PDA

View Full Version : Fall Series - Turning Stone championship

Hamo84
2nd October 2009, 08:46 AM
Its good to see some of the Australians doing well in the first round of the Turning Stone Champonship.

Senden T3 at 5 under after first round, Scott and Matt Jones T6 at 4 under and Pampling and Nitties a further stroke back each.

Unfortunately it says that Matthew Goggin has withdrawn after a first round 79.

Tough starts for Michael Sim and Robert Allenby both 5 over the card.

Leader is Tim Petrovic and Leif Olson on 6 under

TheTrueReview
2nd October 2009, 09:09 AM
Yep, great to see the Aussies doing well. Also, interested to see a fair share of bigger names in it. Not just also rans trying to get their 2010 tour card.

Hamo84
2nd October 2009, 02:31 PM
Just wish fox would show more than 2 hours of the coverage? Bit disappointing, I am starting to warm to the Euro tour more cos they are showing up to 4 hours of coverage a night.

Flavzz
2nd October 2009, 03:50 PM
Particularly good to see A Scott do well heading into presidents cup

Hamo84
2nd October 2009, 03:57 PM
Particularly good to see A Scott do well heading into presidents cup
Agreed, just really hope that he can keep this going over the remaining rounds of the tournament and on to the Presidents cup.

adlo
3rd October 2009, 02:59 PM
Good to see A LOT of Aussies make this cut, including Appleby and Scott, who have had rubbish years.

Aron Price at T8, Senden, Pamps, Scott and Badds at T12, Lyle, Sim and Jones not too far behind. Hopefully one of these Aussies can muster a good weekend.

Hamo84
4th October 2009, 06:57 PM
Good to see A LOT of Aussies make this cut, including Appleby and Scott, who have had rubbish years.

Aron Price at T8, Senden, Pamps, Scott and Badds at T12, Lyle, Sim and Jones not too far behind. Hopefully one of these Aussies can muster a good weekend.
Good to see Pampling right up there. Maybe he can go on and take it out.....

good to also see the others Scott, Price, nitties, chalmers, jones, o'hern etc going on with it today. Particularly michael sim whi recovered from a poor first round.

adlo
4th October 2009, 07:32 PM
Hey even Lonard made the cut!

PeteyD
4th October 2009, 08:23 PM
See if Scott can put 4 decent rounds together. Maybe he just needed someone to show faith in him?

razaar
6th October 2009, 09:00 AM
Kuchar won this thing on the 6th playoff hole (no 13 par -4) with a 4 to Taylor's 6. His new swing is very flat given his height and his long legs, my guess is it is a one plane swing with just a turn/turn with very little arm lift. He couldn't afford to find the rough with this type of action which he obviously didn't in this tournament.

virge666
6th October 2009, 10:22 AM
Agree Raz,

But also was awful coverage... 3 shots then 5 minutes of ads and live reads. I tape this on my Tivo and had one instance where there was 8 minutes between two golf shots... and this was when everyone was on the course !

I think I only saw 5 different people play golf shots . . .

They must have run out of cameras.

Tex
6th October 2009, 01:29 PM
Yeh crap coverqage I watched em all after recording so at least I could fast fwd. Bloody thing stopped recording just as they were about to tee off for the play off grrrr

adlo
6th October 2009, 01:32 PM
At least Lonard had his first decent finish for the year

razaar
6th October 2009, 01:51 PM
Yeh crap coverqage I watched em all after recording so at least I could fast fwd. Bloody thing stopped recording just as they were about to tee off for the play off grrrr
Only one playoff hole was played that day. The remainder were played the following morning, which we didn't see in Oz.

virge666
6th October 2009, 07:24 PM
At least Lonard had his first decent finish for the year

He could be Nationwide next year if he doesn't pull his finger out.

With Edwin - Top 40

With Leadbetter - Nationwide.

nuff said.

razaar
6th October 2009, 09:25 PM
Its his putting I think Virge...161st in putting & 167th in money list.

virge666
12th October 2009, 01:28 PM
Its his putting I think Virge...161st in putting & 167th in money list.

Nah mate - he has always been about that high - but when he is missing greens - Oh boy - then it is just painful.