PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Champs form guide

BrisVegas
10th November 2009, 01:46 PM
Feel free to add your own thoughts & predictions. Mine are:-

Shavey. Always a chance. Plays too much golf at work to rule out.
Jarro. Long shot, but will be a chance if the wind gets up (and over him).
BrisVegas. No chance. Won it all in 07 and hasn't seen his 'A' game since.
Goonie. Will bring 3 entire sets of clubs and will be too confused to threaten
AndyP. Red hot fave. The thinking golfer's runner. Will keep it in play and out of trouble and I'd be surprised if this is not his year.
Rusty. Form of late unknown, but historically strong. Might be overwhelmed by the occasion.
Billy. mate of poidda's, so probably a burgler. Big chance.
Iain. Capable of shooting a good score anywhere. Too contented romantically these days to be a real chance though. has lost the edge.
PeteyD. Has runs on the board at Reddy Bay. Will it translate to a watery, toight, resort layout? Prob too distracted with organising the champs to win the champs.
haysey. Most likely to suffer in high winds. Slim chance. But will have a good view of proceedings.
Bruce. Fancied interstater. Renowned for his 'A' grade style. All depends on whether he's sporting a 'tache this year.
Eag's. All depends on the barrier draw and the number of rums. In the right group, ie. fast rum drinkers, he could come from NAGA to win this.
DC. won the last champs at a brutal layout like this. Totally depends on drinking. Could be a late scratching. Will definitely spew both days.
peter_rs. Mr Consistency, oddly enough, given the enormous belting he gives the ball.
shazza_rs. Mrs Consistency and will probably belt Mr Consistency off the bat if she fires up.
damoocow. good pick for a placing. No form to win
kpac. roughie. Have a $1 each way. Has ho'd a heap lately. Too distracted.
Scarfie1. no form of late. Any late mail?
sms. unbackable fave for low gross. Gun of the field. However, is massively handicapped by weight, shorts, blades, left-handedness. Even money to score a supergoal.
Just. Will have the most Pings of anyone in the field. Steadily improving, stayer. Will be thereabouts.
Goughy. I wouldn't back him with your money.
Courty. No chance. shanking, so watch out on his right. Hasn't done anything of note in SEQ.
blakey. Too much course for the old hooker. Might be a show if it's howling.
BrisWesty. see jarro.
Nudgee. see goonie. value pick if a melee breaks out.
GCSwinger. used to this style of course. Not much ozg form tho.
Gazgolf1. Mr Consistency's really consistent uncle. Good value. Use him as an anchor in your trifectas.
PetethePilot. Mystery runner from parts unknown.
Moe Norman. Lives on the course. Poor value unless his odds drift out. Watch out for his iron play.
DDasey. unable to comment.
davemason. defending champ. Always immaculately presented. A repeat win not out of the question. Hes been doing lots of sandwork in secrecy out on Great Keppell.
senecio. too much hoing, plenty of pace, no rhythm. roughie.
Ned Kelly. putts with a wedge. FNQ's most notorious burglar.
Henno. anything's possible. Rooming with sms could be a factor. Even money to score a supergoal.
Grunt. no chance. will possibly hit one into Pumicestone Passage if he really winds up.
Baz. unable to comment.
Nuttedit. mate of poidda's, is definitely a burgler. Big chance.
Gregh. matchplay semi-finalist. shows promise
steverawlo. Another local qualifier. Comfortable on the coast, and has same strengths as jarro and westy.
Lucasto23. Surprisingly solid chance carrying a light weight.
Jono. see goughy.
Razaar. see blakey.
Kev. mystery trifecta chance. Late mail is he's a scratching. As in "playing off scratch'!
Hux. Who'd bet against him? May need to sell all his clubs to pay for fuel to get home in the XR6T.
Poidda. Will win the punt. Back whatever he's backing.
Choppa. will he play Sunday? Was top 3 after first round in 07. Needs to monitor fluid intake. Occasional golfer, but natural talent.
Mrs Lucasto23. unable to comment.
Daves. unable to comment.

*Disclaimer - these comments are meant in jest, light-hearted and not meant to cause (too much) offence. Please feel free to put it back on me if you don't like what I've dreamed up about you!

Eag's
10th November 2009, 01:57 PM
Very clever Dion, entertaining read 8-)

Lucasto23
10th November 2009, 02:29 PM
me likeie

shavey
10th November 2009, 03:16 PM
Feel free to add your own thoughts & predictions. Mine are:-

Shavey. Always a chance. Plays too much golf at work to rule out.

Mate, I appreciate the sentiment but I haven't worked in the golf industry for about three years! :lol:

Heck, these three games should get me over the edge for double figures for the year.

At least that should get me a few extra head start on the calcutta! :mrgreen:

And very insightful read there mate, this is what the weekend is all about!

Grunt
10th November 2009, 03:17 PM
Gee tell us what you really think ;)

BrisVegas
10th November 2009, 03:42 PM
feel free to add your own thoughts grunt. :wink:

peter_rs
10th November 2009, 04:14 PM
interesting read not sure about mine but you got shazza right.

Bruce
10th November 2009, 04:40 PM
Kev - if he doesn't get his shit together for his hcp - see goughy.

AndyP
10th November 2009, 05:00 PM
I agree. It's mine to lose, unless some chump pulls a couple of flukey rounds out of their clacker.

sms316
10th November 2009, 05:03 PM
sms. unbackable fave for low gross. Gun of the field. However, is massively handicapped by weight, shorts, blades, left-handedness. Even money to score a supergoal.

No chance on the gross (these shitty Qld greens do not agree with me - although this may be countered with Jimmy). I'll tell you right now that the dark horse is the pilot. He has slipped right under the radar (boom-tish). I think he might play off about 3.

markTHEblake
10th November 2009, 05:24 PM
Blakey: had a lesson last week and hasnt hit a ball since and probably wont, will be lucky to beat Goughy

blakey. Too much course for the old hooker. Might be a show if it's howling.
Razaar. see blakey.

Ray, on Saddie night, the chances are some of these blokes might be looking for old hookers, so you are on your own as i wont be hanging around to find out.

Baz
unable to comment.Baz has a brand new set of irons that he bought off an old hooker last week, and has never hit the ball better in his life. Tip, finishing in between blakey and goughy.

zigwah
10th November 2009, 05:49 PM
put the house on razaar!! in form and in his element.

goughy
10th November 2009, 06:10 PM
I haven't even looked to see if I have any golf balls yet! Think you picked my form right.

henno
10th November 2009, 06:14 PM
My money is still on Hux. It depends whether he pulls up lame on Sunday morning after one (ten) too many.

If Iain puts the big dog away, and hits iron off the tee all day (it's not gay if he hits it further than your woods - which for 50% of you he probably does) then he has to be a strong favourite.

Daves
10th November 2009, 06:40 PM
My money is still on Hux. It depends whether he pulls up lame on Sunday morning after one (ten) too many.

Nah, not unless he has that flying elbow under control.;) The fairways aren't wide enough for him otherwise, he needs room to do his stuff!:) And if that doesn't stop him, then he is bound to run out of wedges by Sunday!:mrgreen:

razaar
10th November 2009, 06:50 PM
Ray, on Saddie night, the chances are some of these blokes might be looking for old hookers, so you are on your own as i wont be hanging around to find out.

I'm an old fader these days Blakey, on and off the course. :wink:

markTHEblake
10th November 2009, 06:55 PM
snoring by 9pm eh?

zacdullard
10th November 2009, 06:56 PM
Nice work Dion.

My money is on PeteyD.

razaar
10th November 2009, 06:58 PM
No, most nights I don't get to bed until 2.00am. Not the party animal I used to be but still a stayer.

Iain
10th November 2009, 07:16 PM
If Iain puts the big dog away, and hits iron off the tee all day (it's not gay if he hits it further than your woods - which for 50% of you he probably does) then he has to be a strong favourite.

Thanks.... :roll: :?

haysey
10th November 2009, 07:17 PM
From this afternoon.....Yep, Courty's in form. There's a 7 iron and a water bottle in that tree. They're still there:mrgreen:

henno
10th November 2009, 07:21 PM
Bahahahaha!!

Eag's
10th November 2009, 07:27 PM
WTF!! :lol:

Jarro
10th November 2009, 07:30 PM
Nice chuck Count :mrgreen:

haysey
10th November 2009, 07:30 PM
Seriously wish I had a video camera. I'll let Courty tell the story:D

henno
10th November 2009, 07:34 PM
Surely not one of the new, shiney, ZB irons?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/511/witb2009101902.jpg

mike
10th November 2009, 07:37 PM
Haysey is that the cart path between the 13th green and 14th tee?

haysey
10th November 2009, 07:42 PM
Yes Mike.

It's not one of the shiny new zb's. Fortunately. We'd probably have a chainsaw out by now if it was.

Was a nice throw to get it stuck up there. Unfortunately it didn't want to come down again:roll:

Courty
10th November 2009, 07:47 PM
8-[

BrisVegas
10th November 2009, 07:52 PM
FNQ wankers. :lol:

PeteyD
10th November 2009, 07:56 PM
Nice work Dion. Very amusing. AP is gonna be so dissapointed to get his butt kicked.

markTHEblake
10th November 2009, 08:03 PM
That cant be Courty in the pic, its too scruffy for him.

steverawlo
10th November 2009, 09:18 PM
DC has to be a chance. Of a massive spew.

BrettM
10th November 2009, 09:34 PM
Haysey for the dark horse. Had a lazy 75 around Cairns last Friday........

Hux
10th November 2009, 09:49 PM
:mrgreen:
[/b]

Nah, not unless he has that flying elbow under control.;) The fairways aren't wide enough for him otherwise, he needs room to do his stuff!:) And if that doesn't stop him, then he is bound to run out of wedges by Sunday!:mrgreen:

One throw from memory and I'm labelled:mrgreen:
And I wouldn't put mney on me....plyed like a dog 4 times last week. We'll see how much my coach gets me under control on the next 2 days Neddy where are you.....

henno
10th November 2009, 09:55 PM
DC has to be a chance. Of a massive spew.

No doubt. But hey, I'll wager that there is no-one on ozgolf as familiar with shooting mid-low 70's while absolutely plastered. He plays his worst golf when sober. (Refer the last two holes of the club champs - double bogey, bogey to lose by two.)

adlo
10th November 2009, 10:52 PM
My trifecta tips:

DC
AndyP
Davemason

Roughie:
Henno

AndyP
10th November 2009, 10:57 PM
Haha. My talk is working. Now to convince myself.

adlo
10th November 2009, 11:02 PM
AP, it seems like you don't play a heap of golf, but if you find form, you are on way too high of a handicap.

Just find form and prove us right. Thanks.

Lucasto23
10th November 2009, 11:03 PM
Haha. My talk is working. Now to convince myself.

After securing the match play title you will be no chance.
should you fail there, we all better watch out:lol:

Julie
11th November 2009, 06:34 AM
My money is on the FNQ Boys.8)

Come on Haysey, Courty and Ned.:smt038:smt038:smt038

dc68
11th November 2009, 07:22 AM
Can people not tip me please I am no good under pressure.

razaar
11th November 2009, 07:24 AM
You can win this thing DC.:D

Jarro
11th November 2009, 07:28 AM

I'm not.

I reckon you'll tank it

BrisVegas
11th November 2009, 08:30 AM
good luck dc!

Hux
11th November 2009, 08:56 AM
Dc 68 hero of a nation, when he is pissed he'll win this thing, of that we thank salvation.
(Sung to Roger Ramjet)

BV is talking himself down, but he can shoot well under hcp on one of the SEQ's hardest tracks, he is a good chance. Has been in patchy form but has the game to take it.

Ned K - if he is playing with DC - he'll be too pissed to putt with his wedge and play like a dog....sandbagger!!

Henno - nah like me he'll be holding up the field looking for sprays off the faiway.

just
11th November 2009, 09:03 AM
Dc, you've got this thing covered!

henno
11th November 2009, 09:27 AM
Henno - nah like me he'll be holding up the field looking for sprays off the faiway.

Nah, I don't hold up fields. Wipe the hole, grab a beer and move on with life. :D

PeteyD
11th November 2009, 01:12 PM
DC will crap it in, too big and too good ;)

Bruce
11th November 2009, 01:23 PM
Kev hasn't got his 5th card in. I'll back him for the NAGA now. Off scratch he will stuggle to make double figures over the 2 days.

Prove me wrong Kev!

adlo
11th November 2009, 01:26 PM
Kev hasn't got his 5th card in. I'll back him for the NAGA now. Off scratch he will stuggle to make double figures over the 2 days.

Prove me wrong Kev!

You can get AGU handicap off 3 cards now!

peter_rs
11th November 2009, 04:05 PM
Bruce/Kev, pm me your 4 scores todate and we will look at it.

Ned
11th November 2009, 08:50 PM

Apparently not after your expert putting demonstration with henno the other day............................others might refer to it as Sandbagging!!!!!!!:roll:

PeteyD
12th November 2009, 05:12 AM
Not so sure about golf form, but I found this and it reminded me of the fact that Henno and SMS are sharing ....

pyrqVrefBGs

dc68
12th November 2009, 05:23 AM
Apparently not after your expert putting demonstration with henno the other day............................others might refer to it as Sandbagging!!!!!!!:roll:

Pffft

henno
12th November 2009, 07:42 AM
DC just went from short odds to roughie. Looks like he's going to be sober on Sunday.

Hux
12th November 2009, 08:26 AM
Not so sure about golf form, but I found this and it reminded me of the fact that Henno and SMS are sharing ....

pyrqVrefBGs

Keyboad - coffee. ROLMAO

Dotty
12th November 2009, 03:52 PM
Co-incidence ?

Both NSW entrants making the trip to Qld, had part of their brain removed a few years back.

;):razz::twisted:

Have a good time everyone. Some of us have to keep the country running.

sms316
15th November 2009, 07:29 PM
No chance on the gross (these shitty Qld greens do not agree with me - although this may be countered with Jimmy). I'll tell you right now that the dark horse is the pilot. He has slipped right under the radar (boom-tish). I think he might play off about 3.
Picked it like a dirty nose!

Well done Pete.

ParMaster
15th November 2009, 07:45 PM
Well can we have a champs rap up?

sms316
15th November 2009, 07:48 PM
wrap up?

It is listed in the Over 18s forum. Don't you have access to it?

ParMaster
15th November 2009, 07:58 PM
Aha aha aha (SARCASM).

Congratz PTP on your victorious win! ;)

BrisWesty
15th November 2009, 08:56 PM
Wrap up

If the rating of the course is based on the quality of the person driving the drinks cart around, apparently we have a new Australian #1 course ;-)

+ves
great practice facilities and no questions asked about practice balls
really good evening facilities
a one putt par on 9 and a birdie 2 on the 11th on Sunday
The pool table in the Lorikeet Room. Someone could do a guide showing the variety of slopes on it.
The gallery on 9 on the Saturday esp when the non-ozgolf groups were going through.
Real variety of holes incl good short par 4s.

-ves (but very very small compared to the +ves)
Slightly limited food options for the Saturday night
Holes in the same spots both days
The greens were a lot more grainy the second day.
Bl**dy crows stealing my apricot delight from the cart on the 1st on Sunday.
When I close my eyes I still see bunkers. ;-)
The brakes on cart number 15 were a wee bit spongy (in the same way as Collingwood supporters are a little bit rabid) Fred Flintstone would have loved it (feet through the floor)

Thanks to my playing partners - Shazza, Henno, Davemason, Lucasto23, AndyP and Senecio. While the scoring wasn't so flash, it was a lot of fun.

Courty
16th November 2009, 09:44 PM
Courty. No chance. shanking, so watch out on his right. Hasn't done anything of note in SEQ.

I only had 2 shanks in the entire 4 rounds of my trip, and if I estimate correctly, I was outright 3rd on the Sunday. Surely that's gotta improve my odds for next year? ;)

Ned
16th November 2009, 09:45 PM
I only had 2 shanks in the entire 4 rounds of my trip, and if I estimate correctly, I was outright 3rd on the Sunday. Surely that's gotta improve my odds for next year? ;)

......................and won the Ho Award credit card down!:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
16th November 2009, 09:49 PM

nup.:lol:

haysey
16th November 2009, 09:51 PM
It was fun listening to the Count trying to explain to Mrs Count that being Ho of the champs didn't mean what she thought it meant:wink:

Eag's
16th November 2009, 10:35 PM

I forgot to ask you about that, well done mate 8-)
I am proud to say I hit zero sockets unlike my 20 odd last year :smt108

PeteyD
17th November 2009, 07:01 AM
It was fun listening to the Count trying to explain to Mrs Count that being Ho of the champs didn't mean what she thought it meant:wink:

That was quite funny, and it took a fair while too!

poidda
17th November 2009, 08:15 AM
Anyone know a good knee surgeon? :roll:

just
17th November 2009, 08:26 AM
Petethepilot?

Lucasto23
17th November 2009, 08:49 AM
Anyone know a good knee surgeon? :roll:

Jimmy Fardoules, did my knee in 06 and his office is at st andrews hospital in spring hill. my uncle assists him in surgery on tuesdays and reccommended him so he can't be bad i guess;)

PeteyD
17th November 2009, 10:10 AM
Fardoules is probably the best in Brisbane. Did mine way back, did Michael Voss as well.

markTHEblake
17th November 2009, 11:49 PM
Fardoules is probably the best in Brisbane. Did mine way back, did Michael Voss as well.

they way you were walking around on Saddie night, i would be asking for your money back.

PeteyD
18th November 2009, 07:16 AM
Wasn't my knee Mark. That was back and groin from the hernia op.

Sydney Hacker
18th November 2009, 07:18 AM

Another vote for him here, he did both of my knees quite a while ago and I could of asked for a better result.