PDA

View Full Version : Carnarvon, Sunday Feb 13 (ONE SPOT AVAILABLE)

Trung
5th February 2005, 05:53 PM
Crown Lager Invitational
Sunday Feb 13, 6.56am

1. Trung
2. Craig (member)
3. Fishman Dan
4. _____________

Jono
5th February 2005, 07:37 PM
Is this just for prizemoney, or can others join in? :wink:

Trung
5th February 2005, 08:17 PM
8)

Fishman Dan
5th February 2005, 10:35 PM
Giddy up. Thanks Trung.

Crown Lager huh... is this another rebel tour forming? Does that mean we will be accompanied all day by the sponsors? ;)

Prefer the James Boags Premium Tour myself, but beggars can't be choosers :?

jimandr
7th February 2005, 08:04 PM
Fortunately for me, this appears to be a first in, best dressed invitation to the first three players to nominate.

I can't tell Trung how disappointed I am to declare myself unavailable, not because of the ridiculously early tee-time, but because I'll be 400k's away, possibly enjoying the golf course at Port Macquarie at a far more sensible time of day.

Crownie's at 7.00am :shock: :lol: I hope we see a picture, with a clock in the background to prove it.

burger
9th February 2005, 11:26 AM
my suspicion is its an invitation day where a member can invite 1 guest.
Cromer GC does this.

stu

Trung
9th February 2005, 08:22 PM
jimandr, burger, jono..

Sorry gents, I wasn't being clear with this title.

This is an invitation Sunday comp. One member per one visitor. Craig is a friend of moi and he is a member at Carnarvon hence why there are 2 ozgolfers coming.

Fishman Dan
10th February 2005, 08:56 AM
jimandr, burger, jono..

This is an invitation Sunday comp. One member per one visitor. Craig is a friend of moi and he is a member at Carnarvon hence why there are 2 ozgolfers coming.

And these 2 'golfers' needs some mid-marker meat to make themselves feel better ;) :lol:

Trung
11th February 2005, 02:20 PM
jimandr, burger, jono..

And these 2 'golfers' needs some mid-marker meat to make themselves feel better ;) :lol:

Craig is a 19 marker. So you will feel right at home :D

A spot is now available, 3oneday is out. I will leave it till tomorrow if another ozgolfer would like to join us. If not, a local lad or one of trung's laddette will join us :D

Sunday Feb 13, 7.06am

1. Trung
2. Craig (member)
3. Fishman Dan
4. ___________

Fishman Dan
11th February 2005, 02:26 PM
No way! All this talk of being outdriven by a mid-marker has pushed the poor sod away?

Ok Pete, i promise for our next outing i'll let you outdrive me on the 1st, 9th, 10th and 18th with the clubhouse in view ;) :lol:

3oneday
11th February 2005, 02:35 PM
Ok Pete, i promise for our next outing i'll let you outdrive me on the 1st, 9th, 10th and 18th with the clubhouse in view ;) :lol:I appreciate that opportunity Dan, hopefully Trung can find it in his heart to invite me again one day..... 8) :cry:

Was just invited for a game at Concord, haven't played there since I was 16 when I shot 96 (playing off 4 :shock: :shock: ), hopefully my game has improved a little since then.

Pete

Trung
11th February 2005, 02:42 PM
Played Concord with a couple of laddettes a few month ago. Great view, great golf and a nice track. :smt002

Can't blame you Pete. Catch up for a game another time. :smt023

At this rate I better stop organising anymore games. :lol: :lol: Amanda does a better job :P

amanda
11th February 2005, 02:46 PM
At this rate I better stop organising anymore games. :lol: :lol: Amanda does a better job :P
You're doing great Trungie! I'm not playing too much golf these days anyway (about once a fortnight)

One of the guys better grab this chance quick - you don't want to watch Trung fawn all over one of the many chicks he may invite (any money they're scratch markers too 8) )

Fishman Dan
11th February 2005, 02:57 PM
You're doing great Trungie! I'm not playing too much golf these days anyway (about once a fortnight)

One of the guys better grab this chance quick - you don't want to watch Trung fawn all over one of the many chicks he may invite (any money they're scratch markers too 8) )

Ooh, a laddette huh? So, what exactly is meant by 'Scratch marker'? Reeeeoooooooowwwwww!!

I'll take 2 in a bunker any day!!!! :twisted: :lol:

Grunt
11th February 2005, 07:12 PM
Trung

Can I get back to you later tonight? I will know then if I can play.

Trung
11th February 2005, 07:34 PM
Trung

Can I get back to you later tonight? I will know then if I can play.

:smt023 sure Grant

Grunt
11th February 2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry Trung cant make it :cry:

Jono
12th February 2005, 12:47 PM
Trung,

Is this spot still available? I haven't played in a few weeks so I'm itching to get out there ... I'll probably spray it all over the place though ... :lol:

Trung
12th February 2005, 03:28 PM
Revised Tee Time.... (my error before)

6.56am

See you at 6.30am :lol:

Fishman Dan
12th February 2005, 08:35 PM
Revised Tee Time.... (my error before)

6.56am

See you at 6.30am :lol:

Holy crap - i'd better go to bed, because if i look back here it will be another 10 minutes earlier!

Trung - i'll hopefully be there early enough to have a hit-up in the nets before we start. I need it.

Trung
13th February 2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks Fishy & Jono for the game today...

I had a great time, 6.56am tee time was obviously too early for the visitors :lol: . Both visitors came back really well after 9 holes.

Craig 39 points
Trung 39 points
Jono 32 points
Fishy 27 points

Hcp down to 5.9 (lowest ever) :P

Fishman Dan
13th February 2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the game Trung.

Nearly as many wipes as i had during the week being crook (note - this is officially an excuse for a terrible round). I was obviously way too fatigued during the first 9, the magic of Sudafed during 1/2 time seemed to be the key (is there drug-testing in weekend golf?).

Managed to straighten out the driver, and even hit some fairways and GIR's.

Trung - you'll have to keep us updated with the Countdown score (95?)

Jono
13th February 2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks Trung for inviting us and for being such a good host. I don't know whether he felt sorry for me and the Fishman, but Trung shouted us breakfast and drinks at the halfway house and drinks after the round as well. :smt023

I got up just in time to speed my way to Trung's home course (usually takes 50 to 60 minutes. did it in 30 min this morning), got out of the car yawning and stretching, and was greeted by the Trungster SPRINTING to the first tee. And he probably got 2 hours of sleep too ... :roll: Fishie and I looked at each other (one coughing and the other yawning) and decided that we were the normal ones and that our jump'in jack host just had too much energy for this time of the day.

Impressions of the day:

a) Carnarvon is a relatively short course but a good risk vs. reward course. Not unlike my home course, Bayview.

b) Trungie's handicap will continue to go down for a while yet. Only missed 1 putt inside 12 feet (and that one just lipped out). The "granny distances" didn't seem that "granny" after all. Just a toned down full swing with a controlled ball flight. Hmmm ... I may have to look into this when I start playing regularly again.

c) I had 12 on the front and I think Fishy had 8. If Fishy's excuse is his cold then mine's lack of play. Just doing simple things (lining up for the shot, setup, preshot routine, etc) felt foreign to me. My putting absolutely sucked. Asked Trung the putting machine for a lesson, but he could see I was a hopeless case ... :cry: Oh, BTW, I recently got this new experimental putter ... never mind. :lol:

Well, that's about as many impressions I can have that early in the morning. :wink: Had a great time.

Trung
16th February 2005, 11:03 AM
Carnarvon is a relatively short course but a good risk vs. reward course.

I like New Brighton ... not very long but every hole has it's own character with good risk/reward holes.

Jono, the way your hitting some of your drives, I should expect to read more of the same. :D

btw Jimandr, http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1658&start=0 :twisted:

Jono
17th February 2005, 03:05 PM
Carnarvon is a relatively short course but a good risk vs. reward course.

I like New Brighton ... not very long but every hole has it's own character with good risk/reward holes.

Jono, the way your hitting some of your drives, I should expect to read more of the same. :D

btw Jimandr, http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1658&start=0 :twisted:

LOL ... I do sound like a broken record, sometimes. Mate, you saved your best drive till the last hole. 260 meters down the middle. And I noticed your misses were just a couple of meters off the fairway as well. Part of the reason you are down to 6, I guess. Do you find that the new shaft is making a difference?

Trung
17th February 2005, 03:15 PM
Do you find that the new shaft is making a difference?

It's gooooorne :oops: . My R7 is in my mate's friends bag :-$

I'm waiting to pick up my new toy. Dammit, only if I could get my hands on it this week :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th February 2005, 03:37 PM

I'm waiting to pick up my new toy. Dammit, only if I could get my hands on it this week :lol:

:smt107 :smt017

What the...?

Why? You were driving ok the other day? Sure it could have been better, but probably not by purcashing anew!

Jono
17th February 2005, 03:43 PM

Cally? Another Taylor? SMT perhaps? Curious to hear what has bumped the R7 out of your bag ... :?: :?: :?:

Trung
17th February 2005, 04:24 PM
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/9559/d1001618om.jpg

=P~ =P~ =P~

Jono
17th February 2005, 07:54 PM
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/9559/d1001618om.jpg

=P~ =P~ =P~

NICE ... In an R7 head? 8)