PDA

View Full Version : Brissie course help......

TheNuclearOne
17th October 2009, 02:27 PM
A fine friend is about to join a course in Brissie. He's looking at the lower to mid level courses, it won't be worth his while to pay loads given his free time at present and his GF (ex 5 getting back into the game) is joining too.

Could the local Brissie lads chime in and give me some costs and options. He doesn't want to play on an absolute goat track either.

Cheers guys

goonie
17th October 2009, 02:56 PM
where does he live?

BrisVegas
17th October 2009, 09:06 PM
as goonie said... Gotta know what part of town he lives in, as Brisbane is spread out over a massive area.

TheNuclearOne
17th October 2009, 11:20 PM
No idea, i'll find out. I don't doubt they'd travel a bit if need be tho.

markTHEblake
18th October 2009, 02:11 AM
What would be the point in saving money on golf membership if he is driving 45 mins to get there.

Here is a narrowed down list for him
http://golfqueensland.org.au/clubs/south-east

TheNuclearOne
18th October 2009, 02:27 AM
No worries Blakey. I'll find out his location today and we can go from there.

TheNuclearOne
20th October 2009, 07:19 PM
Ok guys, he is in Gumdale, which is apparently near Manly i believe. Again, any help mucho appreciated.

gazgolf1
20th October 2009, 07:52 PM
Closest is Wynnum but too dear if he is looking for low to mid level. Logan City might be around the money and its 25 mins via the Gateway and M1 from Gumdale.
Howeston is quite close if he just wants to slap it around on the cheap but no membership there from memory.
Logan have a good deal at the moment if he needs lesson and some new clubs.

goonie
20th October 2009, 10:57 PM
Pacific would be closest wouldn't it? But very exxy. How much is Wynnum? And do they still have a waiting list? I just joined Reddy Bay. $977.70 and no nomination fees, and is about 25-35mins depending on where in gumdale. Carbrook is about the same money but not sure if they are waiving noms or not. Nudgee would be 15-20mins as well but you will have to pay the toll bridge each time.

henno
21st October 2009, 08:45 AM
Pacific and Wynnum would be about the same distance. Howeston doesn't have membership, but it is dirt cheap. Don't expect anything flash though, it's run on a budget and it shows.

P.S. If he is living at Gumdale he can afford a proper membership. There aren't too many properties under a million these days, due to all the land out there (unless he is in one of the estates).

TheNuclearOne
21st October 2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I will run all idea's past them.

Henno - his new lady lives there and they will i guess, be moving sooner or later as i think there may be a divorce settlement pending soon. It's certainly complicated and you'll have to pardon appearances.

Granted they can certainly afford memberships don't get me wrong, it's just they don't want to be paying absolute top range. They won't be getting that much golf in compared to our nrom in here.

markTHEblake
21st October 2009, 11:20 PM
Tell him to join a course that has a $140-150 membership class, and he can just play in Ozgolf days and the like - in the long run it will most certainly be much more cost effective if he isnt going to play every week.

TheNuclearOne
21st October 2009, 11:25 PM
I think he's looking at once a week Saturday comp Blakey?

CobraSS
22nd October 2009, 05:41 PM
Woodford $450, $50 nom till end of Nov.

markTHEblake
22nd October 2009, 06:33 PM
I think he's looking at once a week Saturday comp Blakey?

You said he wont be getting much golf in!

TheNuclearOne
22nd October 2009, 06:47 PM
You said he wont be getting much golf in!

That isn't much golf! Well, i sure didn't think so lol

Deano
23rd October 2009, 10:34 PM
Gumdale = Wynnum.
Worth getting your mate to check out the WGC.