PDA

View Full Version : St. Andrews Beach

raidrboy
10th October 2009, 09:56 PM
Got an email from a mate tonight who is having a weekend golf trip to The Mornington Peninsula and he tells me the St. Andrews Beach Golf course has been re-opened as a pay-to-play venture.
A Melbourne based company is running the club. Green fees on w/ends are $69 ($89 with a shared cart) and mid-week is $49 ($69 with a shared cart). He couldn't make any comment on the course condition as he did not play the course.

adlo
10th October 2009, 09:58 PM
Some Vic boys over at tgf.com have said the condition is very good.

There are also dawn and twilight specials.

kpac
3rd December 2009, 04:23 PM
Anyone played it since the re-open?
I'm going to give it a crack over the busy period. Was hoping to find out if the condition is acceptable....

Webster
3rd December 2009, 04:26 PM
I havent been there since it re-open, but apparently the condition is fine, in fact quite good.

chappy1970
4th December 2009, 09:32 AM
My folks went for a drive a couple of weeks back to have a look at St.A and said it was in great nick.

Jim
20th December 2009, 10:42 AM
Refreshing to see a thread on St Andrews Beach where disgruntled former members haven't gone postal.

Condition is excellent.

Bruce
26th January 2010, 05:37 PM
Played there this morning and had a ball.

This is now the must play for any visitors coming south.

If you like Barnbougle you will almost certainly enjoy St Andrews Beach.

f00re
26th January 2010, 11:44 PM
Played there 27/12 and had the best day!
excellent condition, A little bit of weed through the fairways, but well worth the $$

rodders
27th January 2010, 03:02 PM
Played there boxing day. Nice design but greens a bit slow on my day.

Sad to see such a great course struggle so much but not surprising given there are no facilities, no money for any and so many other established options around if you after a house/golf deal.

Hope it survives but not sure at $70 a round it can. Needs a lot of infrastructure to lure people to purchase and with all knowing how much financial crap it's in - not sure anyone will pay the coin and take the risk.

Play it while you can!

JohnLLL
27th January 2010, 07:30 PM
St Andrews is my favourite layout on the Peninsula.
Great course which I cant wait to play again.

mint
12th February 2010, 12:40 PM
Played there 27/12 and had the best day!
excellent condition, A little bit of weed through the fairways, but well worth the $$

Great value for money course. played it early Jan and loved the layout but did find that there was weed on the fairways...

around the greens and greens themselves were awesome - super quick !!

probably not in my top 5 courses but will play it again for the layout.