm again tomorrow as you never know with him. We also have ZRW as a backup. I haven't seen/heard from him in ages. Tiger and ZRW, although off different handicaps, would be similar picks in a team match play game.

THE STAKES: This is important!

The stakes will be a PINT at some point in the weekend with the result based on the overall Team Match score. Those only playing on the Friday MUST claim or pay their PINT before leaving Kennedy Bay.

For example, If my team wins and the pairing of Aldo and Nuffie were on my team and played against Golfnut and Tiger, Golfnut MUST pay his PINT before leaving and either Aldo or Nuffie MUST consume the aforementioned PINT before leaving on the journey to Binningup.

If all players are heading south, for example, if Aldo and Nuffie played against ID and The Big Man (team height differential 1.2m), they have the rest of the weekend to claim said PINT.

IMPORTANT: If this PINT is not bought and consumed, it is becomes the Captain's pint and the offending NON-CONSUMERS, MUST both buy the winning Captain a PINT during the weekend.

For example, in the above example, if Aldo and Nuffie did not consume said PINT, they MUST put their gold coins together and buy the Captain a PINT each.

These provisions are in place NOT to get the Captain a free beer or two (although it is nice), but to ensure that we remain men over the weekend and to ensure that Yoss' gheyness doesn't rub off on us (bad choice of words) over the weekend.

For once, I have made the rules before the game.

adlo
19th March 2010, 12:08 AM
Good rules too. Nice one.

Yossarian
19th March 2010, 12:19 AM
So we are trying to encourage drink driving over long distances. Sweet, I hope I roll with simmsy cause he is no chance of winning anything! :D

simmsy
19th March 2010, 12:49 AM
yeah great choice of stakes JC - let's drink drive with the liquor squad in the seat next to me.

maybe the pint can be drank by all prior to the tee off at b'up?

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 12:52 AM
Negative, old man.

1 PINT will not put you over.

There are only a handful of Friday only players that may have to pay up before they leave, so chances are, you're pretty safe.

Bring on the Captain's PINTS!

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 12:53 AM
On a side note, if you want to make/modify the rules, try winning.

idgolfguy
19th March 2010, 03:11 AM
Do they do Guinness at KB? I can drink a pint of that quite easily and enjoy it. It's the beer that I don't like.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 03:47 AM
they used to have it in cans. don't worry, you're not going to win.

idgolfguy
19th March 2010, 09:22 AM
We'll see Mr Goliath!

Yossarian
19th March 2010, 12:41 PM
Ok I am a lock for this. You can all apologise for calling me ghey now.

MegaWatty
19th March 2010, 12:46 PM
You were always going to play! You just like creating your own publicity Bingle style!

idgolfguy
19th March 2010, 01:16 PM
Yossol Bingle!

Yossarian
19th March 2010, 01:17 PM
As nice as it is to feel loved. My motivations were pure from the start.

bergsey
19th March 2010, 01:39 PM
Ok I am a lock for this. You can all apologise for calling me ghey now.

We'll need to consider your application and will get back to you

TourFit
19th March 2010, 01:54 PM
We'll need to consider your application and will get back to you

:smt038 Excellent Riposte Bergsey...two or three referees???

Oh and BTW, simmsy only has a 'sliver of liver' left, so a pint may well put him over :mrgreen:

JC, if you (and your 'team') win at KB will you sneak back on later with cigars and champagne to gloat???

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 01:57 PM
You were always going to play! You just like creating your own publicity ZIGWAH style!

You're still ghey, but at least you're making the trip.

Tiger is a nutter Lock.

When are we going to draft I-tree?

idgolfguy
19th March 2010, 02:18 PM
Sent a text to you, JC.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 02:53 PM
We'll do a live drive over the weekend and then get together next week to pair them up, Ryder Cup style.

bergsey
19th March 2010, 04:18 PM
We'll do a live drive over the weekend and then get together next week to pair them up, Ryder Cup style.

You'll have to give us some notice so that we can tune in.

simmsy
19th March 2010, 10:43 PM
So just a quick update on the accom.

$660 for the weekend in total for the house so if we have a solid 11 punters then $60 each please lads. Cash is fine, though if anyone wants to d/d into my account before hand then that is good too. All money needs to be paid up by the weekend.

If we have any divers amongst us, there is usually a pretty good spread of crays just out from the house, or if anyone want to go salmon fishing this is one of the best beaches in dunsborough area for that.

Can anyone bring an esky, or can someone take TourFit's BIG esky from Duns to Capel on the Sunday??

I will be bringing a 60L esky but would be good to have another one or two for beers and stuff.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 10:58 PM
I'm having a few drinks now. There's a few on line. If id shows up, I'll be good for a draft in an hour.

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:03 PM
you must be drinking, there's only me and you that are playing and online.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 11:06 PM
Giddy up. I thought Bergsey was around, but I didn't check the time of his post.

Yoss will show up sooner or later.

Aldo has adopted the persona of the reclusive Joaquin, so we might not see him.

Zeusgolf
19th March 2010, 11:07 PM
The Big Man is 100%. Tiger says he's 100%, but I will confirm again tomorrow as you never know with him. We also have ZRW as a backup. I haven't seen/heard from him in ages. Tiger and ZRW, although off different handicaps, would be similar picks in a team match play game.

THE STAKES: This is important!

The stakes will be a PINT at some point in the weekend with the result based on the overall Team Match score. Those only playing on the Friday MUST claim or pay their PINT before leaving Kennedy Bay.

For example, If my team wins and the pairing of Aldo and Nuffie were on my team and played against Golfnut and Tiger, Golfnut MUST pay his PINT before leaving and either Aldo or Nuffie MUST consume the aforementioned PINT before leaving on the journey to Binningup.

If all players are heading south, for example, if Aldo and Nuffie played against ID and The Big Man (team height differential 1.2m), they have the rest of the weekend to claim said PINT.

IMPORTANT: If this PINT is not bought and consumed, it is becomes the Captain's pint and the offending NON-CONSUMERS, MUST both buy the winning Captain a PINT during the weekend.

For example, in the above example, if Aldo and Nuffie did not consume said PINT, they MUST put their gold coins together and buy the Captain a PINT each.

These provisions are in place NOT to get the Captain a free beer or two (although it is nice), but to ensure that we remain men over the weekend and to ensure that Yoss' gheyness doesn't rub off on us (bad choice of words) over the weekend.

For once, I have made the rules before the game.

Oh man I bags seeing Capt. ID drinking pints.....

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 11:09 PM
Hey Zeus, you going to have some sleep heading into this weekend?

Zeusgolf
19th March 2010, 11:10 PM
Ok if ghey boy is joining us am I still going with you Simmsy ???

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 11:11 PM
If there are bunk beds, I think the NAGA should have to sleep on the bunk under The Big Man.

Zeusgolf
19th March 2010, 11:11 PM
Hey Zeus, you going to have some sleep heading into this weekend?

Yep having a day off on Thurs before....and got my SC divot tool back so i have found some form....shot a clean 39 yesturday.....

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:12 PM
yeah mate all good the ghey one with green gloves has to find another way down, cant fit 3 this trip.

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:14 PM
If there are bunk beds, I think the NAGA should have to sleep on the bunk under The Big Man.

it's worth price of admission to see the big guy get onto the top bunk, and if it's me who's naga after day 1, i'm moving my mattress.

Zeusgolf
19th March 2010, 11:14 PM
yeah mate all good the ghey one with green gloves has to find another way down, cant fit 3 this trip.

Cheers mate.......

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 11:17 PM
Zeus with sleep = form.

Bunk under the big man = death.

Another thing about the big man, I have NEVER seen him when he hasn't had horrible gas.

MegaWatty
19th March 2010, 11:18 PM
Zeus,

You wanna join Simmsy and I on the Thursday? I've booked us in off the first, but there's a full slot left at 7:41 off the 10th if you want in?

MegaWatty
19th March 2010, 11:19 PM
This big guy....Who you talking about?

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:22 PM
he's 6'18" and 225kg and hit's the ball so far he can outdrive JC with just a 9iron and uses golf balls as ear plugs while he sleeps in the top bunk.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2010, 11:24 PM
BIG Paul. I'll point him out tomorrow. 6'9, 150kg. Clubs 7 degrees upright and 2-2.5 inches over standard. 38" putter.

MegaWatty
19th March 2010, 11:26 PM
Small.

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:28 PM
Small penis.

careful MW, you maybe a red head but that don't scare everyone.

Zeusgolf
19th March 2010, 11:28 PM
Zeus,

You wanna join Simmsy and I on the Thursday? I've booked us in off the first, but there's a full slot left at 7:41 off the 10th if you want in?

Sorry mate I booked my wife into a day spa for the day as a surprise (part guilt about champs, sydney blah blah blah) so i will be looking after the young fella.....

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:30 PM
and i always put you on a pedestal as a rock hard man.

disappointed.

simmsy
19th March 2010, 11:37 PM
Zeus,

MW - i'm no cert. for this thursday sorry mate, gotta make sure a few things are sorted for work before the long w'end.

keep me in, im just a bit doubtful atm.

adlo
20th March 2010, 12:49 AM
Hurry up with the draft already.

Zeusgolf
20th March 2010, 12:53 AM
Hurry up with the draft already.

+1

simmsy
20th March 2010, 12:54 AM
+2, wheres IDG?

simmsy
20th March 2010, 12:55 AM
Do i get a sign on bonus if i go in the top three?

is there an allocated salary cap?

adlo
20th March 2010, 01:09 AM
No salary cap, just alternate picks with JC picking first.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 01:35 AM
Sorry gents - spending time with the Mrs. Forgot to tell her about next weekend. She was a little surprised to say the least. All good now!

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 01:37 AM
+2, wheres IDG?
Didn't realise we were going to pick the team this evening.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 01:41 AM
I was thinking if we ballot the players and JC pulls out the first two names and he gets to chose the first and I take the second and then we alternate - I take out the next two names and choose my pick and JC gets the second. Then, it's back to JC to take out the third pair of names and so on. I've not done the Ryder cup thing before. Also no hurt feelings for those who are more emo than the rest.

What do you think JC, adds a bit of the Golfing God factor? How about we make a time on Sunday evening or night if you want to do this live.

Adlo or someone else could draw each pair of names online and we make our picks.

simmsy
20th March 2010, 01:58 AM
yeah that sounds good, that way you get a little more say in who you get, as opposed to pure dumb luck.

You two get together, post up here what time you are doing it so most of us can tune in. maybe sunday night if not sooner.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 02:02 AM
yeah that sounds good, that way you get a little more say in who you get, as opposed to pure dumb luck.

You two get together, post up here what time you are doing it so most of us can tune in. maybe sunday night if not sooner.

I'll SMS JC tomorrow afternoon to see if we can organise a time.

simmsy
20th March 2010, 02:05 AM
sounds like a plan, unlike your forward planning telling your lovely about next w'end.

Golfnut
20th March 2010, 02:13 AM
^^^ I reckon......they sure broke the mould when they made your missus ID, I haven't met her and already I think she's tops. :)

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 02:14 AM
sounds like a plan, unlike your forward planning telling your lovely about next w'end.
I must have done something good in a past life to get a wonderful wife like her.

Went to Sydney with Zeus for a golf weekend.
The very next weekend stayed in Mandurah to play golf with the old guys (didn't tell her that it was an overnighter then too)
Played Saturday and Sunday the next week.
Played 36 holes last week
Playing next weekend without telling her.

After Champs, going to have to pull my head in and spend more time at home for a while at least.

Golfnut
20th March 2010, 02:17 AM
Just like butter ID.....your on a roll. Quality time with the missus is a very good idea me thinks after that run.

Johnny Canuck
20th March 2010, 10:32 AM
I like ID's idea.

I also like the draft pick idea just to see Tourfit go last.

adlo
20th March 2010, 08:30 PM
Just to confirm, it will be a DRAFT. That is, JC takes first choice of the 10 players not including captains. ID takes second choice and SO ON down to pick #10.

This will be SUNDAY NIGHT, JC AND ID please let us know when. JC and ID are then going to make pairs and organise the draw, Ryder Cup style, on Monday and post for us to see.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 08:52 PM
Anytime Sunday evening is fine by me.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 09:06 PM
JC and I have arranged to do the team selection from 10 pm tonight.

For those that get picked at the late end of proceedings. It is not about your golfing ability but more to do with our individual strategic approach.

Yossarian
20th March 2010, 09:07 PM
Very diplomatic id, tourfit is a big boy he want take it too hard ;)

Yossarian
20th March 2010, 09:51 PM
Oh and can I catch a ride with someone please? :) You'll get to hang out with me and i can regale you with funny anecdotes and my stories of my crazy life.

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 10:30 PM
What's the definitive players' list for Friday's event.

Johnny Canuck
20th March 2010, 10:36 PM
Yoss, I should have a bigger car and should be able to fit all of my gear and Aldo's in the boot. We can put yours in the Tour Van. Where would you leave your car? Aldo's can go in my driveway, would you want yours on the side of the road or can you get a lift from Freo?

Yossarian
20th March 2010, 10:37 PM
What are the chances of it being broken into on the side of the road?

Johnny Canuck
20th March 2010, 10:47 PM
It should be fine. The break ins around here tend to only happen to unlocked cars. As long as you don't mind a little bore water on it, you'll be ok.

Yossarian
20th March 2010, 10:48 PM
Bore water will probably improve it. Sounds good!

Golfnut
20th March 2010, 11:35 PM
JC and I have arranged to do the team selection from 10 pm tonight.

For those that get picked at the late end of proceedings. It is not about your golfing ability but more to do with our individual strategic approach.

Hour and a half to go.......where's Big Kev cause "I'M EXCITED"

idgolfguy
20th March 2010, 11:58 PM
I'm back at the Karaoke restaurent for this birthday party. Looks like we won't be leaving anytime soon. So I will have to keep using the Iphone.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 12:55 AM
List of starters:

Captain Canuck
Captain Golfguy

Adlo
Simmsy
TourFit
Daz_Golfa
Bergsey
Yoss
Zeus
Golfnut
Paul
Tiger

Adlo - 14
Simmsy - 15
JC - 4
ID - 11 (soon to be 12, apparently)
TF - 10
Zeus - 14
Daz_Golfer - 9
Bergsey - 19
NUFFIE - 7
Paul - 16
Tiger 9
Yoss 23

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:02 AM
Ready to start? I'm listening to Elvis live (he's in Belmont) and ready to go!

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:06 AM
alrighty lets do this thing!

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:08 AM
I had to change my avatar to get in "draft mode".

With his first selection in the 2010 OzGolf Sandgroper Championship, Captain Canuck selects his Royal Gheyness:

Yossarian.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:10 AM
I'll be going with Bergsey. It's not about handicap, it's about potential.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:14 AM
Team Canada is proud selects NUFFIEtheGOLFMaN!

simmsy
is there a time limit between picks??

c'mon already this old man wants to go to bed already.

Johnny Canuck
He plays off 7.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:15 AM
beat by "." much!

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:16 AM
Still with JC.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:16 AM
Damn. No Nuffie on Friday.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:17 AM
Team Canada now selects: Zeus!

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:21 AM
Daz_Golfer, have to have an Englishman on th the team.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:25 AM
Team Canada is pleased to announce that Tourfit

is a really good guy, but Team Canada will be selecting The Don Aldo to the almighty side.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:27 AM
Simmsy

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:27 AM
Cool, i thought i was gonna be last given my Ozgolf MP record!!

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:28 AM
Team Canada will throw some intimidation on to the squad and select Tiger.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:32 AM
Tourfit cause it would be handy to have a clubmaker in the team.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:33 AM
I think Tiger will need the clubmaker?

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:34 AM
Team Canada will continue on the intimidation train and selects The Big Man.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:37 AM
Golfnut cause he's taller than me and not because he was last.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:37 AM
Ok then, selections are done and dusted and look something like this:

Team JC - Captain
1. Yoss
2. Zeus
3. The Don
4. Tigger
5. Paul

Team IDG - Captain
1. Bergsey
2. Daz_golfer
3. OMS
4. TourFit
5. GolfNut

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:39 AM
Let the sledging begin ladies.

Well done on your picks JC and IDG - looking forward to see what match ups you guys come up with.

When you look like doing that and releasing the matches?? before Friday??

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:45 AM
The match ups will be decided on Monday.

Simmsy, I just missed out on you. It was between you and The Don. I was hoping to sneak you in after, but no luck. I was talking to Vic while we were drafting and he was thinking the exact same thing.

I'll post the format in a minute.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 01:48 AM
I'll get back on later have to drive home now. Well played Captain.

Nuffie
21st March 2010, 01:49 AM
Spewing I'm not there Friday JC, but maybe next year I'll get it off.

I'll be down there Fri evening though to catch up and hear all the stories about how the match pans out.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 02:15 AM
Keeping with The Ryder Cup style that we have taken on so far, the Friday round at Kennedy Bay will be team match play, with the format changing every 6 holes.

Tees: Blues with the exception of the par 5s, which will be played from the blacks as they improve the holes a ton.

Holes 1 to 6: Russian Stableford - The team members individual stableford scores are multiplied together for a team score.

For example: JC birdies the first for 3 points. His partner, Aldo, pars for 3 points as well. 3x3 = 9 points for the team.
Opponent ID birdies for 4 points, but his partner, Tourfit, hits two in the water and throws a putter, on route to a wipe. 4x0 = 0 points for the team.

JC and Aldo are 1 up.

Holes 7 to 12: Play your partner's drive - On the 7th, Tiger melts his drive down the middle and it stops in the gully, just in front of the green. His partner, Yoss, snap hooks his tee shot on to the 6th tee block. Tiger, must go to Yoss' ball and play that ball until he completes the hole. Yoss will do the same with Tiger's drive, just in front of the green. Tiger ends up scrambling for 1 point. Yoss has an easy putt up the hill and birdies for 4 points. The team score is 4 points as the better score is taken in this format.

Holes 13 to 18: 2 Man Ambrose - The closing holes at KB are usually into the wind, so it is best to save Ambrose until the end. I will provide scorecards that tell you what holes your team gets strokes on.

This will be determined by the following format: 2 man ambrose is always 1/4 handicap. As we are only playing 1/3 of the course like this, divide the handicap by an additional 1/3. Round up or down accordingly.

For Example: The Big Man (16) and Zeus (14) are paired. 30/4 = 7.5 7.5/3 = 2.5 strokes, which rounds up to 3. They will then get shots on the 3 hardest holes from 13 to 18.

Matchplay scoring continues throughout the holes until the match is decided.

The winning team is the group with the most matches won. If somehow, one match is halved and the other two are split, I propose that ID and I go back down 18 in a playoff, similar to last champs at Bunbury.

TourFit
21st March 2010, 02:20 AM
Very diplomatic id, tourfit is a big boy he want take it too hard ;)

Oh and can I catch a ride with someone please? :) You'll get to hang out with me and i can regale you with funny anecdotes and my stories of my crazy life.

NO...nor your clubs!!

Wow...that KB format looks great. Good job, JC (and whoever else).

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 02:45 AM
The KB format should be a blast. I'm looking forward to the play your partner's drive game. I wonder if it will influence who I choose as my partner?

Zeusgolf
21st March 2010, 02:54 AM
I happy to be in Team Canuck...

And if you look closely only one player without local knowledge.......

simmsy
21st March 2010, 12:54 PM
JC - great format you have come up with there mate. can't wait, there will be some interesting situations come up and maybe a few in-team explosions given the temperment of a few of our competitors on both sides.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:05 PM
It's all aboot the pairings.

I'm pretty sure that I have my 3 pairs and I know who I want to play against you!

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:09 PM
bring on Tiger!

Yossarian
21st March 2010, 01:12 PM
Does it hurt having to pick me first?

simmsy
21st March 2010, 01:18 PM
i thought that!

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 01:37 PM
I didn't pick you, I picked your handicap.

Yossarian
21st March 2010, 02:08 PM
Sure sure.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 02:54 PM
The match ups will be decided on Monday.

Simmsy, I just missed out on you. It was between you and The Don. I was hoping to sneak you in after, but no luck. I was talking to Vic while we were drafting and he was thinking the exact same thing.

I'll post the format in a minute.

Don't apologize JC, it shows weakness and i don't like that in someone i'm about to humiliate!!:lol:

bergsey
21st March 2010, 03:04 PM
Holes 7 to 12: Play your partner's drive

I gather that means playing your partners actual ball, not dropping one in its place?

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2010, 03:10 PM
That was the idea. Hopefully people don't lose too many of their partner's pills.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 03:49 PM
ask your partner what type of ball they would like played.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 04:07 PM
I happy to be in Team Canuck...

And if you look closely only one player without local knowledge.......
While local knowledge is important, as Aesop say, 'familiarity breeds contempt.' Even Sun Tzu states; 'When a chieftain is fighting in his own territory, it is dispersive ground.'
I based my selection on players who are strong off the tee. KB and is about confidence. There aren't any hidden holes and you need to be of the mindset that is confident and no second guessing.

1. Bergsey - drives the ball with a gentle draw and hits it like a single handicapper
2. Daz_golfer - consistent and very strong temperament. He can repair his game within a couple of shots and putts like Nuffie.
3. OMS - go to man off the tee early in the round. He will be up on the first three holes which will keep his momentum going. The game format will spur him on to sustain his form.
4. TourFit - long and accurated for about 12 holes. While he does tend to implode near the end, the format of the 18 that JC has come up with is going to be in TF's favour.
5. GolfNut - He has a lot more raw talent than he realises. He'll be using his hybrid off the tee a lot and that will keep him on the fairway. Playing against his handicap, his opponents are going to be frustrated.

JC - great format you have come up with there mate. can't wait, there will be some interesting situations come up and maybe a few in-team explosions given the temperment of a few of our competitors on both sides.
The strategy will be to play the temperament.

1. Yoss - does not handle pressure of competition well on the both instances that I witness him. Expect him to fold within the first three holes based on history.
2. Zeus - going to start well and then his lack of sleep will catchup with him. He'll start thinking of the different golfing methodologies he has stored in his head and will start confusing them all.
3. The Don - will start well on the front 9, if he is not paired with a good finisher, that match is ours.
4. Tigger - don't know him except by reputation. His opponent is going to quiz him on his marriages and his putting alignment. Although a KB member, see Aesop to gauge how successful he will be on the day.
5. Paul - don't know him well enough either. He hasn't been on 16 too long and like most hackers will struggle to play to it. Although a KB member, see Sun Tzu to gauge how successful he will be on the day.

I didn't pick you, I picked your handicap.
Should know that golf is a numbers game. JC and I, being strong matchplay competitors, had similar selections in mind.

That was the idea. Hopefully people don't lose too many of their partner's pills.
Accuracy is dependent on good club selection. Team We_D_Golfguys will pick the club that keeps them on the fairway - not necessarily the longest.

MegaWatty
21st March 2010, 05:01 PM
As Tiger Woods said: "Deep".

Yossarian
21st March 2010, 05:04 PM
Ha! I don't think I have ever played the first three holes at kb anything more than 3 over. It is usually the first par 5 that ****s me.

bergsey
21st March 2010, 06:21 PM
Ha! I don't think I have ever played the first three holes at kb anything more than 3 over. It is usually the first par 5 that ****s me.

Thanks for that tip Yoss, now we know when to start the sledging....

bergsey
21st March 2010, 06:28 PM
Vic, how about blue as our team shirt colour for Friday?

I assume that JC & the sunshine band would have already nabbed hot pink

adlo
21st March 2010, 06:45 PM
Good idea Hansel. What should we were JC? I vote White. I can't do anything ghey like Red. All my golf shirts are white, blue, black or yellow.
I am glad to be on team Canada. We are going to crush the opposition 3-0.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 06:49 PM
Good idea Hansel. What should we were JC? I vote White. I can't do anything ghey like Red. All my golf shirts are white, blue, black or yellow.
I am glad to be on team Canada. We are going to crush the opposition 3-0.

Yeah, cause Yellow is such a manly colour, GOD you sound like Yoss.

adlo
21st March 2010, 06:54 PM
Ha ha, that was low. But hey, what else can I expect, you are the king of low.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm almost the tallest in Team IDG though.

adlo
21st March 2010, 06:57 PM
Classic. Fweaks vs midgets.

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 07:20 PM
What about Bergsey?
Blue sounds good.

simmsy
21st March 2010, 08:02 PM
Blue for the good guys then IDG? Cool i can do that, don't have to buy a shirt for the day.

What's JC going with?? Kumquat?

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 09:15 PM
Light blue or dark blue? Solid or stripes.

bergsey
21st March 2010, 09:33 PM
Light blue or dark blue? Solid or stripes.

Light blue... either solid or stripes. I'm sure adidas do a colour that Tourfit will have :)

idgolfguy
21st March 2010, 09:40 PM
I can do light blue with stripes.

Golfnut
21st March 2010, 11:49 PM
Ha....was planning on wearing one of my new Light Blueish Adidas shirts anyway......great minds eh?

simmsy
21st March 2010, 11:51 PM
bugga, i've only got dark blue. I'll see what i can do before Friday.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 12:44 AM
I've got a white and black shirt I can break out for the occasion if we all like white.

adlo
22nd March 2010, 02:58 AM
It seems to make sense. Lord knows there is no way we could all match your green shirt.

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 03:04 AM
Now we're bringing in the colour thing?

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 11:50 AM
The green shirt would make us stand out. I vote YES!

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 12:11 PM
Team We_D_Golfguys would be green with envy.

Nuffie had a good idea - for those that don't want to be in poker, I will bring my Wii and four controllers.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 12:18 PM
Can you bring Wii Fit for TourFat?

MegaWatty
22nd March 2010, 12:29 PM
Very good ploy!

For those that actually want to be able swing a club, I suggest you stay from the Wii. You'll certainly feel it for a fee days after!

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 12:53 PM
Hmm! Did not think of the injury angle.

TourFit
22nd March 2010, 12:58 PM
Light blue... either solid or stripes. I'm sure adidas do a colour that Tourfit will have :)

I still have extensive choices WITHIN those guidlelines (5 if memory serves me, although one is Ashworth - which is now owned by Adidas anyway!!)

BTW, JC...I'm on a new diet !! Lost 3 kg and 3cm off waist in 1 WEEK. (I'm still fat, but getting thinner now)

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 01:19 PM
BTW, JC...I'm on a new diet !! Lost 3 kg and 3cm off waist in 1 WEEK. (I'm still fat, but getting thinner now)

I'd be interested in that!

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 01:26 PM
Good work, Tony.

MegaWatty
22nd March 2010, 01:36 PM
It's all simpler than you think. 12kg later, and I may even market a book on how simple it can be.

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 01:42 PM
Good work, Tony.

Who's Tony?

TourFit
22nd March 2010, 01:45 PM
Oh, I know it's simple...have done it before!!

But it's the love of sweet things & carbs that does me in (Coke, lots of coffee/tea with sugar, ice cream, jams, etc etc etc).

Also got into the seemingly lifelong chef's habit of having NO problem skipping meals, which only slows the metabolism down. Bad news. I'm now eating less more often with high GI foods, fruit and lightly cooked veges !!!

I know it's simple, but it's all about willpower and making the effort!!

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 01:49 PM
It's not the junk - more to do with volume for me.

Good work TF!

Yossarian
22nd March 2010, 01:55 PM
Riveting stuff here gents.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 01:57 PM
TourFit = TF = Tony Ferguson

TourFerguson

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 02:01 PM
Just focus on your Uni work in case you change your mind and decide you can't make it after all...

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 02:05 PM
Dunsborough, 26 on Saturday with 30km winds. Noice!

Sunday, 22 with 28km winds.

Kennedy currently forecast for 30 with 19km winds.

MegaWatty
22nd March 2010, 02:08 PM
Where do you get the wind forecast from Canuck?

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 02:13 PM
accuweather.com good website.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=OCN|AU|WA|DUNSBOROUGH&metric=1 (http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=OCN%7CAU%7CWA%7CDUNSBOROUGH&metric=1)

TourFit
22nd March 2010, 03:13 PM

Least I have enough money to eat... you whippet !!! :lol: (BTW...that's a very skinny dog)

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 05:04 PM
After an enjoyable lunch, IDGG and I have come up with the following matches:

JC / Yoss vs. IDGG / Bergsey

Aldo / Zeus vs. Golfnut / Daz Golfer

The Big Man / Tiger vs. Simmsy / Tour Ferguson

TourFit
22nd March 2010, 05:46 PM
I reckon Tiger will want to punch me before we even GET to the first tee...I may just be able to get under his skin?? :razz:

The TourFit boys take on The Tiger !!!

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 05:54 PM
That was the strategy. Simmsy is very even-keeled and TF is going to 'stress' the opposition - the 'ole good cop/bad cop/' trick.

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 05:55 PM
I'm going to try and arrange walky-talkies for each group. I have two and will have to find a third from somewhere. Will be good to have running scores.

bergsey
22nd March 2010, 05:56 PM
After an enjoyable lunch, IDGG and I have come up with the following matches:

Aldo / Zeus vs. Golfnut / Daz Golfer

The Big Man / Tiger vs. Simmsy / Tour Ferguson

The 3rd grouping would be fun to watch.......... could be some explosions or implosions down the stretch !

Match 2 could be the pivotal one i reckon

bergsey
22nd March 2010, 05:58 PM

I'm just going to apologise in advance to those in groups 2 & 3. With the time that Yoss will spend looking in the bush for his ball and JC lining up putts it may be a 6 hour round fellas....

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 06:12 PM
That was the strategy. Simmsy is very even-keeled and TF is going to 'stress' the opposition - the old cop/fat cop/' trick.

There you go.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 06:13 PM

I'm just going to apologise in advance to those in groups 2 & 3. With the time that Yoss will spend looking in the bush for his ball and JC lining up putts it may be a 6 hour round fellas....

It'll only be 4 hours after we beat you 6/5.

simmsy
22nd March 2010, 06:45 PM
classic - tourfit and me up against the KB badboys!!

Tiger wont make it of the 1st with out exploding, i am one of the most annoying pests around. JC let him know if he hits me i'm getting my Lawyer onto him...

though we may have to wait 10 years to wait for him to graduate.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2010, 06:48 PM
He'll drown you in the pond on one before he'll hit you.

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 07:04 PM
Tourfit and Simmsy have got the KB boys beat - the KB boys will be arguing with each other before the end of the 5th hole.

Adlo and Zeus are going to hurt having to give GN at least 10 strokes over 18 holes. It'll depend on whether the white/green boys can sync together. Daz is only giving them 5 strokes max. That is depending on the Zeus sliding handicap scale.

If JC gives too much away re matchplay strategy to Yoss on Friday, the whippet will probably cane all of us the rest of the weekend. JC is giving away 15 strokes to Bergsey and 7 to me. Yoss is only getting 5 strokes from Bergsey - what is he going to do after he uses them up on his 5 doubles.

Pieface
22nd March 2010, 07:05 PM
classic - tourfit and me up against the KB badboys!!

Tiger wont make it of the 1st with out exploding, i am one of the most annoying pests around. JC let him know if he hits me i'm getting my Lawyer onto him...

though we may have to wait 10 years to wait for him to graduate.

:smt038

I'm just concerned that Yoss has completely misunderstood what "taking the bar" is all about.

Looks like the first day should be a blast guys!

Yossarian
22nd March 2010, 08:48 PM
Get ****ed homo!

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 08:50 PM
Not as eloquent as I would have expected from a 'mouthpiece.'

Yossarian
22nd March 2010, 08:51 PM
:lol:

It has been a long day and the back of our house just flooded. It was the best I could do.

Pieface
22nd March 2010, 08:54 PM
I think the technical term is "objection!" Yoss :lol:

Johnny Canuck
23rd March 2010, 12:42 AM
Thought you'd be used to a wet backdoor, homo.

simmsy
23rd March 2010, 04:04 PM
^^rofl

simmsy
23rd March 2010, 09:29 PM
could be a bit of fun on the Friday at KB

Yossarian
23rd March 2010, 09:31 PM
That is for this week this time OMS?

simmsy
23rd March 2010, 10:02 PM
who knows, i'm proud of myself for being able to cut/paste into the post.

Daz_Golfa
23rd March 2010, 11:09 PM
Daz_Golfer, have to have an Englishman on th the team.

Mr Captain !!!, sorry not English !!, born in Adelaide !!, discuss later .....

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:12 PM
JC's got an update for Binningup in terms of a Ryder cup type format to carry over. He will put up the format when he gets a chance.

It promises to be an opportunity for some great rivalry.

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:14 PM
Daz, what do you think of the teams and menu for the weekend. I believe Tourfit is giving you a lift?

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:17 PM
Mr Captain !!!, sorry not English !!, born in Adelaide !!, discuss later .....

Really, I didn't know the Adelaidians had such a strong foreign accent. Plus, I did not want to give to much away as to how you play.

Also, some of us, if not all may be playing the sand green course Saturday afternoon with some light refreshment.

adlo
23rd March 2010, 11:23 PM
I'm keen for Sat PM hit, I think. See on the day I suppose.

Also, as discussed with TF and JC today, we should have 6 single matches at Binningup. 9 holes. Team Canuck vs. Team iTree.

Kennedy Bay, 3 teams, each match counts for 2 points. 6 points total. 2 points for win, 1 point for squared match.
Binningup, 6 individual matches count for 1 point each, 6 points total. 1 point for win, 1/2 point for squared match.

Total Ryder Cup points is 12. First team to reach 6.5 points wins.

JC and ID, make some singles matches please!!

Daz_Golfa
23rd March 2010, 11:25 PM
Ok Captain, I'll put on my strongest English accent, then everyone will think I'm Enlglish !!, ha that'll confuse everyone.

Yep, getting lift with fellow-team-mate Tourfit, so we'll be talking strategy and stuff, maybe a little bit about golf too !!, can we have the agenda again, please ? Golf at KB on Friday and then .....

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:28 PM
Ok Captain, I'll put on my strongest English accent, then everyone will think I'm Enlglish !!, ha that'll confuse everyone.

Yep, getting lift with fellow-team-mate Tourfit, so we'll be talking strategy and stuff, maybe a little bit about golf too !!, can we have the agenda again, please ? Golf at KB on Friday and then .....

Look on the first page for main itenary.

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:32 PM
JC and ID, make some singles matches please!!

We were discussing that we do the singles on the day to make it more interesting as the team results may dictate the singles matches.

idgolfguy
23rd March 2010, 11:33 PM

Didn't mean it as an insult. I never would have known.

simmsy
24th March 2010, 12:01 AM
At KB - if a match is squared at 18 do we continue? if so what format for the extra holes?

Seeing as it looks as though we are continuing at B'up, maybe not needed?

adlo
24th March 2010, 12:08 AM
We were discussing that we do the singles on the day to make it more interesting as the team results may dictate the singles matches.
Great idea.

At KB - if a match is squared at 18 do we continue? if so what format for the extra holes?

No need for extra holes. Singles matches will decide it.

TourFit
24th March 2010, 12:29 AM

Old man must be getting tired...there's no point in awarding points for a squared match is there, if you are gonna go to extra holes OMR???

Hope you stay more alert than this on Friday morning !!! SHEESH

simmsy
24th March 2010, 12:43 AM
read the previous posts in regards to awarding 1/2 points for squared matches from Adlo. And just like in any matchplay comp, squared matches are awarded 1/2 point to each.

don't you know anything, god were gonna be great on friday.

idgolfguy
24th March 2010, 12:52 AM
Discension among the ranks? No, healthy banter to get the competitive juices flowing.

simmsy
24th March 2010, 01:10 AM
absolutely Captain. TourFit will fall into line and do things my way, don't worry about that mate.:wink:

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 02:22 AM
Ok bitches, here is the lowdown.

After the 3 matches at Kennedy, when Team Canada only needs 1/2 point to clinch victory and everyone is enjoying a PINT, with the exception of Old Man Simmsy who will be having Ovaltine and Tour Ferguson, who will be having a meal replacement shake (this was demanded by Adidas because they didn't like super wide stripes), id and I will draft.

The way it will work is that ID will nominate one of his team members and I will choose who they will play.

I will then nominate a member of Team Canada and ID will choose who they play.

We'll keep doing this until all of the matches are set.

SPECIAL MATCH REQUEST:

In speaking to Tiger today and informing him about the new format, he said (this is verbatim) "Give me that Adidas guy, there is no way a golfer off of the same handicap as me beat me."

The gauntlet has been laid down Tourfit.

If anyone on Team Canada has any special requests, send me a PM and we'll discuss.

As the match has gotten a little bigger, the wager pool is now a PINT at any point in the weekend (paid by the golfer that you faced in the single match) and $8 from every golfer on Team Midget to put towards a case of drink for the winning team.

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 02:33 AM
TEAM CANADA is please to announce the appointment of the following positions:

Aldo will serve as Vice-Captain and will assume captain duties should Captain Canuck not be available for consultation.

Yossarian will serve multiple roles serving as both the team's legal advisor and secretary, as well as the token ghey guy.

Zeus has been appointed the role of spokesperson, PR specialist and will be featured in the 2011 Team Canada calendar.

Tiger and The Big Man will serve as the team's security force, intimidators and midget eliminators. If Team Canada is asked for representatives to appear on Celebrity Jeopardy, these two will not receive consideration to represent the team.

TourFit
24th March 2010, 10:38 AM
Tour Ferguson, who will be having a meal replacement shake (this was demanded by Adidas because they didn't like super wide stripes)....

:smt098

In speaking to Tiger today and informing him about the new format, he said (this is verbatim) "Give me that Adidas guy, there is no way a golfer off of the same handicap as me beat me."

The gauntlet has been laid down Tourfit.

:smt014

Whatever...I would expect a 9 'capper playing on his home track to beat me...unless iTree matches me up against one of your picks first !!!

Then again, his mental game is a bit suspect. And I know lots of matchplay tricks to get him riled. I may just start telling him that he has the wrong shaft in his driver, and that his 3W doesn't match. Or that his putting is off 'cos he needs it fitted properly !!

For this weekend, I'll play whoever (except you. You're too slow and I'll fall asleep!!). Suggestion to organisers. Captains group at KB last...that way Cpt Slow can't hold up the field (AGAIN!)

Believe it or not I'm more competitive than people think.

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 10:55 AM
You're weak Tourfit. Admitting defeat already and not accepting his challenge.

I'll let him know your answer.

Challenge not accepted on account of softness.

Pieface
24th March 2010, 11:03 AM
I'm looking forward to golfing with whoever survives this trip down south. The battle lines appear to be drawing up nicely!

TF and Tiger should decide a tied matchplay via putter toss, extra points for creative profanity and $$ value of putter tossed :lol:

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 11:07 AM
Tourfit would back out of that for some reason as well, even with all of his experience.

idgolfguy
24th March 2010, 12:27 PM
I have full confidence in Mr Tourfit ousting Tiger and turning him into a pussy for the weekend.

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 12:30 PM
I'm glad someone does. I'll bet that Fit is getting nervous already after reading your post.

In reality, there may not even be an easier match up for him.

MegaWatty
24th March 2010, 12:57 PM
How's the back fit?

Up to that many holes in a weekend?

idgolfguy
24th March 2010, 01:00 PM
Voltaren - will have enough with me to cover both of us (the old men).

Pieface
24th March 2010, 01:10 PM
I tip someone will be driving the tourvan back with 'fit lying in the tray!

MegaWatty
24th March 2010, 01:14 PM
Surely relaxing muscles isn't a good thing for golf?

I've always wondered about that theory.

Johnny Canuck
24th March 2010, 01:24 PM
How's the back fit?

Up to that many holes in a weekend?

The back only flares up with the combination of dodgy drops and blowing big leads. He won't have any leads to blow this weekend and the "Digging Roo" is only native to Port Kennedy.