PDA

View Full Version : Golf stats software for Palm OS ??

BrisVegas
25th May 2004, 01:14 PM
Hey, can anyone recommend a good program to capture golf stats, ie. fairways, GIR, putts, scores etc... with ability to capture multiple rounds???

And while I'm at it... Can anyone give any feedback on the PalmOne Tungsten T3 ?? I can get one pretty cheap thru work. Specs etc are at http://www.palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-t3/specs.html but I'm not a geek, just want general impressions etc...

Thanks in advance! 8)

Fishman Dan
25th May 2004, 02:03 PM
I've used a Palm extensively, and dabbled with the iPaq's. We give our reps iPaq's here, and they're not extensively relied upon.

The best progie is IntelliGolf, but there's a license cost. I had a copy years ago and it tracks just about everything, and can be synched with the desktop PC.

You can't go too far wrong with Palm, but it just depends if you need it to integrate with your desktop mail etc.

markTHEblake
25th May 2004, 03:01 PM
Here is a list of golf applications for the Palm

http://www.toffgolf.com/aisle6.html?iloc=

goughy
25th May 2004, 05:50 PM
I'm a big time fan of the palm. I have an older model tho, the VIIx.

I've also got intelligolf, which is fantastic. I'll see if I've got a demo or something I can shoot thru to ya. The version I have sync's with your desktop, which makes it easier to view stats.

BrisVegas
25th May 2004, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. Intelligolf was the one I found when I had a bit of a look on google. A guy at work downloaded a trial version for his HP palm PC and showed me. It looks pretty cool. I'd be interested to see how the GPS works... Especially if it can hook into the network on Brookwater and other places that have it set up. Lots more research to go on that.

The Palm Tungsten T3 looks like a pretty flash unit. Not sure if I would need all that power and features etc if I'm just gonna do golf stats tracking on it. We'll see. I'm a bit of a sucker for cool toys...