PDA

View Full Version : Sports Trivia

Fishman Dan
9th February 2005, 11:59 AM
Here's another one for Triv buffs.

http://www.sportstrivia.com.au

20 questions, you're allowed to attempt twice per day. You have to type the answer.

First time around i got 83800 pts, about 650th. I know 69'er couldn't beat it, anyone else?

Who in the AFL were formally known as the 'Pivotonians'?

--- and this just in: that score is 11th in Feb 2005 :P

markTHEblake
9th February 2005, 10:54 PM
i started this quiz but it froze after 10 questions or so. couldnt be bothered trying again today, seemed a little slow. your score was pretty impressive though, i was doing ok but wasnt even close.

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:36 AM
i started this quiz but it froze after 10 questions or so. couldnt be bothered trying again today, seemed a little slow. your score was pretty impressive though, i was doing ok but wasnt even close.

The score you see down the bottom is without all the bonus points accumulated throughout the quiz - i.e. if you answer within 10 seconds i think there's a bonus 2000 points or something.

I had a freeze yesterday - one on the question - Who scored the most test runs in 2001?

-------(7) ------(6)

Of course, i knew the answer straight away, but it died. When you resume the quiz (takes 2 mins to 'time out'), you lose that question and get 0 for it :evil:

marcel
10th February 2005, 08:38 AM

Geelong,

a lot of the players worked for Pivot, a fertiliser coy I think.

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:42 AM

Geelong,

Explains a lot about Geelong then :lol:

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:46 AM
It only took me four fake names but I beat your score Fish.
Tanner leaps to #11 for Feb !

He always was the bright one in your family. I think you'll also find 'Sandra69' somewhere way above your score - i guess you'll claim that as one of your 'fakes' as well??

markTHEblake
10th February 2005, 09:23 AM
both times its frozen for me is when the answer is a number.

Keza_G
10th February 2005, 09:42 AM
I admit my hopelessness in Sport trivia .... Keza_G # 1920 !!!

Cheers

Keza

Fishman Dan
11th February 2005, 04:34 PM
86000 - that puts me about 6 spots ahead of "Tanner" :roll: for Feb.

And that's with 1 question lost due to a game crash - What's the game where a team shouts "Howzat"? :evil:

Fishman Dan
11th February 2005, 05:04 PM
On closer inspection - even 'Brett Lee' is ahead of the '69 family...

Ned
4th May 2011, 08:22 PM
Winners on the PGA, LPGA and Euro Tour last week played the ProV Golf ball and played Pinq Equipment!

oz1235
5th May 2011, 01:17 PM
Geelong,

Not Correct. The pivotonians was name after the railway.

To get from Melbourne to Adelaide by Train, you have to Geelong and then up to Melbourne as Ballarat to Melbourne was too steep. Geelong play out of Corio Oval and nearby at North Shore the train to Adelaide pivots from the South West direction to the North West. hence why it is called piviots or Pivototians

PeteyD
5th May 2011, 01:22 PM
6 years to correct that. Awesomeness.

kpac
5th May 2011, 02:11 PM
To get from Melbourne to Adelaide by Train, you have to Geelong and then up to Melbourne as Ballarat to Melbourne was too steep.

Is that right? Great stuff! Guess the adelaide - melbourne train put geelong on the map if that's the case.