PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy clubs?

Shane
23rd October 2009, 09:41 AM
G'day to all

I'm a new member and reasonably new to the golf game, I looking to upgrade my clubs and tested the Taylormade 2009 Burner irons which I found quite good at Ray Drummonds, they quoted around $1000 but searching on the internet I can get them for around $500 (from overseas.)

Is there a catch as normally if it sounds to be too good to be true it usually is

Any advice would be much appreciated and recommendations to purchase from would also be helpful

Thanks.........Shane

AndyP
23rd October 2009, 01:51 PM
It's possible that they are fakes, Shane. If you've got photos of them, post them here, so some of the experts can have a look.

3oneday
23rd October 2009, 02:07 PM
And if they are on ebay Shane, drop the link or item number in here and we'll give you our best guesstimate.

But don't worry about someone stealing them out from under your nose, there's an unwritten rule about that ;)

just
23rd October 2009, 02:07 PM
Or at least tell us who you are buying them through, that should give a good indication of how legit they are. Someone may also be able to suggest a good alternative.

3oneday
23rd October 2009, 02:10 PM
Don't we know a Shane in Victoria ? and I don't mean Shaneo.

nickentguy
23rd October 2009, 02:16 PM
There are probably 10 overseas places mentioned somewhere in these forums that are very reliable. I recently paid $904 delivered for a set of irons that at discounted rates in Australia would have been over $2,000. Before I was sold the clubs I was asked every piece of information about my game and my physical dimensions. There was 6 questions on the divots I take!!! The details were passed from the supplier to the manufacturer who built the clubs to suit me. OK I would have liked to spend my money in Australia but I'm just greedy and did not want to throw $1,100 away.

If anyone is interested in Muzuno I can pass info on re the supplier.

henno
23rd October 2009, 02:30 PM
3balls have 'em in "Open box, cancelled order" (Read: new).

They're a safe bet, at least with regards to condition and authenticity.

just
23rd October 2009, 02:48 PM
3balls have 'em in "Open box, cancelled order" (Read: new).

They're a safe bet, at least with regards to condition and authenticity.

The Callaway X18R's are a great deal with free shipping from 3balls.

nickentguy
23rd October 2009, 03:14 PM
3balls .. you get exactly what they state (maybe even better!!) one of the many that you can trust

ParMaster
23rd October 2009, 04:44 PM
3balls are great. Almost always get the club in much better condition that they state.

3oneday
23rd October 2009, 04:49 PM
Yep, almost always.

sms316
23rd October 2009, 06:14 PM
Don't we know a Shane in Victoria ? and I don't mean Shaneo.
We do too! He just got the job on Top Gear Australia.

Courty
23rd October 2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10512