PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

goughy
9th February 2005, 08:17 PM
Friday night the mini series starts. I'm litteraly counting the minutes. What's cool is clikchic can't wait for it either. I'm so happy she's into the whole sci-fi thingy.

Jarro
9th February 2005, 08:24 PM
i'll be watching too Goughy :wink:

gazgolf1
9th February 2005, 08:33 PM
Seen it and its great. :D
The first season of the new series is awesome too :P

markTHEblake
9th February 2005, 10:45 PM
I am getting worried about you Goughy, all the shows you keep mentioning are my favourites as well.

davidp
9th February 2005, 10:53 PM
I miss the originial series. Hopefully they'll put in on late at night. I think it used to be on Channel 7.

The enemy, the Cylons, used to have a catchphrase that every I.T help desk person repeats daily "Look in the manual."

goughy
10th February 2005, 07:16 AM
I am getting worried about you Goughy, all the shows you keep mentioning are my favourites as well.

Every time I see your avatar I remember how much I loved that particular episode too blakey, even before I was into golf.

Just about everything is on dvd these days except get smart :cry: . I even saw box sets of 'the persuaders' with roger moore and tony curtis at big W. They're only like $23 a season. Might have to pick them up.

markTHEblake
12th February 2005, 12:24 AM
It was good but wasnt overly impressed, IMHO the original series is better. I was looking forward to it being a show i could enjoy watching with my kids, but the gratuitous sex scenes kinda rule that out. Why does it seem to be so common now to remake kids shows into adults only shows. Makes sense on one hand to appeal to the same but older audience, but we also want our kids to see it too.

I also noticed that after this first episode its hard to see who the main couple of characters are meant to be, as screen time was split fairly evenly over the cast, unlike the original, maybe thats a good thing. I think it might take a while to get the old characters out of my head, becuase none of their personalities bare any resemblance to the new show.

And it seems they dropped the originals unique units of time, instead using hours, minutes etc. I kinda enjoyed hearing things like "i'll be back in a coupla centons"

Didnt think much of the new Starbuck, I reckon the old one was better looking, and ;-), but Boomer - now thats much better. As long as she is still in it, I'll keep watching!

Jarro
12th February 2005, 05:39 AM
sorry guys but ......... i thought it sucked :!: :roll:

gazgolf1
12th February 2005, 11:44 AM
Waiting for Starbuck to come out wisecracking with a cigar hanging out of his mouth hey jarro?
Don't worry it gets better

goughy
12th February 2005, 01:02 PM
Clikchic and I didn't mind it. She found she was just getting into it when it finished. Luckily there is another tonight.

Wonder when the series is gonna start?

davidp
12th February 2005, 03:53 PM
From a writing / plot point of view, I thought last night's opener lacked anything to really grab the audience from the first. I was tempted to just switch it off.

Started to get into it a little bit towards the end.

Wasn't Boomer a robotic dog in the original?

jaster
12th February 2005, 04:39 PM
I watched it for 30mins..sorry but I just couldn't tell what all the loving and semi nudity had to do with a Battelstart and a Galactica :cry: :lol:

markTHEblake
12th February 2005, 11:42 PM
Wasn't Boomer a robotic dog in the original?

Boomer was a black male pilot.

I thought the show tonight was much better, and nice twist at the end to keep it going.

gazgolf1
13th February 2005, 01:38 PM
It's a lot darker and more character driven than the original version and when the series starts it really builds up through 13 episodes to a nice little cliffhanger.
Love it. :P

markTHEblake
13th February 2005, 08:06 PM
yeah Gaz its definitely not the Starbuck and Apollo show, and the only characters that dont have any flawed personality traits are the Human Cylons.

Now that I have seen both parts, I reckon that the idea behind the sex scenes was to show that the cylon's can pass themselves off as human in *every* possible way. Matter of fact I think i might get one myself, gotta be the ultimate in blow up dolls, (but do they iron?).

Ona
13th February 2005, 09:54 PM
so this first series you guys a drooling over, was it running the same time as black/white Doctor Who?

markTHEblake
13th February 2005, 10:40 PM
The original is late 70's. and it was Buck Rogers we were drooling over.

markTHEblake
29th March 2005, 11:27 AM
when the series starts it really builds up through 13 episodes to a nice little cliffhanger.

your not kidding, we just finished watching all the episodes last night and you coulda knocked us over with a feather. definitely the best cliffhanger on TV since "Who shot JR", and the best "what the ?" since the Matrix.

cliffhanger is an understatement actually, there was about 5 of them.

gazgolf1
29th March 2005, 01:16 PM
when the series starts it really builds up through 13 episodes to a nice little cliffhanger.

your not kidding, we just finished watching all the episodes last night and you coulda knocked us over with a feather. definitely the best cliffhanger on TV since "Who shot JR", and the best "what the ?" since the Matrix.

cliffhanger is an understatement actually, there was about 5 of them.

Yep :P , can't wait for season 2 8)

gazgolf1
2nd April 2005, 04:41 PM
Just a note to say that channel 10 in their infinite wisdom have shifted BSG from 9.30 to 10.30 on Wednesday nights :roll: ....and they wonder why people download shows off the net.

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 12:33 AM
Yep :P , can't wait for season 2 8)

Fire up the P2P, its starting again July 16th.

I have been able to finish the downloads withing 3-4 days of the show airing in the USA - not bad hey. On broadband you would probably get it a bit quicker i guess.

gazgolf1
13th July 2005, 05:11 AM
On broadband you would probably get it a bit quicker i guess.

Yeah...just a touch. :wink:

goughy
13th July 2005, 06:00 AM
I'm guessing you mean starting in the states on july 16th. Next year for us :(

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 08:23 AM
yep, thats USA, or maybe UK, who had it first last time.

no idea when we will get it. But hey, it doesnt take long to download even on dialup.

ben
13th July 2005, 10:31 AM
yep, thats USA, or maybe UK, who had it first last time.

no idea when we will get it.   But hey, it doesnt take long to download even on dialup.

not taking into account the legal considerations of course :)

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 04:16 PM
If i can watch it on TV or make a recording of it - for free, seems silly that it's illegal to download it from the internet.

gazgolf1
13th July 2005, 04:52 PM
Rumour has it Channel 10 won't be showing season 2 because ratings for season 1 were poor....jeez I wonder why it did'nt rate in that prime 10.30pm timeslot. :?

ben
13th July 2005, 06:17 PM
If i can watch it on TV or make a recording of it - for free,  seems silly that it's illegal to download it from the internet.

Not really, when you watch it and record it it has ads, which is what pays for free tv. When you d/l it it doesn't have ads and robs the local stations of money. pretty simple mark.

Bruce
13th July 2005, 07:06 PM
If i can watch it on TV or make a recording of it - for free, seems silly that it's illegal to download it from the internet.

Not really, when you watch it and record it it has ads, which is what pays for free tv. When you d/l it it doesn't have ads and robs the local stations of money. pretty simple mark.

Rob??? Are you kidding?

Commercial TV funding is the biggest house of cards you will find in any industry. Guesses, projections, manipulations and outright lies go into the rates and advertisers pay them because that's what they charge and where else are you gunna go. It's a business model they know isn't sustainable in the future which is why they are hanging on like hell and obstructing any moves forward. TiVo (and TiVo-likes) aren't available because the networks won't release their schedule and certainly won't stick to it because actual data might start to turn up as well as people won't be interested in anything other than the actual product. The clock is ticking on the complete cutover to digital TV and everyone is flapping around in a panic because less than 20% of Australians have bothered to update to digital receivers. Why? Because people don't want to spend $$ to watch exactly the same stuff they get now.

They could do with a little robbing.

goughy
13th July 2005, 07:24 PM
Rumour has it Channel 10 won't be showing season 2 because ratings for season 1 were poor....jeez I wonder why it did'nt rate in that prime 10.30pm timeslot. :?

Clikchic has started crying. We've got tons of bandwidth available each month but am not gonna watch it on the computer and our old dvd player won't play burnt dvd's. Now I'm gonna cry.

Also, it's illegal to tape tv shows to watch later.

ben
13th July 2005, 07:44 PM
If i can watch it on TV or make a recording of it - for free,  seems silly that it's illegal to download it from the internet.

Not really, when you watch it and record it it has ads, which is what pays for free tv.  When you d/l it it doesn't have ads and robs the local stations of money.  pretty simple mark.

Rob???  Are you kidding?

Commercial TV funding is the biggest house of cards you will find in any industry.  Guesses, projections, manipulations and outright lies go into the rates and advertisers pay them because that's what they charge and where else are you gunna go.  It's a business model they know isn't sustainable in the future which is why they are hanging on like hell and obstructing any moves forward.  TiVo (and TiVo-likes) aren't available because the networks won't release their schedule and certainly won't stick to it because actual data might start to turn up as well as people won't be interested in anything other than the actual product.  The clock is ticking on the complete cutover to digital TV and everyone is flapping around in a panic because less than 20% of Australians have bothered to update to digital receivers.  Why?  Because people don't want to spend $$ to watch exactly the same stuff they get now.

They could do with a little robbing.

Bruce,

i think you'll find that tivo won't work here because we don't have the population to support it. Same as pay TV, foxtel keep's losing cash because its expensive, we don't have the market for it and at the end of the day Aussie's don't put the same emphasis on TV as americans (prob because the lack of quality local content more than anything else).

As a Tivo user I would love to see it supported in Australia, the guide data would be probablly 95% accurate, its rare that the stations change from their advertised schedule.

Never the less, I'm not saying the networks are right, but certinally encouraging pircay on an open golf forum isn't something that I would suggest is a good idea.

ben
13th July 2005, 07:45 PM
back to the topic for a sec,

as an avid watcher of Battle star, I gotta say it was the slowest show I've ever seen, not supprised it failed in the ratings. Was about as good as Star Trek Enterprise.

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 09:57 PM
 We've got tons of bandwidth available each month but am not gonna watch it on the computer and our old dvd player won't play burnt dvd's.

Get a DVD player that plays DivX for $70 and bobs your uncle, or a modded Xbox, or hook a PC up to the TV. I got all three of those, surely an audiophile like yourself with that great Amp deserves one of those.

Also, it's illegal to tape tv shows to watch later.

You should have phoned a freind before answering that question

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca1968133/s111.htm

The industry calls this timeshifting. In fact Foxtel and Austar are going out of their way to promote personal recordings by implementing TIVO.

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 10:22 PM

Not really, when you watch it and record it it has ads, which is what pays for free tv.  When you d/l it it doesn't have ads and robs the local stations of money.  pretty simple mark.

I like everyone else, fast forwarded through the adds, or went to the dunny. So it doesnt make any difference.

Regardless, How did I rob the station of money by downloading a TV program rather than watching it on FTA? Nobody knows whether I did or did not watch TV and its relevant commercials. The TV stations say their ratings are affected, well how do they bloody know.

Now what if i only download shows that are on the ABC, does that mean I am saving taxpayers money.

Channels are adapting to the changes in the way people are watching TV - hence the increased watermarks and ticker advertisments we are seeing during broadcasts, which are annoying, and its only going get worse.

Fishman Dan
13th July 2005, 10:50 PM
I think copyright prevents you from reproducing the program without prior written consent of the owner, for the purpose of showing publicly, promotion or profit-making.

I think it's taken for granted that someone will tape a TV show for personal use, and often remove it after it's being viewed. After all, i've recycled the same VHS tape in my recorder since the 2001 AFL Grand Final, it's now got tonight's episode of House.

While acquiring the software isn't exactly legal, i think you're ok if you're not planning on reproducing and distributing illegally.

gazgolf1
14th July 2005, 06:45 AM
back to the topic for a sec,

as an avid watcher of Battle star, I gotta say it was the slowest show I've ever seen, not supprised it failed in the ratings.  Was about as good as Star Trek Enterprise.

gotta agree with you Ben it was slow but I still like it and as far as it bombing in the ratings the only place that happened was here because of the time they put it on.It's huge in the US and the Poms love it too.

goughy
14th July 2005, 06:59 AM
Clikchic was overjoyed when I told her a new season was starting in the states. She was worried that might be the end of it. And she was really pissed at the 10.30 timeslot. But that seems to be the lot for sci-fi.

I remember when st voyager was starting, channel 9 was billing it as the first st in years on in prime time. It only took a few weeks for them to move it to like 11pm. Didn't stop us watching it tho. We just taped it. Since I got her hooked into voyager she's become a real sci-fi fan. Yay. Although she was always into stargate.

At that timeslot I wonder how many people tape it and watch it later. I bet the ratings surveys only account for what is being watched live and not the stuff that's taped. Could be a huge following, just not watching it live.

ben
14th July 2005, 07:28 AM

I like everyone else, fast forwarded through the adds, or went to the dunny.  So it doesnt make any difference.

Regardless, How did I rob the station of money by downloading a TV program rather than watching it on FTA?    Nobody knows whether I did or did not watch TV and its relevant commercials.    The TV stations say their ratings are affected, well how do they bloody know.

Now what if i only download shows that are on the ABC, does that mean I am saving taxpayers money.

Channels are adapting to the changes in the way people are watching TV - hence the increased watermarks and ticker advertisments we are seeing during broadcasts, which are annoying, and its only going get worse.

So mark, lets expand this a little based on your argument. I can tape songs off a radio station, so there's no problem with me d/l mp3's from the internet and playing them all the time. Movies will eventually come to FTA, so again, no problem d/ling movies off the internet.

Piracy is piracy, doesn't matter how you want to dress it up.

markTHEblake
14th July 2005, 12:20 PM
Ben,  I just commented on the irony in the law, and asking you a question how the stations are being robbed.

and its a rhetoric anyway that doesnt need answering.

markTHEblake
14th July 2005, 12:54 PM
Gaz, Goughy, what do you speculate what the Cylons are up to?

Remember that they 'have a plan' but its still not entirely clear what that might be.

It seems to me that;
- we havent seen who are the leaders of the cylons yet. The Human Cylons seem to be only operatives, and 6 is the senior one.
- The human cylons seem to know always where the Galactica is, but the Toasters seem to be intent on wiping them out.
- a key aspect of the Human Cylons plan is the child that will come from Caprica Boomer and Helo. They went out of their way to make sure that happened.

My theory is that the Human Cylons are acting completely independantly of the toasters, and they are planning and manipulating every step of the way, and that their ultimate plan is that they simply want to be Human - and be loved.

Its also going to be interesting to see the outcome of the cliffhanger. Tigh in charge with the manipulating wife, Baltar or Zarek as president, and what they will do to Boomer, considering she went from ultimate hero to ultimate villain in an instant.

gazgolf1
14th July 2005, 01:14 PM
I think the Cylons need the humans to get them to Earth.
I think Lt Gaeta (dorky looking command officer that found the Cylon devices earlier in the season) is a cylon.It looked like he handed Boomer the gun that she shot Adama with and check out the slight grin on his face when he saw Adama cop it and before he called for Medics.

clikchic
14th July 2005, 06:35 PM
I think the cylons are trying to attain 'humanity'. It was the question asked in acouple of movies - bicentenial man (yech) and A.I. - at what point does a machine cross the border to humanity. Is it being fully self aware etc etc. Considering that the human cylons are virtually identical to humans physiologically - are they on the way.

markTHEblake
14th July 2005, 07:22 PM
It looked like he handed Boomer the gun that she shot Adama with and check out the slight grin on his face when he saw Adama cop it and before he called for Medics.

Blimey - just checked that and I think your onto something there.....

Have you heard the "podcasts" ie the directors commentary. I have downloaded them, just havent listened to them yet, it could mention something about that.

gazgolf1
15th July 2005, 05:27 AM
It looked like he handed Boomer the gun that she shot Adama with and check out the slight grin on his face when he saw Adama cop it and before he called for Medics.

Blimey - just checked that and I think your onto something there.....  

Have you heard the "podcasts"  ie the directors commentary. I have downloaded them, just havent listened to them yet, it could mention something about that.

No have'nt heard them.
I think he's been asked but does'nt really release any info.
The BSG forum on this site http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php
Has some good stuff.The guy who plays the Chief of the flightdeck is a regular poster.I don't want to go there lately...too many spoilers. :wink:

markTHEblake
15th July 2005, 12:39 PM
I try to avoid sites like that too, I end up not being able to resist looking at the spoilers. I have already looked at the upcoming episode synopsis, and casting so i have a fair idea what will or will not happen, and i regret that now. eg a certain guest character has another significant run.

Though if its anything like Lost, the spoilers are all BS. in Lost only the 2 or 3 writers/producers know whats happening next - even the cast are completely in the dark.

Do you really think that the Human Toasters are looking for earth in particular, any special reason?

gazgolf1
15th July 2005, 05:43 PM
Do you really think that the Human Toasters are looking for earth in particular, any special reason?

Bread :wink:
No idea really but they seem to follow the same myths/folklore that the humans do.
If they did'nt want Starbuck to find that arrow thingy they could have just killed her with centurions instead of sending 6.

markTHEblake
16th July 2005, 12:08 AM
I didnt think 6 came looking for Starbuck, she just stumbled across her as she was following Helo-Boomer, and she seemed pretty intent on killing starbuck - perhaps to get the arrow herself, rather than let the humans get it.

Ok, now i wonder if i can get a mate in the USA to point his web cam at the telly?

gazgolf1
17th July 2005, 08:33 AM
Just watched Ep 1 of season 2 freshly pirated. :roll:

one word.....AWESOME!!! :shock:

markTHEblake
17th July 2005, 01:10 PM
You buggar..... I only got 30% so far.

I watched the deleted scenes from Season one last night and some noticed some interesting things.

- Just before all the bombs went off in the mini series; 6 said to Baltar, "the children of humanity are coming home" - I wonder which home?

- In another scene much later in the series 6 said to Baltar words like "Its going to be a very interesting 61 years" - I wonder why 61 years.

- about 2-3 episodes from the end; Boomer was having a practice session drawing her pistol from her holster. But she didnt seem to know why.

- And 6 told Baltar that she didnt beleive in any of the humans Gods, that their whole beliefs are made up. Therefore she wouldnt be beleiving in the arrow either or any other prophecy.

gazgolf1
17th July 2005, 01:20 PM
You buggar..... I only got 30% so far.

I watched the deleted scenes from Season one last night and some noticed some interesting things.

- Just before all the bombs went off in the mini series; 6 said to Baltar, "the children of humanity are coming home" - I wonder which home?

- In another scene much later in the series 6 said to Baltar words like "Its going to be a very interesting 61 years"  - I wonder why 61 years.

- about 2-3 episodes from the end; Boomer was having a practice session drawing her pistol from her holster.  But she didnt seem to know why.

- And 6 told Baltar that she didnt beleive in any of the humans Gods, that their whole beliefs are made up.  Therefore she wouldnt be beleiving in the arrow either or any other prophecy.

yeah I watched some of those deleted scenes a while back to...some interesting stuff in there.

markTHEblake
18th July 2005, 11:44 PM
Just watched Ep 1 of season 2 freshly pirated. :roll:

one word.....AWESOME!!! :shock:

yeah, talk about tense. Is he a cylon, yes he is, no he isnt, maybe he is.

I wasnt happy with the quality of the capture though, too much 'text' advertising for a start. I worked out why, the first series the captures were from Skyone in the UK because thats where it aired first. Now it seems that the yanks are airing it first - typical that they have to pollute the screen.

Wonder how long goughy can hang out.

goughy
19th July 2005, 06:15 AM
Wonder how long goughy can hang out.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

markTHEblake
19th July 2005, 02:48 PM
Here you go Goughster,

Tour Version: http://www.neuneo.com/body/product/HVD2081/feature.asp

Retail version: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3316&item=5790411139&rd=1

markTHEblake
20th September 2005, 02:11 PM
for any of you blokes that cant decide whether to watch this show or not.

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/gallery/GracePark/GracePark-maxim.html

You could say that this is a spoiler of a different kind.

gazgolf1
26th September 2005, 03:07 PM
Nasty little mid season cliffhanger that is a bit controversial for those who have'nt seen it...next episode Jan 2006. :cry:

jaster
26th September 2005, 09:34 PM
for any of you blokes that cant decide whether to watch this show or not.

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/gallery/GracePark/GracePark-maxim.html

You could say that this is a spoiler of a different kind.

Grace Park :shock: that's not the golfer...is it?? :shock:

markTHEblake
26th September 2005, 10:52 PM
Nasty little mid season cliffhanger that is a bit controversial for those who have'nt seen it...next episode Jan 2006. :cry:

Damn you. My Episode 9 was bodgy, it freezes up 19 mins in.
Opened it in a editor and it needs to reindexing the frames at rate of 1 per 3-4 seconds, its taken 3 days and still going.

Another cliffhanger, how can they keep coming up with em.....

At least we have Lost to keep us occupied in the meantime, thats got me tearing me hair out even more.

goughy
28th September 2005, 05:53 PM
So I took your advice mtb. Now have a dvd that plays divX, so how do I get myself a copy of the second season?

A mate had bought one from aldi and it worked great for him. He's got tons of stuff in mpeg4. Also has a 6in1 card reader and plays pretty much everything. $65.00. Beat that.

markTHEblake
28th September 2005, 11:48 PM
http://www.emule-project.net/

can you post the Make and Model no of your player?

Mine doesnt play the Xvid avi's very well, its jumpy. this is a known issue with some firmwares, and an upgrade doesnt seem likely.

goughy
14th October 2005, 10:28 PM
Mid season cliff hanger. Man clikchic and I are pissed. What's all this 10 episode season rubbish. How can we possible survive on this. Where do I complain. I don't think I can go on!!!!!!!

markTHEblake
14th October 2005, 11:42 PM
Goughy dont tell me you watched Ep 10 tonight?

So did i, and all i can say is HOLY FRACK!

Who Shot JR has just dropped another spot on the alltime cliffhanger list.

20 Episodes have been contracted for this season,  the other half continues in January.  I am pretty sure they are still filming now.

and we complain here when they stop a series for 2 weeks school holidays.....

markTHEblake
23rd December 2005, 08:15 PM
Gazgolf.

when i look at you in person you dont actually remind me of grace park, but for some reason i cant get her out of my head now?

gazgolf1
23rd December 2005, 11:18 PM
Gazgolf.

when i look at you in person you dont actually remind me of grace park, but for some reason i cant get her out of my head now?

How could you not? :wink:

goughy
5th January 2006, 11:15 PM
Looks like the next episode airs on jan 6 on the sci fi channel :D

gazgolf1
8th January 2006, 10:23 AM
Just watched the new ep......frackin awesome. :shock: :shock:

goughy
8th January 2006, 10:31 AM
Will have to look for it today!

markTHEblake
8th January 2006, 12:08 PM
heaps of fakes, the correct one has a file size of about 270mb as opposed to the usual 350mb (which is strange)

markTHEblake
14th March 2006, 11:33 PM
fracking hell! now have to wait till october.....

i get the feeling the toasters have a plan.

goughy
15th March 2006, 06:42 AM
Been lazy with getting the last one. Maybe we'll wait till july to watch it..... you know, kind of spread it out so it dosen't seem so long to the next season.

amanda
2nd August 2006, 06:43 PM
Without much fanfare the show seems to be back on tonight!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv-reviews/battlestar-galactica/2006/08/01/1154198126051.html

markTHEblake
3rd August 2006, 01:52 AM
Mandy, me thinks that is a replay of a very early Season 2 Episode

Tonight's episode, which features President Roslin behind bars and Colonel Tigh trying to correct an emergency jump as Commander Adama hovers towards death after being shot by a Cylon infiltrator

Yep: Just checked www.scifi.com/battlestar (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar)
season 3 starts October 6 (USA)

goughy
3rd August 2006, 06:45 AM
It was episode 1 season 2.

amanda
3rd August 2006, 08:30 AM
Hang on - we haven't seen Season 2 in Aust have we?

markTHEblake
3rd August 2006, 11:44 AM
Good Point Mandy. You might be on to something there.
It's better than the first season so get the fingers working on the DVR

gazgolf1
3rd August 2006, 12:19 PM
Season 3 starts Oct 6th in the US. :(

markTHEblake
3rd August 2006, 12:58 PM
Yep: Just checked www.scifi.com/battlestar (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar)
season 3 starts October 6 (USA)

Season 3 starts Oct 6th in the US. :(

Yeah i know gaz, you never read my crap.

gazgolf1
3rd August 2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah i know gaz, you never read my crap.

sorry dude.;)

kwantfm
2nd September 2006, 11:37 PM
I just bought the complete Season 2 on DVD... my wife and I watched the remainder of the season (the last 10 episodes or so) in three nights... so, so good...

gazgolf1
8th October 2006, 08:15 AM
Just watched Ep 1 of the season....very dark.
Going to watch Ep 2 tonight with a cheeky little Verdelho.

goughy
8th October 2006, 09:32 AM
Geeze, didn't realise this was up again. Just got ep1 of lost. Have to bsg today.

goughy
30th May 2007, 09:59 PM
Well, mindblowing end to the season! (yeah, rob and I are running a bit late with watching it). Where is this gonna go now.

With starbuck in the bionic woman too! How will this affect things.

PeteyD
30th May 2007, 10:08 PM
Can anyone send me the files for this (I haven't even seen season 1)? Just finished off heroes and need something new ;)

Courty
30th May 2007, 10:10 PM
Can anyone send me the files for this (I haven't even seen season 1)? Just finished off heroes and need something new ;)

Let me see what I can get my hands on when I get back to work tomorrow.

markTHEblake
30th May 2007, 10:27 PM
yeah - pretty trippy wasnt it.

very interesting what the producers said about the big reveal at the end, went something like this. (spoiler free)

q. did you have that 'outcome' planned from the very beginning
a. no.
q. of the remaining peice of the 'puzzle' that was not revealed do you have that outcome planned and have you given any hints
a. yes, yes.

Kids and I have been wracking our brains over that one and its killing us, we still havent a single clue.

Petey, i have them all, but most of them are HD rips, so you cant play them in a DVD player. Need a HTPC or modded Xbox

markTHEblake
1st June 2007, 02:29 PM
Dont open these links until you have seen the end of Season 3.

These are some interveiws and statements by Ron D Moore, and gives some nice clarifications of what is a mystery and what is not :-)

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2270103&st=0
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

gazgolf1
2nd June 2007, 08:34 AM
Pretty crap season IMO :(
Lots of filler and the writers making it up as they went along, which as a huge BSG fan I found disappointing.
Making long time humans into cylons on a whim sort of went against the grain of the show and then admitting they only thought of it " the other day " stuffed their credibility with me.
That being said I loved the season finale.

markTHEblake
23rd November 2007, 07:50 PM
"Razor" the new miniseries/telemovie is on this Sunday AU Time.

It will tell the back story of the Pegasus, from the Cylon Attack up to Lee Adama taking command and then some.

Whilst it wont reveal any answers it will set up some things that will happen in the next season.

There is already a screener being shared around p2p, however a lot think that its not going to be the same as the final. So be careful to choose the right one if thats your thing.

gazgolf1
23rd November 2007, 08:39 PM
Razor is really good ,check it out BSG fans...there's an Aussie chick in this mini-series too. :)

Jarro
23rd November 2007, 08:45 PM
****in nerds :p

Billyman
23rd November 2007, 08:50 PM
OK I'll nerd it up ..I rated the 1st season of BSG although it got bagged by a lot of people out there. Up there with Stargate series if you ask me.

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:01 PM
Wow, up with stargate is a big call! It was good though. But it's been so long since we watched stargate that I couldn't really compare. I'd love to have the entire stargate catalogue though. Rob kind of nows one of the editors of stargate and stargate atlantis. I have an official stargate annual golf day towel somewhere I think!

Anyway, will have to check this out. Knowing me I'll find a french version by accident!

Jarro
23rd November 2007, 09:02 PM
BM, does poidda know you're into this shit ??

Billyman
23rd November 2007, 09:06 PM
Sadly he gives me Sh!t about Sci fi and the like...Im a fan...but closet fan
If he gives me any trouble I remind him of his Funniest Home Videos fetish...

Jarro
23rd November 2007, 09:08 PM

Hey... Toni Pearen is a babe :smt061 :smt038 :smt023 :smt079 =P~ :smt045

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:08 PM
Some hot chicks in these shows!

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:10 PM
Sadly he gives me Sh!t about Sci fi and the like...Im a fan...but closet fan

I don't have a hope! I'm a sci fi fan and funny videos fan. Heck, even rove doesn't give me the shits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Jarro
23rd November 2007, 09:11 PM
Some hot chicks in these shows!

Yeah but they have heads like a triceratops :roll:

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah but they have heads like a triceratops :roll:

Just gives ya something to hold!

Jarro
23rd November 2007, 09:14 PM
Is that 'Woomba slang for "gives you the horn" ;)

Billyman
23rd November 2007, 09:14 PM
Goughy, Your scarin me...If you watch Tempation aswell then you and poidda should get a room!

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:35 PM
Not a fan of game shows! Can't believe none of this came up on saturday...

Kym Kilby rocks!!!

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:36 PM
And I just noticed that FHV is on right now. Just flicked the channel!

markTHEblake
23rd November 2007, 09:36 PM
Just read that there is a chance that this final season may not even air at all due to the writers strike. 13 of 22 episodes finished, but creator Ron D Moore has said he would rather see BSG never air again rather than give up on the strike - thats how much he supports this strike.

Billyman
23rd November 2007, 09:42 PM
I let poidda bask in his glory. Man he hit the ball well. Ive played a lot with him over the years and I havent seen him hit it better. Off thread know.....He was like Yoda lifting the xwing out of the swamp...does that put us back on thread or does that just get me banned from this site?

goughy
23rd November 2007, 09:44 PM
He was flushing it! That's why I was so surprised by his score saturday. I had no idea those shots could come from an 11hc. Then again, I've never played with one when everything was on. I just figured he was a single marker hitting the ball well!

Billyman
23rd November 2007, 09:54 PM
Hes certainly got a few to lose in the hcp department...In saying that he was overseas not playing golf for 5years so it takes a while to get back into it. I think he left a few shots on the course on frriday/saturday with putter in hand.

AndyP
24th November 2007, 10:35 PM
I have an official stargate annual golf day towel somewhere I think!
OMFG!!! So ****ing sad.

Anyone know where I can get a LoTR golf towel?

goughy
24th November 2007, 10:36 PM
Anyone know where I can get a LoTR golf towel?

Can I have one too!!!

markTHEblake
25th January 2009, 03:41 PM
Wow - what a start! :shock:
(to the final 10 episodes)

Just when you think you have got it all worked out, they mess with your mind again.

goughy
25th January 2009, 04:05 PM
Don't say that!! We're just about at our limit for this month, so I haven't been allowed to download anything..... No BSG, no 24, no Mentalist blah blah blah!!!

virge666
27th January 2009, 02:58 PM
Don't say that!! We're just about at our limit for this month, so I haven't been allowed to download anything..... No BSG, no 24, no Mentalist blah blah blah!!!

Poor bastard - top start to the series.

Wish I knew WTF is going on especially with Starbuck.

And then Dee...

It has all happened before and it will happen again !

kwantfm
27th January 2009, 03:14 PM
Loved it too! Brilliant series.

kev
27th January 2009, 03:53 PM
What? Where? Has this started here or just in the US?

Russ
27th January 2009, 03:54 PM
Just the US I believe (I don't watch local telly). First 2 episodes have been aired - and downloaded :)

kev
27th January 2009, 03:58 PM
Excellent! I have some spare bandwidth I need to use up...

markTHEblake
27th January 2009, 09:05 PM
It has all happened before and it will happen again !

thats the key I reckon.

I have a really good theory about whats going on, which means I have no clue. :-)

the preview show they made before the season started had the creators saying something like, "everybody who reckons they know what is going on is wrong"

BTW you need the Battlestar Wiki (http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page) - go to the episode guide, and they have good notes about the show, particularily stuff revealed in the post episode podcasts. These are not spoilers but they clarify some of the points that we might not have picked up or understood properly, for example; one of the persons you mentioned.

markTHEblake
23rd May 2009, 01:58 PM
I have finally finished watching this, was pretty good [no spoilers here]

I have a really good theory about whats going on, which means I have no clue. :-)

My theory didnt work out :neutral:

shame they kinda stole the ending from somewhere else, but the cliffhanger tied it up nicely.

whilst i loved the story i did find it hard to follow the action and drama at times, hard to hear what people were saying and so on. Am i getting old?
if it wasnt for the internet episode reviews and the podcasts I wouldnt have got half of it. An example was, i did figure out who Starbucks piano man was at the time, but if it wasnt for the podcast I would have still being guessing as there was no real confirmatoin, like much of the story.

virge666
23rd May 2009, 02:06 PM
So what was Starbuck ?

adlo
23rd May 2009, 02:06 PM
Is there 4 seasons of this show?

After a few false starts trying to get into this show (my wife and I are suckers for good sci-fi, very hard to find though) we are currently in series 3 and quite enjoying it.

markTHEblake
23rd May 2009, 02:15 PM
So what was Starbuck ?

Cant tell you cos it would spoil the last episode for those who aint watched it yet - that includes you :-)
but it is a valid question.

Is there 4 seasons of this show?

yes, it was announced before the 4th season, maybe earlier, that the 4th is the end.

There is a new series coming called Caprica, it is a Prequel, Main character is the father of Admiral Adama. The pilot is on DVD/Torrents now, the series launch is later in the year.

virge666
23rd May 2009, 02:21 PM
Cant tell you cos it would spoil the last episode for those who aint watched it yet - that includes you :-)
but it is a valid question.

Nope watched them all... still have no idea.

adlo
23rd May 2009, 02:23 PM
Don't put any spoilers in here please.

markTHEblake
23rd May 2009, 02:35 PM
Nope watched them all... still have no idea.

Dont read this unless you have seen all episodes
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/The_Destiny
last 4 paragraphs if you are impatient

Adlo
it is safe for you to read the episode guides from this page
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Portal:Battlestar_Galactica_(RDM)

just dont jump ahead or click on any links in the page. very helpful if you find it hard to follow like i did.

adlo
23rd May 2009, 02:38 PM
Cheers Blakey

adlo
29th May 2009, 01:49 AM
Just finished this show, absolutely powered through the last series, but it was pretty compelling stuff.

Not convinced on the ending, but I will let it sit.

Might have a read of Blakey's link above.