PDA

View Full Version : Smoothy Q?

Deano
23rd October 2009, 10:27 PM
Guys
I've had the Smoothy Classic for about a year now, great buggy!!
Only issue is it takes up soooo much room in the back of the Territory.
Anyone have experience with, or own one of the more compact foldable
Smoothy buggies? I've seen the 'Speed' and 'Lightening' models online - they OK?
Appreciate any thoughts.
Deano

Dotty
23rd October 2009, 11:13 PM
Ditto on the Smoothy Classic. (With hindsight, the Speed looks a better option for the same money, as I don't use the seat.)

I used to remove the wheels to get a bag and buggy in the back of a Forester, and still hide it under the cargo cover. Now discovered a 8.5" bag will fit diagonally under the buggy with the wheels left on.

Jon
24th October 2009, 01:14 AM
Guys
I've had the Smoothy Classic for about a year now, great buggy!!
Only issue is it takes up soooo much room in the back of the Territory.
Anyone have experience with, or own one of the more compact foldable
Smoothy buggies? I've seen the 'Speed' and 'Lightening' models online - they OK?
Appreciate any thoughts.
Deano
If your looking to save space and great performance Deano check out the Clikgear.
http://www.clicgear.com/videos.html

just
24th October 2009, 07:30 AM
Deano
I have a Smoothy Express, which is a model that was out a couple of years ago, which is essentially similar to a Lightning or a Speed. It's a great buggy.
One thing you may want to be aware of is that the Clicgear's, in comparison to my Smoothy suspension model, do feel heavy to push. I suspect that is due to there short wheelbase and lack of suspension. Other than that the Clicgears look great and do fold small. The other option that you may want to look at if you want ultra small is the Bag Boy Mini GT (http://www.bagboycompany.com/p-56-mini-gt.aspx#) , I had a look at it in Drummonds the other day, very nice.

Jon
24th October 2009, 08:47 AM
Deano
I have a Smoothy Express, which is a model that was out a couple of years ago, which is essentially similar to a Lightning or a Speed. It's a great buggy.
One thing you may want to be aware of is that the Clicgear's, in comparison to my Smoothy suspension model, do feel heavy to push. I suspect that is due to there short wheelbase and lack of suspension. Other than that the Clicgears look great and do fold small. The other option that you may want to look at if you want ultra small is the Bag Boy Mini GT (http://www.bagboycompany.com/p-56-mini-gt.aspx#) , I had a look at it in Drummonds the other day, very nice.
The Clicgear is no heavier to push than the Smoothy and vice versa, both good buggies, just that the CG is much more compact folded.
I have used both.

just
24th October 2009, 08:59 AM
So have I Jon, in fact I have pushed my express side by side with clicgears, and there certainly is a difference.

Have you pushed a Smoothy Express, Lightning or Speed at all? They are quite different to the Smoothy to push.

Jon
24th October 2009, 09:11 AM
So have I Jon, in fact I have pushed my express side by side with clicgears, and there certainly is a difference.

Have you pushed a Smoothy Express, Lightning or Speed at all? They are quite different to the Smoothy to push.
Nope, just the bog stock standard black Smoothy, think it's the Classic.

Daves
24th October 2009, 09:19 AM
New Smoothy model updates out soon. The Classic has been updated to fold down more compactly, and now have adjustable suspension. Other models have also updated according to a feature in this month's GA mag.

Ferrins
24th October 2009, 09:27 AM
Buy a clicgear model 2.0 from Rockbottom and you'll have it on your doorstep in just over a week for under $300 Aussie.

Deano
24th October 2009, 11:00 AM
OK, thanks for the suggestions guys.
Will suss out a few of these models at the golf shops thisarvo.
Deano

Hux
24th October 2009, 03:47 PM
I have the Smoothy Swift. What can I say...its a golf buggy. It is collapsible and if anything is like the old fashioned folders were all had in the 70's except it was a 3rd wheel and they come off.

One thing is that the handle pushed back in on itself when you push up sloped - I am going to drill it and put a bolt throught o lock it in place....one day.