PDA

View Full Version : Lefty in 2005

McMw
11th February 2005, 10:59 PM
Will phil have the year like what Vj had in 2004???

in 5 tourneys (maybe less), he's posted 3 very low 60s...this is man in tune with his swing and his putting!!!
who can forget when he 5 putted at the TPC from nowhere couple of years ago...

I like to think he can defend the Masters...and perhaps add another major later on this year...

He's ON FIRE!!! 8)

Jarro
11th February 2005, 11:05 PM
i agree. He's looking every bit like a man that's in total control of his game.
No more stupid shot decisions that lead to bogey ... or worse.

could very well be the year of the Lefty :wink:

Onewood
11th February 2005, 11:10 PM
Somebody comes out of the pack each year, just when you think noone is going to touch VJ for awhile along comes Phil with scores like this :roll: hope he can keep it going for a whole year 8)

I can remember when it was Duvals turn (world No1) and thought shite who's going to catch this guy :?

I still Like Ernie as the best golfer not to hit W#1 (most consistant for a lot of years) :P

McMw
11th February 2005, 11:10 PM
just watching golf central - interviewed him after his round, and dave pelz too...

Lefty is hitting the ball longer than he was last year - Fusion and HX Tour perhaps??? :wink:

Pelz was also saying that Lefty is now playing better odds on course...attack where the reward is, throttle back when then's no reward...

yeah....6 hour round... :roll:
and the course he played today was spose to be the toughest of the rotation....right!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

McMw
14th February 2005, 11:28 AM
prob his first over-par round in 3 tourneys to date... :lol:

Jarro
14th February 2005, 05:43 PM
lost his way towards the end there ... but playing in the Pro-Am format would have to be a bit of a distraction :roll:

.. thought i saw a stat somewhere during the coverage that said of 35 missed GIR's .... he converted 30 of them to par :shock:

the man has a seriously good short game at the moment.

McMw
14th February 2005, 05:51 PM
did u watch his swing on the strobe scope and on the driver slo-mo impact cam???
it happened in R3...
it's awesome to see how far he took it away, and overswung the club, and then how the head loses it's radius into the ball...simply amazing where he gets that huge lag from!!!

also, on impact cam, he struck the ball (driver) on the way down (instead of on the way up), and very high on the face...the ball did not even spin one bit...amazing!!!

Jarro
14th February 2005, 05:56 PM
also, on impact cam, he struck the ball (driver) on the way down (instead of on the way up), and very high on the face...the ball did not even spin one bit...amazing!!!

yeah, i saw that in the last tourny he played and mentioned it here .... the drive they showed last tourny he hit 348 yards :shock: His impact position seems to go against everything you are taught with regards to driving the golf ball :?

That slo-mo of his swing was amazing though ... like you say ... the amount of overswing is crazy.... and the lag he gets is awesome