PDA

View Full Version : Should I...Shouldn't I???

terryand
12th February 2005, 05:11 PM
Saw this while looking on BSG last week.

http://www.bombsquadgolf.com/invboard_release/upload/index.php?showtopic=56433

What do you all think.

I think this is a once in a blue moon chance to get a quaility and rare head like this.

Having plenty of shaft to choose from to put in it,there will only be additional costs of fitting.

Let rip :wink:

Terry.

andylo
12th February 2005, 05:38 PM
Why not wait for a R7 TOUR lefty?

Jarro
12th February 2005, 05:56 PM
wait 'till i talk to that guy at Nudgee first :wink:

Ducky
12th February 2005, 06:06 PM
I couldn't see it because I'm not registered.

What is it?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

terryand
12th February 2005, 06:10 PM

I don't think there is any need for the extra $$$$$ for little gain, if any.

Plus,chances are we, as lefties will never get a look in at one of these.

Jarro, don't worry, we'll see what he can come up with :wink:

Terry.

terryand
12th February 2005, 06:13 PM
I couldn't see it because I'm not registered.

What is it?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Duck, can you see this?

Its a 510 TP Tour...Very rare in left hand.

http://www.bombsquadgolf.com/invboard_release/upload/uploads/post-3-1107625328.jpg

Terry.

andylo
12th February 2005, 06:26 PM

Terry.

Then how about a 580XD TOUR??? More forgiveness at around the same price.

terryand
12th February 2005, 06:39 PM

Terry.

Then how about a 580XD TOUR??? More forgiveness at around the same price.

I did think about the 580 Andy, but from what Todd said about the 580,510 and 500 tours,the 510 had the best launch angle and spin rate for me. The 580 is designed to launch higher.

Forgiving is not a problem ATM Andy,today I was hitting my Titty J-vs really well today and its only 312cc's.

Terry.

Terry.

Ducky
12th February 2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks, I can see the picture now, Terry.

Basically, I have no willpower, so I say buy it!

:smt080

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
12th February 2005, 09:32 PM
is that a huge scratch mark on the sole???

how abt a 7.5 R580XD TP instead??? :lol:

jaster
12th February 2005, 10:20 PM
If you have the $$ it would be a great club to own but if you are yet to try the G2 I would say try that first. My G2 sh1ts all over my old 510TP which was the best driver I have ever hit. I really couldn't see a "TOUR" 510TP being much better than the stock 510TP. Golow the guru did own a TOUR 510TP and said other than being a little more solid and muted it was the same club performance wise. It was more solid and muted due to the fabled "Foaming" process which in my opinion is BS.
Anyways, flogging dead horse but for me the G2 is straighter, more forgiving and cheaper than 95% of retail OEM clubs on the market, I'd be happy to give you a hit of mine to test :) If for nothing else the look on your face after you middle your first drive with it :wink:

The Troppo touring Pro (finished 20th in money order last year) who is based at my course Justin Smith was using a 510TP and switched to an R7TP late last year. A month ago he played a round with 2 Pros and one of them had a newish G2 w/NV65s....after a few hits both Justin and the other Pro who was using a Tourstage driver instantly decided to get a fitting for a G2 themselves and are both now using it!!. Justin apparently had a deal with TM but felt that the G2 was too god not to put in his bag...no money involved :shock:

Jono
15th February 2005, 12:29 PM
Tezza,

Have you tried the Spectrum yet? Having seen your swing and your launch angle, I think it will suit you pretty well. Reckon 8 degree. It's a solid feeling club.

BrisVegas
15th February 2005, 12:47 PM
Buy it Terry. If, for no other reason than it's supposed to be the pinnacle of the TM range. If you find you can't hit it, then it should be easy enough to sell again. You got a great backup in your JVS right now, so there is no risk.

Have you tried a Spectrum or a G2 on a launch monitor. If you could find something 400cc+ that felt solid, you'd have the added benefit of forgiveness that the JVS and 510TP won't offer.

Keza_G
15th February 2005, 12:52 PM
Guys, I think you may find the Spectrum does not come in a lefty model...

Tezza, Buy the damn thing..... you will love it and if you don't it won't be hard to get rid of....

Cheers

Keza

3oneday
15th February 2005, 02:16 PM
Stuff that, get "The Beast".........................

:lol: :lol:

Nice poll......... just buy.....

Trung
17th February 2005, 08:41 PM
I saw THE BEAST in the flesh today.

It's HUGE..... :shock:

Jarro
17th February 2005, 08:46 PM
I saw THE BEAST in the flesh today.

It's HUGE..... :shock:

what was his driver like :wink: :lol:

Trung
17th February 2005, 09:23 PM
you fooooool, I was talking about his driver :twisted:

PS... ok, you got me good. now shupup and stop it... :oops:

3oneday
18th February 2005, 04:20 AM
Best ignored.............

Sooo, Tezza, did we or didn't we ???????????????? :? 8) :lol: :roll: :wink:

Pete

Jono
18th February 2005, 08:17 AM
PS... ok, you got me good. now shupup and stop it... :oops:

Nahh ... you got yourself mate. Use the word "flesh" in the same sentence as the "Beast" and what did you expect? :shock:

As John Blackman used to say about Molly Meldrum on Hey Hey It's Saturday ... "I love it when he does it to himself" ... :wink: :lol:

terryand
18th February 2005, 06:57 PM

Pete

Pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger Pete 8)

Will also take your advice and get some hot melt put in it to bring it to a nutrual/ slight draw bais( not as much as the J-VS though).

Terry.

terryand
23rd March 2005, 08:57 PM

Pete

Yes Pete I did.

Got 6-8 grams of hot melt put in the heel.

The head weight was 203 grams.

Ended up going with the Harrison stripper Tour 60,Could go past the Harrison with the way the other Harrison was performing in the J Vs.

First hit out today and with out really swinging it or hitting it that well the first signs are promising.

Without find the centre of the club too many times,the ball flight and distance so far is looking good.

I think at this early stage I will almost stick my neck out and say this combo is up to 10 metres longer than the J Vs.

I was a little tentative to really go after one not knowing the characteristics of the club.

One thing I did notice was that into the wind the trajectory was stable and the wind hardly had an effect on distance.Hit a couple into the wind today and got to places I hadn't been on still days.

Will give a fuller report after a couple of more games.

Terry.

3oneday
24th March 2005, 06:14 AM
Very nice 8) , did it sleep in the garage ???

:lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
24th March 2005, 08:12 AM
First hit out today and with out really swinging it or hitting it that well the first signs are promising.

Without find the centre of the club too many times,the ball flight and distance so far is looking good.

I think at this early stage I will almost stick my neck out and say this combo is up to 10 metres longer than the J Vs.

Glad you bought it Terry. Hope it works out well for you. Can't wait to see you slapping that thing around at MacLeod.

I wouldn't be too obsessed with distance. If it gives you a trajectory that works and you can find fairways, that's all that matters. I find my JVS is actually shorter than other, newer club designs like the 983K, SMT Nemesis, 510TP, R7 etc... It only stays in the bag because it is straight (most of the time!). 8)

terryand
1st April 2005, 05:51 PM
ARHHHHHHHH...BUGGER

It broke after 2 games :smt013 :smt089 :smt013 :smt089 :smt013 :smt089

Shaft broke right at the top of the hosel :smt011 Oh well :smt102 take the shaft back and get another and start again :?

Terry.

Jarro
1st April 2005, 06:15 PM
you're just too big and strong you brute :lol:

A-lo .. did you hear that .... he breaks shafts :shock:

AndyP
1st April 2005, 06:19 PM
Big deal. So does A-Lo.

terryand
1st April 2005, 06:27 PM
Big deal. So does A-Lo.

Mine broke after 20 or 30 hits, not 20 or 30 thousand hits :P

Terry.

Jarro
1st April 2005, 06:27 PM
Big deal. So does A-Lo.

.. but Tezza doesn't hit driver OFF THE DECK :!: :lol:

andylo
1st April 2005, 09:27 PM
Awwww man! I feel for you :cry:

It feel awful when the driver broke. Just like the end of the world! 2 days after the issue I was keep asking myself questions....

But probably should thank GOD for that too, it allow me to get sometime to think about my iron play and swing mechanisim.

But GOD, that's a bit dear!! :twisted:

Jono
2nd April 2005, 07:25 AM
Tezza,

Bad luck mate. Are you going to put the same shaft in it? Or try something else?

terryand
2nd April 2005, 12:39 PM
Tezza,

Bad luck mate. Are you going to put the same shaft in it? Or try something else?

Yep,very happy with the Harrison in the J-Vs and the new one was looking good and feeling good.

Terry.

3oneday
2nd April 2005, 12:54 PM
Tezza, just a bad shaft you got ?? I have not heard of this happening very often, I hope there was no damage to the baby ?? Did it go flying away ??

Pete

terryand
2nd April 2005, 01:11 PM
Tezza, just a bad shaft you got ?? I have not heard of this happening very often, I hope there was no damage to the baby ?? Did it go flying away ??

Pete

No,thank God.

Leaning down to put the tee in the ground and heard a little crack,thought nothing of it,hit another ball,OK.

Leaning down to put another tee in the ground with a bit of weight on the shaft and heard the crack again, so I pushed down on the club a bit and it just cracked clean off.

Lucky it didn't happen on course where it could have bounced down a cartpath or into a lake :evil:

Terry.

kwantfm
2nd April 2005, 08:03 PM
From what I've seen Harrison shafts seem to break relatively often. I've spent LOTS of time in at various clubmakers' shops and the most common broken shaft I saw was the Striper J. Would have seen at least half a dozen of those broken. Otherwise it is pretty rare to see shafts break like that.

andylo
2nd April 2005, 11:25 PM
My god, that's scary :cry:

I am actually using Striper J!!

Fishman Dan
3rd April 2005, 08:45 AM
Leaning down to put the tee in the ground and heard a little crack,thought nothing of it,hit another ball,OK.

Leaning down to put another tee in the ground with a bit of weight on the shaft and heard the crack again, so I pushed down on the club a bit and it just cracked clean off.

'Zactly what happened with my ProLite 35s Tez. Used it 6 or so times at the practice range, 3 wood on first tee - but 2nd tee went to plant my tee in the ground and crack-ola! Sounded like a twig snapping - and next think i knew my shaft and head had parted ways.

Jarro
3rd April 2005, 03:40 PM
next think i knew my shaft and head had parted ways.

.. sounds painful :shock:

might be a good idea to change your pre tee-shot routine Fishy :wink:

.. either that or lay off the Flakes :lol: