PDA

View Full Version : PX Flighted questions

goonie
21st October 2009, 12:58 PM
Never tried these shafts, Do they play to flex or are they stiffer to flex like the STD PX's?
Thinking of getting some X-22 Tours but they seem to mainly come in 5.0 or 6.0 flighted, I don't want 6.0 as they are heavier than I like so if they play stiffer to flex like the PX's I might just try some with the 5.0's

7 iron - 150-155m
5 iron - 170-175m
normal swing and I'd say medium tempo
Driver SS 100-105

thanks

3oneday
21st October 2009, 01:14 PM
I hit 5 iron about 155 and use PX 5.5. Never used Flighted but I can't see why you would go near 5.0 unless you wanted to hit it even further ?

zigwah
21st October 2009, 01:35 PM
I have hit 6.0 recently and it felt like swinging a broomstick, they felt terrible. I've also hit DG S300's, they were ok still a bit stiff for me was hit six iron 150. Just glued some stiff KBS Tours soft stepped once in my X20 Tours going to see how they go, also have a set of KBS Tours on the way in Reg, I'll try em to flex first, may end up hard stepping them once.

Those are my experiences with shafts over aboot 10 months, also hit TT XL Regs in the kZG's and they were the best so far.

Will be interesting how the kbs's go.

Out of all those shafts the PX Flighted i disliked the most, too stiff, too boardy, shit feel, to me.

When i was younger i used to hit DG R300's with my 7 iron in a set of Prosimmon Crusaders and they were sweet and i judge all shafts on those now, maybe wrongly thats just what i do.

So i probably went a stiff shaft when i came here and it wasn't the right move, so i think i am in the middle of the 2 flexes.

Hmmmmm not much to do there about PX flighteds but hope it helps some, anyways hoping the one of the 2 sets of KBS's end the search for a shaft for me, maybe i should try R300's lol

I would also add that i think i am more of a swinger than a hitter.

Oh and i think the PX Flighted play stiffer to flex, and was told recently that their weight tolerences are all the the shop, apparently why TT took them over.

In conclusion LOL i would say try the 5.0's or some other shaft.

But what would i know :)

SV8
21st October 2009, 02:04 PM
Lee - I had the 5.0 flighted in a set of x20 tours and they were rubbish, have returned to the std precision 5.0 rifle in my 962b's and they are like throwing darts, despite the tiny sweetspot - hope this helps

backintheswing
21st October 2009, 02:30 PM
Lee - I had PX 6.0 in my Ping S59's and in my current TM Muscle Back I have the PX 6.0 flighted. The shafts to me play at the same stiffness. The only thing I notice is that the longer irons in the TM MB's, 3-5, seem to have a slightly lower ball flight, which is what the flighted shaft does. But this could also have something to do with the different iron head. I have roughly the same swing speed and distances as you, and I wouldn't go any lower than the 6.0.

Oldplayer
21st October 2009, 08:29 PM
I bought a set of 2004 Miura forged rac cb's off fleabay for the heads. They had the project X flighted 6.0 in them. Before I had them reshafted with KBS tours I took them to the range for a tryout. They definately played stiff to flex like other project X and I found them very boardy and lacking feel, except for being very harsh on mishits. Admitedly 6.0 would be stiffer than I would normally hit, (S300's are good for me) but nevertheless i did not like these shafts at all.

goonie
21st October 2009, 08:54 PM
6.0 is between stiff and extra stiff in the rifle scale, 5.5 is the closest rifle flex to S300, thats why I am curious if the 5.0's play a bit stiffer in the PX flighted's that way I can give them a run before putting my KBS's in.

I really don't know why OEM's have/are fitting sub flex PX's in there clubs and calling a 5.0 reg and 6.0 Stiff, there 1/2 a flex stiffer and maybe more because they are PX's.