PDA

View Full Version : Titleist NXT Tour - experiences?

TheTrueReview
31st October 2009, 10:34 PM
I had a hit with a new one of these, that I found amongst the long grass on a course somewhere.

Now, before I go on, I have no intention of buying one of these b/c the only Titty ball I would acquire are the usual suspects -> ProV.

I was playing on my own so, I hit the NXT Tour as my occasional second ball. A couple of things surprised me about it. It seemed not a bad distance ball but disappointingly it seemed to shred a bit easy. It had bits hanging off it after I hit it with a Vokey & (most surprisingly) a 9 iron. I'm not a shredder of golf balls. I was playing a Nike One Tour as my first ball & it wasn't shredding. I thought the NXT Tour would stand up to standard punishment better than that. :-k

Anyone play or has played the NXT Tour? Thoughts?

razaar
31st October 2009, 10:51 PM
Only had one game with one and had trouble guaging the run on pitch and chip shots. It would suit those older players, who played the old Titleist DT, that have a wedge and 56* SW as the most lofted clubs in their bag. I would guage it as a compromise between a distance ball and a spin ball, leaning towards the distance side.

AlexMc
31st October 2009, 10:54 PM
I've used them for the last few years and like them - the perfect mix of spin, distance and forgiveness for mine.

However I used a Burner TP ball today and got similar results - except for a fair bit more spin.

adlo
31st October 2009, 11:04 PM
I have used a few that I have found.

I think there is nothing wrong with them, but the ball market is so competitive, there are much better mid-range pills on the market.

Scottt
1st November 2009, 12:00 AM
They are decent for distance and greenside spin and they putt alright, but they just shred too easily in my experience.

Yossarian
1st November 2009, 04:21 AM
I find them clicky to putt with. Other than that they are ok. As has been said their durability is not that great.

WBennett
1st November 2009, 07:06 AM
I have used them the last few years.

ProV's spin too much for me, so NXT's were a good compromise of distance and control.

No, they don't pull up on a dime, but they also cost $1.50 each. And when you lose 3 a round it makes sense!