PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Taylormade r9 driver shaft screw is threaded please help.

ben0s
5th October 2009, 07:29 PM
high my screw on the motore 65 shaft had threaded, then i thought i got it on ok and the club head went flying, so now i got a stripped shaft thread and no screw someone please help me fix my club, or provide me with the parts and no how to do so.

AndyP
5th October 2009, 08:16 PM
Slow down. What do you want? Some might have trouble reading that post....

Lucasto23
5th October 2009, 08:26 PM
i can give you a screw, but not the tip or i will have to kill you. titleist ordered some sleeves in and you should pm him

mike
5th October 2009, 08:31 PM
I wonder if this is going to happen to all the R9s. I would find that highly amusing.

haysey
5th October 2009, 08:38 PM
i can give you a screw, but not the tip or i will have to kill you. titleist ordered some sleeves in and you should pm him

Where'd you get your hands on a spare screw Lucas? I didn't think they were removable....

I wonder if this is going to happen to all the R9s. I would find that highly amusing.

Wait till the head flies off your TMTBTP.

zigwah
5th October 2009, 08:49 PM
Didn't it feel strange when you were trying to get the screw in the first time?

Minor_Threat
5th October 2009, 08:54 PM
I know nothing about these setups, however if the shaft is threaded I would say your stuffed.

If you were to get it re-threaded the OD would be different and would not screw on properly..

Just my guess!

Captain Nemo
5th October 2009, 09:41 PM
You can buy new sleeves with the screw as well, $50 US.

zigwah
5th October 2009, 09:55 PM
Just bang a die in it, or even a tek screw.

Scrub that just whack a tek screw in it make you own thread, it's only a screw ffs

Lucasto23
6th October 2009, 01:26 PM
Spare screw came with 2 tips i got from the states. I thought the same thing and hought it was odd. not going to try and change my srew anytime soon, but after reading this thread. i'm gonna hold onto mine just in case;)

Where'd you get your hands on a spare screw Lucas? I didn't think they were removable....

Wait till the head flies off your TMTBTP.

ben0s
6th October 2009, 04:53 PM
the screw was fine its in the shaft it had threaded, but then trying to use the club and the head along with the screw goes flying and cant be found then a new one is required, also a tip dont let people have a practise hit with it, i find when people are testing your club they try to hit it to the moon, and this is how mine was damaged.

Chris32
6th October 2009, 04:55 PM
Superglue it and sell it on eBay, then buy another!

ben0s
6th October 2009, 04:57 PM
despite this slight problem, it is the best driver i have ever used, goes a mile and is light and easy to swing, i used my friends r7 it was so much heavier. And stuff buying a fti etc. i can hit the ball more strait with this club and twice as far.

ben0s
6th October 2009, 05:40 PM
i wouldnt buy another on ebay due to the fact that this one is high quality head and shaft not worth risking getting a low quality one. looking into a after market one better quality.

Lucasto23
6th October 2009, 06:52 PM
just get a new sleeve with a screw on us ebay;)