PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Cup

chappy1970
9th October 2009, 09:56 AM
It's on gents and Woods/Stricker has given Ogilvy/Ryo a golfing lesson on Day 1.

Adam Scott seems to be doing OK with the Big Easy by his side.

Come on the mongrels, I mean the Internationals

Hamo84
9th October 2009, 10:03 AM
how did Ogilvy/Ryo play though? Were they just outplayed or did they make life harder for themselves by making errors.

Daves
9th October 2009, 10:10 AM
how did Ogilvy/Ryo play though? Were they just outplayed or did they make life harder for themselves by making errors.

Stricker putted like a demon.

Jarro
9th October 2009, 10:35 AM
Good to see Allenby playing well, Adam Scott also .... he flushed it around there today 8)

Hamo84
9th October 2009, 10:38 AM
Ah ok that would explain it....

MegaWatty
9th October 2009, 10:53 AM
Nice putt from Leonard on the last! That's a big comeback for the Ints in that match.

Jarro
9th October 2009, 10:54 AM
Real momentum swinger that one :shock:

Daves
9th October 2009, 10:55 AM
Ah ok that would explain it....

His partner did alright too:lol: but they said Stricker was 6 under for his round.

Jarro
10th October 2009, 05:59 PM
Good fightback from the Internationals this morning.

The Yanks looked to have us hosed in all the matches (except the asian paring) but we fought back to even for the day.

I've never seen so many putts lipout :shock: Fair dinkum, most of them looked to have dropped only to reappear again.

chappy1970
11th October 2009, 10:23 AM
How awesome is Woods at the moment, he could almost compete as his own country.

Scott is stinking it up today

Sydney Hacker
11th October 2009, 10:26 AM
How awesome is Woods at the moment, he could almost compete as his own country.

Scott is stinking it up today

Woods is playing second fiddle next to Stricker, that guy is on fire at the moment.

kpac
11th October 2009, 10:32 AM
dont know if any of you watched this mornings matches, but poor ol weir and clarke outplayed ti(dick)ger and str(sucker)icker for 16 holes.

was devastating to watch.
The 17th they did everything right, played 2 great shots to 3 feet with a putt for bird. Wood hit a rubbish drive, stricker caught it terrible in the pot then the knob rolled a monster putt to save the game, and then win it on the next....

Sydney Hacker
11th October 2009, 10:37 AM
dont know if any of you watched this mornings matches, but poor ol weir and clarke outplayed ti(dick)ger and str(sucker)icker for 16 holes.

The 17th they did everything right, played 2 great shots to 3 feet with a putt for bird. Wood hit a rubbish drive, stricker caught it terrible in the pot then the knob rolled a monster putt to save the game, and then win it on the next....

That's the joy of match play though I guess isn't it ?

If Weir (I think it was Weir) had of not missed his relatively short putt on 17 they would never of lost the match.

kpac
11th October 2009, 10:39 AM
That's the joy of match play though I guess isn't it ?

If Weir (I think it was Weir) had of not missed his relatively short putt on 17 they would never of lost the match.

Yes - felt for the bloke tho, he was just shattered that woods made the putt and really had nothing left.

Daves
11th October 2009, 12:04 PM
Tigers has only been playing OK by his standards. Stricker has been hot, hot, hot. Scary that Tiger could step up a gear yet.

Cink and Glover are the US's weakest link. Does Glover wear a hair piece or is his mugshot the worst photo ever!

Hamo84
11th October 2009, 09:41 PM
Tigers has only been playing OK by his standards. Stricker has been hot, hot, hot. Scary that Tiger could step up a gear yet.

Cink and Glover are the US's weakest link. Does Glover wear a hair piece or is his mugshot the worst photo ever!
justin leonards is just as bad lol.....

Jarro
12th October 2009, 07:09 AM
All over red rover !

Man we missed some putts out there today. Although i'm sure it wasn't just the putts that lost it for us .... those damn Yanks are just too good on their home soil.

Minor_Threat
12th October 2009, 07:11 AM
Allenby was +2 when he lost, what a joke..

3oneday
12th October 2009, 07:54 AM
How bad is his putting, totally rank and almost embarrassing. He'll be using a broomstick soon I reckon.

zigwah
12th October 2009, 09:28 AM

Awsome what some of these guys can do under pressure, something Norman never came to terms with.

Jarro
12th October 2009, 09:33 AM
He played pretty well in the 4ball events Dick, actually saving the team a few times with some great ironplay.

But still, he looks as shaky as ever over the putter.

Jarro
12th October 2009, 09:44 AM
If he saved them a few times how come his record for the event is 1-4 ?

How the **** would i know ?

Ask Addamsmith

kpac
12th October 2009, 09:52 AM
If he saved them a few times how come his record for the event is 1-4 ?

Because the yanks a fkn daylights ahead of us. He play ok in patches - just like the rest of the team. Ogilvy was bloody terrible - allenby however was going alright, the intl's were never in the hunt.

Tex
12th October 2009, 09:56 AM
Tim Clarke was the best of the Intl, I thought, Iron play and putting were very nice to watch.