PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 26th October, 2009

ParMaster
27th October 2009, 08:54 PM
:D

Went and played at The Lakes today in a social game. Played off the Whites on the front (with members) and on the back I played off the plates (Black).

Shot -1, +3 for +2 overall. I was happy with how I was hitting it but wasn't very consistant.

I took some photos (about 120:lol:) of the course so I plan on posting them up in a couple of days.

Overall I liked many of the new holes however I think it's arbitrary how Clayton redesigned EVERY green. They all have huge slopes and today I encountered the worst green I've ever seen. The 13th is a miserable little hole now. There was no need to redesign it in the first place..:x

adlo
27th October 2009, 08:56 PM
Played Kwinana with the boys in an OzGolf day today.

Finished with 39 points, 15/24.

Started poorly, and a few 5-6 footers on the front 9 saved me from throwing in the towel. A 38 off the bat around the back 9 made me glad I stuck with it.

That, and taking simmsy's money. It is all worth it.

zacdullard
27th October 2009, 09:34 PM
Well played the both of you.

ParMaster
27th October 2009, 09:55 PM
What the hell? I didn't start a new thread..?? Just posted.

EDIT: I see this was started automatically. Thats cool

henno
27th October 2009, 09:56 PM
What the hell? I didn't start a new thread..?? Just posted.

I dare say admin would have pissed your post off out of last week's thread and into it's own.

AndyP
27th October 2009, 10:01 PM
Move the posts to a new thread
or
Make fun of the dumbarses posting in the wrong thread

It was a tough decision, but now I've managed to do both.

Yossarian
27th October 2009, 10:04 PM
Move the posts to a new thread
or
Make fun of the dumbarses posting in the wrong thread

It was a tough decision, but now I've managed to do both.

http://i34.tinypic.com/xf0m5v.jpg

Eag's
28th October 2009, 01:05 PM
Played Nudgee South Single Stroke today 87/76. It was my first hit in over 6 weeks so wasn't expecting much.
Hit some nice irons, but the driver was a bit wayward. The flat stick misbehaved today struggling with pace. Also, had a few tree dramas which never helps.

8 Greens
5 Fairways
37 Putts (4 3 jags)
9 Pars
3 Bogeys
4 Doubles
2 Triples

fenderpinky
30th October 2009, 07:37 AM
i went down to Torquay Golf Club yesterday (just down the road from Geelong) and was very impressed with the condition of the the course. they only cored the greens a week ago so obviously the greens were rough but besides that it was glorious.

the conditions were beautiful, seriously mouthwatering. Beautiful clear skies, fairly warm and only the slightest sea breeze which is fantastic for my high ball flight.

its a Par 70 these days and i managed to go out in 42 and back in 40 with the help of a nice birdie on the par 5 18th. i was REALLY suprised i was only 12+ for my round considering a had about 11 3 putts, no joke, i could not get used to the slow pace of the cored greens. i usually hate really fast greens but these were sooooo slowwwww lol. a couple of 20ft putts were coming up 10ft short where as they would usually have just gone past the hole.

my tee shot on the second (par 4), straight into the slight breeze, ended up 3 meters in front of the green, but i still could only manage par because i didn't hit the putt hard enough. it was probably 40-45ft, but i still only got about 15ft away from the hole. VERY frustrating.

so i equalled my best ever round of 12+ yet i only played medioka. i drove really well the majority of the day and some of my recovery shots were to die for. things are looking up lol.

BrisVegas
30th October 2009, 02:03 PM
well done mate. 82 is a solid score.

PeteyD
30th October 2009, 02:08 PM
Played around Gainsborough Greens with the Matchplay semi today. Managed an 89/71 with 27 putts, wish it was in comp. Things are coming good since the operation, was able to crank a few out there once I was warm, and even hit some half decent irons. V par at reddy tomorrow on smashed up greens, fun fun fun.

just
30th October 2009, 02:12 PM
27 putts! FFS how do you do that? Let me know the secret!

Jarro
30th October 2009, 02:16 PM
Just miss the greens by a fly-shit and chip up close ;)

Daves
30th October 2009, 02:17 PM
Just miss the greens by a fly-shit and chip up close ;)

or chip it in! which he did once or twice.

PeteyD
30th October 2009, 02:17 PM
1 Chip in, 1 three jab and a lot of approaches near the edges of the green. Makes the stat look better than it realy was. 8 pars, 4 of which were up and downs. The greens there were nice though.

mike
30th October 2009, 02:20 PM
A couple of years ago one of our top A graders shot 2 over and had 19 putts. Only hit something like 1 GIR but the missed greens were real close.

razaar
30th October 2009, 03:57 PM
39 pts today, drive on the 17th (through a shute of trees) clipped a branch and disappeared. Only two 3 putts which is real good for me. Could have lost a shot for the champs - which would have been a dumb-arse thing to do..

ParMaster
30th October 2009, 03:59 PM
At Keperra raz?

razaar
30th October 2009, 04:25 PM
At Keperra raz?
Wantima Pup. :)

Flavzz
30th October 2009, 05:18 PM
Had my best score ever yesterday. Played Patawolonga South, 81 (+9) off the stick, 39 out and 42 in.
1 Birdie
9 Pars
6 bogeys
2 doubles

35 putts....gross
10/18 GIR which was good

Dissapointed not to break 80 after going out in 39 but gives me some confidence that I can score well without putting too well..

adlo
30th October 2009, 10:43 PM
27 putts! FFS how do you do that? Let me know the secret!
That is easy, buy a new putter ;)

Had my best score ever yesterday. Played Patawolonga South, 81 (+9) off the stick, 39 out and 42 in.

Well done. The irons must be working.

ParMaster
30th October 2009, 11:40 PM
Did you end up buying those blades?

Long day for me tommorrow. 18 holes at Mac Links, 18 at NSW, eat dinner at NSW and then home late for a 4:30 a.m wakeup sunday morning.

adlo
30th October 2009, 11:49 PM
Life is tough Pup.

fenderpinky
31st October 2009, 12:45 AM
went out for a shitty twilight 9 holes after work today, 5th at East Geelong... very short par 4, about 275m from memory. i had a very slight breeze behind me so i dared myself to hit the driver through the VERY tight fairway... off she sailed into the twilight sky going a little to the left of the green but i didn't see it bounce... low and behold i found my ball OVER THE BACK!!! chipped it within 1ft, nice easy birdie haha :D

Flavzz
31st October 2009, 05:21 AM
That is easy, buy a new putter ;)

Well done. The irons must be working.

Yeah thanks Ad, they definately are sweet and I'm beginning to adjust to them nicely. Plan was to break 80 before the end of the year so it's given me some confidence to go a couple shots better.

Grunt
31st October 2009, 06:45 AM
Did you end up buying those blades?

Long day for me tommorrow. 18 holes at Mac Links, 18 at NSW, eat dinner at NSW and then home late for a 4:30 a.m wakeup sunday morning.

Life is tough Pup.

How about his poor dad driving to all those places and just sitting around waiting?

ParMaster
31st October 2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah I'm very grateful for that. Must be very boring for him to do that.:smt038

Yossarian
31st October 2009, 05:00 PM
Played at wembley, the tuart course. Finally put a score on the board.

88/67 I think. 40 pts. Won some wine and balls once they realised I was actually part of their group :D

adlo
31st October 2009, 05:11 PM
And lost a shot for the champs........ :mrgreen:

I played well today but could not score, had 34 points but felt like it should have been much better. Frustrating day at the office.

Hopefully 9 holes around Binningup tomorrow is more successful.

Eag's
31st October 2009, 05:17 PM
Nice shooting Yoss.

jimandr
31st October 2009, 05:47 PM
I don't normally post my social rounds, but as this week has been an 'away' week at Nelson Bay, I feel the need to talk about my golf experiences. Here is as good a place as any. Four days of golf in a row, which is the first time I have done that for years.

Tuesday at Tanilba Bay. 31 points. Couldn't get up and down to save myself.
Wednesday at Horizons. 38 points, with a choking bogey at the last, which is just about the easiest hole on the course. Played really well, and I deserved a better score.
Thursday at Pacific Dunes. 38 points. Didn't hit the ball well at all, but made a number of miracle par and bogey saves. I've said more about Pac Dunes in the thread about that course.
Friday at Hawks Nest. 36 points. Again didn't hit the ball well, but stayed out of the trees, which is all that is required around that course.

Three new courses for me, and I've now completed the entire NSW North Coast set, having played every course on the north coast between Newcastle and the border.

Ned
31st October 2009, 05:48 PM
Mareeba GC Single Stroke

9/14 Fairways in Regulation
6/18 Greens in Regulation
6 Tree hits
6 Shanks
1 Chip in
2 birdies
27 putts (Using original Rossie Two Putter)
85/74

razaar
31st October 2009, 06:52 PM
Ned if there is a book for the champs, my money will be on you. How many more tree and shank games to 11.6? Disgraceful stuff.:wink:

Courty
31st October 2009, 06:57 PM
I'm a shattered man. Yesterday I should have beat my handicap but for 2 careless putts. Today I was thinking to just concentrate on every putt & I'll be ok... yeah, right!

Today I hit it left, right, up, down & even backwards. :roll: Shanks, cold-tops, flubs, thins, pulls, massive @#$%-off slices... and then it got worse on the 2nd 9 :shock:
I only carded 2 pts on the first 6 holes of the second (front 9). As Murphy's Law dictates, I worked it out with 3 holes to go and came in with 3 regulation pars to crack the double figures for that side and 23 pts for the day. What a nice way to kill off any confidence I had of putting together a few decent rounds at the Champs.

Ned
31st October 2009, 07:00 PM
Ned if there is a book for the champs, my money will be on you. How many more tree and shank games to 11.6? Disgraceful stuff.:wink:

11.6 ????????:-s

Was 12.3, now 11.3

I just lost a shot for my last two games, Russell had great delight in hooking me for Mossman last Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

razaar
31st October 2009, 07:03 PM
11.6 ????????:-s

Was 12.3, now 11.3

I just lost a shot for my last two games, Russell had great delight in hooking me for Mossman last Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you fit two games in before the champs, four would be better?:D

Ned
31st October 2009, 07:08 PM
Can you fit two games in before the champs, four would be better?:D

:smt116

Grunt
31st October 2009, 08:23 PM
Three new courses for me, and I've now completed the entire NSW North Coast set, having played every course on the north coast between Newcastle and the border.

Well Done Jim

shazza_rs
31st October 2009, 08:32 PM
33 points at Nudgee North today. Greens were bumpy and pot luck after being cored recently. Highlight of my day was hitting the 13th in two (par 5). I've never done that before. Of course i was right down the front, with pin at the back and proceeded to 3 putt from there for a regulation par :)

Eag's
31st October 2009, 09:27 PM
I have always said you are a monster Shaz ;)

ParMaster
31st October 2009, 09:30 PM
Impressive. :D

I played 27 holes today (couldn't be fkd to do 36).

First 18 was at Macquarie Links GC and I shot +3(37 points) with an amazing 6 birdies:shock:, 4 bogeys, a triple (I'm a ****ing idiot), a double (Because I decelerated on a drive..:roll:) and 6 pars.

I hit the ball pretty average but I hit 13/14 fairways and 13 greens in total. As for the triple bogey, I shanked a 4i into the water off the tee...:evil: First shank in eons for me. :wink: I sunk many putts and I'm very pleased with myself for that aspect. My putting has improved out of sight lately.

Then I went to NSWGC after the game (and after I practiced) and played 9 holes socially and shot a decent 2 over par (38) off slightly forward tees.

After the game I went into the clubhouse for the "induction ceremony" into the eric apperley team and I got to personally meet Scott Arnold which was pretty cool. 8-)

EDIT: I lost .1 from today. So I'm still happy.

But what could have been with 6 birdies...:(

Toolish
31st October 2009, 11:53 PM
Had a round today that just came from no where.

Have not played or practiced at all recently....golf link shows 3 rounds in 3 months and there has been 1 ambrose in there as well. Went to the range Wednesday and shanked 15 out of a 40 bucket...

1st round of club champs today and shot 75...nearly back to 5. No idea where that came from, but I have never had better mental control and probably never putted better. Pity I have other commitments so can't play the rest of the rounds.

adlo
31st October 2009, 11:54 PM
Sounds like it might be better to live in the glory of what might have been.....

Nice shooting Toolish

AndyP
1st November 2009, 12:33 AM
31/10/2009, Pacific Dunes, Social.

1 birdie (4 pointer).
6 pars. (sounds good so far)
3 bogeys.
8 others. (doh!)

Score 13-12-25pts (Par 36-36-72 ACR 73)

It sounds like a bad score, but I'm not overly unhappy with it. I was using clubs that I had never used before, and I was bound to struggle a bit. The first hole was a disaster, and I took an unplayable after my tee-shot. After some more shithouse play on the first, I decided stableford was the go. I parred the next two.

It was the wipes that hurt my score, and it was usually from a wayward tee shot. I couldn't hit the 3W or hybrid 2I in the bag, so it looks like I have a big gap from driver to 3I tomorrow. Surprisingly, I hit the irons very well, which meant I had almost no greenside chipping.

The putting was a weird one. The putter felt weird, and I was never comfortable with it, but after a couple of holes I seemed to have the length dialled in for long putts, and felt really good about short putts. Unfortunately, I stuffed the confidence by pumping it way past the hole a couple of times towards the end of the round.

Next round: Tomorrow at Newcastle GC. I just need to keep it in play off the tee.

Johnny Canuck
1st November 2009, 02:07 AM
Monthly medal today. 3 to 4 club wind for most of the round.
--
80 net 75.

4 over on the front with a 9. Wasn't too pleased with that effort.

Bad double on the back when I hit a perfect (or so I thought) tee shot and landed in the collar of a bunker and had to stand in it to hit my approach. I hit it about 10 metres off the bunker face and then got so excited at the arrival of the beer cart, I thinned a sand wedge 40m long.

Coffs_Hacker
1st November 2009, 07:31 AM
First rnd of the club champs yesterday - Was feeling confident after some good scores over the last few weeks. Pulled a Vegas and choked :( 85/75 par is 69. 8 off the pace for best nett. Game feel apart on the green again.

9/12 fir
9/gir
39 putts (3x3putt, 1x4putt) ](*,)

Jarro
1st November 2009, 12:34 PM
28 points at Nudgee today.

I am a hacker :(

razaar
1st November 2009, 01:42 PM
28 points at Nudgee today.

I am a hacker :(
How can you be a hacker? Anybody who can play the 5th at Reddy with a drive and wedge for an easy par can't possibly be a hacker.:wink:

Jarro
1st November 2009, 02:05 PM
How can you be a hacker? Anybody who can play the 5th at Reddy with a drive and wedge for an easy par can't possibly be a hacker.:wink:

Good point ;)

Minor_Threat
1st November 2009, 04:16 PM
Had a bit of a NSW get together today at Newcastle thanks to AndyP's visit. Nice to meet Grunt and cutter1 for the first time. Thanks again for the game fellas!

My round wasnt too bad 33 points. Played without my knee taped today and didn't seem to give me as much grief. I hit the ball fairly well, slowly accumulated the bogies..

12 GIR
10 Fairways
33 putts
2 x 3 putts
3 birdies
5 bogies
1 double

Extra bonus was that Puppet still hasn't beaten me! ;)

ParMaster
1st November 2009, 04:23 PM
Well how about you come have a game at NSW so I can kick your ass there? ;)

1 shot....fk sake. But to the dismay of AndyP I'm still going to blame that 18th green. :)

But I did beat you in the points department. ;)

I shot +5 today at Newy and had 13 pars and 5 bogies which is a stark contrast to yesterdays game where I had several birdies.

Played with AndyP which was a blast. However I can now see why he is labeled as a slow player. :)

Thanks for the game guys. And the invites Tommy and Andrew.

Minor_Threat
1st November 2009, 04:26 PM
Well how about you come have a game at NSW so I can kick your ass there? ;)
Next time Im down in Sydney we will try and organise something.. Ill give you another golfing lesson! ;)

ParMaster
1st November 2009, 04:28 PM
:roll:

You need more help than I do. :mrgreen:

In the Hole
1st November 2009, 05:04 PM
all sq PAR at beacy hills this morning, ran a 5 ft putt short by an inch on the last that would have had me one up, bloody heavy fog to begin with, as it cleared I went down hill:smt087

matty
1st November 2009, 06:09 PM
42 points.
8 bogeys.
8 pars.
2 birdies.
No wipes!
No 3 putts!
7 over off the stick.
Drop to 12 handicap. First time in the A grade.

Toolish
1st November 2009, 06:42 PM
Sounds like it might be better to live in the glory of what might have been.....

Hard to argue with that. Leader has show 71, 71 so even another round out of my arse and I would have been 6-7 back at best!

PeteyD
1st November 2009, 06:54 PM
STARK contrast puppet - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stark

ParMaster
1st November 2009, 07:02 PM
Well whats the word I'm thinking of?

Meh.

PeteyD
1st November 2009, 07:33 PM
Stark is the word. You were saying that it was totally different to the day before - Stark Contrast.

ParMaster
1st November 2009, 08:28 PM
I thought I typed stark. ffs

zacdullard
1st November 2009, 08:36 PM
4 person ambrose today.

We had 8, 12, 14 and a 36 handcappers which ended up being around 9 overall.

We played really well and had a 9 under 62 off the stick for a 53 nett. We are confident that we would have won the day but we didn't stick around to find out.

Strange thing happened tough, walking up the hill to get to the 17th I all of a sudden felt sick and dizzy. It just hit me all of a sudden and hasn't gone away.

AndyP
1st November 2009, 08:49 PM
Strange thing happened tough, walking up the hill to get to the 17th I all of a sudden felt sick and dizzy. It just hit me all of a sudden and hasn't gone away.
Does looking at the monitor make it worse?

No?

http://xona.com/opticalillusions/images/Fraser_Spiral.gif

Worse now?

AndyP
1st November 2009, 09:04 PM
01/11/2009, Newcastle GC, Stableford.

I didn't bother keeping stats, since I'm using someone else's clubs.
-------
5 pars.
11 bogeys.
2 others.

Score 43-45-88 stab 17-15-32pts (Par 36-36-72 ACR 72)

Once again, I'm happy with that. I learnt from the day before, and mostly kept the bad clubs in the bag. It was good to halfway, and I felt with some better putting from inside 5 metres I could have been a couple under the cap, but I really fell away on the back nine with some wayward driving and scraggy shots overall, even the putting. I added some respectability to the score by parring the last two (shot holes) that play shorter than usual with temp greens.

Next round: OZgolf Matchplay Final at Pacific Harbour in less than two weeks. As I said today, warmups are overrated, but I can't help feeling that I should at least hit another ball before then.

cutter1
1st November 2009, 09:27 PM
Good luck in the matchplay.

AndyP
1st November 2009, 09:30 PM
Good luck in the matchplay.Bad choice of words, but thanks.

BrisVegas
1st November 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm a shattered man. Yesterday I should have beat my handicap but for 2 careless putts. Today I was thinking to just concentrate on every putt & I'll be ok... yeah, right!

Today I hit it left, right, up, down & even backwards. :roll: Shanks, cold-tops, flubs, thins, pulls, massive @#$%-off slices... and then it got worse on the 2nd 9 :shock:
I only carded 2 pts on the first 6 holes of the second (front 9). As Murphy's Law dictates, I worked it out with 3 holes to go and came in with 3 regulation pars to crack the double figures for that side and 23 pts for the day. What a nice way to kill off any confidence I had of putting together a few decent rounds at the Champs.

wow, sounds like you played like me. I backed up last week's 74, with a craptacular 93 yesterday. 3 birdies in that too! I think that's my last hit before the champs too, as I'm busy with pool fencing and paving next weekend.

Dotty
1st November 2009, 10:53 PM
Very scary AndyP. I had 32 there on Friday (off 12), also two pars on the temporaries, but it was split 16+16.

And 39 (17+22) around Pennant Hills yesterday with 27 putts.

And -2 vs par around Carnarvon today with close to 40 putts.

idgolfguy
2nd November 2009, 11:47 AM
Played the worst ever that I can remember:
Hit 41 and 60 on respectively at the Vines. The 41 had 2 doubles. The 60 had 7 doubles, 2 triples and a quad. Didn't loose a ball, the driver was 100% on the fairway. Approaches, chips and pitches had gone awry. Couldn't get out of bunkers.

adlo
2nd November 2009, 03:47 PM
What a change after Kwinana last week. Which idgolfguy will show up this weekend? The hacker or the bandit?

ParMaster
2nd November 2009, 04:25 PM
The 41 had 2 doubles. The 60 had 7 doubles, 2 triples and a quad.

:-k

How do you do that? :?

Grunt
2nd November 2009, 04:31 PM
Just worked out the stats for yesterdays game at Newcastle

22 points
104 Gross
8/14 Fairways
1 GIR
35 putts (4x 3 putts,5x 1 putts)
0/6 Sand Saves
3/6 Up & downs - a fair few Up,Up & putt putt Downs.
6 strokes in Penalties

Next game : Cabramatta - Monday next week, Work Social hit

razaar
2nd November 2009, 05:13 PM

By reading "My swing journey" thread.:wink:

idgolfguy
3rd November 2009, 12:33 AM

The front nine pissed me off as I had two doubles caused by getting in bunkers and having to take more than one to get out.

I don't practice bunkers as I don't often get into them. On Saturday, I was in the bunker 12 times with 20 shots in total over the 18.

Putted poorly overall with 33 putts. Short game such as pitches and chips - left the ball too far from the hole.

It was a nightmare.

idgolfguy
3rd November 2009, 12:34 AM
What a change after Kwinana last week. Which idgolfguy will show up this weekend? The hacker or the bandit?
Hopefully, it will be out of my system. I did hit the driver well though.

adlo
3rd November 2009, 03:57 AM
I think PM was referring more to the total of ten scores in a 9 hole round.... :lol:

idgolfguy
3rd November 2009, 10:08 AM
I think PM was referring more to the total of ten scores in a 9 hole round.... :lol:
Oh! Typo. Went back to golfshot and had a look - 6 doubles. Just felt like more.

ParMaster
3rd November 2009, 01:08 PM
:lol:

I'm probably going to have a hit at Hudson park today. It's a tiny little par 60 that is very easy. I hope to shoot -6. :mrgreen:

Grunt what was the 1 green that you hit in regulation?

Minor_Threat
3rd November 2009, 01:12 PM
Grunt what was the 1 green that you hit in regulation?
I think it was the 16th mate..

ParMaster
3rd November 2009, 01:18 PM
Jeez of all the holes to get a GIR you do it on a 210m par 3. ;)

Grunt
3rd November 2009, 06:26 PM
Easy Hole! 3 putt Bogey