PDA

View Full Version : Hills International Blue Roo 16th Feb 10.30 AM TEE

macleod
7th February 2005, 09:07 AM
Anyone up for the Hills' Blue roo on Wednesday the 16th of February?

Let me know and I can book some tee times in

Sure it's a looong course but it's very nice and worth the venture.

Booked the 10.30 teetime for 4 players under the name LIDDLE

best to get away before all the students tee off as they are very methodical...read slow...very competitive too from what the other guys i met said.

Iain
7th February 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm a day off, so count me in for this Macca.....

markTHEblake
7th February 2005, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a bargain, i am in. plus write down A.Mate in pencil.

macleod
8th February 2005, 07:53 AM
great, given it's distance from everybody's house I'll aim for an 11.00-ish teetime?

markTHEblake
8th February 2005, 10:34 AM
A.mate has withdrawn.

1. Macleod
2. Top Dog Iain
3. Blake

11.00 sounds fine. Looks like your finally going to get a midweek game organised!

markTHEblake
8th February 2005, 12:42 PM
A.mate2 is in.

1. Macleod
2. Top Dog Iain
3. marktheBlake
4. NathanC (mtb's mate)

990B Luva
8th February 2005, 01:09 PM
A.mate2 is in.

1. Macleod
2. Top Dog Iain
3. marktheBlake
4. NathanC (mtb's mate)
How much are you paying him :?:

Iain
8th February 2005, 08:57 PM
A.mate2 is in.How much are you paying him :?:

Probably less than the cost of a couple of shafts!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

macleod
10th February 2005, 10:35 PM
TeeTime booked for 10.30 AM for 4.

Under the name LIDDLE

students go in a block between 10.45 ish through 12.00 so best to get off before them as they are pretty intense.

markTHEblake
10th February 2005, 10:47 PM
so best to get off before them as they are pretty intense.

reminds me of when the girl guides joined in at the Jamboree.

macleod
11th February 2005, 08:18 AM
:D

i remember a combined one at Bundaberg i attended when i was a scout (sea scout of course....hervey bay being near the ocean)

that was good clean fun. held beneath that bridge that bastard knocked that poor backbacker stuttle off.....everytime i thought of that incident it gets mixed with memories of the jamboree being held in the park beneath....odd feeling

got out of scouts since an older one kept beating the new young members fresh from cubs up, slaps to the head, verbal taunts...what an ahole. one night 4 of us got him out the back of the den in the dark patch near the outside dunny.....ahhh sweet revenge.

only a bit of pushing and maybe some girly whacks but we felt better for it...and due to the dark he didn't really know who it was since he ran into the dunny and stayed there...

markTHEblake
16th February 2005, 11:36 PM
What an enormous challenge a 6900metre Par 72 course is, which makes it longer than that sheilas course "Whistling Straits", by about 40m. Makes it even harder when you have holes that are 390m, and you have to lay up with your tee shot at <200m from the tee.

Course note: It took me 16 holes to work out why I was hitting my drives so short and my irons so long. The 150m and 100m pegs were actually yards, ie 135m and 90m.

Unit was impressive, smashing some huge drives, one monster of 290+ on a 435m par four. which he followed up by dribbling a 7 iron along the ground into the pond just in front of him. Wont be long before he starts playing some good golf.

Macleod was equally impressive shooting only 4 over par on the back 9, awesome stuff from a golfer that really cares about his game, and he played the entire 9 on his last golf ball, thats pressure.

My mate Nathan played OK, but a 9 on the 2nd and triple on the 3rd put him out of the reckoning for a good score quite early. Was green high for 2 on the 575m 18th hole - no wind.

As for myself After 3 triples and a double in the first 8 holes the big 100 was quite possible, but I made a couple of nice putts on the way home to save me from disgrace (again).

There is so much one can say about this course, but to sum it up; Toughest I have ever played. Makes Koralbyn copperhead look like a pussies course. Cant wait to play it again, this time i will know to lay up a further 20m. ( I hate it when you lay up and still reach the pond).

Final Scores;
(as in above handicap)

+3 Iain the Unit: wins on countback from
+3 Macleod
+5 Mark the blake
+6 NathanC

Iain
16th February 2005, 11:48 PM
but I made a couple of nice putts on the way home to save me from disgrace (again).

A Couple!!!!???? :shock: :shock: You made just about everything you looked at, except for that 2 footer on the 3rd :P

Great day, thanks guys. I hit driver really well today, like Blakey said, the 9th, a par 4 435m, I hit driver to about 140m!!! :shock: :shock: (I was happy with that one. :wink: )

I didn't think I played poorly, just a few bad shots, caused a couple of blowouts.

But hey it's golf.

AndyP
17th February 2005, 08:29 AM
+3 Iain the Unit: wins on countback from
+3 Macleod
Why do you need a countback to split the leaders? Can't you have joint winners?

If Macca had only 4 over par on the back nine, Iain must have blitzed it.

Jarro
17th February 2005, 11:07 AM

.. but we don't know what he had on the front 9 do we :roll:

AndyP
17th February 2005, 11:20 AM

They finished with the same score, yet Iain won on countback. Which means Iain did better than Macca on the back 9.

Macca plays off 15, I think, so he had a nett back nine of 3.5 under (if Blakey used fractions).
Therefore, Iain played 4 under his h/cap or better on the back nine, that is, 4 over par off the stick or better, as his handicap for the nine would have been 8.

Do I need to draw a chart?

terryand
17th February 2005, 11:22 AM

They finished with the same score, yet Iain won on countback. Which means Iain did better than Macca on the back 9.

Macca plays off 15, I think, so he had a nett back nine of 3.5 under (if Blakey used fractions).
Therefore, Iain played 4 under his h/cap or better on the back nine, that is, 4 over par off the stick or better, as his handicap for the nine would have been 8.

MEOW

Terry.

AndyP
17th February 2005, 11:29 AM
MEOW
No emoticon for that one, Terry.

Don't interpret the post that way just because I boycott emoticons. I couldn't be bothered using the winks and razzes anymore.

Jarro
17th February 2005, 11:30 AM

not really, i couldn't give a rats arse what they shot. But if you feel the need to draw a chart... go ahead. I wouldn't want you to miss out on your jollies :P

terryand
17th February 2005, 11:42 AM
MEOW
No emoticon for that one, Terry.

Don't interpret the post that way just because I boycott emoticons. I couldn't be bothered using the winks and razzes anymore.

Do I need to draw a chart?Tongue in cheek or not, it was still a good line =D>

Terry.

markTHEblake
17th February 2005, 04:48 PM
you blokes are only about a million miles off, and you dribble on a bit ;-)
Macca and Iain have the same handicap.

Macca lost on a countback becuase of some on course discrepancies, including, but not limited to,
- forgetting to say "Hey blakey, thats MY ball"
- Burke and Wills directions on some of the holes.
- he wore those shorts again.
- breaking my tee
- and not checking the local rule board.

Iain
19th February 2005, 02:09 PM
Checked in Thursdays paper, yesterday and saw that I finished runner-up in B grade!!!! They didn't show any scores for the grades so I don't know how far back from 1st I was :? :?

They only had that a nett 68 won the blue roo and a 73 was best gross..... :?

markTHEblake
19th February 2005, 02:15 PM
Congrats, looks like you'll have to go back and pick up your prize, and while your there, take my humility back and see if you can find my ego, which dissappeared somewhere around the 2nd hole.

markTHEblake
19th February 2005, 02:26 PM
BTW if you played with me today Iain, you would have cried. Pretty much the same with the flat stick, probably better.

Iain
19th February 2005, 02:33 PM
BTW if you played with me today Iain, you would have cried. Pretty much the same with the flat stick, probably better.

That would of been good to see. As you putted awesome on Wednesday......

AndyP
19th February 2005, 04:26 PM
Checked in Thursdays paper, yesterday and saw that I finished runner-up in B grade!!!!
The Unit train keeps on rolling on.

Well done, Iain. Looks like you have hit a little form patch, now that you are back playing again.