7/14 fairways
11 green's in reg
30 putts(2x3putts)1 for par
2 bogey's
1 triple bogey
2 birdies
13 pars

found 1 water hazzard.
It could have been a very good round if I just had my head screwed on!

75 scr CCR73
H'cap now 3.9 (4)

BrisVegas
7th February 2005, 12:45 PM
75 scr CCR73
H'cap now 3.9 (4)

Well played mate. very nearly a par round... 8)

Flowergirl
7th February 2005, 02:00 PM
31 swashbuckling points at Emerald lakes on Sat morning.
The stifling heat and the headache (probably a tooma) took its toll at the end...not to mention cored greens.

Cored greens now means pure-a-rooney for the Flourgirl get together on the 26th.

Whatsa pure-a-rooney?? ( and be nice to me!!)

BrisVegas
7th February 2005, 02:11 PM
31 swashbuckling points at Emerald lakes on Sat morning.
The stifling heat and the headache (probably a tooma) took its toll at the end...not to mention cored greens.

Cored greens now means pure-a-rooney for the Flourgirl get together on the 26th.

Whatsa pure-a-rooney?? ( and be nice to me!!)

He means "in good condition". Looking forward to meeting you on 26th at Emmy for the day-nighter.

golfer69 - good going with the 31 points. Not bad considering you were MOE-ing a few out there. :wink: Have you tried prozac for the headaches? They might be stress-induced...

McMw
7th February 2005, 10:55 PM
had a 36 around the front nine...some solid shots, some not so...
should have finished level...but missed a real easy putt on the 5th for a bird... :roll:

putting needs a lot of work or a lot of luck... :oops:

Jarro
7th February 2005, 11:19 PM
played Nudgee South this arvo .... par 70(35/35) .. shot 80.

8/13 fairways
7 G.I.R's :oops:
32 putts

Trung
8th February 2005, 05:04 PM
Had a chance to crack 5hcp today but I blew it.

21 + 12 = 33 points

I choked on the back 9s :oops:

Flowergirl
8th February 2005, 06:55 PM
Wow Trung. You are really playing good solid golf at the moment. Great stuff. :D

McMw
8th February 2005, 10:00 PM
bogeyed the last two holes (with VERY DISGUSTING IRON SHOTS) to finish 2 over for the front nine...
all in all...happy to end the year of the monkey with a decent game...

bring on the year of the rooster!!! :D

marcel
9th February 2005, 03:57 PM

21 + 12 = 33 points

mate, you are dead set out of control..........

Does 21 points equate to par for the front 9

Grunt
9th February 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi all

Well andrew & I played penrith this morning.

Nothing spectacular from myself as with all the changes to my swing kept me busy just hitting the ball but did a have a birdie on the 13th to make me come back again. :lol:

Finished with 28 points and Andrew played pretty good for 40, the 2 of us with 43 in the 2B. That score just show how much I played for the team! :roll:

Another lesson next week and I may have something else to work o nin my swing :?

Trung
9th February 2005, 08:59 PM
Marcel, 4 on the front and 2 on the back.
I knew 5-up was a chance.... I choked under pressure :oops:

McMw
9th February 2005, 09:48 PM
I don't know whether to chuck a hissy fit or to just cry...

played this afternoon, shot a 4over 74 (which is a decent score, given my past couple of week scores)...but i had 4 PENALTY shots... :cry: :cry: :cry:

went into the hazard on the 4th (hooking drive), hit the tree on the 11th (took a provisional for lost ball or OOB), and hit my t shot on the last into the hazard...

I'm just a few bad swings away from a great score....I can just feel it...
Just need to get the bad swings out of my system... :(

Onewood
9th February 2005, 09:51 PM

21 + 12 = 33 points

WHEN do YOU finish your long service leave :wink: :D

Good shooting Trung, :P

Virgal_Tracy
10th February 2005, 10:48 AM
Played yesterday afternoon off the plates and after changing my takeaway to get the clubhead square at impact may finally have found the solution to the dreaded slice. I don't want to hear the laughter from the big hitters out there but managed to reach the 399m par4 with driver and 9 iron. (fairway and GIR stat - not bad for player off 22)

That alone made my day apart from the 82 off the stick (par 67) and 43 stableford. There may well be light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an express train coming the other way

McMw
10th February 2005, 10:13 PM
76 with 1 penalty stroke, 1 brain fart from 2.5 ft away, and 1 3putt...
gave myself decent chances for birdies...only made 1... :roll:

macleod
10th February 2005, 11:28 PM
REdcliffe Blue marker comp

Gross 83, nett 68, 39 points (17 front, 22 back)

nice day with 2 lady members, good fun for $8

good course, god it's got some long par 4's....thick rough too!

AndyP
11th February 2005, 09:22 AM
Wynnum Blue marker comp

Macca, I'm thinking that if you were a member of a club, your AGU handicap would be a bit lower by now.
Have you kept a record of your comp rounds, CCRs, and what your handicap might be?

I thought you were playing at Redcliffe, not Wynnum?

cazandpaul
11th February 2005, 04:03 PM
37pts this morning including three one pointers and a wipe :cry:

McMw
12th February 2005, 12:36 AM
38 on the back nine...
lost a prov1x on the 11th (found it on the 10th yesterday) with a dodgy drive...double...
bogeyed 15 and 18 against the bird on 17...

once again, it's just 2-3 swings away from a good score...6-7 swings away for a good 18hole score... :?

macleod
12th February 2005, 09:36 AM
Wynnum Blue marker comp

Macca, I'm thinking that if you were a member of a club, your AGU handicap would be a bit lower by now.
Have you kept a record of your comp rounds, CCRs, and what your handicap might be?

I thought you were playing at Redcliffe, not Wynnum?
hmmmm, no 'congrats on a nice round' eh? :)

if i was keeping mark, i have consistently shot rounds of around the 19 to 20 handicap range in the comps i've played including social rounds. the exercise is pointless when i am focussing on my game and not the handicap anymore.

yes, my hcap would be lower from this one round, but i believe i would be hovering around 17+ with the rounds i've played over the past 8 months.

one good round doesn't mean im a burglar, i had a nice day and that was it.

trust me, i was on 18 for over 2 years with teamfore and the 14 cap i got handed when i joined gailes was an aberation. sure i'd like to play better again, with the occasional low 80's rounds i used to have but for over a year i have not performed well anymore.

Onewood
12th February 2005, 09:45 AM

Thats only your opinion Mac :D we know better :wink:

Redcliffe, has got some long par 4's so to shoot that score is good going 8)

AndyP
12th February 2005, 02:09 PM
I was just curious to see if you were tracking a hypothetical handicap (that's what I would do). Must be my selective memory picking out your good rounds, plus the good Karana rounds probably weren't comps.

You can take that as congratulations on several good rounds if you want.

McMw
12th February 2005, 02:42 PM
played 18 this morning with 2 other mates...both of them had good games...

one hadn't played for almost 3 weeks...had a quick hit last evening, and this morning, shot a 98 - which is good, considering he had 3 OOBS, and a quad bogey...still played under his hcp (-2)

the other one...big time improvement...shot an 85...which is just WOW for him...he had a run of 4 straight pars around the turn, and that's when I was getting my butt spanked by these two...

I had another 76...with 5 penalty strokes, 4 birdies...makes me SICK!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Trung
12th February 2005, 04:38 PM
84 off the bat for a net 78

Hit the ball everywhere for an 84. I feel good 8)

A year ago, if I hit the ball everywhere, score would have been in the mid 90s. :D

Back out to 6.5hcp (playing of 7 tomorrow). Fishy & Jono... Watch out :twisted:

reg320
12th February 2005, 05:32 PM
Played the medal today at Keppera, west course. 74 for a net 67. 3 birdies on the back nine - holes 1-9. doubled the 27th and the nineth :evil: - what a waste!!!

griz
12th February 2005, 06:09 PM
Onewood, kicked my butt again today :cry:

griz 31
onewood 37

terryand
12th February 2005, 06:14 PM

griz 31
onewood 37

Hey Jimmy,welcome.....FINALLY =D>

You'll get him next week :wink:

Well done on the hole in one.

Terry.

Homer
12th February 2005, 06:32 PM
68 net last Saturday then rained out on Thursday and 31 today with onewood and griz.

Onewood
12th February 2005, 07:36 PM
68 net last Saturday then rained out on Thursday and 31 today with onewood and griz.

Great day out, thanks for the beers Homer and griz :D

37 points with 2 doubles, 2 bogeys and only 1 bloody bird 8)

Onewood
12th February 2005, 07:44 PM

griz 31
onewood 37

Hey Jimmy,welcome.....FINALLY =D>

You'll get him next week :wink:

Well done on the hole in one.

Terry.

I had to have a little detour on the way home to show griz how it all works :D and logged Ross (homer) on at the same time....welcome Homer 8)

Got some nice games coming up in Port Macquarie...stay tuned :P

senecio
12th February 2005, 11:21 PM
Lifetime low score this morning. :D :D

1 over 72 for 45 stableford points (10 hcp) :shock: . Made the turn at 2 under, 3 birds and a bogie. Had 6 pars and 3 bogies for 3 over on the back nine.

I've being putting a bit work on my game since the new year and I knew it was only a matter of time until I had a low round. Wasn't expecting to go this low however.

Handicappers going to have a field day.

Ryan

McMw
12th February 2005, 11:43 PM
nice work....did u get nervous??? :wink:

Onewood
13th February 2005, 08:18 AM

Ryan

Great score Ryan, you've been knocking on the door of this for awhile 8)
Keep it going, When do they usually update your golflinks :?:

senecio
13th February 2005, 08:49 AM
I was a touch nervous standing on the 18th tee. I haven't found the fairway there in my last 6 rounds and there's trouble right and left.

I was going to take faiway wood off the tee for safety but I thought I'd just trust my swing and hit driver. Hit it well and carried the fairway bunker down the right and only left me with 95m in. :D

Kev, our handicaps usually get update late Sunday or on Monday morning. Depending on CCR I should lose around 1.8. I think the CCR will be aroung par 71. Course wasn't tough but the wind got up occasionally.

Must have been my day yesterday. Turned 30, played great golf, then won a meat tray in the raffle. :D :D

Ryan

Onewood
13th February 2005, 09:26 AM
Must have been my day yesterday. Turned 30, played great golf, then won a meat tray in the raffle. :D :D

Ryan

Happy Birthday old fella :lol: :D

AndyP
13th February 2005, 09:48 AM
Happy Birthday, and congrats on the great round, Ryan.

I was going to take faiway wood off the tee for safety but I thought I'd just trust my swing and hit driver. Hit it well and carried the fairway bunker down the right and only left me with 95m in. :D
Great attitude for a great result.

terryand
13th February 2005, 11:13 AM

1 over 72 for 45 stableford points (10 hcp) :shock: . Made the turn at 2 under, 3 birds and a bogie. Had 6 pars and 3 bogies for 3 over on the back nine.

I've being putting a bit work on my game since the new year and I knew it was only a matter of time until I had a low round. Wasn't expecting to go this low however.

Ryan

WOW....way to go Ryan =D> :smt023

Terry.

Trung
13th February 2005, 12:55 PM
75 off the bat (PAR 71) today for 39 points. Down to 5.9...
8)

4 over after 3 holes... I thought I was a gooorne

1st Hole (Par 5)
Drive Left
Hooked my way back to the fairway
Shanked a PW right of the green
Chipped on
Sunk the putt from just off the green for a 5

2nd Hole (Par 4)
Drive left left left
Chipped back to the fair way
Pulled my next one left of the green
Chipped on the green
2 putted for a 6

3rd Hole (Par 3)
OOB first ball :oops:
Reloaded from tee onto the green
2 putted for a 5

4-18th
2 birdies, 2 bogeys and 11 pars

Shredded those visitors to pieces

Fishman Dan
13th February 2005, 01:45 PM
Shredded those visitors to pieces

We were just in complete awe of that pink headcover you have :roll:

First you roll the time forward 20 mins, then you produce that...

senecio
13th February 2005, 02:34 PM
45 Stableford points and I got done in A-grade on a count back. :shock: :shock:

42 won B-grade and only 39 won C-grade.

Ryan

Trung
13th February 2005, 03:52 PM

Ryan

Doh... Bad luck Ryan :?

Onewood
13th February 2005, 04:31 PM

Ryan

Played off 10 now off 8 :P what away to hit single figures :D just leave 9 a miss :P

45 and get beat on C/B :shock: that just aint fair :evil:

McMw
13th February 2005, 04:48 PM
nice work trung... :D

I bet that after the 4th hole, you were wondering why you bothered tinkering with your clubs in the first place!!! :wink: :lol:

to lose on CB with 45pts...damn...
I thought my losing 2nd place on CB with 42 pts was bad enuff...

Pinglauncher
13th February 2005, 04:49 PM
Finally a breakthrough. 38 points today. Missed a tap in from about 18" DOH, a couple of lip outs and one in the water on 8. Could have been a lot better but after the last 7 rounds 36,36,33,35,36,36,36 it was good to see a slight handicap reduction. Back to 16 and only another 4 to go before Xmas to reach my goal for 2005.

Grunt
13th February 2005, 05:26 PM
The rebuild of the swing continues with 2 lessons followed by 2 rounds this week.

Played Penrith with Andrew on wednesday for 28 points, very scratchy, good shot followed by poor ones. Had a good birdie on the back nine made the day worthwhile.

Andrew played well ran a place in B grade I think 41 points.

Another lesson yesterday working on less lateral hip movement. Am getting there was greater that 10 inches 2 weeks ago only about 3 now.

Played again today for 34 points, 4 wipes which included 2 dumb holes where I tried to play above my ability and was burnt.

I am getting there 18 is well within reach and if I believe my coach so is A grade :lol:

AndyP
13th February 2005, 07:59 PM
What did you shoot this week?
Nothing.

It is the first time in a long time that I haven't reported a score in one of the weekly threads.
There's a good chance that I won't be reporting a score next week too.

I figured out that from October 31 until January 30 (3 months), I played 21 rounds of golf (one of them was only 9 holes). To some of you, that may not sound like a lot. But it's a shyteload for someone who supposedly has a full-time job with normal working hours and a family.

It's no wonder I burned out and needed this break from golf.

senecio
13th February 2005, 08:10 PM
It's no wonder I burned out and needed this break from golf.

More often than not a short break can do your game a world of good. You come back and just enjoy it more instead of being to analytical.

Ryan

zipptopp
13th February 2005, 09:03 PM
Had my best round to date today, 4 ball aggregate 84 points with my partner and 46 points on my own.

Not bad considering I started with a wipe and had a 1 pointer as well on the front nine for 19 pts. Then I decided to get serious and shot 27pts on the back nine including another 1 pointer.

I didn't do anything special , just kept in on the fairway, resisted temptation to hit my driver and stuck with my 3 wood and didn't try anything clever.

I just checked Golflink and it has cost me 4 shots. 24.5 to 20.5. I'm happy today but that could change next game !

Trung
13th February 2005, 09:40 PM
46 points on my own.

Ryan with 45 points, Zipptopp with 46 points

:P

Trung
13th February 2005, 09:46 PM
I bet that after the 4th hole, you were wondering why you bothered tinkering with your clubs in the first place!!! :wink: :lol:

I was ok after those first 3 holes, I knew I had it in me. Can't talk it up for 4 weeks and then have a shocker in from of Fishy & Jono :oops: . They would never let me live :lol:

Onewood
13th February 2005, 09:48 PM
Zipptopp, great scoring =D>

remember next week it's 4 for 3points on those holes rated 22/23/24 & 25 and not 4 for 4point :wink: :D

Ona
13th February 2005, 09:58 PM
More often than not a short break can do your game a world of good. You come back and just enjoy it more instead of being to analytical.

Ryan

having my first hit in over 3 weeks tomoz. If i dont shoot the lights out I'll be coming for you! :smt062

McMw
14th February 2005, 12:05 AM
ended the week with a 77...and given the way I've been hitting the ball this past week, it was a very ugly 77...(no penalty strokes)...
I think I've been golfed out!!! :lol:
The mind wanted to do things the body just couldn't!!! :lol:

actually...77 was a bloody decent score given my putting/chipping/ballstriking (or lack thereof)...

started the New Year with 74/76/76/77 - happy with that run....sorta... :lol:

macleod
14th February 2005, 08:55 AM
I was just curious to see if you were tracking a hypothetical handicap (that's what I would do). Must be my selective memory picking out your good rounds, plus the good Karana rounds probably weren't comps.

You can take that as congratulations on several good rounds if you want.
yeah, i don't count the non-comp stuff as being remotely comparable to playing a round with other people.

i usually play like shite with others around....when i play single im much more relaxed and tend to talk more :D

3oneday
14th February 2005, 09:45 AM
Played Concord 8) 8) yesterday with Kwantfm, was having an acceptable day at 7 over going up our last hole, the 8th, but had a triple to finish 10 over :x Don't reckon I have parred a "last" hole for about 2 months now :x :x .

Had 35 putts, which included a chip in :oops: , so overall, if I could have putted it might have been a scoring day.

On a nice note, The Beast performed as named, after missing the first 2 fairways, the only fairway I missed thereafter was the last one....

Pete

Bruce
14th February 2005, 10:06 AM
Raced around the front 9 of Mirboo Nth for 51 :( .

8 doubles and a par.

Anything longer than a 5 iron was appalling and spent the whole day fishing myself out of trouble off the tee.

I have plans to make this my home course once cricket finishes for the season. Even though it is 2.5hrs away from my house. It is only 2 mins away from the in-laws though and so taking the kids up for a fortnightly visit to Grandma's seems like a good long term plan. Mirboo Nth is steep - carved out of some pretty big hills. Apart from the tee boxes and greens I think there were only 2 shots from a "flat" lie.

amanda
14th February 2005, 10:41 AM
Great going zipptopp!