PDA

View Full Version : Right Sided Swing-Training Manual

edhannan
13th October 2009, 02:58 AM
Has anyone purchased Gary Edwin Golf's recent instructional package (http://www.therightsidedswing.com/TheTrainingManual/tabid/198/Default.aspx)?

Responses? Does it add enough to the original DVD and the website vids to justify the price?

Jarro
13th October 2009, 06:31 AM
It's certainly better than the original DVD, lots more information.

I'd say it's worth it if that's the way you want to go.

The RSS method certainly isn't everyones cup-of-tea though :roll:

razaar
13th October 2009, 06:45 AM
IMO everything Edwin says about the golf swing is spot on....except for his choice of words "rightsided swing". The golf swing has two sides, the left leading and controlling and the right assisting and supporting. A better choice would have been "the twosided swing".

3oneday
13th October 2009, 07:39 AM
Jarro has 3 copies.

Jarro
13th October 2009, 08:27 AM
Jarro has 3 copies.

Do i ? :-s:smt017

gazgolf1
13th October 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm over it......and stack n tilt. :smt078

TheTrueReview
13th October 2009, 10:00 AM
IMO everything Edwin says about the golf swing is spot on....except for his choice of words "rightsided swing". ....

You support the stack & tilt method?

just
13th October 2009, 10:12 AM
I have both this and the Stack and Tilt DVD's. They are not a world away from each other in execution. They have helped my game.

edhannan
13th October 2009, 11:46 AM
Anyone else?

Gazgolf...over it? As in, "I give up?" Do you feel like you gave it a good try? And where does that leave you...back where you started? in no man's land?

Jarro...thanks for the review. I'm likely to order it...but I guess I need a nudge.

razaar
13th October 2009, 11:52 AM
You support the stack & tilt method?
No because it can lead to a change of body angles and an improper coil for the majority of players. It may suit very stocky and thick set body types who have difficulty turning their back to the target and maybe useful in playing knockdown shots in windy conditions. The S&T method is very similar to playing a knockdown shot IMO.

gazgolf1
13th October 2009, 05:40 PM
Anyone else?

Gazgolf...over it? As in, "I give up?" Do you feel like you gave it a good try? And where does that leave you...back where you started? in no man's land?

Jarro...thanks for the review. I'm likely to order it...but I guess I need a nudge.

I gave it a couple of good tries actually.

I wouldnt call 39 pts without making a putt all day "no mans land" last Sunday.
But seriously I went back to basics last week and hit some of the best iron shots I've hit for probably 12 months.
Stack and Tilt and the Edwin stuff works for some people but I'm not one of them.

TheNuclearOne
13th October 2009, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to remember the basics of the RSS.

Jarro
23rd October 2011, 02:42 PM
Anybody still using this method exclusively ?

popper81
23rd October 2011, 03:12 PM
I am at the moment...how well I am implememting remains a mystery. Hahaha... My ball striking has improved, out of sight. Ball flight is really impressive. Had a lesson or two with Edwin as a kid though and trainee pro that was right into it. Since starting up again I have had a couple of lesson with somebody who supports it. I think of late I am starting to really nail it. Timah! will attest that my ball striking/ flight/ stock shot has improved since out first game together.

Anyone have copies of the DVD they want to off load? I haven't seen it.

Jarro
24th October 2011, 07:55 AM
Gavin Coles just had a win on the nationwide tour :shock:

Is he still an Edwin disciple ??

Michaeljames92
24th October 2011, 10:19 PM
No because it can lead to a change of body angles and an improper coil for the majority of players. It may suit very stocky and thick set body types who have difficulty turning their back to the target and maybe useful in playing knockdown shots in windy conditions. The S&T method is very similar to playing a knockdown shot IMO.

Despite what everyone thinks, Andy Plummer and Mike Bennett only change pieces in a golf swing which is causing a result that you do not like. Charlie Wi and Mike Bennett may have the 'model' swing but you'll see most players don't look the same.
Basically its just a movement which makes it easiest to hit a high draw.