PDA

View Full Version : Faldo's Caddy @ Heineken

McMw
7th February 2005, 10:22 AM
Very good read off the Australian On-Line....

Caddie could have killed Faldo (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12167191%255E23213,00.html)

Ona
7th February 2005, 10:38 AM
goof stuff thanks mau

AndyP
7th February 2005, 10:46 AM
Bit of a misleading title, but a good read anyway.

Do all golfers get this shirty with their caddies?

And will anyone be taking up Shavey's offer to caddie for the ladies pro-am?

Fishman Dan
7th February 2005, 10:47 AM
Can I put that article down in the "Book's I've read" thread?

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 11:04 AM
Did anyone see Faldo on the TV Friday on the last hole?. He had to get a ruling for a drop zone next to the green and was mouthing off at the official about "gee lucky I'm not in the lead" and about the official being incompedent. Quite rude I thought. Then he putts from off the green a mile and holes it. Then he's all smiles and doing this daggy wiggly dance and he's all happy. I'm glad he didn't make the cut. Never been a fan of Faldo at all.

Iain
7th February 2005, 01:43 PM

They probably all don't, but some most certainly would.

Apparently Rory Sabbatini is a real A-hole to caddy for......

Fishman Dan
7th February 2005, 01:50 PM

I'm sure all caddies cop it at some stage. At the Australian Open last November, during the final round (in 40* heat) Paul Gow nearly impaled his caddy on his putter handle after bogey'ing the fairly simple 10th.

I'm not sure if it was a bad read of the green by the caddy or a poor club selection for him to miss the green in the first place - but Gowie wanted to destroy the poor guy. You might have seen TV footage as he all but threw his putter at him.

Ducky
8th February 2005, 07:32 AM
I'm interested in Fanny Sunesson's club polishing technique.

I have to keep my clubs looking good.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).