PDA

View Full Version : Following the trail.....

Clevision
7th October 2009, 12:21 PM
Hi all.

I've been reading a few threads on here for a while and thought it was time to join.
Where I come from it's getting a bit quiet.......:cry:

Cheers

Pegasus2357
7th October 2009, 12:36 PM
Hi all.

I've been reading a few threads on here for a while and thought it was time to join.

Cheers
Welcome Clevision. It has become very quiet over there hasn't.;)

BrisVegas
7th October 2009, 12:36 PM
g'day mate, welcome aboard. nice avatar!

Clevision
7th October 2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome Clevision. It has become very quiet over there hasn't.;)

Yes Peg, very quiet, not that there was an intended message to admin but they might get it......=P~

Dotty
7th October 2009, 01:24 PM
Welcome aboard.

Pre-emptive thank you to the all the ISG converts, for volunteering to sponsor the 2009 OzGolf Xmas drinks. ;):razz::twisted:

Jon
7th October 2009, 01:31 PM
Welcome Clevision, I'm also a recent convert, your right, very quiet over there now.:)

Dazza
7th October 2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome Clevision. :)

ParMaster
7th October 2009, 02:04 PM
Hello and welcome.

razaar
7th October 2009, 02:08 PM
Hi all.

Cheers
Seems the noisy one's are now over here. Welcome.

adlo
7th October 2009, 02:10 PM
With all this recent activity, I think Boz just.....

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/149004941041/inlineimg/Y/jizz_in_pants_andy_samberg.jpg

live4golf
7th October 2009, 02:20 PM
Good day.

Mollydook
7th October 2009, 02:39 PM
Didn't I just see you in a thread somewhere??

Clevision
7th October 2009, 02:44 PM
Didn't I just see you in a thread somewhere??

Just dropped back to get something i forgot......:lol:

zigwah
7th October 2009, 04:25 PM
how you going mate, i'm just across the river from you.

pom
7th October 2009, 07:40 PM
Does that put you in Shepperton

Hi all.

Cheers
Hi mate . Another convert hey? Will have to do a countback to see how many other siders have joined up in the last couple of weeks:smt038:smt038

zigwah
7th October 2009, 07:54 PM
Does that put you in Shepperton

Just a bit out from it

Clevision
7th October 2009, 08:33 PM

Nice to know there's someone local on this forum. Where do you play?

zigwah
7th October 2009, 10:41 PM
Shepp mostly, sometimes Kialla, last time i was at mooroopna i swore i wouldn't play there again.

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 10:43 PM
Mooroopna? Is that really a place?

adlo
7th October 2009, 10:44 PM
We need a new OzGolf banner:

OzGolf: new home of the ISG rejects

(no offense to ISG rejects)

henno
7th October 2009, 10:44 PM
One way or another, we are all ISG rejects.

adlo
7th October 2009, 10:45 PM

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 10:47 PM

Double post?

But agreed.

adlo
7th October 2009, 10:49 PM
Strange. Must have posted exact moment Henno replied. Oh well, best double post ever.

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 10:50 PM
Probably the best banner ever too.

adlo
7th October 2009, 10:51 PM
It would be quality. Maybe some Vision logos on there.

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 10:53 PM
And an Indian finding the trail from ISG to ozgolf, using a vison ball as the guiding light.

adlo
7th October 2009, 10:57 PM
And an Indian finding the trail from ISG to ozgolf, using a vison ball as the guiding light.

Nice!

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 10:59 PM
It will be like the last of the mohicans with the ISGr's being the mohicans and ISG admin being that evil indian dude whose heart was twisted.

I'll be Daniel Day Lewis. He is the shit.

markTHEblake
7th October 2009, 11:40 PM
One way or another, we are all ISG rejects.

no, we rejected ISG.

Yossarian
8th October 2009, 12:06 AM
Conquered we conquer.

Clevision
8th October 2009, 09:15 AM
Shepp mostly, sometimes Kialla, last time i was at mooroopna i swore i wouldn't play there again.
Give us time mate, there's a lot of new work being done atm, new fairways, new greens, new bunkers, it all takes time. Something needed to be done and the process is underway, short term pain, long term gain.

zigwah
8th October 2009, 10:26 AM
Give us time mate, there's a lot of new work being done atm, new fairways, new greens, new bunkers, it all takes time. Something needed to be done and the process is underway, short term pain, long term gain.

Well it's about time, the club has hardly done a thing to make the course better, other than band aid jobs that didn't work, since they got those poker machines. Considering the amount of money those things make, the golf course should have had a makeover years ago.

They have had stacks of time imo, 490 bux to join v's 650 for shepp, i know where the better value is.

IMO the club would be dead without the good social side of the club, great bunch of blokes mostly.

I stopped playing there when table dancing was frowned upon, i thought to myself i could get that at shepp and a better course lol

How's Gundy going? still playing?

Clevision
8th October 2009, 02:20 PM
Well it's about time, the club has hardly done a thing to make the course better, other than band aid jobs that didn't work, since they got those poker machines. Considering the amount of money those things make, the golf course should have had a makeover years ago.

They have had stacks of time imo, 490 bux to join v's 650 for shepp, i know where the better value is.

IMO the club would be dead without the good social side of the club, great bunch of blokes mostly.

I stopped playing there when table dancing was frowned upon, i thought to myself i could get that at shepp and a better course lol

How's Gundy going? still playing?

I haven't seen Gundy at the club for years.
The "band-aid jobs" I'll agree with you. We have had 3 Superintendants in the past 10 years and this one seems to know what he's doing and the club is behind him.
The social side I agree also, playing here makes me happy, it's enjoyable, which to me is what I want from golf.

zigwah
8th October 2009, 04:40 PM
I haven't seen Gundy at the club for years.
The "band-aid jobs" I'll agree with you. We have had 3 Superintendants in the past 10 years and this one seems to know what he's doing and the club is behind him.
The social side I agree also, playing here makes me happy, it's enjoyable, which to me is what I want from golf.

I hope it all comes to fruition.

What has been done there in the last couple of months?

Clevision
8th October 2009, 05:27 PM
I hope it all comes to fruition.

What has been done there in the last couple of months?

You and I hope.

Replaced the 4th green 2 weeks ago, out of play atm, 8th green to be done next when the 4th is in use, new bunkers around the 6th & 12th greens. Sprayed 1st, 8th, 9th, 12th & 13th fairways in readiness for couch sprigs, same was done last year to 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 14th & 18th. The rest are planned to be done next year. Last years fairway works are coming along really well, by the end of this spring/summer they should be great. A fair few of the collars around the greens have been re-grassed also.
As I said, short term pain, long term gain.

zigwah
8th October 2009, 05:34 PM
I'll have to come for a look, Have they done anything about the wet spots?

Clevision
8th October 2009, 05:42 PM
I'll have to come for a look, Have they done anything about the wet spots?

Ah.... which ones:roll:

pom
8th October 2009, 05:42 PM
Zigwah. Do you know a guy called Brett Green. He is a member at Shepperton I think?

zigwah
8th October 2009, 06:16 PM
Ah.... which ones:roll:

LOL yeah there's a few. lets see the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 8th 15th 16th i think thats all i can remember :)

Mooroopna is a tough course made tougher by the surrounds, it would still be tough if it were in perfect nick but then you can't blame anything else

zigwah
8th October 2009, 06:17 PM
Zigwah. Do you know a guy called Brett Green. He is a member at Shepperton I think?

Maybe, guy i used to lice up the road from when i was a child, i think his name was Brett would be 40 ish?

Clevision
8th October 2009, 07:09 PM
Zig, I'll let you know when it's worth coming for game, as I said 1 greens out atm, and there's 5 dead fairways soon to be ripped up, not a good time to come for a look, unless you're like me and can see what lies ahead, well what I hope lies ahead....

pom
8th October 2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe, guy i used to lice up the road from when i was a child, i think his name was Brett would be 40 ish?
Yeah ,About that. Has a fair brood of kids.

zigwah
8th October 2009, 07:54 PM
If it's the same boke he has a brother Lee

pom
8th October 2009, 09:48 PM
If it's the same boke he has a brother Lee
Not that I know of. Was worth the ask though. Mightv see you down there some time in the future.

zigwah
8th October 2009, 10:09 PM
Not that I know of. Was worth the ask though. Mightv see you down there some time in the future.

Anytime.

Hamo84
8th October 2009, 11:24 PM
Welcome aboard Clevision!!!!!!!

zigwah
9th October 2009, 07:58 AM
Zig, I'll let you know when it's worth coming for game, as I said 1 greens out atm, and there's 5 dead fairways soon to be ripped up, not a good time to come for a look, unless you're like me and can see what lies ahead, well what I hope lies ahead....

How long has the new greenskeeper been there mate?

Clevision
9th October 2009, 01:58 PM
How long has the new greenskeeper been there mate?
I think he started end of 03 start of 04. I stopped playing end of 03 and have only been back for about 18 months. I have noticed improvement in areas from when I was last a member, but obviously still a work in progress.