PDA

View Full Version : Killara Golf Course

Trung
9th February 2005, 08:39 PM
March 17th, my name is down for a game there.

Had a game with my head pro last week. He was impressed with my on and off course etiquette. :D
A week later "Trungie, you want to play with me at Killara on March 17th?" :P (to be paid for by him :shock: )

http://www.kgc.com.au/

Can anyone tell me about this course? I know it is private and in the top 100 courses but that's the end of my knowledge about Killara.

Ducky
9th February 2005, 08:44 PM
Well, just by looking at their website I can see they host weddings. So who knows? If things go well on the course with you and your pro you may be able to tie the knot afterwards.

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
9th February 2005, 09:02 PM
I can confirm that it is in the top 100.......just. Number 100 to be exact, number 93 in 2002.

Andrew
9th February 2005, 10:26 PM
It's very similar to the other courses up that way & not dissimilar to your own home course. It probably won't be in the top 100 next time, but is a nice course.

The course is not that long with a couple of par 5's being very reachable, although they are relativily tight, so you want to be careful. It is reasonably hilly, with some uphill approach shots.

3oneday
10th February 2005, 06:12 AM
Well, just by looking at their website I can see they host weddings. So who knows? If things go well on the course with you and your pro you may be able to tie the knot afterwards.

:lol:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky). :lol: :lol:

They just played the 1st round of the NSW Amateur there, can't think of the guys name (he came third in the NSW Open ??) shot 63, 9 under :shock: :shock: . 2 of the guys from Windsor played there, said it's a good track, middle of the road in length, nothing too difficult. My 5 marker buddy shot 81, and said he left a lot out there, and that was his first time on the course.

Pete

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:10 AM
Trung - i used to live next to the course (when i was knee high), so all i can really tell you is that little kids aren't welcome to run around the grounds.

I can tell you however that a) Very tall trees line the fairways, and b) i'm envious!

TS
10th February 2005, 08:38 AM
I played there a few months ago. It is not a bad course, but it is not in the top tier of golf course in NSW. You should have an enjoyable day there.

burger
10th February 2005, 12:13 PM
A couple of mates who played there about 5+ years ago said it has/had very true greens . . . .

Oh and its in Killara!

and looks loverly from the road as I drive past . . . :(

Jono
11th February 2005, 05:38 AM
Killara's a nice track. I played there last year in a Father and Son foursome game. Tight course, lots of trees. Ball sits up nicely on well groomed kikuyu fairways, but you hardly ever get a flat lie. Greens are a little tricky but true.

Your new found accuracy should come in handy. :wink: Have fun.

Speirsy11
14th February 2005, 06:06 PM
I play there regularly with a good friend of mine who is a member.....here's a quick low down.....

1. Take advantage of the par 5's. Most are reachable, with flat greens and large landing areas off the tee. 9 and 10 are both short par 5's that are a great start of you are in a group going off 9 as your first hole. The first is also very reachable if you hit it in the fairway.

2. The par 3's are very good. 2, 17 and 8 are very good holes (8 is a 200 yard beast), while 11 is short, it can get tricky if you miss right.

3. 12-15 is a tricky run, as is 3-8......The key to these holes is to keep it on the short grass off the tee and not get greedy. #5 is as good a hole as you'll see in northern Sydney (DON'T go left :D ).

4. 18 plays longer then it looks.

5. Enjoy. This is a great members course. It's not a bad championship track, but is more of a members daily track then somewhere like Royal Sydney or the Australian.

Let me know if you want anymore info.

Speirsy11

PS. My best there is 69, which pales in comparison to the 63 that Won Joon Lee shot there in the first round of the NSW amateur......I watched him shoot that 63 and let me tell you, it was VERY impressive. One of the best amateur rounds I've ever seen.

Trung
14th February 2005, 06:14 PM
Speirsy11,

Thanks mate.. sounds like a good track. :smt023

Will report back in 5 weeks :D

Speirsy11
14th February 2005, 06:56 PM
Speirsy11,

Thanks mate.. sounds like a good track. :smt023

Will report back in 5 weeks :D

I think you'll really like it. It's not too tough, so it can be had on a good day, but does have some challenging shots and is in excellent nick most of the time.

Speirsy11

Fishman Dan
14th February 2005, 07:07 PM
Left our explanations looking a little short :oops:

Trung
17th March 2005, 10:20 PM
I played at Killara Golf Course today.
"Charity day for Bowel Cancer Research Institute"

What a great golf course. In my book there are 18 very good holes however I don't like the layout of holes as they are on 3 seperate pieces of land.

Weather = not too good, constant rain all day

Golf = Had 79 off the stick (42+37 :P ) . All short par 5s were unreachable because of wet fairways.

* Highlight was my back 9s :P
* Paul Vautin & Peter Sterling was 2 groups behind our group. The FootyShow camera went around with them (to be aired tonight on the Footy Show)
* Lowlight was when I almost took John Newcombe's head when I played a shot up the wrong fairway :oops: :oops: