PDA

View Full Version : Watch out on the Footpath

990B Luva
9th February 2005, 07:16 PM
I got my Learners :lol:

Jarro
9th February 2005, 07:39 PM
.. just make sure you don't back the car over your golf bag and break those shafts again :roll: :lol:

AndyP
9th February 2005, 07:42 PM
Congratulations!

Lucky for us you will be supervised.....for now.

990B Luva
9th February 2005, 07:50 PM
.. just make sure you don't back the car over your golf bag and break those shafts again :roll: :lol:.

Already know - Clubs go in the car, not behind the car :lol:

Ducky
9th February 2005, 08:12 PM
Just don't almost run over a cop when you get your provisional license...

:oops:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
10th February 2005, 08:41 AM
Well done.............now just get out there and drive at every opportunity.......rain, hail and shine. And don't argue with your Mum all the time cos you don't know everything.........oops.......reverting back to when I was teaching my daughter to drive!!!!

Keza_G
10th February 2005, 08:51 AM

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! =D> =D> =D>

I shall remember not to park anywhere near your car...... :D :smt023

Cheers

Keza

990B Luva
10th February 2005, 08:58 AM
went for a drive last night, in the Archerfield industrial estate, goddam trucks, some nearly hit me @$$holes

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 09:20 AM
Not a good start mate - you've gotta respect all other traffic on the road, especially when they are 5 tons heavier. I hope you learn that before it's too late ;)

My driving instructor told me one thing that stuck in my head - it's not you, it's all those around you when you're in control of a car.

Ducky
10th February 2005, 09:30 AM
When you get closer to the date of going for your provisional license test (do they even have these in QLD?), go for two lessons with a professional driving instructor. They'll pick up on bad habits that may lose you points in the test, as well as show you the areas that the RTA take you for a test on. I had a few bad habits that I got into such as palming the wheel and riding the clutch, but got out of them pretty quickly after a few lessons with a professional driving instructor.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

990B Luva
10th February 2005, 09:35 AM
Not a good start mate - you've gotta respect all other traffic on the road, especially when they are 5 tons heavier. I hope you learn that before it's too late ;)

My driving instructor told me one thing that stuck in my head - it's not you, it's all those around you when you're in control of a car.
Hey, they pulled out on me :shock:

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 09:41 AM

Tell it to the coroner, son ;)

990B Luva
10th February 2005, 09:42 AM
When you get closer to the date of going for your provisional license test (do they even have these in QLD?), go for two lessons with a professional driving instructor. They'll pick up on bad habits that may lose you points in the test, as well as show you the areas that the RTA take you for a test on. I had a few bad habits that I got into such as palming the wheel and riding the clutch, but got out of them pretty quickly after a few lessons with a professional driving instructor.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).
yea there are provisional license tests in QLD, i will go for at least 4 lessons before i go for my Ps :D

3oneday
10th February 2005, 10:51 AM

Tell it to the coroner, son ;)He's right, most truckies know they are bigger than you and use it to advantage. Playing chicken with a truck is an unadvisable pasttime. One could argue they would see the L plates and pull out, so they don't get stuck behind them, not that I would ever do that :oops:

Pete

990B Luva
9th August 2005, 03:08 PM
well an update, I GOT MY LICENCE . . . 35 minutes ago :lol:

AndyP
9th August 2005, 03:14 PM
Well done, Brett.

Now I'm going to leave the city for a while, and return when it's a bit safer. 8-[

Eag's
9th August 2005, 03:45 PM
Good onya Brett :smt023 just take it easy out there on the road.
I don't want to be seeing you at the Wesley emergency mate [-X :wink:

sominc
9th August 2005, 03:46 PM
Awesome dude, now just dont kill yourself. And watch out for those trucks :D

BrisVegas
9th August 2005, 03:55 PM
Congratulations young fella! 8) Stay outta Brookwater. :P

andylo
9th August 2005, 04:19 PM
Just don't almost run over a cop when you get your provisional license...

:oops:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Mind to tell us the story, pls?

Grunt
9th August 2005, 04:36 PM
Congrats
Just be careful mate, I had a brain fade in my first year of having a licence. Very Lucky to be here to tell the tale. :? Never had another accident that was my fault since though. :wink:

Ona
9th August 2005, 08:50 PM
:? how long is are you on a Learner permit up there?

and remember, the speed limit is designed for people over 30 and their slow reflexes, us youngsters are allowed to go 20% faster 8)

amanda
10th August 2005, 09:26 AM
Congrats! And remember to watch out for people like Ona out there ;)

andylo
10th August 2005, 11:49 AM
:? how long is are you on a Learner permit up there?

and remember, the speed limit is designed for people over 30 and their slow reflexes, us youngsters are allowed to go 20% faster  8)

Geezz you are lame... I was driving 140 on 80 zone lastnite :lol:

Ona
10th August 2005, 01:12 PM
andyLO, I haven't shot over 85 in 3 years... muahahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I win!! :roll:

andylo
10th August 2005, 02:00 PM
How many set of club you go thru in a year ;) I won!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ona
10th August 2005, 04:07 PM
ahh, but I didn't compete in that field of endeavour.

back to the Leaners. Here your on them for two years before the P's.. whats the deal up there in crazy land?

andylo
10th August 2005, 04:25 PM
ahh, but I didn't compete in that field of endeavour.

back to the Leaners. Here your on them for two years before the P's.. whats the deal up there in crazy land?

3 yrs! Gay huh?

Flowergirl
11th August 2005, 11:08 AM
[quote="andylo
Geezz you are lame... I was driving 140 on 80 zone lastnite :lol:[/quote]

If you were you are a dickhead Alo.........an A class dickhead :evil:

990B Luva
12th August 2005, 08:45 AM
learners for 6 months up here

990B Luva
12th August 2005, 08:47 AM
you got nothin Andy, a mate at school got busted doing 140 in a 60 zone

markTHEblake
12th August 2005, 10:01 AM
Flowergirl - stop mincingwords, tell us what you really thing.

Andylo you are an idiot - everyone knows a Toyota Echo doing 140k is just plain RICE.

Ona
12th August 2005, 11:46 AM
christ 6 months isn't long. what age can you get your L's and how long on the P's?

990B Luva
12th August 2005, 03:01 PM
Ls at 16 1/2 on Ps for 3 years

AndyP
30th August 2005, 01:06 PM
Did smashing the car up have any implications on your licence, Brett?

Jarro
30th August 2005, 01:17 PM
bet your old man kicked your arse  :wink:  :lol: