PDA

View Full Version : Premier Semi: GregH v Lucky at GG on 30/10

markTHEblake
13th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Well the Lucky Blakey quarter final replay will take place on 23rd October at course not yet named to protect the innocent (clique arranging), so now is probably a good idea to kick a few tyres around when to play the semi final.

Lucky seems to be keen on Friday mornings, so do I, so Greg, what do you think of the Semi on Friday the 30th at say Carbrook? No reason why we cant book it now, and the Unlucky Buggar can pull out.

Its worth noting that Lucky is not playing in the champs, so if i do the job on him anyway its not an issue. however if he makes the final there is no real drama - it doesnt really have to be played by or at them, it was just nice if it could.

AndyP
13th October 2009, 07:06 PM
Greg isn't either, is he? And will he see this thread?

lucky
13th October 2009, 07:16 PM
I had not ruled out going to the champs, but now the old man's 80th is on the Sunday the 15th, it is a tough choice but perhaps I should attend his B'Day. This makes the champs a no-go for me.

Q. Should the entrants for the matchplay be available for the champs - or not enter the matchplay at all, or shouldn't it matter?

markTHEblake
13th October 2009, 07:25 PM
Greg isn't either, is he? And will he see this thread?

He is playing.

Q. Should the entrants for the matchplay be available for the champs
No, its just a good time to have it ended by, for the presentation.

There is no reason why a final could'nt be played before the champs, or if not possible shortly after.

lucky
23rd October 2009, 06:04 PM
GregH,

When and where?

PeteyD
23rd October 2009, 06:40 PM
Don;t sweat it Lucky, it is just an if we can thing.

AndyP
23rd October 2009, 07:15 PM
I hope golf is the winner. :roll:

lucky
24th October 2009, 05:00 PM
Tenatively arranged for Gainsborough at 6.52am. Anyone care to join us?

PeteyD
24th October 2009, 05:23 PM
What Day?

AndyP
24th October 2009, 05:24 PM
Friday the 30th, Petey. I expect SMS updates.

PeteyD
24th October 2009, 05:26 PM
I am a possible for this one, pencil me in. Why do you want updates on Mudguts ?? :D

AndyP
24th October 2009, 05:44 PM
He can't be trusted.

Scrap that anyway. I'll be in a secure facility locked away from contacting the real world (at least with a mobile).

lucky
25th October 2009, 10:36 AM
Cool Pete. Just need to book and pay on iseek tee times.

I am just awaiting confirmation back from Greg that the 30th at 6.52 is sweet. Once confirmed we can all book and pay on the site.

The course was in good nick last Friday too. Also note that there is no comp.

Daves
25th October 2009, 06:45 PM
I will take the Fourth spot if this date and time goes ahead.

gregh
25th October 2009, 07:35 PM
this friday is fine by me for semi against lucky & yes i'm also playing in champs but not staying at hotel

lucky
25th October 2009, 07:44 PM
this friday is fine by me for semi against lucky & yes i'm also playing in champs but not staying at hotel

OK. So I will book and pay tomorrow morning at 6.52am for Friday the 30th at GG. See you there GregH and Dave and maybe PeteyD.

markTHEblake
25th October 2009, 07:56 PM
I'd be tempted to have another go there, but i think i will wait for them to stop cutting the fairways so low.

lucky
25th October 2009, 09:05 PM
GregH and Lucky all booked and paid for - 2 spots left.

Daves
25th October 2009, 09:36 PM
GregH and Lucky all booked and paid for - 2 spots left.

Have booked my spot.

PeteyD
25th October 2009, 11:01 PM
me too. 6:52 on Friday

Daves
25th October 2009, 11:05 PM
me too. 6:52 on Friday

Gives us a yell if you want a lift down Pete.

PeteyD
26th October 2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I will probably have to get kids after so will drive. Hopefully the weather will be fine!

lucky
30th October 2009, 12:51 PM
Results are in and are as follows:

H - G - G - L -H -G - L - G - L - Greg turned 1 up
L - H - L - H -H- H - H - L

Lucky gets there 2 and 1

Some pretty decent golf played today by both of us and could have gone either way.Greg would have had 35 points and myself 36 points. PD also would have had 37 points.

BrisVegas
30th October 2009, 12:58 PM
congrats lucky. good luck in the final.

PeteyD
30th October 2009, 01:02 PM
Was fun with lots of good golf played.

Daves
30th October 2009, 01:05 PM
Congrats to Lucky, the match was tight all day. Nice day, good golf and good company what more can you ask for!. Thanks guys.

Gainsborough is in pretty good nick at present, greens are fast and true. Well worth the trip down for the early morning special.

gregh
30th October 2009, 01:07 PM
thanks guys for the good game today, pleasure to play with ,well done lucky & good luck in final

AndyP
30th October 2009, 01:22 PM
Well done lucky.

Daves
30th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Probably should also mention what would probably win the vote for shot of the day. On the last Gregh hit his approach into the green (3rd shot) and over shot right of the green. He thought it had gone into the water hazard on that side for a long while but finally found it down the bank of the hazard. From the green all we saw was the clubhead on the follow through, the ball just cleared the bunker and then rolled across the green a good 80 feet with a big right to left break straight into the hole for a bird! Nice shot Greg! but you needed it two holes before!:smt038

PeteyD
30th October 2009, 01:26 PM
Oh and Lucky's misadvernture with the water hazard trying to get the ball he could see near the edge. The Hazards have VERY soft banks at Gainsborough!

Eag's
30th October 2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats Lucky.

lucky
30th October 2009, 01:59 PM
Oh and Lucky's misadvernture with the water hazard trying to get the ball he could see near the edge. The Hazards have VERY soft banks at Gainsborough!

**** that was soft. What looked like a firm edge, turned out to be pure soft mud. After I managed to climb my way out ( thanks for the assistance Pete:)) from the knee down I was totally covered in mud - shoe, sock leg and all. There was also a few giggles coming from my partner.

Another tip if you play at GG - the mud stinks, but Pete allowed me to ride on the back with the bags.