PDA

View Full Version : quite annoyed

ozdevil
11th October 2009, 08:26 PM
Gday All

Well had another round at eynesbury today 11/10/09 didnt play as well as i did yesterday but thats another story all together...

Anyway I could not believe my eyes when i got to the green on the 4th... some idiot golfer and his matesand i dare hope it wasn't a member of eynesbury becuase this person would need to be banned.

This idiot and his mates late yesterday afternoon decided to treat the green as a skid pan for the cart.....Much as most people hate carts for whatever reason they are a part of golf...but to some people the keys should never be handed to...

For the life of me why these golfers had to do such a thing is beyond me... i would have thought that those that enjoyed the game would respect the course they are playing rather then hacking up a nice course...

I am glad i never seen these idiots do it becuase i dont know wether i would have been able to control myself i think i would have had to belt them around the head with there drivers...

Anyway i spoke to the course marshall as was going around and made mention to him... he said we already knew as it happened late yesterday afternoon...

I can handle some people wanting a bit of fun on the course and having a few beers as they go around the course but to be fair dinkum dickheads is another thing...

I hope these people have been told never to return to the course once they returned the cart...

I just hope it was'nt a member that did this

cheers
Ozdevil

Jon
11th October 2009, 08:33 PM
Gday All

Well had another round at eynesbury today 11/10/09 didnt play as well as i did yesterday but thats another story all together...

Anyway I could not believe my eyes when i got to the green on the 4th... some idiot golfer and his matesand i dare hope it wasn't a member of eynesbury becuase this person would need to be banned.

This idiot and his mates late yesterday afternoon decided to treat the green as a skid pan for the cart.....Much as most people hate carts for whatever reason they are a part of golf...but to some people the keys should never be handed to...

For the life of me why these golfers had to do such a thing is beyond me... i would have thought that those that enjoyed the game would respect the course they are playing rather then hacking up a nice course...

I am glad i never seen these idiots do it becuase i dont know wether i would have been able to control myself i think i would have had to belt them around the head with there drivers...

Anyway i spoke to the course marshall as was going around and made mention to him... he said we already knew as it happened late yesterday afternoon...

I can handle some people wanting a bit of fun on the course and having a few beers as they go around the course but to be fair dinkum dickheads is another thing...

I hope these people have been told never to return to the course once they returned the cart...

I just hope it was'nt a member that did this

cheers
Ozdevil
Ya got that right Oz, IDIOTS, surely someone must have seen them.

ParMaster
11th October 2009, 08:38 PM
****ing pricks.

Sadly this seems to be quite a problem for some golf courses these days..

One course I regularly play is constantly graffitied by vandals on the greens.

mardo10
11th October 2009, 09:01 PM
at my local course ,one night last week some kids had gone in and used sticks or some other implements to gouge out graffiti on 5 greens ,putting over this was a nightmare ,anyways the greenkeepers seem to have done a good job to fix it ,

wouldnt you just love to catch these little bas***ds

zacdullard
11th October 2009, 09:05 PM
Yesterday someone stole the flag and dug the cup out of the ground. I guess they wanted to make a home chipping green and were short of cash to buy their own cup.

zigwah
11th October 2009, 09:07 PM
My brother wouldn't even do that!!

armygolf
11th October 2009, 09:08 PM
Surely members wouldnt be doing this sort of thing. One day every 6 months golfers by the sound of that.....I hope!

How was the green, puttable?

Minor_Threat
11th October 2009, 09:09 PM
When I was working in the pro shop, we had some wanker shit in a hole over night..

mardo10
11th October 2009, 09:12 PM
When I was working in the pro shop, we had some wanker shit in a hole over night..

he must have had a big nite on the laxettes lol

Courty
11th October 2009, 09:24 PM
Some redneck bogans dug up a few greens at Gordonvale on their quad-bike a few weeks back. :neutral:

As if that wasn't bad enough, they put the pins right near the tyre marks. :roll:

zigwah
11th October 2009, 09:28 PM
At mooroopna yrs ago they had someone who liked to poison greens, **** it was annoying.

ozdevil
11th October 2009, 09:47 PM
Surely members wouldnt be doing this sort of thing. One day every 6 months golfers by the sound of that.....I hope!

fortunately it was still very puttable as the pin was at the front of the green and there was alot of breathing space between the cart marks and the pin...if you had of landed in the spot of the tyre marks it would have been annoying...

on the next hole at eyensbury on the 5th a few weeks back they had a car of idiots decided the road wasnt good enough but the fairway was the place to do burnout's

I can understand in ways why our memberships and greenfees go up as we need to repair these such things so we have perfect greens and fairways...

Eldrick
11th October 2009, 10:09 PM
I've heard a story about a guy doing jail time for causing over 100k damage to a course with his car

markTHEblake
11th October 2009, 10:32 PM
I heard a story about a guy parking his car upside down on the 18th green at headland. If you know the hole, you can understand how that might happen.

I asked him about it, and he says "I dont remember doing that" which if you knew the guy, technically doesnt mean it didnt happen.

pom
11th October 2009, 10:46 PM
Have hasd the same type of problem several times in the last few years. Fortunately as the area around the course gets more built up it is happening a lot less although on Saturday , hit our teeshots on the 15th , short par 4. @ kids ran out , picked up 2 of our golf balls, jumped on their bikes & rode off.
I was lucky as my ball had missed the fairway.:)

Mollydook
12th October 2009, 12:37 AM

Sometimes you just want to string these smart**ses up by their nether regions!!

G'day Army - good to see you:)

BrisVegas
12th October 2009, 09:18 AM
There's a perception by many that there wont be any consequences for their stupid/selfish acts.

sms316
12th October 2009, 09:25 AM
Half the clubs are asking for trouble. They have the speed of the carts turned up too fast. A lot of members complain when the speed is turned down, but stiff shit.

For the life of me, I cannot see the amusement in hooning in a vehicle which is going at about 12km/h.

Webster
12th October 2009, 10:01 AM
It's a public course - who cares...

Jon
12th October 2009, 10:45 AM
It's a public course - who cares...
Are you serious?:smt093

WBennett
12th October 2009, 10:57 AM
Jack

Your talent is going to waste here

Webster
12th October 2009, 11:06 AM
**sigh**

The newbies have much to learn....

Minor_Threat
12th October 2009, 11:21 AM
Are you serious?:smt093Don't worry about Jack, he is a shit stirrer!

Jack it just occured to me that our courses are reciprocal, I might have to come down to Vic to meet the grumpy old prick behind the keyboard..

Dotty
12th October 2009, 11:35 AM
MT, do you know for sure he is a grumpy old prick ?

'Jack' may in reality be a 22yo librarian with no inhibitions, but using the online persona of a GOP.

:razz:

Webster
12th October 2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not that old, nor that grumpy.

Public course players should expect this sort of thing same as having the bunkers full of footmarks, and 5 hour rounds etc.

Eynesbury is ordinary anyway.

MT - PM me when you are coming to town. I have a suspicion we may have played before anyway.

Jon
12th October 2009, 11:49 AM
Don't worry about Jack, he is a shit stirrer!

Jack it just occured to me that our courses are reciprocal, I might have to come down to Vic to meet the grumpy old prick behind the keyboard..
Yeah, wondered about that.

CobraSS
12th October 2009, 05:53 PM

Had this happen at Woodford on the 7th green one Saturday night, when club was the venue for a 18th b'day party, was bit of a shock for the first group of the social clubs the next day, and a crap job for one of the greenkeepers to change the hole.

zigwah
12th October 2009, 05:59 PM
hahaha a crap job :)

Rufus T Firefly
12th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Are you serious?:smt093

Yeah the course is 50 times better then any private course around. ****ing wankers who need the cart run over them a few times.

TourFit
12th October 2009, 06:26 PM
Most of my putts have been shitty lately anyway !!! :mrgreen:

pom
12th October 2009, 06:26 PM
Had this happen at Woodford on the 7th green one Saturday night, when club was the venue for a 18th b'day party, was bit of a shock for the first group of the social clubs the next day, and a crap job for one of the greenkeepers to change the hole.
Speaking of Woodford. What condition is the course in these days?

ozdevil
12th October 2009, 06:44 PM
do you accept someone doing burnouts on your front lawn jack becuase your house is on a public street?

Public course or not this kind of behaviour should not happen at all

yes certain things on a public course 1 may have to accept but burnouts in golf carts is not 1 of them...

Webster
12th October 2009, 06:48 PM
do you accept someone doing burnouts on your front lawn jack becuase your house is on a public street?

I would never allow golf carts on my front lawn - it is strictly "walking only" at my place. And besides, it has a 4 foot high friggin picket fence all the way around it to keep the ****tards out.

Eyensebury is a craphole - it probably did thousands of dollars worth of improvements anyway.

razaar
12th October 2009, 07:02 PM
This was a common occurance at Keperra in the late 80s on the par-3 8th, during the Saturday comp no less. The prick would hide in the creek bed and wait for a gap in the field, do his business and jam it in the hole with the flag stick. After numerous trys the club eventually caught him...

haysey
12th October 2009, 07:09 PM
Some redneck bogans dug up a few greens at Gordonvale on their quad-bike a few weeks back. :neutral:

As if that wasn't bad enough, they put the pins right near the tyre marks. :roll:

Took this a couple of days later. They should hand these ****ers over to Solarman if they find em....

In the Hole
17th October 2009, 10:44 PM

well at elast that may have some appeal to someone with a perverse sense of humour:smt087...wantin vandalism is another thing , should be banned for life...a-holes

Spider Lover
19th October 2009, 02:53 PM
At my local course a couple of losers on the beers were doing dohnuts in the carts and hanging off the back of the cart while the other was driving. The marshall told them to leave. They knew this kid from their school days. They chased him back to the pro shop. A bit of a fight ensued, including the local pro. The young marshall got hit over the head with an iron from one of the losers and needed stitches. Both tools got charged.

This is how dumb they are...they handed their drivers licence in for the cart and then whack someone over the head.

CobraSS
19th October 2009, 05:50 PM
Speaking of Woodford. What condition is the course in these days?

Very dry, plenty of grass on the fairways , just dead, need rain, greens were cored, scarified and sanded 3-4 weeks ago, so still a little bumpy and slow.