PDA

View Full Version : A sub forum for each state and territory

ozdevil
6th October 2009, 08:17 PM
Gday All

Just thinking it would be good to have a sub forums for each state and territory rather then wading through posts that are not relevent to your state or teritory..

this will not stop people perusing other state forums as people love to travel and want to get information on other states...

it just might be easier to organise golfing days or golf game with other members that are in the same state as each other

Just a suggestion

ozdevil

Jarro
6th October 2009, 08:19 PM
oze, we do have a Social Groups function.

Would that do the trick ?

Grunt
6th October 2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe East Coast V West Coast. We all seemed to get along once though.

kev
6th October 2009, 08:20 PM
Maybe expand the states Prefix from the 1st Tee to all Threads?

Yossarian
6th October 2009, 08:21 PM
Well the first tee section covers the games and such, and all the other threads seem to be running along fine atm if you ask me, which your not but hey. I don't see why they would need to be divided by state.

just
6th October 2009, 08:22 PM
Well the first tee section covers the games and such, and all the other threads seem to be running along fine atm if you ask me, which your not but hey. I don't see why they would need to be divided by state.
I agree.

LarryLong
6th October 2009, 08:42 PM
Maybe just one called 'Australia' and one called 'WA'? :mrgreen:

Yossarian
6th October 2009, 08:44 PM

:smt108

:lol:

As adlo has previously stated we are all reformed men over here, living good healthy lives.

Jarro
6th October 2009, 08:45 PM
yeah right :roll:

Yossarian
6th October 2009, 08:48 PM
:roll:

AndyP
6th October 2009, 08:59 PM
Absolutely not. Why would you want to segregate the community?
It defeats the point of a discussion forum, and I can't say that I have seen it elsewhere.

Zeusgolf
6th October 2009, 09:22 PM

You guys would be in darkness without us.....

shazza_rs
6th October 2009, 10:01 PM
It defeats the point of a discussion forum, and I can't say that I have seen it elsewhere.

what he said !8-)

Ferrins
6th October 2009, 10:12 PM
Xenophobia is a dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown or different from oneself. It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner," and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear. ...

Tongueboy
7th October 2009, 07:54 PM
very deep....and that is 400

Yossarian
7th October 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah ferrins has that golf ball to the head done something to you?

adlo
7th October 2009, 11:05 PM

Isn't that one getting a bit stale LL?

Scottt
8th October 2009, 02:18 AM
So I want to start a thread about Adam Scott (from Queensland) shooting an advert for Tooheys (from NSW) at Kennedy Bay (in WA) with Anna Rawson (from South Australia). How would you place that one ozdevil/kev? :lol:

LarryLong
8th October 2009, 07:43 AM
Touché

PeteyD
8th October 2009, 08:16 AM
Just base it on Anna Rawson ...

Bruce
8th October 2009, 09:31 AM
I base a lot of things on Anna Rawson.

I would love to be her GoDaddy.

Jon
8th October 2009, 07:23 PM
Yep I agree, divisive.

Yossarian
8th October 2009, 07:28 PM
I just want to say I love you all.

Jon
8th October 2009, 07:44 PM
I just want to say I love you all.
What's not to love?

ozdevil
8th October 2009, 08:00 PM
My thoughts was based on an easy way to find out what courses are in what state instead of searching through and entire forum for say huntidale in victoria

by introducing these sub forums is not going to segregate the community at all as it wasnt ment for general banter....

it would be much easier for interstate members to find out what courses are in that particular place and the course in that state will have members from that state commenting on how they found that course to be extra ...

in a normal area if i was to holiday say in sydney i wouldnt have a clue where the golf course are and what they are like... and the moment i would have to wade through thousands of threads in 1 forum and hoping that i have found what i am looking for on that particular course

as i said it was only a suggestion and not the end of the world as my idea wasnt to segregate the community at all

markTHEblake
8th October 2009, 08:10 PM
as i said it was only a suggestion and not the end of the world as my idea wasnt to segregate the community at all

i understood what you meant - if that helps.

the Prefixes in the First Tee area already do that though

AndyP
8th October 2009, 08:54 PM
It could be done in the Course Talk area too, but it wouldn't affect the threads already there.

Sydney Hacker
8th October 2009, 08:54 PM
I am surprised Henno and the other spelling/grammer champions have not been in here yet...

AndyP
8th October 2009, 08:57 PM
I am surprised Henno and the other spelling/grammer champions have not been in here yet...I'm one of them, but sometimes it's not worf it.

Sydney Hacker
8th October 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm one of them, but sometimes it's not worf it.

I am picturing Henno cuddled up into a ball on the floor after reading that post.

Yossarian
8th October 2009, 09:42 PM
What's not to love?

Fools?