PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

tommy
5th October 2009, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone.

Ive just recently started playing golf again after a long break. I will be playing on the courses soon and was just wondering if you guys had any key advices that would help me strive in the right direction.

Thank you

oldmannoodles
5th October 2009, 12:08 PM
Don't let your scores dictate your enjoyment of the game.

Dotty
5th October 2009, 12:22 PM
Join a club.

Here's a recent thread about Henno breaking the ice at his local club.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13091

tommy
5th October 2009, 02:40 PM
Join a club.

Here's a recent thread about Henno breaking the ice at his local club.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13091

thanks guys, i had a read of that thread and it really boosted my confidence. atm i have no idea what ill hit on a 18 hole course, probably close to 200:mrgreen:. also, do you guys know any good golf courses in Melbourne?
thanks

sms316
5th October 2009, 02:45 PM
thanks guys, i had a read of that thread and it really boosted my confidence. atm i have no idea what ill hit on a 18 hole course, probably close to 200:mrgreen:. also, do you guys know any good golf courses in Melbourne?
thanks
Perhaps Jack could invite you for a game at Commonwealth. That should test you out.

:mrgreen:

PeteyD
5th October 2009, 02:50 PM
Melbourne, Good golf courses? You are kidding. Place is a dump ;)

tommy
5th October 2009, 03:02 PM
Melbourne, Good golf courses? You are kidding. Place is a dump ;)

wow serious? i heard huntingdale is good:?, but its on the other side of town.

Perhaps Jack could invite you for a game at Commonwealth. That should test you out.

:mrgreen:

Perhaps "Jack" should invite me for a game, ill spend half the day looking for my golf balls in the water :smt108

Johnny Canuck
5th October 2009, 03:29 PM
head somewhere public during a not too busy time so that you can relax and enjoy the game. you don't want to feel pressured or rushed during your return. it won't help you out at all.